Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ivy posted:

I saw some of those in Fry's lately; didn't even know they existed!

Until they started doing aux inputs on cars, this was absolutely the best way to play music in a car. Those middle years of CD players and RF transmitters were the worst. I kept my 1994 Plymouth Acclaim until 2008, I think mostly because of the cassette player and cassette adapter. I looked like an old lady in that car, but drat if I didn't have good quality music coming out of those speakers. I haven't owned a car since then, but I understand it's a nicer experience now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

sharrrk posted:

it's good to take a break from sonic adventure 2's soundtrack every now and then
I can't listen to SA2's soundtrack anymore because I listened to it way too much and it makes me sad.

Ivy posted:

"hey greatn, what rad tunes have you got in your CD player?"
"oh, uh, they're pretty great, it's smash bros"
"ah, hmm, I see"
Yeah, everyone knows that video game music isn't real music.

edit: wait a minute I just realized that when I went to target for that B2G1, Bayonetta 2 wasn't anywhere on the store shelves. What?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ultigonio posted:

I can't listen to SA2's soundtrack anymore because I listened to it way too much and it makes me sad.

Well, live and learn.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

Well, live and learn.

oddium you're a good poster. this isn't really related to anything but i just wanted to say that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Thank you sharrrk, and likewise. It's tough out there, but we can do it.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Ultigonio posted:

edit: wait a minute I just realized that when I went to target for that B2G1, Bayonetta 2 wasn't anywhere on the store shelves. What?
Nintendo is not doing a large run of Bayonetta 2. They know the first one didn't sell a ton of copies so their being more conservative with the run of 2. Of course you could say they would sell more copies they would print and ship more copies.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

After playing mute city in Mario kart this is all my brain is doing:

More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero!

Come on Nintendo just do it!

The music from the results screen of the F-Zero track is really something.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Sonic Adventure 2 isn't a good game.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Austrian mook posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 isn't a good game.
I don't think anyone made that assertion, but its soundtrack is still "hella' tight," so to speak.

I was so jazzed by the little sound touches they made for the crossover courses. I really hope they continue with that for the second pack.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

1,108 out of the 1,232 reviews for Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam are positive, a staggering 90%. By the way, there isn't a single positive Super Metroid review on Steam.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

1,108 out of the 1,232 reviews for Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam are positive, a staggering 90%. By the way, there isn't a single positive Super Metroid review on Steam.

That's because Super Metroid isn't on steam... Try using your brain next time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

LethalGeek posted:

After playing mute city in Mario kart this is all my brain is doing:

More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero! More F-Zero!

Come on Nintendo just do it!

I had only played F-Zero with some friends back in the N64 days and it was too fast for my kid brain, playing the level in MK8 just makes me want every part of the course to be as fast as the fastest bit and maybe even some more. I need some F-Zero in me now, man.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

:confused:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

who are the people you're driving around who don't enjoy nintendo games and history?

Back when that orchestral Melee cd came out with Nintendo Power, I played it for my gaming bros. They weren't impressed.

We don't talk much anymore, is what I'm saying

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ultigonio posted:

I was so jazzed

I appreciate this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ultigonio posted:

I was so jazzed by the little sound touches they made for the crossover courses. I really hope they continue with that for the second pack.

You just made me consider exciting racing Animal Crossing music.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Is this like the Greenlight thing where people upload an entire build of Dead Space 1 or whatever and act like it's a game in progress they're working on?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I haven't seen any real deals on the Wii U for black friday, the best I've seen is Target is doing 10% off gift cards on Black Friday(up to $300), so you could buy a $300 gift card and use it towards a Wii U.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Why is the font wrong? Why go through the effort of photoshopping a fake like hat when you can simply name shortcuts whatever you want?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoctaFun posted:

I haven't seen any real deals on the Wii U for black friday, the best I've seen is Target is doing 10% off gift cards on Black Friday(up to $300), so you could buy a $300 gift card and use it towards a Wii U.

Best Buy is doing a $360 bundle for a 32 GB with Nintendoland, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and Smash Bros.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Why is the font wrong? Why go through the effort of photoshopping a fake like hat when you can simply name shortcuts whatever you want?

That's not the joke I'm telling

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

oddium posted:

That's not the joke I'm telling

It's a bad joke.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah that's the joke

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I thought it was funny, Oddium.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

oddium posted:

Yeah that's the joke

Still a bad joke.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fremry posted:

Still a bad joke.

Yeah that's the joke.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Moriatti posted:

I thought it was funny, Oddium.

Yeah, I thought it was funny until everyone got all serious and defensive about Super Metroid having no good reviews.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ivy posted:

"hey greatn, what rad tunes have you got in your CD player?"
"oh, uh, they're pretty great, it's smash bros"
"ah, hmm, I see"

You can tear my Revengeance and Guilty Gear soundtracks out of my cold, dead hands.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

That almost brought a tear to my eye when I heard all various sound effects had been changed for Mute City.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

lmao

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is way under rated. It's much better than SM3DW in my opinion. I have been putting it off as the last platformer to play on Wii U because it was rated lower than the others, but it is absolutely AAA levels of quality.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Fremry posted:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is way under rated. It's much better than SM3DW in my opinion. I have been putting it off as the last platformer to play on Wii U because it was rated lower than the others, but it is absolutely AAA levels of quality.

It's utterly fantastic in every way.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

It's utterly fantastic in every way.

It's seriously so good. I was so enthralled by it, and then I "bought" the figurines in the shop and realized the level of detail they put into the game. It's sold as a slightly lower end game, and it may be the most well crafted and beautifully done game on this console.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Happy birthday, Shiggy-san. Where the gently caress's the Animal Crossing game for Wii You?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

AAA levels of quality.
I know you mean that as a good thing but like

Also, don't worry Oddium, I appreciated your joke. I am kind of baffled that it got blown into multiple posts about arguing whether or not it was funny.

enojy posted:

Happy birthday, Shiggy-san. Where the gently caress's the Animal Crossing game for Wii You?
I suppose technically a different internal team could be working on it, but the team that made the last 3 Animal Crossing games is supposedly still working on Splatoon.

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something
Tropical freeze is cool but I can't see myself ever going back to it after I finish it. 100%ing Mario 3dworld is no big deal because the levels are quick and easy to go through a second time but in DK it takes me so long that I usually need a break after finishing just one or two levels. The rocket barrel level in world 6 was total horse poo poo.

man the only thing i was ever good at was stupid loving video games and now i suck at them too
if i'm having my mid-life crisis in my twenties does that mean i only have about twenty more years to go because that sounds a little more manageable

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

hrpff posted:

Tropical freeze is cool but I can't see myself ever going back to it after I finish it. 100%ing Mario 3dworld is no big deal because the levels are quick and easy to go through a second time but in DK it takes me so long that I usually need a break after finishing just one or two levels. The rocket barrel level in world 6 was total horse poo poo.

man the only thing i was ever good at was stupid loving video games and now i suck at them too
if i'm having my mid-life crisis in my twenties does that mean i only have about twenty more years to go because that sounds a little more manageable

I like how the first half is honest critique, but the second is you unwinding slowly at the seams.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Playing the first Animal Crossing and then essentially three of the same ones for at least a year each has really burned me out on them. If they do make another one I hope they make the town huge and full of like 30 villagers that draw from more than a pool of six personalities.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I didn't get through the very first level in TF the first time I played it just because it kept going on and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

kater posted:

I didn't get through the very first level in TF the first time I played it just because it kept going on and on.

lmao

• Locked thread