Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Some are like Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff, where you have to actively try to make it look like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I didn't think it was possible to suffer VHS style copy degradation in digital media, but the stupidity of people proves me wrong yet again.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Remember the "Monster Energy Drink is Satan" lady form a few days ago? Well turns out she crashed the Muslim call to prayer at the National Cathedral. Of course morons are trying to spin it as an Islamist take over of the nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrDK8UWsRFg

Just, don't read the comments.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Crain posted:

Remember the "Monster Energy Drink is Satan" lady form a few days ago? Well turns out she crashed the Muslim call to prayer at the National Cathedral. Of course morons are trying to spin it as an Islamist take over of the nation.

Holy poo poo... you can be thrown out like that just for speaking your mind?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Narciss posted:

You can get thrown out for trying to disrupt an event.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Crain posted:

Yep, those comments aren't great. It always sucks to remember for every person who you disagree with on one tiny minutia, there's another genuinely hateful person out there.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Narciss posted:

It's you, you're the idiot on social media. Good job.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Ludicro posted:

I didn't think it was possible to suffer VHS style copy degradation in digital media, but the stupidity of people proves me wrong yet again.

Facebook compresses images on upload, so imagine people saving and then sharing etc. I'm sure they all started their lives as nice and crisp racist macros back in 2005.

e:

Narciss posted:

lol.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Narciss posted:

You were told not to read the youtube comments, so don't quote them here.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Crain posted:

If you're not using this extension you're doing it wrong.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/herp-derp-for-youtube/ioomnmgjblnnolpdgdhebainmfbipjoh

Although I wish I could get this for every website to be honest.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
The craziest part is that this was in the Washington National Cathedral, not some Unitarian church in San Diego. Meh, whatever; I don't have a dog in this fight.

----------------

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Tracula posted:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/herp-derp-for-youtube/ioomnmgjblnnolpdgdhebainmfbipjoh

The Hodor one isn't bad either. I keep disabling them though, because I'm a sucker for punishment.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Narciss posted:

The craziest part is that this was in the Washington National Cathedral, not some Unitarian church in San Diego. Meh, whatever; I don't have a dog in this fight.

The Cathedral is non-denominational and has worship spaces for many different faiths. How about not being a racist piece of poo poo?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Narciss has like 50 probations/bans. Call it a hunch, but I think he might just be fishing for reactions by this point.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Narciss has like 50 probations/bans. Call it a hunch, but I think he might just be fishing for reactions by this point.
Shhhh, it's funnier when people don't realize that.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Please don't tell me Hawaiian shirts are tainted now. C'monnn, that's most of my wardrobe, I can't afford to throw them all out.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Byzantine posted:

Please don't tell me Hawaiian shirts are tainted now. C'monnn, that's most of my wardrobe, I can't afford to throw them all out.

as long as you look like John Candy you're golden.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tracula posted:

Google "shut up chrome adon"

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

What reaction am I supposed to have to this? Do I gasp in aw and become enlightened? Am I supposed to feel dumb for not thinking about god when I make a call? What if I already believe in god am I going to nod my head in agreement? Who is this for and why Brainy smurf? Like he's telling me some smart fact! You can just tell someone googled "clever cartoon" and just picked whatever was on the front page in all it's lovely resolution glory.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Ronnie posted:

What reaction am I supposed to have to this? Do I gasp in aw and become enlightened? Am I supposed to feel dumb for not thinking about god when I make a call? What if I already believe in god am I going to nod my head in agreement? Who is this for and why Brainy smurf? Like he's telling me some smart fact! You can just tell someone googled "clever cartoon" and just picked whatever was on the front page in all it's lovely resolution glory.

It's not a college thesis, it's just supposed to be humorous and make you think a little.

----------------

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Narciss posted:

It's not a college thesis, it's just supposed to be humorous and make you think a little.

No no no, not just think a little. Images like that really make u think.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Picnic Princess posted:

No no no, not just think a little. Images like that really make u think.

Depends on the person I suppose, but a lot of these little philosophical thought experiments are thoughts I've had independently, often as early as elementary school. For example, I thought "what if I'm the only person that's real?" when I was 7 years old.

----------------

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
:frogsiren: I have one of the pro-shirt people in my feed. It's a code red!:frogsiren:

quote:

Me: Yeah being criticized is just like being raped

Him: not the same thing no, but same logic, yes definetly

Me: Holy poo poo, dude.
Just think about it for 30 loving seconds

Him: oh I did, and I found a common theme, being "you wore___ you did it knowing what could happen so whatever happens to you well too bad. Is what happened to this guy as bad as being raped NO, but the people using that logic to shift any and all responsibility to one group, are using flawed logic. Also not saying people have no right to not like the shirt, they have every right to feel however they want, its just too bad how often people forget that those they go after on the internet are real people, who aren't used to getting tons of poo poo from total strangers. You can disagree with someone, you can tell them, you don't like what they did/said, but you don't need to attack them like they are the source of all the world's evil, which is what some of these people have been doing, clearly
AAAAHHHHH

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
That lovely smurf macro just signifies LOOK AT ME, I loving LOVE PRAYING, I'M SUCH A GOOD CHRISTIAN!

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

:frogsiren: I have one of the pro-shirt people in my feed. It's a code red!:frogsiren:
AAAAHHHHH

He's right that the logic is the same in both circumstances (People who wear "x" should expect to be "y"). What's amazing is that he seems to think that fact is in some way significant.

Folly
May 26, 2010

Colonel J posted:

That lovely smurf macro just signifies LOOK AT ME, I loving LOVE PRAYING, I'M SUCH A GOOD CHRISTIAN!

I don't know what version of Smurfs you guys watched, but the Brainy Smurf on my TV was an insufferable, know-it-all prick who was literally thrown out of almost every conversation he participated in. Which converts this image from plain stupidity to perfect unintentional irony, and makes it beautiful.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I'm guessing that's not your screencap because otherwise I'm curious why the gently caress you liked that status.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Tracula posted:

I'm guessing that's not your screencap because otherwise I'm curious why the gently caress you liked that status.

You'd be right; someone linked it in my university's feminist society Facebook group, where it's already on imgur, if you want to read the awful comments (hint: don't).

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Calling bullshit on 14, I'm a man and it has worked plenty of times.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

This just seems appropriate, especially with regards to the first two:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Ronnie posted:

A lot of the time people will put their "deep" philosophy/silly agendas/lovely opinions next to cute or beloved cartoon characters for an air of legitimacy. See the snoopy cartoons with racist bullshit earlier in the thread.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Noyemi K posted:

A lot of the time people will put their "deep" philosophy/silly agendas/lovely opinions next to cute or beloved cartoon characters for an air of legitimacy. See the snoopy cartoons with racist bullshit earlier in the thread.

This gave me an idea.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Male privilege is having your (hetero) sexuality encouraged by society.

Male privilege is writing stupid lists.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

karl fungus posted:

This gave me an idea.

This is amazing.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
The worst ones are the MLP ones, because my little sisters watch that show and I just really don't like to imagine a cute little show for little bellies (:peanut:) being used to lend some kind of agreement to awful political statements or :biotruths:

Also, I'm tempted to share this one, just to see if my right-winger friends would like/share this unironically:

Hey, a lot of my friends are pretty stupid, let's see what kind of poo poo they post:

I knew it was stupid conservatard propaganda the whole time! :downs:

e: vvv I wouldn't do it if the representatives of the american right weren't literally loving insane vvv

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Nov 17, 2014

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Noyemi K posted:

conservatard

plz don't do this, you make us look dumb

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Good lord some people are so close to realizing what the actual problem is, but then lay the blame on the exact opposite party. Yeah, we should be working together, so stop trying to be so divisive!

Narciss posted:

Depends on the person I suppose, but a lot of these little philosophical thought experiments are thoughts I've had independently, often as early as elementary school. For example, I thought "what if I'm the only person that's real?" when I was 7 years old.

*whooooosh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

• Locked thread