Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fatty Arbuckle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

Two chicken nugget tattoos in a row?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think its a shame people keep saying he raped people.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Quaaaaid... you must... activate... the reactor...

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

:911: Support Are Troops! :911:

I'll never stop being amazed that people let genuinely bad tattooists do work, indelibly, on their body. I understand going to a middling artist; not everyone needs top-tier, pro artistry, and some projects don't require a master's skill and ability. But a lot of work I see is cringe-worthy.

Also, there's a regular who comes into my workplace with tons of KKK tattoos up and down his forearms, swastikas, the whole shebang. He's actually a nice guy, impeccably polite and friendly. I wonder if they're remnants from a stay in lock-up.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Bitchkrieg posted:

Also, there's a regular who comes into my workplace with tons of KKK tattoos up and down his forearms, swastikas, the whole shebang. He's actually a nice guy, impeccably polite and friendly. I wonder if they're remnants from a stay in lock-up.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you are also white, which might explain why he is so polite to you. I'm no expert on racists though.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you are also white, which might explain why he is so polite to you. I'm no expert on racists though.

Yes. And duh, of course that subtle piece of insight isn't lost on me. He also pals around with the entire indigent population that takes up daily residency in my workplace (public library). I see a lot of Confederate flags (still racist), but he's the only one with unapologetically offensive work. My first time seeing unironic (i.e., not "it's a Hindu symbol, man!") swastikas in the wild.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

A friend of mine recently won a free tattoo from a local shop headshop/tattoo shop. They're... not great. I'm not going to post the one she got, because she's a nice gal and it wasn't horrible (it also wasn't GOOD, but whatever), but here's some other garbage they've pooped out. The third one is a coverup.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

Bitchkrieg posted:

This looks like it was printed on or something, likes its pointillism or embroidery or something. I've never seen a tattoo that is bad in this particular way before. Cool.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Ten dollars well spent!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

bummer dude posted:

This looks like it was printed on or something, likes its pointillism or embroidery or something. I've never seen a tattoo that is bad in this particular way before. Cool.

Given the way there's stitching tattooed around his arm too, I'd wager that it looking like embroidery is actually intentional

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bitchkrieg posted:

I'll never stop being amazed that people let genuinely bad tattooists do work, indelibly, on their body. I understand going to a middling artist; not everyone needs top-tier, pro artistry, and some projects don't require a master's skill and ability. But a lot of work I see is cringe-worthy.

That medal (purple heart?) looks WAY too big, which makes it tacky to an offensive level if he doesn't have a real one to back it up with.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

Bogan Krkic posted:

Given the way there's stitching tattooed around his arm too, I'd wager that it looking like embroidery is actually intentional

Why? It makes no sense

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

bummer dude posted:

Why? It makes no sense

Probably to make it look like a uniform with ribbons sewn on and medals pinned to it.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

Kramjacks posted:

Probably to make it look like a uniform with ribbons sewn on and medals pinned to it.

The medal is the part that looks embroidered.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

From a few pages back, but the idea of tattooing a mandala on your body seems like it either misses the point completely or embraces it fully. I'm not sure which.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Tweet Me Balls posted:

From a few pages back, but the idea of tattooing a mandala on your body seems like it either misses the point completely or embraces it fully. I'm not sure which.

Tattoos are human mandalas.

mundane haircut
May 3, 2007

"I am a couch. I am a couch. I am a couch."
Ultra Carp
A local place is having a flash day and I checked out their webpage.

A bit NSFW.

... yeah, nah, I think I'm good.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

I like this one and I'm not sure why :kiddo:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Chinese foot-binding fetish spotted.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Bitchkrieg posted:

I worked at a liquor store in college and had a guy on staff with a bunch of Nazi/Neo-nazi tats from prison. There were several black staff members, everyone got along fine and he was pretty nonchalant about it; I'm sure he had some racist tendencies but his attitude was pretty much that prison is a different place and it is what it is. Pretty hosed up all around but it wouldn't surprise me if your regular had a similar situation.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Super Mega Turbo posted:

A local place is having a flash day and I checked out their webpage.

A bit NSFW.

... yeah, nah, I think I'm good.

They all look like pretty reasonable trad tattoos? :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Skipopatomus posted:

I like this one and I'm not sure why :kiddo:

cyberia posted:

Half-naked Indian ballerina standing under a very low, invisible ceiling looks good to you?

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

cyberia posted:

They are all terrible.

You have the taste of a week-old brioche.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tiggum posted:

Half-naked Indian ballerina standing under a very low, invisible glass ceiling looks good to you?

Ftfy

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Tiggum posted:

Half-naked Indian ballerina standing under a very low, invisible ceiling looks good to you?

Yes, actually, I like that one. They're pretty clearly versions of traditional Sailor Jerry designs which aren't to everyone's taste, sure, but they're not bad tattoos because of it.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

No, they're just bad because they're aping a well-known style with zero actual skill or artistic ability to do so.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

The lady in blue has an excellent claw hand going on there.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

cyberia posted:

Yes, actually, I like that one. They're pretty clearly versions of traditional Sailor Jerry designs which aren't to everyone's taste, sure, but they're not bad tattoos because of it.

The composition and overall shape of the Indian girl is pretty awful, while the actual execution of the style and shading are so-so at best.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

I love this

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Traditional tattoos do often take artistic license with some details. However, knees are not divots and those blue lady calves...

E: this thread does have a spotty record of appreciating traditional styles so I guess I should mention that I'm a huge fan of traditional tattoos. Weird positioning aside I like the Native American lady, but that blue dress woman's legs are disastrous.

defectivemonkey has a new favorite as of 05:40 on Nov 16, 2014

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Your avatar is just so appropriate.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Moon Moon!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

It looks so afraid.

Also, linked because it's kind of :nws:
http://i.imgur.com/wQ8hPdu.jpg

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That's amazing

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

What body part is that? I thought stomach, but I couldn't find a belly button.

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014

That wolf has got a bad case of Muppet Mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

The motht howwithied wolth.

• Locked thread