Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

African AIDS cum posted:

What did the video show, what positions, did she take on both dudes at once? Who is asking the important questions here?

Ched licked her out after she'd taken a pounding from his powerful friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
reminder i dont know or care whether she consented or didnt

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

stickyfngrdboy posted:

reminder i dont know or care whether she consented or didnt

Rapist.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

yeah but i got away with it it's really easy to get away with rape and you have to be well guilty and an idiot to get done

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

sassassin posted:

Ched licked her out after she'd taken a pounding from his powerful friend.

He ate the creampie? Ugh gross. No wonder he went to prison, if I was on the jury or whatever they have in England probably people in white wigs dressed all weird, I'd have voted to convict as well. Disgusting.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

stickyfngrdboy posted:

lol omfg you're mental, please tell me what I'm missing. here I'll sum up what I got

the jury have to decide whether she was in a fit state to consent to sex, and decide that, for the reasons I already said like four times, one man was guilty of rape and one was not

tell me what i'm missing, you god drat lunatic crazy man!

How, when the victim said she was too inebriated to give consent to either man, did the jury determine that she was lucid enough to give consent until the exact moment when Macdonald stopped having sex with her and Evans started?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie posted:

How, when the victim said she was too inebriated to give consent to either man, did the jury determine that she was lucid enough to give consent until the exact moment when Macdonald stopped having sex with her and Evans started?

Its cool that you work in law lol

should have quoted this

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

yes

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Weren't they tried separately? That's not a distinction each jury would have to make.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

They have hosed up weird laws there. No wonder the Pilgrims left. Completely arbitrary.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Because it implies consent that she sought out McDonald at a kebab shop and willingly followed her to a hotel room. Remember Ched Evans showed up later, and we only have biased witnesses words that she said yes to him. She following McDonald ensures that McDonald had belief to think she consented, not that she did consent. Ched Evans showing up and starting to gently caress her means that he has no right to believe she had given consent.

*going full D&D with bolding and cursive, mmm*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hegay posted:

Because it implies consent that she sought out McDonald at a kebab shop and willingly followed her to a hotel room. Remember Ched Evans showed up later, and we only have biased witnesses words that she said yes to him. She following McDonald ensures that McDonald had belief to think she consented, not that she did consent. Ched Evans showing up and starting to gently caress her means that he has no right to believe she had given consent.

he works with law and still doesnt' get it lol

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

get this, they didn't determine any of that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hegay posted:

JaClayton should have known she was too drunk to consent to a kebab.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Jose posted:

he works with law and still doesnt' get it lol

does bfb actually work in law and if so did he represent ched evans and if so well it obvious why he got done

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

does bfb actually work in law and if so did he represent ched evans and if so well it obvious why he got done

he's american so unlikely but i'm pretty sure his job is something involving lawyers

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Jose posted:

he's american so unlikely but i'm pretty sure his job is something involving lawyers

Oh I didnt realise he was even american sorry bfb.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Either Ched Evans showed up and got enraged at seeing his fellow athletic team mate with a white girl, or he got *starts sniggering* cucked

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

I'm an actual lawyer but tbf I don't think the analysis that Hegav posted is applicable under US law. The question in this situation for us is only whether the person was too intoxicated to give consent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm an actual lawyer but tbf I don't think the analysis that Hegav posted is applicable under US law. The question in this situation for us is only whether the person was too intoxicated to give consent.

Well the only evidence made public is that shew was according to the jury

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/1

s1(c) is the important bit. If she claims she didn't consent but McDonald has a reasonable belief that she did then it's not rape. It's up to the jury whether they feel the belief was reasonable given the full circumstances of the case.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

This type of doxxing is not allowed. Enjoy your ban, alleged rapist.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

African AIDS cum posted:

What did the video show, what positions, did she take on both dudes at once? Who is asking the important questions here?

they did all the positions: on top, doggy, and normal

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The appeal was already rejected. Its some other weird legal review(i dunno) that is ongoing.

As people have rightly pointed out, the cases of the two dudes were considered separately by the jury, albeit as part of the same trial. The differences in terms of assumed consent seem to have decided the outcomes for the two defendants.

What the appeal application seems to have suggested if nothing else is that the guy found not guilty of his own case of rape has basically escaped any censure for his part in the second rape. That is where the confusion/disconnect with a lot of people in this thread seems to be.

Basically the logically impeccable version of this verdict would be one where the first dude remains not guilty of 'his' rape but guilty of aiding or whatever the term is of the second rape(which for all I know is just rape again anyway). Evans remains guilty.

None of this is relevant to what to do now with a guy still found guilty of this offence. I'm not sure the law is up to date in terms of dealing with modern internet nonsense when it comes to cases of people in the public eye like this, for instance Chris Huhne and his wife's ability to return to their pre-sentence positions. Huhne has not legally, but effectively, been prevented from returning to his role in government. I grant there are differences but basically he knew/was advised it wasn't on (possibly also it legally wasn't?). Whereas Evans hasn't been given the headsup on loving off. In this case I hope the clubs or FA do it for him and tell him he isn't welcome.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Palermo would hire him

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

I don't think the people demanding he disappear forever from public life have the moral high ground, and are mostly just scaremongering idiots with no faith in the justice system or humanity in general.

To be honest, do you really have that much faith in the justice system? Evans probably got a lighter sentencing than your average person would have gotten (maybe because of his ability to sign a good lawyer, maybe because of his status) and, with the rate of re-imprisonments the way they are, can anyone really say prison in itself is rehabilitating people?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Vinestalk posted:

To be honest, do you really have that much faith in the justice system? Evans probably got a lighter sentencing than your average person would have gotten (maybe because of his ability to sign a good lawyer, maybe because of his status) and, with the rate of re-imprisonments the way they are, can anyone really say prison in itself is rehabilitating people?

Your issues should be with the lawmakers and judges, and the prison wardens, then :confused:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Vinestalk posted:

Are you suggesting Ched is going to rape again?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
He'll have the good sense to put on a Ryan Giggs mask this time.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

He'll have the good sense to put on a Ryan Giggs mask this time.

It's not rape if it's with a consenting member of your own family.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

It's not rape if it's with a consenting member of your own family.

Phew, that's a load off my chest right there

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

dex_sda posted:

Phew, that's a load off my chest right there

more like a load on your chest

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

chuggo is BACK posted:

well yes

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

chuggo is BACK posted:

Ahaha

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

dex_sda posted:

Your issues should be with the lawmakers and judges, and the prison wardens, then :confused:

My issue is with them. I don't think I implied otherwise.

Bogan Krkic posted:

No. I think he might do something similarly stupid like driving drunk or assaulting someone in a bar though.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Vinestalk posted:

No. I think he might do something similarly stupid like driving drunk or assaulting someone in a bar though.

Why? Because he's Welsh? This is some serious prejudice here.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Vinestalk posted:

My issue is with them. I don't think I implied otherwise.

fair enough, you responded to a post that argued in the context of extrajudiciary punishment for evans so it looked like you were arguing for that. Sorry for the confusion

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

He hasn't shown any sort of remorse or guilt for what he has done.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pantsuit posted:

Could that be because hes innocent OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pantsuit posted:

He apologized for adultery.