Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

SW 4 really does have some fun characters to play as, I think Naotora Ii and the Uesugi dude with dual wielding chain/buzzsaws are my favourites.

Her redfaced apology before she takes everyone out is pretty hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
For OW3U- does anyone else have freezing issues on Battle of Chengdu? It gets to about 95% loaded and then just stops. I've let it sit as long as 30 minutes with no change. I've tried beating the other two main storyline missions available as well as a few side missions but no change. Will deleting and redownloading fix this? Will I lose my save? This is on Xbox One. Haven't found anyone else with a similar issue via google search.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Damnit Mitsuhide, would you just kill Nobunaga already? :negative:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SirPhoebos posted:

NOBUNAGA SAMAAAA :qq:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

FastestGunAlive posted:

For OW3U- does anyone else have freezing issues on Battle of Chengdu? It gets to about 95% loaded and then just stops.

The only issue I've had with freezing is occasionally when playing as Susano'o and doing his C5, if there's a ton of enemies on the screen it'll freeze for a second. I haven't had the issue you're referring to though, but I have a digital copy on PS3, so I don't know if it's an issue with your version or not.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SirPhoebos posted:

They really milk the scholarly disagreement for why Mitsuhide betrayed Nobunaga for all its worth in this series.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Samurai Sanders posted:

They really milk the scholarly disagreement for why Mitsuhide betrayed Nobunaga for all its worth in this series.

I think the only angle they haven't touched is the idea that he did it for his own ambitions, because it would go too heavily against his characterization.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
So apparently "Samurai Warriors 4-II" has been leaked/announced. It's unsure if this is an "Xtreme Legends" expansion under another name, a spin off, a sequel, a big DLC pack or something else. It is known there will be new characters, with II Naomasa the first revealed.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

As far as I can tell, it's a sequel and not an Xtreme Legends iteration. If someone who knows Japanese wants to take a crack at this, go ahead.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

he should have had the same armour as his mom, considering its apparently the family armour.

also from what i gathered, feb 11, VA: Konishi Katsuyuki and weapon is some form of spear. also bringing back character based stories instead of clan/faction stories. 2 of which are koshoho and the new guy.

i'm guessing its a full sequel because of capcom suing koei for the expansion pack ?

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Policenaut posted:

As far as I can tell, it's a sequel and not an Xtreme Legends iteration. If someone who knows Japanese wants to take a crack at this, go ahead.

Funnily enough, the big headline in the middle of the scan says it isn't a sequel, but "another Sengoku Musou 4".

Edit: points made in the article - it's Hachima so take it with a pinch of salt:

New story mode from the perspective of different characters but he same overall worldview
Return of the infinite castle from Sengoku Musou 2 (not sure what this was called in the western version - an endless mode which keeps giving you mini missions for rewards)
New weapon and mount upgrade system, easier to understand. Generals can now be upgraded using strategy books and unneeded weapons can be combined.
New stages (like Koshu, Osaka castle, Oshu) and one new character (so far). They seem happy with how they've reflected the seasons, weather and time of day.
Much of the existing DLC will work.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 17, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Too bad those early scans from Famitsu are always too small to actually read the text other than the headline. I'm sure it's written right there exactly what it is, but as much as I squint I can't read it.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

If they expand Chronicle mode more I may never stop playing it, already debating importing Chronicles 3 because of that :argh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd give KT a few months on Chronicle 3 before biting the bullet on importing. They seem to love supporting Vita and now that C3 is on it as the definitive version I'd think they would bring both versions overseas at some point.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, in the comments on the article on Hachima's blog, people are talking like this (and not XL) is the result of some lawsuit by Capcom. I have no idea what it could be though.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh, in the comments on the article on Hachima's blog, people are talking like this (and not XL) is the result of some lawsuit by Capcom. I have no idea what it could be though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-26-capcom-files-lawsuit-against-koei-tecmo-for-patent-infringement

They're trying to sue for expansion packs, more or less. I think everyone involved thinks it is pretty stupid.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dj Meow Mix posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-26-capcom-files-lawsuit-against-koei-tecmo-for-patent-infringement

They're trying to sue for expansion packs, more or less. I think everyone involved thinks it is pretty stupid.

Man, Capcom must be really hard up for money.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Americans: GameStop is selling DW8 PS4 for $30 on Black Friday.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I've liked Naomasa since Kessen. Glad he's getting put in!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
The rear touch screen control to call your horse for SW4 Vita is a pain. I'm used to my character whistling for their horse but half of the time they don't, so I don't know if it worked.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Woah, Sima Zhou's true musou is Yusuke Urameshi's spirit gun.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Schneider Heim posted:

The rear touch screen control to call your horse for SW4 Vita is a pain. I'm used to my character whistling for their horse but half of the time they don't, so I don't know if it worked.

Same thing happens on the PS4 version. I just keep holding down the button and the horse shows up eventually even if I didn't hear the whistle.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Dear Koei,

I appreciate that you're not wasting money on elaborate cutscenes before every battle, but could you look up the concept of 'blocking'? There are whole levels of activity characters can do between "anime spaz-out fights" and "standing rigidly still talking to each other."

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

SirPhoebos posted:

Dear Koei,

I appreciate that you're not wasting money on elaborate cutscenes before every battle, but could you look up the concept of 'blocking'? There are whole levels of activity characters can do between "anime spaz-out fights" and "standing rigidly still talking to each other."

This is ridiculous in some of the "Event Scenes" in SW4 where characters stand awkwardly around with text boxes having to explain their actions. Like Magoichi and Gracia fist bumping despite their models just standing there staring at each other, or Kenshin dying despite standing up and looking normal.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
How can I get more characters in SW4 Chronicle Mode? I only have Okuni, Goemon, Musashi and Kojiro, whom I fought in the first few missions.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Schneider Heim posted:

How can I get more characters in SW4 Chronicle Mode? I only have Okuni, Goemon, Musashi and Kojiro, whom I fought in the first few missions.

Fight people enough times that their friendships are raised with you. You'll see them on the map with a golden helmet icon. Go to those and participate in the events. Once you reach the 3rd event (4 bars of friendship), they're able to be your secondary character partner. Once you reach full friendship (4 events, 5 bars), you can use their weapons on your own character (Everyone except Kotaro, it seems :v:)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Morter posted:

Fight people enough times that their friendships are raised with you. You'll see them on the map with a golden helmet icon. Go to those and participate in the events. Once you reach the 3rd event (4 bars of friendship), they're able to be your secondary character partner. Once you reach full friendship (4 events, 5 bars), you can use their weapons on your own character (Everyone except Kotaro, it seems :v:)

Thanks.

I had one event where I accidentally sided with Munenori over Musashi and made the latter mad (down arrow in portrait), but the friendship bar still went up? What's up with that?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I think the "choices" mattered in the DS Chronicle games, but in this it doesn't really affect anything. Friendship still goes up before or after the event.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Why doesn't Warriors Orochi: Empires exist?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Probably because the warlord-ism that Empires is based off isn't really a thing in that realm(As far as I'm aware). It's Orochi running the entire map.

The 'wandering unit' setup might work, but there's hardly any way to get resources, because everything is Orochi.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Bloodly posted:

Probably because the warlord-ism that Empires is based off isn't really a thing in that realm(As far as I'm aware). It's Orochi running the entire map.

The 'wandering unit' setup might work, but there's hardly any way to get resources, because everything is Orochi.

Just dump everyone into a different world. It's not like Orochi Chinapan has a historical narrative to follow.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

As long as Empires refuses to adopt Castle Town system, they'll all be inferior to SW3 Empires anyway.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Bloodly posted:

Probably because the warlord-ism that Empires is based off isn't really a thing in that realm(As far as I'm aware).

There actually is, they make it pretty clear that there's battles between the various factions after Warriors Orochi 2, and that this is a big reason why the Hydra was able to so easily wipe everyone out. The big message in the Good Ending of WO3 is "Humans shouldn't fight each other, we should all be united as one!" This would kind of go against the whole point of the Empires stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Morter posted:

I think the "choices" mattered in the DS Chronicle games, but in this it doesn't really affect anything. Friendship still goes up before or after the event.

The up and down arrows determine how fast friendship raises with that character but events only occur once you've raised it enough to move on to the next level, which is automatic when you do the event.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So yeah SW4-2 is looking like Xtreme Legends but with the markers shaved off so Capcom doesn't sue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Policenaut posted:

So yeah SW4-2 is looking like Xtreme Legends but with the markers shaved off so Capcom doesn't sue.
which just goes to show how dumb that lawsuit is to begin with.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Can someone help me with Wen Qin's rebellion in the Jin campaign? You're supposed to isolate Gongqiu Jian and kill him, then meet the (still living) Wen Yan, but I can't seem to get into the forts to isolate Gonqiu Jian without first killing Wen Yan (they're locked up without gatekeepers until the scripted opening), and Wen Qin died somewhere way before that. I don't really understand this mission, working from this guide: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Can someone help me with Wen Qin's rebellion in the Jin campaign? You're supposed to isolate Gongqiu Jian and kill him, then meet the (still living) Wen Yan, but I can't seem to get into the forts to isolate Gonqiu Jian without first killing Wen Yan (they're locked up without gatekeepers until the scripted opening), and Wen Qin died somewhere way before that. I don't really understand this mission, working from this guide: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/
I don't recall any particular trouble with that mission, but looking at the guide you linked... are you sure you're doing things in the right order? It looks like you 'kill' Wen Yang once (causing him to respawn with Wen Qin), then kill everyone but Gonqiu Jian and the Wens.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Follow the events. Go left rather than right, kill the Wu. The game guides you to enter the castle by the left entrance. Instead, follow the path up to the top. There's an entrance to the castle there. Entering by there will activate the isolation event without having to kill Wen Qin.

This one tripped me up, also. I played it twice before I noticed that there even WAS another entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but scrolling down my Facebook feed today I saw this, from Koei's official page:

quote:

Unfortunately we have some bad news for you today.

Our studios have just confirmed that the upcoming Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires will feature Japanese voice and English subtitles only.

We are very sorry to say that it will not include English voice, as previously communicated.