Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I am waiting on the edge if my seat to see what new stuff Club Nintendo gets. They are a day late! Nintendo, Nov 16 was yesterday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

$8 for something which should be built in to the system lol

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Wildtortilla posted:

I am waiting on the edge if my seat to see what new stuff Club Nintendo gets. They are a day late! Nintendo, Nov 16 was yesterday!

I feel like it gets later and later each month.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Ping Pals is back, at last.

Wow thank you for reminding me about this

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I feel like it gets later and later each month.
The last two (since I got a Wii U) were updated the Monday after the Sunday date on the club nintendo site. We should see it soon.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Vegas Stakes, Pilot Wings, Clu Clu land Wiiu, and one lone Tokyo Crash Mobs for 3ds. So Poop on that.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I'm not sure if this is the full list for this month, but here are the new rewards on club.nintendo.com:

Wii U

- Pilotwings (200 coins)
- Vegas Stakes (200 coins)

Wii

- Clu Clu Land (200 coins)

3DS

- Tokyo Crash Mobs (200 coins)

E:f,b

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

Vegas Stakes, Pilot Wings, Clu Clu land Wiiu, and one lone Tokyo Crash Mobs for 3ds. So Poop on that.

Whoooooa this is a garbage offering.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tokyo Crash Mobs is Puzzloop/Zuma with photorealistic japanese girls, and that's dope.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Somehow I don't have Pilotwings on my Wii or Wii U so this is a good offering for me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I picked up a Japanese pro controller, since I wanted a white one. Here's the Club Nintendo JP code, hopefully someone can put it to use and get some of the cool poo poo they get over there.

WUPA RSWA 8WI2 J40V 6E6Q

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fremry posted:

I'm not sure if this is the full list for this month, but here are the new rewards on club.nintendo.com:

Wii U

- Pilotwings (200 coins)
- Vegas Stakes (200 coins)

Wii

- Clu Clu Land (200 coins)

3DS

- Tokyo Crash Mobs (200 coins)

E:f,b
4 more games were added:
Wii:
Picture-Book Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (250 coins)

3DS:
Kirby's Pinball Land (150 coins)
Metroid II (150 coins)
Starship Defense (200 coins)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Fritzler posted:

4 more games were added:
Wii:
Picture-Book Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (250 coins)

3DS:
Kirby's Pinball Land (150 coins)
Metroid II (150 coins)
Starship Defense (200 coins)

Thanks. I updated the Wii U thread and forgot this one.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Inti Creates just released some info on upcoming DLC for Mighty Gunvolt: http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201411180002/

Four new stages/bosses for 300yen; bosses include two of the Mighty No.9 bosses (the fire guy and the scissor guy), Elise from Gunvolt and "Happy-Kun" who is from Galgun I guess?

They're also putting out a free update that'll rebalance the existing stages/characters, add more elaborate stage intros/outros, better menus, etc.

EDIT: NA announcement, it'll be out on November 28 for $2.99. The base game will also be made available as a standalone purchase for $3.99.

http://inticreates.com/mighty-gunvolt-dlc-update/

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 18, 2014

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
That's pretty expensive for a "free" game . Mighty Gunvolt's initial play-through is already sub one hour and it drags at times with particularly dry stage design. Rehashing more Azure Striker Gunvolt content doesn't seem to be worthwhile.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I recommend everyone play The Swapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2q0Tx9G8Ro
Very cool game, great puzzles and atmosphere

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Pope Guilty posted:

Does the 3ds have any final fantasy VC games? I was just thinking the other day that Final Fantasy Adventure would be fun to play again.

When FF Explorers comes out in Japan all people who buy it are getting a free 3D port of Final Fantasy 1 (looks to be the GBA or PSP version of the game) and theirs a chance that same deal will come to NA/EU.

Hopefully that will convince them to release some of the others, but only time will tell.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Reminder for any JP 3DS owners that SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 3) is out today for 1000yen. The Wii U also got a few PCE games as well as DK: King of Swing (or Burabura Donkey or whatever it's called in Japanese) on the VC.

Japan is getting the DKC trilogy on the Wii U VC next week, too. I guess NA won't be far behind.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 19, 2014

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I picked up a Japanese pro controller, since I wanted a white one. Here's the Club Nintendo JP code, hopefully someone can put it to use and get some of the cool poo poo they get over there.
Took this thanks

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Paypal UK is doing 25GBP eShop cards for 20GBP right now: https://coupons.paypal.com/offers/mbotvj5

Thanks for posting this.

For anyone wanting to get SSB, GAME.co.uk are selling the download for £10 cheaper than the eShop price.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/super-smash-bros-206913?categoryIdentifier=641166&catGroupId=

I haven't got my code through yet for preloading, but they've got a week...

Nevett fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 20, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
GAME UK routinely sells download codes for less than the price of buying direct from the eShop but they only deal in first-party stuff.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 27):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Sonic Boom - €49.99 / £39.99
    WATCH_DOGS - €59.99 / £49.99
WII U eSHOP
    Rock Zombie - €6.99 / £6.29
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure (demo)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    WATCH_DOGS
  • Conspiracy! - €4.99 / £4.49
  • Access Granted - €5.99 / £5.39
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wild Guns (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Natsume Championship Wrestling (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on 3DS, get the Wii U version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - 30% off for owners of Abyss or Darts Up until November 27

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Sonic Boom - €39.99 / £34.99
    Tetris Ultimate - €19.99 / £15.99
    Asterix: The Mansion of the Gods - €34.99 / £29.99, includes demo
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    101 Pony Pets 3D - €4.00 / £3.59
    Darts Up! 3D - €0.49 / £0.45 for owners of Darts Up on Wii U
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Shin Megami Tensei IV DLC
  • Clipped Wings 2 - €1.79 / £1.49
  • Snake Scale Equipment - €0.99 / £0.75
3DS MENU THEMES
    Sonic Boom - free!
    Pokémon: Onemuri Pikachu - €1.99 / £1.79
    Pokémon: Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre - €1.99 / £1.79
    Super Mario (Blue) - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Lufia: The Legend Returns (Game Boy Color) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on Wii U, get the 3DS version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    AiRace Xeno (3DS eShop) - €1.69 / £1.59 until December 11

NA update (week of November 20):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (November 21) - $59.99
    WATCH_DOGS - $59.99
    Penguins of Madagascar (November 25)- $29.99
    Amazing Spider-Man - $39.99
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $39.99
WII U eSHOP
    Alphadia Genesis - $14.99
    Snake Den - $3.99
    ZaciSa's Last Stand (demo)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    DK: King of Swing (GBA) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    BIT.TRIP Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until November 24
    Blok Drop U (Wii U eShop) - $0.99 until November 27
    The Letter (Wii U eShop) - $0.49 until November 27
    PING 1.5+ (Wii U eShop) - $2.49 from November 26-December 3
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until December 4

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Pokemon Omega Ruby (November 21) - $39.99
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (November 21) - $39.99
    Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (November 25) - $39.99
    Penguins of Madagascar (November 25)- $29.99
    Amazing Spider-Man - $29.99
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $29.99
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $29.99
    Fishdom H20: A Hidden Odyssey (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Battleminer - $9.99
    Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 - $9.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    nintendogs+cats Theme - free for digital owners of nintendogs+cats, available until December 31 2015
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pokemon Trading Card Game (Game Boy Color) - $5.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - available until November 28
    European Conqueror 3D (3DS) - $2.79 until November 27
    Yumi's Odd Odyssey[/i] (3DS eShop) - "on sale" from November 25-December 1
    Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns 3D[/i] (3DS) - "on sale" from November 25-December 1
    The Keep (3DS eShop) - $7.99 until December 4
    Darts Up 3D (3DS) - $0.99 until December 4
    Soccer Up 3D (3DS) - $1.99 until December 4
    Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay (3DS) - $19.99 from November 26-December 10
    Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - $19.99 from November 26-December 10
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Clu Clu Land (Wii VC) - 200 Coins, available until December 14
    Kirby's Pinball Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until December 14
    Metroid II: Return of Samus (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until December 14
    Picturebook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (WiiWare) - 250 Coins, available until December 14
    Pilotwings (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until December 14
    Starship Defense (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until December 14
    [u]Tokyo Crash Mobs
    (3DS eShop) - 200 Coins, available until December 14
    [u]Vegas Stakes
    (Wii U VC) - 2O0 Coins, available until December 14

(Upcoming NA VC releases: Mighty Final Fight (3DS/Wii U) November 27, Mario Pinball Land (Wii U) November 27.)

Smash dudes, remember, you can pre-download the game so that it's ready before the midnight launch, if you haven't already.

Pokemon dudes, take note: the game won't be out in Canada until next week, and the AU/NZ version is out now.

I hear the Watch Underscore Dogs port is actually okay but ffffffffuck Ubisoft.

DK: King of Swing is to Clu Clu Land what DK94 is to OG DK, I guess? I kinda like it. I think it's the only game to feature the DKC characters drawn with traditional pixel art, too, which is neat in its own way.

Lots of Natsume games this week: three VC releases in PAL-land (all pretty good!), plus Alphadia Genesis (a port of a Kemco cellphone RPG, probably bad) in NA and some sales on some 3DS stuff including Yumi's Odd Odyssey. (The sale prices aren't on the PR, can someone check 'em on the eShop for me?)

The Keep is also on sale in NA, too - it's a real-time dungeon crawler in the vein of Grimrock or Eye of the Beholder and by all accounts it's pretty good, so you might wanna give it a look.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Haha Ubisoft thinks their 7 month old universally panned game is worth $60. Call me when you drop it to $20, Ubi.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

greatn posted:

Haha Ubisoft thinks their 7 month old universally panned game is worth $60. Call me when you drop it to $20, Ubi.

Why do you want to pay $20 for a bad game?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

Why do you want to pay $20 for a bad game?

From what I've read it isn't terrible, just flawed and disappointing compared to their demo.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

From what I've read it isn't terrible

greatn posted:

universally panned

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Everyone says this game is bad, and I agree with them! I wouldn't pay full price for this hunk of dog poo poo but i actually think it looks kind of cool guys maybe ill buy it if it goes on sale, but uh, you know, it's an awful game!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's not mutually exclusive.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I mean maybe it's not "bad" on a technical level but it is also an incredibly rote and boring open-world game so you probably shouldn't play it unless you somehow haven't had your fill of tepid open world games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Monkey Fracas posted:

I mean maybe it's not "bad" on a technical level but it is also an incredibly rote and boring open-world game so you probably shouldn't play it unless you somehow haven't had your fill of tepid open world games.

It'll keep me occupied between wooly world and whatever the next release is. I think after that and Rainbow curse there's a pretty large drought unless Splatoon cones out sooner than I think.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

It'll keep me occupied between wooly world and whatever the next release is. I think after that and Rainbow curse there's a pretty large drought unless Splatoon cones out sooner than I think.

It's metacritic score is 80, while Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze's metacritic score is 83. Personal bias aside, you either have to say that DKC Tropical Freeze was universally panned or that Watch_Dogs got generally favorable reviews.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fremry posted:

It's metacritic score is 80, while Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze's metacritic score is 83. Personal bias aside, you either have to say that DKC Tropical Freeze was universally panned or that Watch_Dogs got generally favorable reviews.
Universally panned by the people that matter (not game reviewers).

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

I haven't finished Watch_Dogs so maybe the ending is so terrible that it changes things, but I actually really enjoyed what I played of the PC version. I wanted an open world game that allows you to run around and hack random people and that's what I got.

One thing that I really liked about it was how using stealth was actually a viable technique a lot of the time, like in Deus Ex: HR. There are some situations where direct combat is necessary, but the game usually gives you an out. One notable example is a warehouse where I was ambushed by a gang; however, there was plenty of advance warning and explosives in the warehouse, and with careful bomb placements I was able to take out most of them as soon as they entered the warehouse and then sneak around and stealth kill/snipe the few that remained.

Also the online play was really fun--my favorite was a mode where you were dropped into another player's game and had to stalk them without being noticed. If you did it right, the other player was never even notified of your presence, which helped add a strong sense of paranoia that I was being constantly watched in my own game (and had me actually consider my actions towards NPCs, which is a first for an open world game).

Things that were not so great: any missions involving following/stopping someone in a car, the fact that the PC's online play because lousy with actual hacks within a week of gameplay, and the fact that the hacker culture represented in the game tried so hard to be dark'n'edgy Stephenson-esque Cyberpunk that it was an instant parody of itself.

I'd say perhaps not buy it at full retail, but at $40 or so it's probably worth it.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I thought Watchdogs was a poor man's GTA but most people I know that got it had a lot of fun with it. $60 seems like a lot though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Even if it were universally praised it's seven months old and on a less powerful system. If they had included the DLC for free or something, that would at least be something.

And yeah the gameplay looks pretty fun to me and I'm glad you can stealth a great deal. But the protagonist looks unlikable and the story looks terrible. UniSoft protagonists are the worst. I'm surprised there wasn't a "Press X to torture" in the latest Rayman. Then again maybe there was.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

Even if it were universally praised it's seven months old and on a less powerful system. If they had included the DLC for free or something, that would at least be something.

And yeah the gameplay looks pretty fun to me and I'm glad you can stealth a great deal. But the protagonist looks unlikable and the story looks terrible. UniSoft protagonists are the worst. I'm surprised there wasn't a "Press X to torture" in the latest Rayman. Then again maybe there was.

It's getting some DLC, but not the one people were hoping for. The story isn't the best, but I've never considered story to be an important part in open world games. Its biggest mistake is that it takes itself too seriously for a game where you can hack computers by looking at them though a camera, but I found it easy enough to roll my eyes at some of the stupider bits as I moved on to the next gameplay section.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

King of Swing kind of owns, even though the DS sequel was vastly superior and was actually really great. Mario Pinball, however, is a colossal piece of loving poo poo and total waste of a GBA game pick. God drat, just drop Zero Mission and Tactics Ogre please

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pokemon dudes, take note: the game won't be out in Canada until next week, and the AU/NZ version is out now.

Uh no, it's coming out in Canada on the 21st.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I got through Paper Monsters Recut which was released about a week ago, my review is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAbfTD-Q6lw.

If you're a goon-parent then I'd recommend chucking your kids on this one, since it feels really good to play. But it's not got much of anything so unless you are really into playing games that just look and feel friendly I wouldn't buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I played all the way through Watch_Dogs and thought it wasn't bad, had a lot of fun with some of the side games. I couldn't make it past 4 hours into GTA5 unless I wanted to die of boredom. I also thought Sticker Star was a great game, maybe I just like bad games.

Edit: But yea gently caress the full price bullshit. At the most it should have been $40 and I think that's pushing it.