Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Probably something that leads to sleepers in k space .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

My theories:

#1. Eve goes free to play with stupid microtransactions.

#2. Riot games buys out CCP

#3. CCP Introduce static plex prices

#4. All of the above.

e. calling it so it reduces the chances of it happening. I'm always wrong, my wife reminds me everyday.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Did you just highlight your computer monitor?

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

vyst posted:

I don't think he did, it was some idiot on Reddit trying to score points. CCP Manifest said 'mark my words' so this guy marked his screen with a highlighter.

He actually got Reddit Gold for it - http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2mkhwh/ccp_manifest_mark_my_words_this_is_going_to_be_a/

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lord_Ferritos posted:

My theories:

#1. Eve goes free to play with stupid microtransactions.

#2. Riot games buys out CCP

#3. CCP Introduce static plex prices

#4. All of the above.

e. calling it so it reduces the chances of it happening. I'm always wrong, my wife reminds me everyday.

The poo poo storm that any of those would produce would be amazing. My bet though is that the big reveal is actually gonna some poo poo nobody cares and not big at all because CCP never does anything exciting.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

vyst posted:

naw he stole that picture from some twitter goofus

because ccp manifest said "mark my words" get it he used a highlighter

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

I hate people.

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster

Chomp8645 posted:

The poo poo storm that any of those would produce would be amazing. My bet though is that the big reveal is actually gonna some poo poo nobody cares and not big at all because CCP never does anything exciting.

CCP have wisened up a lot under CCP Seagull. Their overall vision is something that most people can agree with now, i.e making the game more sandoxy and more fun.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

vyst posted:

I'm not clever enough to think of something that witty.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

you're the biggest luser i've ever seen
you got whiteout all over your screen

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

scandoslav posted:

Is that you, Bhane, or are you somebody from an earlier incarnation of the squad?

Thank you thank you thank you for this. It looks we'll have to do a shield brawl doctrine until our mostly shield-focused personnel can train into armor. The fact that your Legions use HAMs is gonna make the transition from HAMgus a lot easier, as will the fact that many of our support ships (Lokis, Curses, Falcons, etc.) can work with either fleet.

Once armorBrawl comes online we can retool our shield stuff for skirmish duty.

Pulling out expensive ships is always awesome, they're expensive because they're good at their jobs. I splurged on a vigilant recently, it's incredibly fun to fly.

The cost is a real concern. Several of our more active dudes rely on C3/4 ratting, relics, and huffing to fund their subs and PvP. I'm not sure we'll be able to sustain repeated welps of expensive ships.

We could probably get evicted by a stiff breeze at this point, so it wouldn't be much of a fight. If you wanted to do more than squish a five man kitchen sink gang, we'd have to look for outside help (something that I was hoping to avoid for all but existential threats (which I supposed you could very easily represent :ohdear:)). I really, really want to get to the point where we can have proper rumbles, though.

Aye, it's me, Bhane. Keep up the c3/c4 ratting is all I can say. With the loot boosts in c3s, dominixing them is now even more worthwhile, same goes for c4. Honestly, it's worth it. Pulling out expensive ships is always awesome, they're expensive because they're good at their jobs. I splurged on a vigilant recently, it's incredibly fun to fly.

Also, look at Gilas. They're capable of soloing c3s in crazy fast time. No SP loss when you inevitably lose one either! IIRC they pay themselves off in about 3/4 hours of sites, then every site you run is profitable. No ammo usage either, bonus. Two RR Gilas make absolute mincemeat in c3 sites, the speed is nuts because the drones apply dps better than almost every other weapon system.

"I really, really want to get to the point where we can have proper rumbles, though." < Yeah, you do, they're brilliant. No tidi, just two sides of competent people, and the metagaming going on during these brawls is nuts. We've had armor fights on WHs that last half an hour or more and only lose 2 ships per side, albeit they're 500m isk guardians :shobon: Neuting is co-ordinated, jams are appropriate race and called to coincide with targets, distance is dictated to weaken home-field advantage (they had triage carriers, we did not). Enemy warps in extra dreads, one warped at 0 and got shredded, too much firepower no field now though so we pull back to the hole, take out the loki that leaves their triage and jump out.

As for seeing you out and about - well, HK has no interest in evicting any of the smaller corps, at all. I just want to see if I can catch your domi gang, or Surreal's golem :devil:

I saw your member count has gone up nicely too. Keep that up, it'd be ace to see HoleSquad get bigger and stronger within WH space. Probably a total shot in the dark, but if you can keep membership going and active, I'd like to see you guys in a C5 one day. Capitals change the ballgame entirely in WH space, and in a totally different way than kspace. The first time I saw a capital escalation I was just floored by how much money they drop. 20m isk per sleepless guardian, and they die in ~10-15s each. Even if you can just get 1 carrier, 1 dread and 1 loki into a c5 the potential is staggering.

MorsAnima fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 17, 2014

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Me too!

That's why I just cancelled my 2 accounts.

:silent::respek::silent:

Ditto. It's glorious! No more skill queues.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Margaret Thatcher posted:

CCP have wisened up a lot under CCP Seagull. Their overall vision is something that most people can agree with now, i.e making the game more sandoxy and more fun.

What have they done recently to make it more sandboxy and more fun? This an honest questions because I'm not subscribed but I do keep up somewhat and I haven't heard of them doing anything big. The jump fatigue was supposed to shake things up in theory but from what I'm hearing it didn't do much. And other than that it's just a lot of dumb bullshit like glass cannon mods and loot pinata ship haulers.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Apparently CCP talked about a trailer for something on a podcast that Manifest was a guest on. It would be classic CCP to say this week would be interesting and release a pretty video.

I mean, i like the trailers and all, but they're not that big of a deal.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

ranbo das posted:

Apparently CCP talked about a trailer for something on a podcast that Manifest was a guest on. It would be classic CCP to say this week would be interesting and release a pretty video.

They just want to keep the hype up, I'm sure it won't be such a big surprise.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ranbo das posted:

The trailers are (were?) the best part of a new expansion :colbert:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Glory of Arioch posted:

A former CSM, IIRC.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Kesper North posted:

A former CSM, IIRC.

thank you for qualifying the goofus

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ranbo das posted:

Regarding the next trailer, CCP have been asking for audio comms form fleets and such for a trailer.

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster
Looks like DIX have paid $5 (less than $1 dollar each) to get a bunch of Indian boys to dance wearing their recruitment message.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2ml5n1/dix_is_recruiting/

https://uk.fiverr.com/videomk/creat...044247073830560

Corps have done this poo poo before, but using children is loving out of line.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Margaret Thatcher posted:

Looks like DIX have paid $5 (less than $1 dollar each) to get a bunch of Indian boys to dance wearing their recruitment message.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2ml5n1/dix_is_recruiting/

https://uk.fiverr.com/videomk/creat...044247073830560

Corps have done this poo poo before, but using children is loving out of line.

So many things I could use this for...

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fiverr is awesome.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Regarding the next trailer, CCP have been asking for audio comms form fleets and such for a trailer.

"FC is primary"
"Spai"
"Pap? Pap? Pap? Pap? Pap?"
"Grr Gons"
"Check. Check Check. Shut up. SHUT UP YOU loving RETARDS"

"warp, warp warp, everyone warp to me *bark bark* oh gently caress everyone who warped is dead"

Stop posting, especially when stating the obvious about things nobody gives a poo poo about in three times as many sentences as necessary.

Glory of Arioch posted:

protip: this is how you do it

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 17, 2014

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
"Okay everyone get on the gate make sure you don't WHO THE gently caress JUMPED"
"Shobon Newbee, I repeat, Shobon Newbee, please stop damping the anchor"

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

blowfish posted:

"FC is primary"
"Spai"
"Grr Gons"

"warp, warp warp, everyone warp to me *bark bark* oh gently caress everyone who warped is dead"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
:phoneline::phoneline: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

blowfish posted:

"FC is primary"
"Spai"
"Grr Gons"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyPyh9Qtawk

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Voyager I posted:

"Okay everyone get on the gate make sure you don't WHO THE gently caress JUMPED"
"Shobon Newbee, I repeat, Shobon Newbee, please stop damping the anchor"

"This is an interceptor only fleet, get the gently caress out if you're not in an interceptor" - "FC can i bring my Drake?"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"loving LEMMINGS ALIGN IS NOT WARP!"

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
"BUBBLE UP SPREAD POINTS SPREAD POINTS SPREAD ah gently caress, you're all terrible."

EDIT: thank god for a game that gives random goons a "gently caress my fleet" button.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

I approve of this product and/or message.

Voyager I posted:

"BUBBLE UP SPREAD POINTS SPREAD POINTS SPREAD ah gently caress, you're all terrible."

That's when you sort your overview by distance and put both points on the closest enemy, right? :downs:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

CCP should just take a 5 minute excerpt from one of the Clarion Call videos to show off ~13373 pvp in EVE 0nl1n3~

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Libluini posted:

Looking at some SiSi-ship skins at the moment.

If you scroll down, you may notice some reinforcements for the GPD:

Soon we'll have the Megathron and the Kronos (police-edition) to join the venerable GPD Federation Navy Comet. Soon the police will be invincible!

Baltec can finally join (police) cruiserfleets again :frogbon:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Baltec can finally join (police) cruiserfleets again :frogbon:

Nah he should just bring a roaming Hel

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Hey now that jump drives have been nerfed into the ground he can just bring Megas on cap fleets.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
So you people who actually get the pings for caps. How has the Dread use been since Phoebe?

I keep hearing that the use of Dreadnoughts have dropped drastically.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

blowfish posted:

Nah he should just bring a roaming Hel

Nano Hels got nerfed right?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

MorsAnima posted:

Also, look at Gilas. They're capable of soloing c3s in crazy fast time. No SP loss when you inevitably lose one either! IIRC they pay themselves off in about 3/4 hours of sites, then every site you run is profitable. No ammo usage either, bonus. Two RR Gilas make absolute mincemeat in c3 sites, the speed is nuts because the drones apply dps better than almost every other weapon system.

Would you mind sharing that fit for that Gila? I've been messing around in EFT trying to get one that can tank the sites but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zephyrine posted:

So you people who actually get the pings for caps. How has the Dread use been since Phoebe?

I keep hearing that the use of Dreadnoughts have dropped drastically.

This is correct -- but it's not just dreads. Carrier usage has dropped drastically as well, except for Reavers, who throw them around like it ain't no thang.

Mostly, it's because a double-fatigue range basically limits them to home defense, and we don't have anyone seriously trying to kick down our doors at this particular moment. e: And for the current non-serious stuff, subcap fleets do well enough.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 17, 2014

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

This is correct -- but it's not just dreads. Carrier usage has dropped drastically as well, except for Reavers, who throw them around like it ain't no thang.

Mostly, it's because a double-fatigue range basically limits them to home defense, and we don't have anyone trying to kick down our doors at this particular moment.

Thanks. I still have a few months left on cap training. Anything can happen until then I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

darthzeta88 posted:

Nano Hels got nerfed right?

How do you mean? All supercarriers saw a nerf a while back when they changed fighterbombers to require 2xDDA to reach their old damage values. However, shield supercarriers feel this nerf much less than armor due to their lowslots not being their primary tank layer.

• Locked thread