Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Viggen posted:

E: Sorry, I can't manage a propper Aussie inflection. My racism module is defective.

Sounds like you need to learn how to talk Australians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Just found out my great uncle died and so it has came to pass that the last one of his generation in our family is gone. At least he published a book on his experiences on WW2 in Iwo Jima and other places in and around Japan including getting malaria and having a pet monkey while stationed in the Philippines after his malaria days. Dude was awesome.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

General_Failure posted:

What the gently caress was that?

A combination of Fat Pizza humor, and Sexualobster.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Sounds like you need to learn how to talk Australians.

I saw part of this series before, but I don't remember cackling like I just did.

E: They made a Chinko rolls joke, too. We're up on our 90s humor of 70s Australia.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 17, 2014

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

General_Failure posted:

I hope you're serious.

Serious as a heart attack. Its the only way we get any peace and can enjoy our meal.

Its funny when you don't have kids its easy to say "what poor parenting allowing little brats to squawk like that" once you have walked a mile in those shoes it more like "Dude I had a poo poo day like that yesterday. Chin up and remember bedtime is the best time."

In car related news, I really, really want an old Range Rover. Advertised locally its a 2000 plate 4.0 petrol. Its cheap and he reckons he gets 9 mpg on a run, the loving liar.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

thegasman2000 posted:

In car related news, I really, really want an old Range Rover. Advertised locally its a 2000 plate 4.0 petrol. Its cheap and he reckons he gets 9 mpg on a run, the loving liar.

NO.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

See I hear NO and still my heart says electric ride height adjustment, big broom broom engine and all cream leather interior with every single add on available for £700...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Listen to this man.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

thegasman2000 posted:

Serious as a heart attack. Its the only way we get any peace and can enjoy our meal.

Its funny when you don't have kids its easy to say "what poor parenting allowing little brats to squawk like that" once you have walked a mile in those shoes it more like "Dude I had a poo poo day like that yesterday. Chin up and remember bedtime is the best time."

I can well believe it. My 3.5 petrol gets ~8. Sounds lush though!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

meltie posted:

I can well believe it. My 3.5 petrol gets ~8. Sounds lush though!

And it could tow a loving house... And... yeah I have a problem.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh come on, what's the worst that could happen?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Oh come on, what's the worst that could happen?

Three engine changes at least?

Right CSB?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

CommieGIR posted:

Right CSB?

Rust? Its Brit...ish so

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
the best I ever got outta a 4.0 was ehhhh 10-12. 4.6 will get you 14ish if you're nice.

thegasman2000 posted:

See I hear NO and still my heart says electric ride height adjustment, big broom broom engine and all cream leather interior with every single add on available for £700...

Mind you 90% of that poo poo probably won't work, but I'd be happy to ship you spares. :D

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Yeah, well, a 4.0 Jeep and 4.0 Ford will survive anything. I'm pretty sure that Rover will manage to not completely destruct itself. Its just the rest of the car that you need to worry about, right? RIGHT!? :geno:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rovers are perfectly fine after a 4.6 swap.

Ford 4.6, that is.

Even the SOHC.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I recommend a bicycle instead.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

I recommend a bicycle instead.

My bicycle has outlasted two rovers at this point.

...and racked up more miles on less liquor.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

thegasman2000 I'd like you to think of what the sane option would be

And then remember the name of this subforum

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

KozmoNaut posted:

:lol:

Some dude on Imgur accused me of being a feminazy for speaking up against MRA bullshit like forced abortions,

~*INTERNET DRAMA*~

Okay slow down a sec.... What the gently caress? What the hell is this forced abortion MRA thing?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Yeah parts won't be an issue, I am about to go full time with a scrap yard :)

Pro's

Its a proper luxury 4x4.
Its gots toys and poo poo
its got a big engine
its cheap
its will annoy the mrs
parts not an issue

Cons

hahaha do you guys hate fun...
running costs
the mrs may kill and or leave me.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
By all means, Go for it!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That's all well and good but I'm fairly firmly convinced that working for a scrap yard will just give you access to everyone else's blown rover engines as well as your own.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

thegasman2000 posted:

Yeah parts won't be an issue, I am about to go full time with a scrap yard :)

Pro's

Its a proper luxury 4x4. - ok, I'll give you that
Its gots toys and poo poo - if they aren't already broken, they will be soon
its got a big engine - that gets the gas mileage of an even BIGGER engine, and breaks
its cheap - until it breaks
its will annoy the mrs - gotta give you this one
parts not an issue - I guess in britland parts are cheap and plentiful, go nuts

Cons

hahaha do you guys hate fun...
running costs - OH GOD THE RUNNING COSTS
the mrs may kill and or leave me.

VVVVV this is the only answer, really

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
If you don't swap a diesel into it: You're wrong.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

If you don't swap a diesel into it: You're wrong.

Those fuckers came with a bmw diesel in euro markets, AND 5 speed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Those fuckers came with a bmw diesel in euro markets, AND 5 speed.

The V70 came with a diesel option too over there:argh:

AND A MANUAL!

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Yeah but the diesels are lots more money! Nobody in the UK can run a 4.0 petrol with petrol prices as they are. Its why this seeming good one is so cheap.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
or it needs heads. or bigend bearings cause the PO toolbag ran it outta oil.

but hey, Don't take my word for it, buy it and let us know. :3:

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

cursedshitbox posted:

or it needs heads. or bigend bearings cause the PO toolbag ran it outta oil.

but hey, Don't take my word for it, buy it and let us know. :3:

Your the guru and I will defer this one to your knowledge. Still a lot of car for the money.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cat Terrist posted:

Okay slow down a sec.... What the gently caress? What the hell is this forced abortion MRA thing?

Some hardcore redpill MRAs seriously think that the father should be able to decide whether or not a pregnancy should be aborted.

It's exactly as bad as it sounds.

They also argue that the father should be able to veto the mother's decision to have an abortion. Which is also pretty disturbing.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 17, 2014

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

Some hardcore redpill MRAs seriously think that the father should be able to decide whether or not a pregnancy should be aborted.

It ought to be a cooperative decision but the lady gets final say.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

They also argue that the father should be able to veto the mother's decision to have an abortion. Which is also pretty disturbing.

That is ridiculous but on the other hand I can't wait for RISUG or some similar procedure to be widely available. I'm not decided on if or when I want to have kids, depends on who I end up with if anyone at all, so I'd very much like to completely prevent it for now but be able to have that undone in the future if I so choose.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I give up. I'm moving back to 1998 (Arbitrary date where we still had non-dialup internet in the tech sector). gently caress all y'all. Time to buy Yahoo! (GOOG) stock. I can't wait for the next Kevin Smith movie. :3:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

thegasman2000 posted:

Your the guru and I will defer this one to your knowledge. Still a lot of car for the money.

CommieGIR posted:

Right CSB?

Right.

:colbert:

P38 engines are easier to pull...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Beach Bum posted:

It ought to be a cooperative decision but the lady gets final say.
Mm, yeah, but I support the idea that you should have the right to financially separate yourself, so the guy's not beholden to the decision.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

InitialDave posted:

Mm, yeah, but I support the idea that you should have the right to financially separate yourself, so the guy's not beholden to the decision.

It's a sticky situation in cases of non-cooperation between the father and mother. I don't really have any defined stances on cases outside of parental cooperation because I haven't taken the time to think it out.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Beach Bum posted:

It's a sticky situation in cases of non-cooperation between the father and mother. I don't really have any defined stances on cases outside of parental cooperation because I haven't taken the time to think it out.

The problem is so many guys think they have the RIGHT to the baby, regardless if they ever intended to ever help support it.

See: The laws pushed through in many Southern States giving Rapists the right to have a say in their rape childs life.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
If it was a classic go for it.

gently caress the P38. Granted when it worked, it was the best SUV I have ever driven. But that lasted 30 minutes over the course of 2 years of ownership.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CommieGIR posted:

The laws pushed through in many Southern States giving Rapists the right to have a say in their rape childs life.
As I understood it, those weren't so much proscriptive laws, as loopholes of "The father shall always have the right to be involved", and they messed up by not including a clause about rape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

As I understood it, those weren't so much proscriptive laws, as loopholes of "The father shall always have the right to be involved", and they messed up by not including a clause about rape?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/01/us/rapist-child-custody/

They've started fixing it in recent years, but yeah, basically.

• Locked thread