Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Phetz posted:

Looks like Space Rangers HD: A World Apart is also on sale today for $4.99, which is the lowest I've seen it go personally. I've never played it but I heard lots of good stuff about Space Rangers 2, which this is apparently an upgrade of. Does it hold up in 2014?

What is it, exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Awesome! posted:

did you need us to tell you to buy the huge anime titty game or something? thought that was obvious

But how am I to quantify titty to gameplay ratio without 2+ pages of dissenting opinion about it? Are the titties on par with the gold standard, the DoAX engine? Nobody is tackling the real issues here!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

E: Don't waste money on Sakura Spirits, just watch the lp like any sensible poor goon.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Please dont buy anime titties game

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Everblight posted:

What is it, exactly?

A turn-based space sandbox RPG strategy shooter text adventure RTS 4X.

At its core, it's kinda like a turn-based version of Sid Meier's Pirates, but in space. Travel, trade, beat stuff up, upgrade, etc. But there's a 4x-style war going on between the various factions, and you're a single independent unit. It's possible for the game to be won or lost if you screw around for too long, although that takes a LONG time. At various points it shifts into other genres entirely, including a real-time arena shooter when travelling through hyperspace, and a variety of multiple choice text-adventures for more complex interactions with various planetary governments and their problems.

There's also a (very light) RTS/shooter hybrid layer for planetary combat, although a lot of people skip this altogether. It's 100% optional.

The HD version is a significant improvement over the original Space Rangers 2. Mainly because they re-translated it into something approaching English. It sounds in places like it was still originally Russian, but at least you can understand what's going on 95% of the time. They also added a third major faction to the 4X side of things - pirates, which can establish their own empire or sorts - and there are victory/failure conditions for either joining them and uniting the universe under your banner, or wiping them out entirely.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Did Goat Simulator have a free weekend when it came out or something? I know I played it, but it's not in my steam library...

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Everblight posted:

What is it, exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlixbA7_CH4

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

MonkeyforaHead posted:

But how am I to quantify titty to gameplay ratio without 2+ pages of dissenting opinion about it? Are the titties on par with the gold standard, the DoAX engine? Nobody is tackling the real issues here!
our friend freak futa has you covered http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6862926-Waifu-Hunter/

quote:

This game absolutely has a lot of prime waifu material. It comes strongly recommended.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

awesmoe posted:

Please buy anime titties game

Agreed. Anime titties are great and i love them dearly.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Freak Futanari posted:

PLEASE dont misrepresent my opinion!!! I think there are a lot of strong positives to anime titties but I DO NOT believe that steam should become an anime titty delivery platform! Anime tttie slideshows are NOT games and should not be sold as such.

e: its about ethics in anime titty journalism.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

You have been talking about nothing but Sakura Spirit for over 6 months. Do you have stock options on this game or what?

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.

Dominic White posted:

The HD version is a significant improvement over the original Space Rangers 2. Mainly because they re-translated it into something approaching English. It sounds in places like it was still originally Russian, but at least you can understand what's going on 95% of the time. They also added a third major faction to the 4X side of things - pirates, which can establish their own empire or sorts - and there are victory/failure conditions for either joining them and uniting the universe under your banner, or wiping them out entirely.

The only bad thing about HD is they took out the incredible original intro. Other than that its a stellar upgrade of an already great game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is a man not entitled to his love of huge anime titties?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

I enjoy anime titties. Do you have a problem with this?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Awesome! posted:

is a man not entitled to his love of huge anime titties?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

awesmoe posted:

PLEASE dont misrepresent my opinion!!! I think there are a lot of strong positives to anime titties but I DO NOT believe that steam should become an anime titty delivery platform! Anime tttie slideshows are NOT games and should not be sold as such.

e: its about ethics in anime titty journalism.

If you guys seriously have a problem with big anime titties you have AIDS just like the people hating on Goat Simulator MMO.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

"I would love this game but ugh big bouncing titties, memes, goats or other generally fun thing"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolitarySolidarity posted:

Except for the games you like that I don't.

what if I like all games

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Some people ITT need to stop big anime titties shaming

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
love dem titties

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Deakul posted:

video games are kinda poo poo these days fwiw

What a shameful post.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Widestancer posted:

"I would love this game but ugh big bouncing titties, memes, goats or other generally fun thing"

uhhhhh.... a meme??? :stonk: :gonk:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Freak Futanari posted:

uhhhhh.... a meme??? :stonk: :gonk:

Metal Gear.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*pulls out cock* man I just can't get hard to games anymore. Sorry honey. It's not my impotence that's the problem it's the games. Yeah. That's it.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Widestancer posted:

If you guys seriously have a problem with big anime titties you have AIDS just like the people hating on Goat Simulator MMO.

I think steam shouldn't have accepted it, however I don't really care and I certainly don't feel strongly about it being on steam, however anyone who actually bought it should straight up no jokes kill themselves immediately without delay.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
XBONE comes with a free video game vasectomy

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

awesmoe posted:

I think steam shouldn't have accepted it, however I don't really care and I certainly don't feel strongly about it being on steam, however anyone who actually bought it should straight up no jokes kill themselves immediately without delay.

:yikes:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

awesmoe posted:

I think it's pretty harsh and messed up that you tell me to commit suicide in this, the Something Awful Steam Thread, which has a long reputation of deep bonds of cameraderie between its poster.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

awesmoe posted:

Hey man I've a website you need to visit.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

awesmoe posted:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jamfrost posted:

Metal Gear.
http://youtu.be/FmmQxXPOMMY

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

If you're not into anime tits, Sekai Project has you covered with their upcoming release of Nekopara Vol.1.

SP got the anime game biz on lockdown.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 17, 2014

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

awesmoe posted:

Hey, those people that bought AC: Unity were victims. I mean, did you hear about that post-launch review embargo? :argh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Why would you link this? You're just reminding me of the Steam thread's lost golden age of Manga Maker ComiPo replies.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Freak Futanari posted:

I enjoy anime titties. Do you have a problem with this?

If I'm getting into anime it's all about the pantsu, not so much the torpedo tits. But you know, I've a more refined palate.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sivek posted:

If you're not into anime tits, Sekai Project has you covered with their upcoming release of Nekopara Vol.1.

SP got the anime game biz on lockdown.

I dunno man. I guess i finally know how Australia felt when Steam sold them censored games... feels pretty hosed up!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Gromit posted:

If I'm getting into anime it's all about the pantsu, not so much the torpedo tits. But you know, I've a more refined palate.

Truth be told, I'm more of an anime rear end man when you get to down it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This thread is very hostile lately, for shame.

• Locked thread