Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
How the gently caress do I stop that horrible loving chime sound whenever Dragon Age gives me one of its lovely achievements? I have turned off all sound notifications in Origin, so I don't know what else to do.

It's hilariously annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So I just did that dumb little "watch our trailers" game. Will the weapons just be sent straight to my game now?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So have any spoilers popped up regarding just what happens if you down that concoction in DA1?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Geostomp posted:

So I just did that dumb little "watch our trailers" game. Will the weapons just be sent straight to my game now?

It says they're credited to your origin account, but I have no idea to be honest. Certainly nothing has shown up in my origin library as DLC for the game under Add-ons & Bonuses.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
I cant see my FRAPS FPS counter in this game, even though I disabled the Origin overlay. Any other program I can use for a FPS counter?

Did the first few fights on hard with the mouse and keyboard. Felt good but I think with the actual walking around like in Witcher, it might make sense to use a controller. Going to give it a try.

Load times are insane, I'm going to try putting my little SSD back in to see if that will help. Divity:Original Sin had loopy load times, I couldnt imagine playing that game without the SSD. Guess I answered my own question!

w00tuberjedi
Jul 3, 2007

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

The most uber of the Jedi
Is multiplayer up yet? I'm curious to know if the MP has the same ballerific spark that ME3's MP had...

Thanks for that stream. Is the download size 26 gigs?

w00tuberjedi fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 18, 2014

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

w00tuberjedi posted:

Is multiplayer up yet? I'm curious to know if the MP has the same ballerific spark that ME3's MP had...

http://www.twitch.tv/frenzzzy502

I watched this guy's stream for awhile; it looks pretty okay.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I saw a stream where the guys had an option turned on where if you stayed on a decision for a bit it would describe what would happen so you wouldn't accidentally punch someone. Anyone know how to turn that feature on?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Sounds lame. I want to choose "I disagree" and then have my character say "I'll kill your parents"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Spikeguy posted:

I saw a stream where the guys had an option turned on where if you stayed on a decision for a bit it would describe what would happen so you wouldn't accidentally punch someone. Anyone know how to turn that feature on?

It's automatically on. Just hover over the dialog.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
am I getting warnings about length of time spent ingame because I'm using south korean vpn or is that a new origin thing?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

WastedJoker posted:

am I getting warnings about length of time spent ingame because I'm using south korean vpn or is that a new origin thing?

Are they in English or in Korean? Answer that question and you will answer your own.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

WastedJoker posted:

Could be an origin thing specifically for south korea. I think stuff like that might be government mandated there?

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
Argh, spent 600 to upgrade from 780 to 980 just to play this even though I was waiting for 990 to come out. Stuck at 30 FPS on cinematic which looks like it's trying to play a powerpoint, had to skip cutscenes just to avoid having a headache. The controls are so clunky and you can just tell it was developed only for console, unable to map anything to mouse keys, have to hold mouse clicks or click constantly to do autos attacks, tactical map doesn't actually work.

WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK OR HOLD A BUTTON TO AUTO ATTACK > : (!!! DA:I is the only game is make my wrist hurt like hell. What a disappointment

Your Rain fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 18, 2014

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

That appears to be on by default.

I set it to hard, and actually had some trouble with the first boss fight. So going to kick Cassandra out of the guild if she keeps tanking bosses into the raid. :argh:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Your Rain posted:

WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK OR HOLD A BUTTON TO AUTO ATTACK > : (!!! DA:I is the only game is make my wrist hurt like hell. What a disappointment

The easy fix is to spam your abilties until they're all on cooldown, then switch to another character so your first character starts auto attacking on his own. Then you spam the second character's abilities until you switch to another character, and so forth. Works silky smooth.

This is probably the intended playstyle anyway, since automated tactics are basically nonexistant.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Drifter posted:

It's automatically on. Just hover over the dialog.

I was wondering if that feature was still in there. I didn't see it in any of the streams I watched (which weren't that many to be honest). Thanks.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

The easy fix is to spam your abilties until they're all on cooldown, then switch to another character so your first character starts auto attacking on his own. Then you spam the second character's abilities until you switch to another character, and so forth. Works silky smooth.

This is probably the intended playstyle anyway, since automated tactics are basically nonexistant.

Swap characters and spam that sound stupid as hell. DA:O combat was amazing, DA:2 was kinda clunky but still was ok and even improved the pace of the combat, DA:I combat hurts my wrist and is more or less unplayable for me, I'm going to need some kind mod that does auto attack. Also I'm so used to previous Dragon Age games that I hold mouse buttons to look around, but all I do now is accidentally swing my sword like a big retard wasting tons of time.

I was really excited for this game as well. It's a very disappointing day

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
First draft of Danny DeVito lost, will check back in in like 6 hours

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Archimago posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/frenzzzy502

I watched this guy's stream for awhile; it looks pretty okay.

The MP looks kinda neat, sort of like a hybrid of WoW 5-mans with the faster combat style of ME3. The environments look varied and interesting enough, hopefully there's some randomization for each dungeon. It's cool that you can do things like open up secret doors and chests depending on your class comp.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How is everyone playing right now?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Everybody flew out to Korea for the launch party.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Well that just sounds like the worst poo poo.

I'm totally okay with using a controller instead of KB+M, but if the combat is this clunky and mindless I'm going to really regret that $60 spent.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006

Harrow posted:

Well that just sounds like the worst poo poo.

I'm totally okay with using a controller instead of KB+M, but if the combat is this clunky and mindless I'm going to really regret that $60 spent.

You're regretting 60 dollars,

I spent 600 on a new graphics card cause I was getting a huge loving headache from the low FPS. 780 to 980 isn't even worth a grade. Bad decisions all around

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Are people really complaining about having to click on monsters? Did you all never play Diablo as a child? Lol at the guy who spend 600 dollars on a new GPU though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
So I normally use x360ce for my logitech rumblepad 2 controller for games, except for DA3 it only recognizes like, two buttons from the controller. And If I DONT use the x360 it won't recognize the controller at all...is there a better program to use?

Also, whoever paid $600 for a graphics card. :laugh:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

exquisite tea posted:

Are people really complaining about having to click on monsters? Did you all never play Diablo as a child? Lol at the guy who spend 600 dollars on a new GPU though.

Clicking in Diablo takes you to the monster. Clicking in this causes you get to swing your weapon in place, preventing you from moving closer to the enemy that you just missed.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

People on the official forums are throwing a poo poo fit over the fact that you can't click-to-move on PC, despite that fact having been known for months. Now watch the user ratings plummet due to misinformed entitled idiots :cripes:

Having a lovely, awkward, half-assed control scheme for the PC is not worth less of a ratings ding even if it was known in advance.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FallenGod posted:

Clicking in Diablo takes you to the monster. Clicking in this causes you get to swing your weapon in place, preventing you from moving closer to the enemy that you just missed.

Seems hard to press W while clicking at the same time, but *cracks knuckles* I love a challenge.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Your Rain posted:

Argh, spent 600 to upgrade from 780 to 980 just to play this even though I was waiting for 990 to come out. Stuck at 30 FPS on cinematic which looks like it's trying to play a powerpoint, had to skip cutscenes just to avoid having a headache. The controls are so clunky and you can just tell it was developed only for console, unable to map anything to mouse keys, have to hold mouse clicks or click constantly to do autos attacks, tactical map doesn't actually work.

whyiwillneverplayonpc.txt. Your less-than-premium video card costs more than a console? :psyduck: I mean if you've got the cash, great, but god almighty.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
You can also just hold 'r' to autoattack instead of clicking.

Of course I basically only play mages so maybe its more annoying for melee people, I dunno.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I played Diablo 2, it's not even the same

Paladin you spam hammers in general direction of monsters

Sorceress you basically spam novas in general direction of monsters

Barbarian hold down whirlwind like a dick

Amazon don't even need to aim just spam stupid seeking arrows

etc etc

In Dragon Age you have to run up to them, click a bunch of times where the animation takes like 5 seconds and if they move you're swing your big sword out of range for 5 seconds. It's extremely clunky and unplayable (4me). What happened to the good old auto attack? Why did they have to take it away?

SubponticatePoster posted:

whyiwillneverplayonpc.txt. Your less-than-premium video card costs more than a console? :psyduck: I mean if you've got the cash, great, but god almighty.

What do you mean? 980 is the best video card on the market right now, I didn't want to buy 980 because I was waiting for 990 or 980 TI SLI but I really wanted to get high fps for dragon age cause i was a huge fan of orgins

Your Rain fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 18, 2014

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

My plan was to get Combat Roll as soon as possible, map it to the O button on the PS4 controller, map Shield Wall or whatever block is called to Right Bumper, and play it like Dark Souls.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

exquisite tea posted:

Seems hard to press W while clicking at the same time, but *cracks knuckles* I love a challenge.

It actually feels incredibly clunky in game, but keep on shitposting.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Meis posted:

some of the animations are weird/broken in cutscenes, and she came equipped with rogue armour that instantly gets removed when you enter combat and can't be put back on. She also started with no weapon, but the game seems to put a generic staff in your hands when you have nothing equipped. i also noticed some bugginess with trying to equip different armours on companions making their outfits go weird. Also at the start when you're in chains her right arm was clipping through the metal. It's like it loaded the settings for a human rogue instead of an elf mage, but characters still acknowledge that you are a mage and stuff. really odd.

I'll just note I didn't experience this starting as an elf mage so your results may vary.

KoB
May 1, 2009

FallenGod posted:

It actually feels incredibly clunky in game, but keep on shitposting.

A bioware dev on Neogaf said they have heard the complaints and are talking about it at least.

KoB fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 18, 2014

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

I'll just note I didn't experience this starting as an elf mage so your results may vary.

Had it happen on a human mage.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
e: ^^^ See?! Mages are corrupted!

Your Rain posted:

What do you mea? 980 is the best video card on the market right now, I didn't want to buy 980 because I was waiting for 990 or 980 TI SLI but I really wanted to get high fps for dragon age cause i was a huge fan of orgins
I'm just gobsmacked that a single component costs more than an entire console, extra controllers, and a couple of games. I'm not besmirching your choice, I just realize that dumping that kind of cash for a component that will be outdated in a couple years is nothing I'm ever prepared to do.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Holy returning fan favourite!

HUGE MAJOR SQUEE-YOUR-PANTS-SPOILER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiDc_6ulf2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I don't get my console copy until Thursday, is there a way for console players to play the trailer game for the red lyrium weapons? I want to subliminally drive Varric insane get some kicking rad weapons for free.

I do have an Origins account and poo poo so.

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Holy returning fan favourite!

HUGE MAJOR SQUEE-YOUR-PANTS-SPOILER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiDc_6ulf2k

One, this was already posted, and two, holy poo poo snacks, what did they do to poor Anora's face, why is she spruced up like a Barbie doll? No one needs that much blush.

• Locked thread