Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
This poo poo's gonna be so much fun to watch once FIFA decides that the next logical step is to start ordering hits on people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The report will never be released as it would spell the end of the FIFA gravy train and they would not have that. At best you can hope for a heavily doctored version.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dravs posted:

The report will never be released as it would spell the end of the FIFA gravy train and they would not have that. At best you can hope for a heavily doctored version.

The best we can hope for is that Germany and England take their ball and go home, declare everything south of the pyrenees to be Africa and form their own corrupt little anglo-viking footballing utopia.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Dravs posted:

Garcia would still have the original he submitted. If FIFA allows the full report to be shown, it might as well be his version? If they release a doctored version he will definently say something, and FIFA will look even worse(if that's possible)

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
When you think about it this all goes back to 1994. An objectively terrible World Cup that nevertheless made them a shitload of money. Now the birthplace of football itself isn't a big enough cash cow for them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

1994 was the best World Cup

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Was England not able to afford bribes after spending so much on bribes for their sham olympics that already have been forgotten?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
It's amazing how much of a fortress FIFA is. You'd think someone in their camp would be able to leak documents semi-anonymously. I doubt they are spending all their money on cyber-security. But I guess there are lucrative salaries/contacts at stake so no one has the balls to be a whistleblower.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Barry Shitpeas posted:

When you think about it this all goes back to 1994. An objectively terrible World Cup that nevertheless made them a shitload of money. Now the birthplace of football itself isn't a big enough cash cow for them.

If we're talking about money for FIFA the organization the United States was and is the obvious choice. Most of the money the org makes is through ticket sales and concessions.

Now as for the Exco making the most money, Qatar is our answer there.

Mind, this assumes that potential profit is the only criteria used.

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 18, 2014

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

1994 was the best World Cup

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
nm

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bea Nanner posted:

It's amazing how much of a fortress FIFA is. You'd think someone in their camp would be able to leak documents semi-anonymously. I doubt they are spending all their money on cyber-security. But I guess there are lucrative salaries/contacts at stake so no one has the balls to be a whistleblower.

I'd be very surprised if the report has ever been on a computer that has internet access. An organization as wealthy as FIFA knows that a little investment in cyber-security now (especially in the age of the NSA and Russian hackers stealing like a million credit card numbers a week) is worth a lot when the report doesn't get stolen and leaked, and their sponsors don't desert en masse.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

vyelkin posted:

I'd be very surprised if the report has ever been on a computer that has internet access. An organization as wealthy as FIFA knows that a little investment in cyber-security now (especially in the age of the NSA and Russian hackers stealing like a million credit card numbers a week) is worth a lot when the report doesn't get stolen and leaked, and their sponsors don't desert en masse.

At the same time, I'd be very surprised if it hasn't been on a computer with internet. That poo poo is everywhere these days!

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
What's stopping Garcia from just dumpling it to a journo?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

They would know it was him and he'd end up with a price on his head?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Dirk Pitt posted:

The fact that he'd be sued for all the money.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Dirk Pitt posted:

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
I just laugh when I see that video. Pathetic. Wish I could be there to laugh out loud

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dirk Pitt posted:

His professional reputation and the law.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

tbp posted:

Can someone make a bullet point list of the funniest things that have come from this entire sham of an organization and then we can add to it over time so i can lol at reading it when i want to

• Sepp Blatter falls down

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

His professional reputation and the law.

His reputation is not exactly being helped by the current situation tbf

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

His reputation is not exactly being helped by the current situation tbf

He's already distanced himself from the released document. General opinion seems to be that his work was suitably damning but is being covered up by FIFA bigwigs.

Whether that's accurate or not we may not find out.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

The Mash posted:

• Sepp Blatter falls down

One more for the road

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Qatar's really going to have to speed up that slave labor train. They've just been chosen to host the 2019 World Athletics Championships. The selection committee chose Qatar over Barcelona.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Crazy Ted posted:

Qatar's really going to have to speed up that slave labor train. They've just been chosen to host the 2019 World Athletics Championships. The selection committee chose Qatar over Barcelona.

Plot twist: FIFA did all the bribing in that instance to make their Qatar choice look more normal

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Next up: Qatar gets the 2024 Summer Olympics as the only bidder.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Cheeky bid for the winter olympics.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

serious gaylord posted:

Cheeky bid for the winter olympics.

This would be incredible.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

gently caress me

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
"BREAKING: World soccer governing body FIFA lodges criminal complaint over 2018 and 2022 World Cup hosting rights."

This came through on my Twitter feed but I have no idea what FIFA has to file a criminal complaint about?

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Shitshow posted:

"BREAKING: World soccer governing body FIFA lodges criminal complaint over 2018 and 2022 World Cup hosting rights."

This came through on my Twitter feed but I have no idea what FIFA has to file a criminal complaint about?

So they went from "only the English bid was corrupt" to filing international criminal charges in a matter of days? What an utter farce.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shitshow posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/feedarticle/11647935

Very little information so far

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
ello ello ello

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Welcome to the clown car. Sepp Blatter will be your driver.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

blue footed boobie posted:

FIFA have shown that they couldn't be bothered to care about bad press. The big question is whether the full report will get released, and if criminal investigations will follow. Even then, there's a good chance that FIFA will hang a couple mid level officials out to dry (and probably give them a big pay off), and wait for the whole thing to blow over.

It's happening, but they made their move without releasing the report. Clever girls.

E: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2476219/index.html

They're giving the Garcia report to Swiss authorities.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

They're giving the Garcia report to Swiss authorities.
So the Swiss authorities get to see it. That's a good one.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
They're actually arresting Greg Dyke

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
One or two people will take a hit (Like Warner and Bin Hammam did), but it'll still be swept under the carpet unless UEFA and individual FAs continue to lobby.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hahahah they've done this as now the report can't be released as its evidence. Watch now as the swiss police prosecute the english and australian FA's and no-one else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This is how FIFA dies, isn't it? Seriously, UEFA countries ask FIFA to release the report and they respond by turning it over to Swiss authorities so it's state's evidence and can no longer legally be given out.