Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Why are they bringing back frieza? Cell's the one who needs a re-do for his final battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That's next movie.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I hope the movie is even longer than Goku and Frieza's battle on Namek. :shepface:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope Freeza is a complete joke and gets chomped by everyone.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Kild posted:

Shenlong: Your wish has been granted.
Text: The worst wish in history. Now, despair begins.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope that Freeza does get his wish for immortality, only to realize that immortality does not make you strong and spends the whole movie getting his rear end kicked by everyone until Goku gets bored and teleports him to the middle of the Sun.

MastG
May 25, 2014

Rhonne posted:

I hope that Freeza does get his wish for immortality, only to realize that immortality does not make you strong and spends the whole movie getting his rear end kicked by everyone until Goku gets bored and teleports him to the middle of the Sun.

I like the concept of him realizing, in the middle of a dropkick, that immortal =/= invincible.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
turns out frieza never trained in his life and now he's going to have a training montage and become 1000% stronger

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Zzulu posted:

turns out frieza never trained in his life and now he's going to have a training montage and become 1000% stronger

I would genuinely pay very good money to see that :allears: Give him his own training song as well.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Brony Hunter posted:

I would genuinely pay very good money to see that :allears: Give him his own training song as well.

He already has 2 theme songs he can use for that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I hope the movie is even longer than Goku and Frieza's battle on Namek. :shepface:

I'm sure it'll be longer than 5 minutes

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Important question left unanswered: who the gently caress would resurrect Frieza?

Even discounting his lack of power, he's a giant rear end in a top hat and everyone who would actually want him around for anything more than a punching bag is also dead.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Zzulu posted:

After getting the poo poo kicked out of him, Frieza sets out on a mission to gain every single bullshit power-up he can. He revives Babadi so that he can get the Majin power up; he studies robotics and Gero's research extensively and transforms himself into a cyborg like #17 and #18; he travels to the Otherworld so that he can get the Mystic power up; he steals the potara earrings, creates a time machine, travels back in time, and fuses with himself,

The entire film covers about ten years. At last, Majin Mecha Mystic FreFreeza attacks and is promptly beaten by a fully trained Uub.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
That said there's like a 100% chance this is going to end with him getting reformed (or middle with him getting reformed and have a Frieza/Goku team-up against some other villain) so they can make sense of Frieza Clan being playable in pretty much every recent DB game that lets you make a character.

e: I'm actually super loving down for Goku and Frieza teaming up, now that I think about it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nostalgia resurrects freiza. It's been a while so to his followers his rear end in a top hat-ness probably faded.

Maybe they wish that the Saiyans can't go super Saiyan anymore?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bowmore posted:

Nostalgia resurrects freiza. It's been a while so to his followers his rear end in a top hat-ness probably faded.

Maybe they wish that the Saiyans can't go super Saiyan anymore?

Shenron can't alter the nature of another being. Otherwise they would have made android 18 human again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Important question left unanswered: who the gently caress would resurrect Frieza?

It was mentioned that he's being revived by a few people who are remnants of the Planet Trade Organization.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Aba and Cado will be in this film.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
They need to revive the Ginyu Force as well :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Brony Hunter posted:

They need to revive the Ginyu Force as well :allears:

Ginyu steals Mystic Gohan's body, rules the universe.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ginyu steals Mystic Gohan's body, rules the universe.

Not even Gohan knows how to properly use Gohan's power 95% of the time. Why would Ginyu be able to?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Freiza brushes the dust off his newly revived body, asks his minions why they revived him.

"To take over the universe again sire! The empire's gone to hell without you!"
".... You know what, minion 48624? Being dead as long as i have gives you time to think, to recap on ones life, to realise where one might have gone astray. I'm done with ruling and all the work that goes with it. Think ill take up basket weaving."
"But... but sir!"
"Basket Weaving!"

Read Freiza's lines in the DBZA first form voice for the intended effect. :allears:

And then Freiza and his surviving henchmen pair runs afoul of Krillin in the arts & crafts store, wacky hijinks follow!

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Yeah, the more I think about it the more likely it seems that they're pulling a bait-and-switch. Maybe not a bad one, Good Frieza would be hilariously awesome (especially if he was powered up to at least be on, like, Piccolo's level), but it seems odd to have him be a serious threat to the protagonists again after being completely chumped the second time around.

e: I can totally picture him waking up, realizing his empire no longer exists except for a few random assholes and arguably Vegeta, and just being like "you know what, gently caress it" and becoming one of the Kame House crew.

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 18, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SALT CURES HAM posted:

but it seems odd to have him be a serious threat to the protagonists again after being completely chumped the second time around.

Well, it's a lot more than two if you count filler.

Pikkon (DBZ), Saiyaman (Janemba film), Vegeta (Hatchiyak film), and Goku again (DBGT) have all made Frieza look stupid.

And that's not even counting things like the Supreme Kai saying he could've beaten Frieza effortlessly if he wanted to. Let alone Beerus.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Good Freeza would be awful, you guys. He's an irredeemable rear end in a top hat. Even Cell had a sense of sportsmanship and he was a creepy monster that ate people.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Freeza comes back, gets schooled by the D-Listers of the team fulfilling the comedy promise, then pulls a powerup out of his rear end and becomes an actual threat.

Did we all forget we're watching Dragonball?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Esroc posted:

Freeza comes back, gets schooled by the D-Listers of the team fulfilling the comedy promise, then pulls a powerup out of his rear end and becomes an actual threat.

Did we all forget we're watching Dragonball?

Yeah, this was pretty much what I was figuring would happen. Frieza thinks he's still relevant, everyone's like "lol Freeza plz" and take him to school, then he happens to... I dunno, wish to become a God of Destruction or something and has a legitimate fight scene with Goku.

Maybe Vegeta, too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Good Freeza would be awful, you guys. He's an irredeemable rear end in a top hat. Even Cell had a sense of sportsmanship and he was a creepy monster that ate people.

Yeah. He's fun precisely because he's civilized, unfailingly polite, and takes great joy in pulling your spine out through your mouth.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, this was pretty much what I was figuring would happen. Frieza thinks he's still relevant, everyone's like "lol Freeza plz" and take him to school, then he happens to... I dunno, wish to become a God of Destruction or something and has a legitimate fight scene with Goku.

Maybe Vegeta, too.

Goku asks Whis to train Freeza so they can have a real fight.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Just have Tien fight Frieza so this three eyed cowboyhe can get one last ride moment of glory before frieza inevitably gets god powers or whatever.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Yeah, the more I think about it the more likely it seems that they're pulling a bait-and-switch. Maybe not a bad one, Good Frieza would be hilariously awesome (especially if he was powered up to at least be on, like, Piccolo's level), but it seems odd to have him be a serious threat to the protagonists again after being completely chumped the second time around.

e: I can totally picture him waking up, realizing his empire no longer exists except for a few random assholes and arguably Vegeta, and just being like "you know what, gently caress it" and becoming one of the Kame House crew.

I want a movie about Frieza being the universe's worst roommate.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Well Manicured Man posted:

I want a movie about Frieza being the universe's worst roommate.

DBZ/Saint Young Men crossover?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Goku asks Whis to train Freeza so they can have a real fight.

He'll get energy from 5 pure-hearted Freeza clan and become Super Freeza God.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Shenron can't alter the nature of another being. Otherwise they would have made android 18 human again.

I thought they did, and that's how they had a kid?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

setafd posted:

She's a cyborg, not an android. She was human to begin with, Gero just made some...improvements.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

setafd posted:

He removed the bomb inside her, also she's organic with cyborg parts to enhance her. She's not an android.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

setafd posted:

wow check your privilege organic scum

Caros
May 14, 2008

Tae posted:

He removed the bomb inside her, also she's organic with cyborg parts to enhance her. She's not an android.

Ima just keep calling them androids.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Caros posted:

Ima just keep calling them androids.

Pardon the cliche, but good for you you're wrong.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

I mean, he'd basically be in the same position Vegeta was in the Frieza Saga. It'd just probably be funnier because Toriyama got his humor gland fixed between the end of Z and Battle of Gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It was a build up for a new form of Goku's that ultimately lost. If I wanted that, I could just watch SSJ3 be ineffectual in the Majin Buu Arc.

Not to mention the rest of the cast proving that they only exist to get slapped around by whatever new enemy shows up.

He kept it. Once you do it once, your body realizes what god ki is and can now access it.

• Locked thread