Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, someone changed my avatar to this randomly.

I'm not sure if I like it more or less than the Stupid Newbie one I used to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I admit I had to read Stone Ocean in color to understand what the gently caress was going on

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, someone changed my avatar to this randomly.

I'm not sure if I like it more or less than the Stupid Newbie one I used to have.

I actually prefer the Stupid Newbie one myself. This one makes all my own posts read as vaguely sinister to me.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Maybe I'm just bad at reading mangas, but sometimes I just skim actions scenes I don't quite get. and wait for Speedwagon or those who fill his role later to explain to me what just happened.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Please don't make fun of FF, I really like her and you're making me upset :saddowns:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Pomp posted:

Please don't make fun of FF, I really like her and you're making me upset :saddowns:

F.F is cute and she's just drinking a Big Gulp in some scenes and that's pretty cute. F.F is good.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Moltrey posted:

F.F is cute and she's just drinking a Big Gulp in some scenes and that's pretty cute. F.F is good.
Obviously she is the most 『kawaii』 of all plankton.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

F.F. is the best and better appear at the end of the anime version of Stone Ocean with everyone.

That or Irene has a bunch of plankton in a jar she cares for as pets or something. :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It was always funny to me that FF just took over one of the other corpses and just left it at that, nobody seemed to care much that she killed a girl and took her place

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Dude, the girl she took over only ever wiped her rear end with three squares of toilet paper. She deserved to die.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So what if her stand ability 「White Stripes」 only gave her the ability to achieve the mythical 「One Wipe」, it doesn't mean Atroe deserved to die

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Being an unrepentant sociopath is basically a requirement to be a stand user. Even in Part 4 all of Josuke's buddies and acquaintances tried to kill him or Koichi before befriending them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just thought it was funny that Jolyne and Hermes accepted FF taking over Atroe so easily lol

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Being an unrepentant sociopath is basically a requirement to be a stand user. Even in Part 4 all of Josuke's buddies and acquaintances tried to kill him or Koichi before befriending them.

I like how Koichi falls in love with that girl who literally was just shy of reenacting events from "Murder She Wrote" and "Misery".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

F.F. is the best and better appear at the end of the anime version of Stone Ocean with everyone.

That or Irene has a bunch of plankton in a jar she cares for as pets or something. :colbert:

Her Dad is still probably a marine biologist or something, so I think this is probably true.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't know why, but the idea of Iotaro (or whatever his name would be) being an aloof and distant dad who Irene is irritated with for not spending much time with her suddenly sending her jar full of plankton named G.G. (or whatever her name would be) from his last trip as a gift that she takes everywhere because it means so much to her is just the most :3: thing ever.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Butt Ghost posted:

Dude, the girl she took over only ever wiped her rear end with three squares of toilet paper. She deserved to die.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Any particular reason they named the first chapter of Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe "Episode 16?"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Possibly (probably?) fake, but I stumbled onto this today. Thoughts?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's time for Stroheim. :getin:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Butt Ghost posted:

Any particular reason they named the first chapter of Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe "Episode 16?"

Araki wanted to do an extremely tenuous Star Wars reference/has an elaborate internal chronology that will culminate with a Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe on Made In Heaven.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CodfishCartographer posted:

That's incredibly fake.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

「GOOD!」

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
We would have heard about it by now if it was real and also big. It's probably fake, and if it's not fake I can't imagine it being anything more than an expansion for ASB 1.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I have almost no doubts that's fake, but I just want Speedwagon in ASB so I can play as the best JoJo character.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

quote:

Original Name JoJo的奇幻冒險All-Star Battle 2 (日文版)

just screams "Chinese bootleg" to me, no matter what it has listed in the audio/subtitle language.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

melodicwaffle posted:

just screams "Chinese bootleg" to me, no matter what it has listed in the audio/subtitle language.

It'll probably be a better game then.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Are Chinese bootleg PS3 games even a thing?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Effectronica posted:

Araki wanted to do an extremely tenuous Star Wars reference/has an elaborate internal chronology that will culminate with a Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe on Made In Heaven.
I am very okay with this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not necessarily fake.
Play Asia is a legit website, March is a place holder date just before the next fiscal year.
I'd never say confirmed either, but it's possible that they've had notification that it's going to be announced, threw a place-holder page up for it and didn't make it inaccessible. A lack of info, or bad info, is common on these placeholders too.

TL;DR It means literally nothing either for or against the prospect of ASB2.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Potential JoJolion 37 spoilers from the source from last month's correct ones.

http://araki100p.web.fc2.com/jojolion037.html
45 pages this month.

Jobin's stand name and power may be confirmed, and a winner of Beetle Tendency round 2 should be declared

Apologies for the double post, but this is actual relevant content to some people who may be interested.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I'll play the shittiest Chinese bootleg in the world if i can be Diego

Edit: Also, can someone please explain to me what Gold Experience Requiem even does? It....traps you in an infinite loop of deaths in alternate universe? Seems pretty brutal. Better than Silver Chariot Requiem's "walk around, putting people to sleep, and also mutating them but only for like 2 pages before that idea is immediately forgotten?"

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 19, 2014

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Edit: Also, can someone please explain to me what Gold Experience Requiem even does? It....traps you in an infinite loop of deaths in alternate universe? Seems pretty brutal. Better than Silver Chariot Requiem's "walk around, putting people to sleep, and also mutating them but only for like 2 pages before that idea is immediately forgotten?"

It is a deus ex machina in punch ghost form basically. :angel:

To be more serious, it supposedly negates all abilities and attacks against Giorno - since Crimson King's ability involves reaching the desired result via erasing the intervening time, Gold Experience Requiem just turns that ability around such that Diavolo can never reach the actual death but instead gets stuck infinitely in the process of dying. And yes, it is indeed brutal.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

GER notices that you're doing something that Giorno doesn't want you to do, then GER goes "nope, didn't happen", and it didn't.

This includes stuff like even thinking of attacking Giorno, which is why Diavolo stood and did nothing like a slack-jawed moron until he got punched to infinideath. So the really broken thing about GER isn't that it nullifies your attacks, it's that it nullifies them before you can even start thinking about attacking.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It's like when you're a kid and making up superheroes to fight your friends' made up superheroes with, and you guys keep making up powers to keep outdoing each others' powers.

GER is when the guy said, "my guy's power is to undo whatever your guy does before he even does it."

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The easiest way to understand it is it's a stand with the power to gently caress with causality, so in the case of Diavolo, it kept the cause of death, him getting murdered, but not the effect of him dying, so the cause echoes forever without resolution. It's sort of a mirror opposite to King Crimson, which by deleting time, can be said to remove the cause, but keep the result, though the comparison is not a perfect 1:1 match.

I assume the terrible translation is a factor in GER and KC not making a lot of sense, so please look forward to the 2019 anime of Vento Aureo to clear everything up.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Aurain posted:

Potential JoJolion 37 spoilers from the source from last month's correct ones.

Jobin's stand name and power may be confirmed, and a winner of Beetle Tendency round 2 should be declared

So Jobin's stand can control temperature? I guess his stand can transfer the heat of things which would continue the theme of stands that steal things. I couldn't figure out what the spoilers says for the name, google translate mucked up a lot of it.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
As long as it isn't retarded like Sky High somehow causing cancer by making parts of your body colder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I loved that. All the best Stands leverage a weak power with pseudoscience to punch above their weight class. That's why Survivor is so dangerous despite being the weakest of all Stands.

Don't even get me started on all the awesome poo poo Spin can do.

• Locked thread