Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
The end of TWOW will consist of Bran going back in time, preventing Roberts Rebellion from happening and ending the series so that grrm doesnt have to write ADOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

PostNouveau posted:

Bran time travels to past, kills Jaime before he can push him off the tower.

I've seen a theory that Bran warged into Jamie to make him push himself out the window so he would go into the coma and have his power awakened.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
That is quite possibly the stupidest theory I've ever heard.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Bran travels back and strangles himself inside Catelyns womb with his umbilical cord.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Bran goes back in time and turns twin pines mall into one pine mall.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
soldier pine mall :colbert:

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
Bran travels back in time to the present, because ASOIAF actually takes place in future Earth somehow. (This is not explained.)

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Bran goes back in time and gives Littlefinger a sports almanac.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Mortabis posted:

Bran goes back in time and gives Littlefinger a sports almanac.

'Grayjoys Sports Almanac'

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
"Tell me, future boy, who's Hand of the King in 299 AC?"
"Tyrion Lannister."
"Tyrion Lannister?! The dwarf?! I suppose Moon Boy is Master of Coin?"

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

He could be, for all I know

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
He then tells Bran to "make like a tree and get outta here."

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Hey Tyrion, it's your cousin, Lancel. Lancel Lannister! You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this! *Bard sings Rains of Castamere*

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

DirtyRobot posted:

Bran travels back in time to the present, because ASOIAF actually takes place in future Earth somehow. (This is not explained.)

I have a crackpot theory that ASOIAF takes place in the Haviland Tuf universe, on a planet with some kind of time distortion field over it which made time move at different speeds in different places and which explains why the lunar phases are always wrong. Tuf is seeding the planet repeatedly from Ark for some unknown reason, which explains why the planet has a bunch of Earth-based life that appears to have diverged significantly evolutionarily (e.g. the Ibbenese who trade regularly with other people but have somehow speciated from the "normal" humans). Varys is actually Haviland Tuf in disguise, he left his genitalia back on the spaceship to avoid genital torture. The black cat with the torn ear and Ser Pounce are his agents.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I have a crackpot theory that ASOIAF takes place in the Haviland Tuf universe, on a planet with some kind of time distortion field over it which made time move at different speeds in different places and which explains why the lunar phases are always wrong. Tuf is seeding the planet repeatedly from Ark for some unknown reason, which explains why the planet has a bunch of Earth-based life that appears to have diverged significantly evolutionarily (e.g. the Ibbenese who trade regularly with other people but have somehow speciated from the "normal" humans). Varys is actually Haviland Tuf in disguise, he left his genitalia back on the spaceship to avoid genital torture. The black cat with the torn ear and Ser Pounce are his agents.

What's your blog? I want to read more.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Brock Samson posted:

Hey Tyrion, it's your cousin, Lancel. Lancel Lannister! You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this! *Bard sings Rains of Castamere*

died laughing at this.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Kevyn posted:

"Tell me, future boy, who's Hand of the King in 299 AC?"
"Tyrion Lannister."
"Tyrion Lannister?! The dwarf?! I suppose Moon Boy is Master of Coin?"

This one is much better.

I think we've found a new project for The Bad Thread.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Tywin: What is this, Tyrion? First you're my son; now you turn full circle on me!
Tyrion: Half circle, you humourless boor - half circle! If I did a full circle, I'd go completely around and end up back where I started.
Tywin: What?
Tyrion: Trust me.
[fires crossbow]

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This thread's time-travel-movie-joke balance is weighted way too much in favor of Back To The Future and not enough in favor of Bill & Ted :colbert:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

loquacius posted:

This thread's time-travel-movie-joke balance is weighted way too much in favor of Back To The Future and not enough in favor of Bill & Ted :colbert:

Brienne: Whoa Catelyn, youre alive?!

Lady Stoneheart: *inaudible sound

*they hug

Both: Fag!

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Illyrio: It is indeed a pleasure to introduce to you a gentleman we picked up in the Dothraki Sea

Viserys: Please welcome, the very excellent barbarian...

Both: ...MR. KHAL DROGO

[wild applause. Except Dany.]

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
So does this mean Hodor is actually the result of two smaller Hodor's fusing together? HODOR!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

Illyrio: It is indeed a pleasure to introduce to you a gentleman we picked up in the Dothraki Sea

Viserys: Please welcome, the very excellent barbarian...

Both: ...MR. KHAL DROGO

[wild applause. Except Dany.]

[Stannis is outlining his plan for taking King's Landing on a map with pieces to represent armies and ships]
Davos: I don't think it's gonna work.
Stannis: Non? [He knocks over the map and miniature armies go flying] TRIOMPHE BARATHEON!

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Scene: The morning before the royal wedding between Margary of house Tyrell and King Joffrey Baratheon
[Maester Pycelle enters to deliver a letter to young Tommen]
Pycelle: A raven arrived from Dragonstone this morning from your uncle, the traitor, Stannis Baratheon.
Tommen: What does it say?
Pycelle: It says "I can't believe Margy was widowed by my brother and is now marrying yours"
Tommen:...Bummer dude.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Renly Baratheon: You are entering the territory of King Renly, First of his name, and this is my Rainbow guard.
Catelyn Stark: Faygeles?
[clears their throats, trying to act macho]
Renly : No, no. We're straight. Just... colorful.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

E: nvm I don;t understand split infinitives.

Strom Cuzewon fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 17, 2014

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
The front page of Reddit recently featured a Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) AMA if any of you are interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2mkvj9/i_am_actress_natalie_dormer_ama/

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

GRRM did an interview recently where he talked about the wolf sanctuary thing and confirmed Nymeria's giant wolfpack is going to play a part in events.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

TOOT BOOT posted:

GRRM did an interview recently where he talked about the wolf sanctuary thing and confirmed Nymeria's giant wolfpack is going to play a part in events.

Yeeeeesssssssssss.

Calling it now: Wolfpack's going to sack the Twins.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

http://mashable.com/2014/11/16/george-rr-martin-charity-event/

"You know, I don't like to give things away." says Martin, a grin spreading across his face. "But you don't hang a giant wolf pack on the wall unless you intend to use it."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yes Martin, but what about the Krakens?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Of course the quote that stood out to me was "I'm still in the middle of the book, so it'll be some time before I write the scenes in which they die."

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Maester, you don't just walk into a store and- and buy plutonium. Did you rip them off?

Of course. From a group of Dornish nationalists. They wanted me to make them wildfire.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

lifts cats over head posted:

Of course the quote that stood out to me was "I'm still in the middle of the book, so it'll be some time before I write the scenes in which they die."

He did write the Red Wedding chapter last.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Frostwerks posted:

Maester, you don't just walk into a store and- and buy plutonium. Did you rip them off?

Of course. From a group of Dornish nationalists. They wanted me to make them wildfire.

That's about as funny as a screen door on the Sea Bitch.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Frostwerks posted:

The Twins will become the Singleton when Bran comes back from the past. Turns out that he stopped Petyr's rape of Cat in the carriage, and made sure that Brandon Stark beat the poo poo out of him. Plays 'Rains of Castamere' on an electric lute: "I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Jaime would have no problem with ancestors coming on to him.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Kevyn posted:

That's about as funny as a screen door on the Sea Bitch.

Whoa! Now I'm... your sea bitch

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The North Tower posted:

The Twins will become the Singleton when Bran comes back from the past. Turns out that he stopped Petyr's rape of Cat in the carriage, and made sure that Brandon Stark beat the poo poo out of him. Plays 'Rains of Castamere' on an electric lute: "I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it."

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here (until season 6)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Lycus posted:

Jaime would have no problem with ancestors coming on to him.

Yeah, if GRRM wrote BTTF Calvin Klein would have totally banged his Mom. They also would have had lemon cakes or something.

• Locked thread