Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Gate has it's redeeming qualities though and you can easily enjoy it if you're not sensitive to Japanese nationalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

KaneTW posted:

Gate has it's redeeming qualities though and you can easily enjoy it if you're not sensitive to Japanese nationalism.

Mahouka. Guilty Crown.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

KaneTW posted:

Not even the worst posts on this forum compare to the steaming pile of refuse the Tokyo Ghoul anime is.
I was implying that his taste in anime is terrible.
I know from experience, it appears I watch most of the stuff he does

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Mahouka. Guilty Crown.

Ok, you win, GC is definitely worse than TG.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

So he just needs to find the threads you post in to find what he's after?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Mahouka was far worse than TG too. The thread was the only good thing about the show, and that's mainly because one person was single-handedly (and quite badly) trying to stand up for the over-the-top nationalism and the terrible Gary Stu MC whose sole emotion is literally platonic love for his sister.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

still reeling over the sick burn by forums poster HiveCommander, the guy who watches SAO, mahouka, and fate/stay night, telling me that i have poo poo anime taste

----------------

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

----------------

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

insulting the anime someone watches is very dumb imo, as we should all strive to watch all anime

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

insulting the anime someone watches is very dumb imo, as we should all strive to watch all anime

How's Cross Ange going, bud?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Me standing up in front of the whole anime club: The movie I brought for us this week is called "Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro"

*HiveCommander sitting in the back dressed as Kirito and his boys begins to boo, hoot, and holler*

Me: Umm it's from 1979 and it is the directorial debut of Hayao Miyazaki please enjoy.

*HiveCommader still dressed a Kirito gets up halfway through the movie and shuts it off.*

HiveCommader: That movie was poo poo. I brought the newest episode of UBW to watch

*the whole club erupts in great cheer*

Me:

----------------

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

still reeling over the sick burn by forums poster HiveCommander, the guy who watches SAO, mahouka, and fate/stay night, telling me that i have poo poo anime taste

HiveCommander posted:

I was implying that his taste in anime is terrible.
I know from experience, it appears I watch most of the stuff he does

:thejoke:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I was talking about the manga sequel. Use your head. Why did you think I said that kaneki was alive? Because he supposedly died in the rushed manga ending. What would that have to do with the anime?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I was talking about the manga sequel. Use your head. Why did you think I said that kaneki was alive? Because he supposedly died in the rushed manga ending. What would that have to do with the anime?

I assumed it was about the anime since this is a thread for an anime season.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Is there any reason to give a gently caress about the sequel to a manga that went to complete dogshit after like 30-40 chapters? That's cool the MC is still alive but that just kinda proves the writing hasn't improved at all.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
^ This basically.

Tokyo Ghoul pretty much wastes its premise.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only thing I've seen from Tokyo Ghoul are some cool .webm fights. I'll be totally fine with the second season if they did more cool fights that I can see chunks of, because lol if I have time to watch another poo poo series with all the good things that are coming next season.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darth Walrus posted:

How's Cross Ange going, bud?

Turns out it's actually a magical girl show :

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Homura hasn't been doing so well.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Compendium posted:

Homura hasn't been doing so well.

That looks suspiciously like Madoka's dress. I mean, I don't want to draw the obvious conclusions from that, but...

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
nm

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

That looks suspiciously like Madoka's dress. I mean, I don't want to draw the obvious conclusions from that, but...

It looks way more like Shiny Luminous to me.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

WitchFetish posted:

Kept waiting for her to puke up blood and die.

Left disappointed.

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

That looks suspiciously like Madoka's dress.

Her wand reminds me of this:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

KaneTW posted:

Sure, if you enjoy girls that look 15 but are secretly 969.

I do not.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Srice posted:

To be honest my eyes do kinda glaze over the descriptions, but imo looking at who's directing and/or writing an anime is a much better metric than premise ever is.

I just look at the pictures next to the paragraphs myself. If I hate the art style there's 90% chance I'll hate the show too.

Following:
Aldonaoh Zero S2
Drrr! S2
Kamisama Hajimemashita S2

Maybe:
Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!

I want to say I'm going to watch P-P movie too but that's a while off overseas.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

It was To Love-Ru with the introduction of Kira Tusk.
I get the feeling Sunrise is starting to feel the burn right about now.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
can we please take the discussion to the cross ange thread?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Srice posted:

The poster for season 2 has already given one answer so it's probably something you'll find out in the first episode The princess survived but is in a wheelchair now

Can we just call her Nunnally then? :circlefap:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

a kitten posted:

quote:

Some time ago, the asteroid Kumaria exploded in the depths of space.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phobophilia posted:

can we please take the discussion to the cross ange thread?

I'd create one, but I'm pretty sure I'd get insta-banned.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

John Carstairs posted:

I still assume it's some sort of sci-fi show about invading a moon.

I ignored it for months because I thought it was a space opera thing and I wasn't in the mood for sci-fi.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I think Tokyo Ghoul totally merits a thread. It's not great, but the worst things I can really say about it are that it's sillier than it thinks it is and plays out closer to a fightmans shonen than it probably should.

WitchFetish posted:

...is this real? What the hell is this loving show? It's like the Silent Hill version of Twintail or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If you think it needs a thread then make a drat thread. No one cares enough about the anime or the manga of tokyo ghoul to ever bother trolling it.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Okay, let me rephrase: I think it merits a thread, but I don't want to make it because I'm bad at OPs.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
Parasyte is like Tokyo Ghoul, except actually good. Everyone should watch that instead.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

What the hell is this loving show?

I'm honestly not sure even the guys at Sunrise making the drat thing could tell you at this point.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Tokyo Ghoul ep1 and ep12 were the only ones worth a drat. 2-11 were a total disappointment.

The director has alot of talent when they're on the ball.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Redcrimson posted:

Parasyte is like Tokyo Ghoul, except actually good. Everyone should watch that instead.

I... can't actually argue with this. I was going to say that they're not that comparable but the biggest differences between the two are aesthetic.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm not seeing anything in the winter charts that I like yet. I just discovered Chaika though, so I'll probably marathon through that next season.

Also, Inou Battle has a story all of a sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WitchFetish posted:

I'd create one, but I'm pretty sure I'd get insta-banned.

Let this guy make his thread.

• Locked thread