Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Mr. Crow posted:

Tired of Morrowind already Goku :confused:

Welcome! :tipshat:

No I still play it. I killed sugar lips and now my game is ruined so I do whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

A Jupiter posted:

This is such a cozy game to play now that winter is coming in.

That's my favourite house mod right now. Very cozy indeed.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Cheap Shot posted:

That's my favourite house mod right now. Very cozy indeed.

What is it? I wasn't going to add a house mod, but hot tub may have convinced me. :v:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Riverside Lodge iirc. Should be linked in the OP (which I sti haven't updated :suicide:)

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Riverside Lodge is definitely the best housing mod, in my opinion. It's small without feeling cramped, it's got a lot of stuff without feeling busy or cluttered, it's got auto-sorting, and the smithing room has actual ventilation so you don't die of smoke inhalation. :v:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I hate Farengar. Is there a mod that lets me impale him up his anus?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Do you have a LoversLab account?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

That depends if you want to impregnate him or not.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
The Secret Fire is his advanced case of syphilis, so be sure to sheepskin up.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

I'm trying to optimize skyproc since people report it running out of memory but I don't have a huge mod setup to test it against. Is anyone with a 240ish mod setup willing to zip up the esm/esps along with your plugins.txt and send them to me?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

No I still play it. I killed sugar lips and now my game is ruined so I do whatever.

I see we play these games the same way. Last time I played skyrim I made all the civil war related NPCs non-essential and murdered them all. I'm contemplating hiking up to kill the greybeards later and setting their temple as my "home" for my followers. It'll be a pretty rocking pad.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I keep seeing various mods mention things to support more followers, like some say up to 15 or something? Is there a good reason to do this, like is having a whole adventuring crew of bethesda NPCs fun or is it more annoying than anything else?

I mean I guess there's carrying capacity but I'd just as soon use a horse + enchanted backpack rather than have a whole posse

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I find it more annoying than fun since followers aren't that dynamic even with Extended Follower Framework (which allows up to 99, I think?), but there is something to be said for having a mob murder anything that looks at you funny, I suppose.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
It helps out in the early game when you're going to be one-shot killed but once I got to level 20ish I just use a healer and Inigo. It'd be an odd game experience if I got rid of Inigo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking to place bookshelves with Ultimate Bookshelves. Is there a way or am I out of luck?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

FutonForensic posted:

Do you have a LoversLab account?

Mr. Crow posted:

That depends if you want to impregnate him or not.

Tell me more.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I keep seeing various mods mention things to support more followers, like some say up to 15 or something? Is there a good reason to do this, like is having a whole adventuring crew of bethesda NPCs fun or is it more annoying than anything else?

I mean I guess there's carrying capacity but I'd just as soon use a horse + enchanted backpack rather than have a whole posse

Load one of the dragon mods, ramp the difficulty up to max, use your posse to fight dragons with a coupla million hit points. It's fun for a awhile.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

The Real Foogla posted:

Load one of the dragon mods, ramp the difficulty up to max, use your posse to fight dragons with a coupla million hit points. It's fun for a awhile.

It's like a WoW raid where the NPC followers match or exceed the intelligence of your human raid members.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

If you use ASIS and make it spawn tons of enemies it can be fun to watch massive (well, massive for a Bethesda game) battles play out. Just keep Unrelenting Force hotkeyed in case you run into doors (read: always). I usually run with 3 or 4 companions. Interesting NPCs is useful here, also.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

It's like a WoW raid where the NPC followers match or exceed the intelligence of your human raid members.

Jesus, they can pay attention for 8 minutes? That's some pretty advanced AI

Alasyre posted:

If you use ASIS and make it spawn tons of enemies it can be fun to watch massive (well, massive for a Bethesda game) battles play out. Just keep Unrelenting Force hotkeyed in case you run into doors (read: always). I usually run with 3 or 4 companions. Interesting NPCs is useful here, also.

hmm, might be fun, think I'll start without for now and investigate it again if I get bored of Frostfall and RND

Ron Paul Atreides fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 18, 2014

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like being able to run with 2-3 followers; it feels more like a traditional RPG party and since I'm usually playing some sort of glass cannon + using Higher Level Enemies it's nice to have an extra guy or two between my character and that pack of deathlords. More than that and yeah, good luck getting through any doors.

Plus I think the extra features of EFF (dunno about the others, haven't used them) are useful enough I'd keep it even if I didn't want a posse.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 18, 2014

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

SPERG rebalances things like perks, so it probably wouldn't be compatible with something like helpful blacksmiths or other crafting overhauls, right?

Everything Burrito posted:

I like being able to run with 2-3 followers; it feels more like a traditional RPG party and since I'm usually playing some sort of glass cannon + using Higher Level Enemies it's nice to have an extra guy or two between my character and that pack of deathlords. More than that and yeah, good luck getting through any doors.

Plus I think the extra features of EFF (dunno about the others, haven't used them) are useful enough I'd keep it even if I didn't want a posse.

I don't remember that many followers in Vanilla, but my playthrough did get all derailed by my alchemy obessesion. Are these followers added by mods or were there always more available than I noticed?

vvv : fighting styles for your character? how does that work?

Ron Paul Atreides fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 18, 2014

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Does anybody know where I can find some documentation on the AI combat behaviours? In Extended Follower Framework, you can change your followers' fighting style. In Familiar Faces, you have access to even more fighting styles for your characters. Thing is, while some of them are self-explanatory (One/Two-Handed Warrior, Destruction Mage), some others could be anything (Barbarian, Assassin).

If anybody knows of any resources that explains those things in detail, I'd appreciate a link!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

I don't remember that many followers in Vanilla, but my playthrough did get all derailed by my alchemy obessesion. Are these followers added by mods or were there always more available than I noticed?

There were always more available than you noticed.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
RE: available followers
I got a little bored with the usual crowd but didn't feel like adding a bunch of modded followers since so many of them are somebody's waifu or Gary Stu RP character, so I've been using The B-Team + the recommended extras which lets you make pretty much any NPC into a follower. Right now I'm playing through the Civil War as an Imperial so I recruited Captain Metilius (unusued NPC added back into the game by...something, don't remember) to give him something to do besides bum around Solitude all day. I've also used it to recruit an entire squad of generic Imperials added by Immersive Patrols who followed me around for a while before despawning (achieved by recruiting their captain, not all of them individually).

Another little fun thing: I did Noster's quest and then recruited him as a follower so that I could change his clothes to something nicer and give him a new place to live. Unfortunately when I upgraded EFF he ended up back on the street but he kept his new duds at least.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

SPERG rebalances things like perks, so it probably wouldn't be compatible with something like helpful blacksmiths or other crafting overhauls, right?

SPERG is compatible with Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade and Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade, and should be compatible with helpful Blacksmiths. If you use CCO, be sure to disable salvage in either SPERG or CCO (I prefer to use CCO's salvage). Technically, you don't have to do this, but you'll end up with duplicate recipes in your menus.

vvv : fighting styles for your character? how does that work?

It's Skyrim's way of deciding how an NPC fights (dual wielding, sword and shield, two-handed, sword and spell, only spells, etc). It's irrelevant for the player. When using Familiar Faces, you can set the combat behavior of any characters you've imported into a game, which are technically your characters, but they are treated as NPCs in the game into which they were imported.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 18, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Elth posted:

Does anybody know where I can find some documentation on the AI combat behaviours?
Combat Styles are basically a set of variables for the Combat AI to use. It determines what sort of weapon the creature that has the Combat Style prefers, how likely it is to use a power attack when their target is blocking, etc.

Those "Destruction Mage", "Barbarian", etc, ones from EFF and Familiar Faces are preset combat styles that those mods assign to the follower. If the mods' readmes don't describe what the presets do, you could load the mod in the Creation Kit and take a look.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 18, 2014

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Alasyre posted:

SPERG is compatible with Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade and Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade, and should be compatible with helpful Blacksmiths. If you use CCO, be sure to disable salvage in either SPERG or CCO (I prefer to use CCO's salvage). Technically, you don't have to do this, but you'll end up with duplicate recipes in your menus.

hmm, does salvaging increase smithing skill in both cases? I remember it mentioning that it does in CCO. I don't want to bother with crafting armor myself mostly, just want to hire NPCs to do it so my character doesn't have to learn it. But
obv still want to get better armor. I guess I could get a skill caper to make sure my character never becomes a master Smith from melting down dwemer plates.

Oh, that's another question, Morrowloot. That disables crafting recipes for the player, would it do the same for NPCs, so fuckong over the helpful blacksmith stuff?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
CCO has has the option to give Smithing experience from smelting and tanning, but I think it's disabled by default. It also adds the option to gain Smithing experience from mining, so you might want to make sure that's disabled if you don't want your Smithing level to increase. SPERG doesn't do anything but add breakdown recipes.

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
And if you enable smithing experience for smelting and tanning, it should affect all recipes at smelters and tanners - so you would get experience for SPERG salvage. So don't check those boxes if you don't want experience.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

NiftyBottle posted:

And if you enable smithing experience for smelting and tanning, it should affect all recipes at smelters and tanners - so you would get experience for SPERG salvage. So don't check those boxes if you don't want experience.

I like having tanning experience on but it clashes with Frostfall: the tanning racks you create with Survival Skills don't repack if you enable that setting.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Elth posted:

Does anybody know where I can find some documentation on the AI combat behaviours? In Extended Follower Framework, you can change your followers' fighting style. In Familiar Faces, you have access to even more fighting styles for your characters. Thing is, while some of them are self-explanatory (One/Two-Handed Warrior, Destruction Mage), some others could be anything (Barbarian, Assassin).

If anybody knows of any resources that explains those things in detail, I'd appreciate a link!

I believe Grimy of Grimy's tweaks did a ton of research into AI combat. If you can't find anything elsewhere you could ask him.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Oh, anyone have a good house mod suggestion for a witchdoctor character? My Perkus run so far has been as a female Redguard named Nansi. The name came about when I was looking through the presets and found a model with her particular warpaint, but as I played it made a lot more sense. You see Nansi spawned as a Stormcloak soldier just in time to hear, "Think you're in the wrong place, friend." She took that to heart. And his heart, too. After deserting, she ran afoul of some Forsworn where she picked up a headdress that, well:

It kinda ties the whole character together, and she hasn't taken it off once in fifteen levels. So this poison-brewing curse jockey needs a place for her and her beloved bonemen to relax when they aren't romping around marshes.

Edit: vvv Now I need to find a band shirt mod for when I finally get the ability to dress my skeletons.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 19, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Oh, anyone have a good house mod suggestion for a witchdoctor character? My Perkus run so far has been as a female Redguard named Nansi. The name came about when I was looking through the presets and found a model with her particular warpaint, but as I played it made a lot more sense. You see Nansi spawned as a Stormcloak soldier just in time to hear, "Think you're in the wrong place, friend." She took that to heart. And his heart, too. After deserting, she ran afoul of some Forsworn where she picked up a headdress that, well:

It kinda ties the whole character together, and she hasn't taken it off once in fifteen levels. So this poison-brewing curse jockey needs a place for her and her beloved bonemen to relax when they aren't romping around marshes.

Hey Beavis he said Bonemen

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I like having tanning experience on but it clashes with Frostfall: the tanning racks you create with Survival Skills don't repack if you enable that setting.

Yeah, the tanning experience works by intercepting the use tanner call, so anything else that does that conflicts. I hadn't encountered that (I don't use those tanning racks), but maybe I'll make another patch, like the one I made for CCOR + crafting cloud storage, whenever I take a break from Dragon Age.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Just finished downloading the Legendary edition off Steam and I had a couple questions before I jumped into the modding.

What version of the game is the Steam edition? A couple mods I glanced at said they only supported specific versions and a Google search brought up multiple answers.

I saw a flood of weapon and armor mods available, but most seem to suffer from the common fantasy trope of having the best gear look ornate and tacky as gently caress. I've always preferred the simple look of your starting gear like the iron and steel tier since it actually looks like something people would fight with. Are there any mods that keep that sort of aesthetic? Or keeps the basic gear viable throughout the game?

While I enjoyed the homestead building of Hearthfire on Xbox, I always thought it was too limited. Any mods out there that go whole hog on the stronghold building? Ideally I'd like to eventually grow it into a new settlement with a castle inhabited by guards, blacksmiths, merchants, peasants, etc. Anything out there this big in scope?

What would be the best mod to use regarding the Civil War? A couple years ago I heard of one that allowed you to end it by crowning yourself High King where you get to keep that bitching crown you have to hand over like a scrub in the console version. Any idea what that was?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Canemacar posted:

Just finished downloading the Legendary edition off Steam and I had a couple questions before I jumped into the modding.

What version of the game is the Steam edition? A couple mods I glanced at said they only supported specific versions and a Google search brought up multiple answers.

I saw a flood of weapon and armor mods available, but most seem to suffer from the common fantasy trope of having the best gear look ornate and tacky as gently caress. I've always preferred the simple look of your starting gear like the iron and steel tier since it actually looks like something people would fight with. Are there any mods that keep that sort of aesthetic? Or keeps the basic gear viable throughout the game?

While I enjoyed the homestead building of Hearthfire on Xbox, I always thought it was too limited. Any mods out there that go whole hog on the stronghold building? Ideally I'd like to eventually grow it into a new settlement with a castle inhabited by guards, blacksmiths, merchants, peasants, etc. Anything out there this big in scope?

What would be the best mod to use regarding the Civil War? A couple years ago I heard of one that allowed you to end it by crowning yourself High King where you get to keep that bitching crown you have to hand over like a scrub in the console version. Any idea what that was?

The steam version should be whatever the latest version is I think, 1.92.6 or whatever.

SPERG has some perks in the smithing tree that give bonuses to steel armor and weapons. Also 3rd era weapons has a fair amount of decent looking swords and such.

Tundra Defense might be what you're looking for.

Heck if I know for the civil war overhaul. I haven't figured out how to make Skyrim's combat quite that interesting to make pursuing a war worthwhile.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I got one because the idea of playing as Boney B. Bones the necromancer skeleton, who rolls with a posse of skeletons made me laugh like a moron. But I found it just made the game insanely unstable. But it also might have been the skeleton race mod that did that. And switching everyone I set to follower to the skeleton race.

The followers also had a bad habit of getting stuck and bottle necking passageways and just standing in my way.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Alasyre posted:

IS disabling specific components something I do through SkyUI in game or handled with MO prior to loading up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

IS disabling specific components something I do through SkyUI in game or handled with MO prior to loading up?

In-game - SkyUI has a mod configuration menu where you can disable those components (some others are enabled/disabled on mod installation, but you would have been prompted by MO, and that isn't the case here)

• Locked thread