Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

hangedman1984 posted:

please, if anything May hosed him doggy style

Well she did give him a right good drilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Nah she just nailed him hard.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No, she just gave him a good screw

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Nah she just nailed him hard.

It's called pegging.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I totally blocked it from my mind that May had sex with Ward. Huh.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
They didn't. They spent the night talking about dogs.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Gotta love people bitching about people having an actual discussion followed by a dozen completely poo poo posts.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ToastyPotato posted:

Gotta love people bitching about people having an actual discussion followed by a dozen completely poo poo posts.

Seriously. And started by the OP even. For shame Rarity.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
S2E09 synopsis, contains extremely vague spoilers:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23684/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_.ye_who_enter_here

I don't buy the Inhumans theory myself, but it sounds like we should find out fairly soon whether there's any merit to it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I love the guest stars listing, because you're like YES! Character X is in this one! YES! Character Y is in this one!

and also a CASHIER!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think "Chad" is a lot more hilarious than "Cashier" tbh.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

greatn posted:

I love the guest stars listing, because you're like YES! Character X is in this one! YES! Character Y is in this one!

and also a CASHIER!

But what if that CASHIER were actually Abigail Brand? Or Veranke the Skrull Queen?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One episode had "waitress" and "bartender" in the listing. Sounds like a supervillain duo that got killed by Scourge in that bar that one time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

S2E09 synopsis, contains extremely vague spoilers:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23684/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_.ye_who_enter_here

I don't buy the Inhumans theory myself, but it sounds like we should find out fairly soon whether there's any merit to it.

You don't have to buy it man, but they are sure as poo poo selling it.

Where is it losing you, just out of curiosity?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

You don't have to buy it man, but they are sure as poo poo selling it.

Where is it losing you, just out of curiosity?

The notion that Marvel Studios proper would let a mere TV series, one with which by all indications they have minimal hands-on creative involvement, be the first to take the Inhumans toys out of the box.

By that, I don't just mean that this show can't introduce Black Bolt, Medusa, etc.; I'm sure that's obvious enough to everyone. What I can't get past right now is the idea that Studios would allow SHIELD to deliver some non-trivial modicum of exposition about (some combination of) Inhuman society, their quasi-cosmic origins, or Terrigenesis - and with the city as the main focus of the final episodes of the year, surely some modicum of exposition about its origins and purpose is necessary. Not before those crucial backstory elements are set up in a film with a much, much bigger budget in which Feige et al. actually have their hands, anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It would get people watching though, having a big 'hey this thing in this new episode will be important for the MCU!!".

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

It would get people watching though, having a big 'hey this thing in this new episode will be important for the MCU!!".

With respect to the notion of this show ever being "important" to the broader MCU, I think that ship sailed a long time ago. There's probably a good reason why no one from Studios proper even has an EP credit.

Since most of the Internet seems to have bought into the Inhumans theory, I guess I'm in the minority there, though!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

The notion that Marvel Studios proper would let a mere TV series, one with which by all indications they have minimal hands-on creative involvement, be the first to take the Inhumans toys out of the box.

By that, I don't just mean that this show can't introduce Black Bolt, Medusa, etc.; I'm sure that's obvious enough to everyone. What I can't get past right now is the idea that Studios would allow SHIELD to deliver some non-trivial modicum of exposition about (some combination of) Inhuman society, their quasi-cosmic origins, or Terrigenesis - and with the city as the main focus of the final episodes of the year, surely some modicum of exposition about its origins and purpose is necessary. Not before those crucial backstory elements are set up in a film with a much, much bigger budget in which Feige et al. actually have their hands, anyway.

Backstories and characters aside you need the mythos. Getting a grip on what a kree and Inhuman is, will take some carefully placed flash cards for your average dimwit.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Did you guys notice that the cast listing also gives away that Patton Oswalt will be playing yet another Koenig? So we have Eric, Billy, and now Sam.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

Backstories and characters aside you need the mythos. Getting a grip on what a kree and Inhuman is, will take some carefully placed flash cards for your average dimwit.

Does it? Thor and GotG introduced entire corners of the MCU with relatively little setup in previous films (GotG had a bit more in Avengers and TDW's credits scenes, but as far as the actual story went it was easily one of the more self-contained films Marvel has done), and Dr. Strange looks to do the same for the magic side of the MCU.

That said, Feige did more or less say that there would be some Inhumans setup in the MCU sooner than November 2018. I just don't think SHIELD is what he was referring to.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

They could always re-introduce it in a movie or something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

Does it? Thor and GotG introduced entire corners of the MCU with relatively little setup in previous films (GotG had a bit more in Avengers and TDW's credits scenes, but as far as the actual story went it was easily one of the more self-contained films Marvel has done), and Dr. Strange looks to do the same for the magic side of the MCU.

That said, Feige did more or less say that there would be some Inhumans setup in the MCU sooner than November 2018. I just don't think SHIELD is what he was referring to.

I dunno man, AoS isn't an island, shits happening in the universe. It's good to have movie level mythos and possibly characters come in to this show so the movies are not crammed full of stuff that can have a season of TV to be introduced, and then tent pole the greater story. It works for me, thus far.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The fact that they call it an ancient city makes me think it's just going to be ruins from some secret Kree city.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

I dunno man, AoS isn't an island, shits happening in the universe. It's good to have movie level mythos and possibly characters come in to this show so the movies are not crammed full of stuff that can have a season of TV to be introduced, and then tent pole the greater story. It works for me, thus far.

...well, obviously it's one universe, but what "movie-level mythos and characters" thus far have been introduced in the TV series first? The closest thing is the presumably-Kree corpse, and they likely only got away with showing that before GotG by revealing absolutely nothing about what it was or where it came from in S1. Not really a workable model for every ongoing subplot.

Deadpool posted:

The fact that they call it an ancient city makes me think it's just going to be ruins from some secret Kree city.

Yeah, probably an abandoned Kree outpost, and likely not one that's specifically from the comics.

Actually, I'm kinda wondering how much SHIELD can even do with the Kree at this point, since GotG revealed next to nothing about them other than their existence and that they were at war with Xandar. Maybe it's actually a Skifflefuffle disguised as a Kree, who knows.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

...well, obviously it's one universe, but what "movie-level mythos and characters" thus far have been introduced in the TV series first? The closest thing is the presumably-Kree corpse, and they likely only got away with showing that before GotG by revealing absolutely nothing about what it was or where it came from in S1. Not really a workable model for every ongoing subplot.

I didn't say any had, i said it would be good to have it (if that is indeed what they are doing).

I think your being super nit picky about it. Anything that expands the universe for the better is totally fine with me. But it's your right to protest homeslice, go nuts.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

I didn't say any had, i said it would be good to have it (if that is indeed what they are doing).

I think your being super nit picky about it. Anything that expands the universe for the better is totally fine with me. But it's your right to protest homeslice, go nuts.

I'm not talking about whether it would be a good idea (though I do have my opinion, posted earlier in this thread - tl;dr: I'm pretty certain it's not). I'm saying that as far as I can tell, the nature of Marvel Studios proper's relationship with this show, or lack thereof, doesn't allow for it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

I'm not talking about whether it would be a good idea (though I do have my opinion, posted earlier in this thread - tl;dr: I'm pretty certain it's not). I'm saying that as far as I can tell, the nature of Marvel Studios proper's relationship with this show, or lack thereof, doesn't allow for it.

Maybe not historically on the show, but i think it was a safe bet not to chuck a whole bunch of movie level poo poo at the TV to start with, adding stuff that will be/is a part of the movie universe is only a pen stroke away. The gloves are off really, they are to my knowledge the only TV show keeping lock step with a movie universe. So who's to say what they able or capable of doing. I'm half full on the subject.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't think anything can be said for certain. Nothing like this has ever really happened before. Marvel's kinda making this poo poo up as they go.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Rocksicles posted:

Maybe not historically on the show, but i think it was a safe bet not to chuck a whole bunch of movie level poo poo at the TV to start with, adding stuff that will be/is a part of the movie universe is only a pen stroke away. The gloves are off really, they are to my knowledge the only TV show keeping lock step with a movie universe. So who's to say what they able or capable of doing. I'm half full on the subject.

Yeah when you don't know if a show is going to last or not, it doesn't make sense to go hog wild with it. But with the step up in quality post Winter Soldier I honk they could be more confident in doing so. And it would probably boost viewership of people knew serious poo poo happens on the show instead of it just being a mirror to the films.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Phylodox posted:

I don't think anything can be said for certain. Nothing like this has ever really happened before. Marvel's kinda making this poo poo up as they go.

For certain? Well, true, it's not like I work on the show and have already seen the next few episodes.

But I don't see how the Inhumans' introduction, even purely as a concept, could happen without Marvel Studios taking a direct, hands-on role in breaking story for the season. And there's just no indication that they're involved with SHIELD on that level.

Riven posted:

Yeah when you don't know if a show is going to last or not, it doesn't make sense to go hog wild with it. But with the step up in quality post Winter Soldier I honk they could be more confident in doing so. And it would probably boost viewership of people knew serious poo poo happens on the show instead of it just being a mirror to the films.

What I'm saying has nothing to do with ratings and everything to do with the implicit assumption that only one "they" would be necessary for that to happen.

Look, Marvel Studios proper does not care that much about this show. Well, I don't mean at all, I'm sure most of the folks there enjoy SHIELD and would be sorry to see it go, but it won't make a drat bit of difference to their game plan through 2019 if the show gets cancelled.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 18, 2014

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't know how much involvement would even be required. They would only really have to give the TV division the green light to introduce the Inhumans.

It could be seen as stealing the future Inhumans movie's thunder...or it could be seen as lifting a burden of exposition off of it. Instead of being an origin story and having to introduce all of the necessary ideas, they could just start in media res, drop only what explanations would be necessary to understand the film, and basically say "Would you like to know more about the Inhumans? Check out ABC's Agents of SHIELD for the whole story!"

Yeah, it would be almost unprecedented, but a lot of this whole medium-spanning venture is.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What about the whole Hydra thing and Cap 2? Obviously they had prior knowledge and worked with MCU.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, but that was SHIELD riding the coattails of Winter Soldier, not vice versa. We didn't even get a SHIELD cast reaction shot in the movie.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, but that was SHIELD riding the coattails of Winter Soldier, not vice versa. We didn't even get a SHIELD cast reaction shot in the movie.

I'm going to peg that on Marvel not wanting to drop the whole Coulson is alive on Cap in Winter Soldier in addition to everything else which is understandable.

However, if that truthbomb doesn't drop in Age of Ultron, I'm going to be seriously sad.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They didn't need to show Coulson. Just, like, Skye and May and Fitzsimmons. Stick 'em in amongst a bunch of other reaction shots. People who watch Agents of SHIELD get a kick out of it, people who don't go, "Hey, was that Ming Na?" and then forget about it.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
They could introduce inhumans without ever really using the word "Inhumans". Basically have them be exactly what the inhumans are without giving it a name. They showed a Kree body but didn't name the alien but anyone who has seen Guardians could make the visual connections.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

What's her face name dropped Kree when she gave a list of blue aliens that it could possibly be. This happened before GoTG, which proceeded to show 2 of the species she named.

Anyway, AoS has a bit of a barrier between it and the MCU proper, and that is that no one in the movies knows (or acknowledged that they know) that Coulson is alive. With Coulson essentially being SHIELD, we can't see any real interaction until the new SHIELD is acknowledged in a film. Reports indicate that something along the lines of this SHOULD happen in Avengers 2, but unfortunately that movie takes place after the end of Season 2. So there simply isn't an open door for AoS to do much this season, aside from potentially provide bonus exposition for movie stuff.

Also, I don't understand how having Inhumans revealed on AoS is a big deal, but having Kree visiting Earth hundreds if not thousands of years prior to the beginning of the MCU being revealed isn't. I'd say those are both absolutely substantial.

Captain Marvel is getting a movie and her whole existence is Kree/Earth related, so if it turns out the city is Kree and the body is Kree, then that is no different than Inhuman backstory stuff popping up on the show instead.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Anyway, AoS has a bit of a barrier between it and the MCU proper, and that is that no one in the movies knows (or acknowledged that they know) that Coulson is alive. With Coulson essentially being SHIELD, we can't see any real interaction until the new SHIELD is acknowledged in a film. Reports indicate that something along the lines of this SHOULD happen in Avengers 2, but unfortunately that movie takes place after the end of Season 2. So there simply isn't an open door for AoS to do much this season, aside from potentially provide bonus exposition for movie stuff.

I keep hearing this "the season ends before AoU" nonsense; do people think AoU is opening Memorial Day weekend rather than May 1, or later, or what? Unless ABC cuts the show's order, there will be at least three episodes airing after AOU is releases There were always going to be at least two; 22-episode TV seasons never end before mid-May, or at least, I can't recall the last time one did.

As for what you're alluding to in AoU, I believed it for a while, but I recently reconsidered the source and it's actually incredibly dubious. A single, no-name UK blogger took a single, blurry photo of a black dude who could just as easily be Anthony Mackie from that distance, and said it was Britt; most of the fanboy Internet took this at face value, as it is wont to do with such things. That's it, as far as I can tell.

quote:

Also, I don't understand how having Inhumans revealed on AoS is a big deal, but having Kree visiting Earth hundreds if not thousands of years prior to the beginning of the MCU being revealed isn't. I'd say those are both absolutely substantial.

Captain Marvel is getting a movie and her whole existence is Kree/Earth related, so if it turns out the city is Kree and the body is Kree, then that is no different than Inhuman backstory stuff popping up on the show instead.

Kree having visited Earth is a laudable bit of world-building for this show, but it's not germane to the films unless the city in question is Inhumans-related or Captain Marvel's plot involves ancient Kree on Earth and not just ones of more recent vintage.

So no, I don't agree that it's "substantial" as far as the movies are concerned, at least that it's inherently so.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 18, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

I keep hearing this "the season ends before AoU" nonsense; do people think AoU is opening Memorial Day weekend rather than May 1, or later, or what? Unless ABC cuts the show's order, there will be at least three episodes airing after AOU is releases There were always going to be at least two; 22-episode TV seasons never end before mid-May, or at least, I can't recall the last time one did.

As for what you're alluding to in AoU, I believed it for a while, but I recently reconsidered the source and it's actually incredibly dubious. A single, no-name UK blogger took a single, blurry photo of a black dude who could just as easily be Anthony Mackie from that distance, and said it was Britt; most of the fanboy Internet took this at face value, as it is wont to do with such things. That's it, as far as I can tell.

Ah I never really followed up on that rumor so I didn't really know where it came from. It also sounded uninteresting. As for there being episodes airing after the movie. That's great news, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Barry Convex posted:

It depends on how many episodes they're showing before the holidays and Agent Carter. I guess they're doing a 10/12 split so the finale should be on May 17 I think?

• Locked thread