Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

might be wrong posted:

I kinda miss when this was for clever quotes by funny people and not just a shittier version of the goonlulz thread.

It was never that, you must have been on meth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I kinda want this to be clever quotes by funny people and not just a shittier version of the goonlulz thread from this point on.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Latest SA-mart shitfit/scam attempt.

Lief posted:

She wants a fresh logo. Her tagline is "broaden your palate" which made me think of a CUTE IDEA.

An artist's palette (like the kind Bob Ross use) with instead of paints, fruits sort of half melted on looking like oil paints.

Like one is a mango, one is an avocado, one is an apple, one is a banana etc..

You can use whatever fruits as long as there's definitely mango and avocado.

Jareth posted:

I also used my hands to make a logo. Hope you like it.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ultramega posted:

since i don't have a salad spinner i was wrapping a big bunch of it up in some kitchen towels and then putting it in a plastic bag and wailing it around my head to separate the water from it and i've done it like 3 times so far when i've cooked with cale this week but i'm getting really tired of doing that. i think i'm done eating cale for now

goferchan posted:

I just got back from making a salad and boy, are my arms tired.

sector_corrector posted:

that dude flailing his kale around is like an irl person from an infomercial saying THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY

Meursault Horny posted:

So I strung a clothesline across my kitchen and I'm hanging each kale leaf individually up to dry on it, but I'm running out of tiny clothespins and my salad is only half done? Goons? [salad noob]

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

I kinda want this to be clever quotes by funny people and not just a shittier version of the goonlulz thread from this point on.

Then post some clever quotes by funny people instead of impotently whining.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
You desperately need to calm down about Pokemon buddy.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

My Lovely Horse posted:

The entire point of the thread is to be open ended, friend. I like both clever quotes and disaster of human quotes, please understand that other people like different things than you.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

theflyingorc posted:

The entire point of the thread is to be open ended, friend. I like both clever quotes and disaster of human quotes, please understand that other people like different things than you.

I think he was more lamenting the fact that the discussion had just been about TCC and not really quoting anything at that point. Could be mistaken.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Trig Discipline posted:

i think if you check the dictionary you'll find that hellfuck and bitchwrong are intended to be hyphenated

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That Works posted:

I think he was more lamenting the fact that the discussion had just been about TCC and not really quoting anything at that point. Could be mistaken.
More or less. If every funny quote was followed by half a page of posts about how so-and-so is a terrific person who lives in their own house and drowns in pussy/dick, and the subforum it came from is amazing, y'all would get tired of that poo poo right quick.

Hydrolith posted:

Just Post Quotes.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

That Works posted:

FYI My Lovely Horse is a terrific person who lives in their own house and drowns in pussy/dick, and PYF is amazing.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

spog posted:

FYI My Lovely Horse is a terrific person who lives in their own house and drowns in pussy/dick, and PYF is amazing.

:buddy:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

spog posted:

FYI My Lovely Horse is a terrific person who lives in their own house
I hear it's a bit of a barn.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Does anyone have a link to that "lift your couch" thread from last year where Shine lifted his couch?

It was a couple years ago and I found it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510749

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Nov 18, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

R/nfl is a loving laugh riot today. Apparently if you click your heals together three times and whine "b-b-but it was a [i]misdemeanor[/]" it erases the fact this adult human man whipped a toddler until he bled from his scrotum.

Brannock posted:

Hmm, I wonder if this is a legitimate summary, or yet another walled-garden Something Awful™ opinion on the greater Internet as the people here become increasingly out of touch and irrelevant?

Let's pull a couple top-rated comments on this topic from /r/nfl to see what the most popular/supported opinions are on there:

quote:

Vikings cusoman 952 points 5 hours ago*

The NFLPA will never allow players to go on the exempt list again.

Edit: Reason being, it appears as though players can get punished double when this happens as putting them on the exempt list removes them from the field when they could have been playing while awaiting the decision. Yes, they are still getting paid while on that list, but the thought and talk from AD's camp was that he'd retroactively lose game checks for the ones he is out for. Players will want to play while awaiting the outcome of their trials and the suspensions instead of facing what amounts to double the punishment.

This isn't a "I support AD" situation if you recognize this, this is a "NFL setting a dangerous precedent with players" situation that the NFLPA is sure to speak against.

952 net points, overwhelming support. Reasonable position, basically identical to the same position many people in this same thread are holding. Let's see what the top response is to the above comment:

quote:

Jaguars kterr101 256 points 5 hours ago

Yea this is going to be an issue. I am completely for punishing AP, he more then deserves suspension. That being said, being forced to go to the Exempt List just to await suspension is a dangerous precedent. Yes they are getting paid but its basically like another suspension especially for players who don't make a lot and want to be on the field.

Again, a reasonable stance to take. Kazak Hstan, tapping on his phone, is complaining about misdemeanor defense, though. A search for "misdemeanor" pulls up lots of hits of people exclaiming about how people are over-focusing on the fact that it was a misdemeanor, and not, you know, a heavily muscled athlete beating the poo poo out of a small child too young to understand what's going on or why it's happening. There's over 2000 comments on the thread, and Reddit's format is utter purestrain garbage for discussion, but everything I can see that seems like it might relate to the complaint involve people getting shouted down for bad opinions, or engaged in an argument about the separation of disciplinary responsibilities between the justice system and the NFL.

Here's the opinion of a couple of highly-rated Vikings fans on this matter:

quote:

Vikings direwolf--of--london 20 points 3 hours ago*

Ha, that was only after multiple private correspondences showing no remorse were made public. If you honestly think that's genuine, or if he even wrote that himself, then I've got some oceanfront property in Kansas I'd like to sell you.

He hasn't taken it seriously until now, and that's only because he finally realized he could really be punished, not because he feels bad for his child. I sympathized with him somewhat at first because he didn't seem to understand that what he did was wrong. I'd much prefer that and a "I'm trying to educate myself" to these two faced non-apologies.

gently caress Adrian.

quote:

Vikings GoGophs 187 points 5 hours ago

Probably the right outcome, but this entire process has been garbage.

drat, /r/nfl sure does loving suck.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

FOund out today I'm gonna fail Spanish and I have to take it again next semester. Please give me pics gifs and vids of dumb cute animals.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I will never play space station 13, but I love to hear stories about it.

Magres posted:

Has goon station ever tried a Battle Royale slash Hunger Games mode?

Everyone as Assistants, last man standing wins the round, no hiding off in space.

Remmon posted:

You mean Unity day? Not quite last man standing as it's a team battle, may the best department win. But the number of survivors is typically in the low single digits and the epic battles in escape just before the shuttle arrives tend to involve stun gloves, lasers and bombs.

mysterious loyall Y posted:

My favourite round like this was one where the sec/command staff predictably thought we were totally in the clear, the chef's frightening secret project had been stopped at the cost of several lives, and we made our way to escape following a bloody battle with the science team en route... only to discover that the loving engineers and mechanics had spent the entire round turning the escape wing into an impenetrable fortress and none of us could get in. Everyone had kind of forgotten they existed because they'd been so quiet, and all we could do was watch them merrily escape with the hundreds of bees that the QM had ordered in celebration.

Pure engineers.txt right there.

Main Paineframe posted:

Catering has terrifying potential - the chef, barman, and botany can devastate the station if they're working together. Botany will have no trouble growing explosive tomatoes with help from the barman's chem dispenser, the barman is armed and armored well enough to ward off any frontal attacks, and the chef can back them up with donk pockets and doompies.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I wish I didn't have anything to do so I could once again waste way too much time playing that game. SS13 owns the hardest.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

a bay posted:

The I Robot from "I, Robot" is based on science fiction maestro Isaac Asimov's most ambitious premise: what would it take to make Will Smith look straight?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Chichevache posted:

952 net points, overwhelming support. Reasonable position, basically identical to the same position many people in this same thread are holding. Let's see what the top response is to the above comment:

Again, a reasonable stance to take. Kazak Hstan, tapping on his phone, is complaining about misdemeanor defense, though. A search for "misdemeanor" pulls up lots of hits of people exclaiming about how people are over-focusing on the fact that it was a misdemeanor, and not, you know, a heavily muscled athlete beating the poo poo out of a small child too young to understand what's going on or why it's happening. There's over 2000 comments on the thread, and Reddit's format is utter purestrain garbage for discussion, but everything I can see that seems like it might relate to the complaint involve people getting shouted down for bad opinions, or engaged in an argument about the separation of disciplinary responsibilities between the justice system and the NFL.

Here's the opinion of a couple of highly-rated Vikings fans on this matter:

drat, /r/nfl sure does loving suck.
[/quote]

God I hope you were posting this because you were laughing at the dudes trawling through other sites to get mad at something on the internet. But I know you werent.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

God I hope you were posting this because you were laughing at the dudes trawling through other sites to get mad at something on the internet. But I know you werent.

If you click the quoted name it will take you to the thread where he posted it. In the thread you can see me laughing at the ridiculous post. I hope I didn't make you mad at the internet. :ohdear:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Chichevache posted:

If you click the quoted name it will take you to the thread where he posted it. In the thread you can see me laughing at the ridiculous post. I hope I didn't make you mad at the internet. :ohdear:

I get mad at the Seahawks cuz they are another birdteam I should have done what the great emperor palpatine did and let the hate flow through me

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Drogo posted:

Latest SA-mart shitfit/scam attempt.

JMilton posted:

How's this

This was the "winner" for

quote:

An artist's palette (like the kind Bob Ross use) with instead of paints, fruits sort of half melted on looking like oil paints.

Like one is a mango, one is an avocado, one is an apple, one is a banana etc..

You can use whatever fruits as long as there's definitely mango and avocado.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Some prime :goonsay: in the Awkward, Ugly and Gross thread:

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm in my 30s, 6'6" and have a beard. I demand the drat colouring pages and crayons. (I mostly do it in mild protest to being taken to lame chain restaurants or sports bars).

The best was after I was done colouring at one place the waitress jokingly said "Don't forget to put your name on the back" turned the page over, and I already had put my name there. She was a little weirded out.

Ratjaculation posted:

I've got a cold, but unless I am missing a reference/inside joke how is a bearded fat* middle aged goon sitting in a restaurant doing childrens activities whilst with company not awkward as gently caress?

Or does being quirky not make it an embarrassment?

*statistically likely

Indolent Bastard posted:

Yes it does. I don't make myself the center of attention, I tend to be out with friends who often are fun enough people to join in once they see you can be "quirky" without causing a scene, and I tip well. Hell, assholes who can't keep off their phones for more than 30 seconds "whilst with company" are more annoying than I am. I can talk and colour, they can't do anything but look at that loving phone and ignore the whole group and that poo poo can get awkward.

Not my colouring job, but it is representative of what I do.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Henchman of Santa posted:

quote:

Not my colouring job, but it is representative of what I do.

A little more helldumpy than maybe we need, but I liked that bit.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Henchman of Santa posted:

gently caress it. I'd go to lunch with that dude. He seems cool.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Sometimes, being weird and goony can be awesome depending on how hard you lean into it or how drunk everyone is.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The GBS coloring book thread from a few years ago was pretty fun. It's oddly theraputic to do coloring pages as an adult because you can finally make them look as good as you always wanted. Also because doodling weird subversive stuff on them is also fun.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chichevache posted:

gently caress it. I'd go to lunch with that dude. He seems cool.

Yeah I enjoy coloring durning meals. Though I usually pass it around the table until we have some horrible looking thing, but we all get a laugh out of it. Chinese restaurants with all the zodiac animals are the best for this. Though doing this as a weird passive aggressive thing is just odd.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shwqa posted:

Yeah I enjoy coloring durning meals. Though I usually pass it around the table until we have some horrible looking thing, but we all get a laugh out of it. Chinese restaurants with all the zodiac animals are the best for this. Though doing this as a weird passive aggressive thing is just odd.

What is odd is having adult friends who drag you to places like Chili's and Olive Garden. Might as well distract yourself with coloring because you definitely don't want to focus on the food.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Or you live in an area with mostly chains and don't have that much money to spend? I think it's weirder to "protest" going to a chain like a child.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hey billy bob wanna go to freaking applebees? no? well u have to because ur my bitch and u do whatever i want. dont loving color in any scuba divers, frogs, giraffes, spaceships or coral reefs u piece of poo poo. if i so much as see a crayon in your hand im going to force you to order chicken fingers

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chichevache posted:

What is odd is having adult friends who drag you to places like Chili's and Olive Garden. Might as well distract yourself with coloring because you definitely don't want to focus on the food.

Seriously gently caress chilis and Olive Garden. $10 appetizer and $16+ pasta dishes. I can get some nice sushi for those prices.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Shwqa posted:

Seriously gently caress chilis and Olive Garden. $10 appetizer and $16+ pasta dishes. I can get some nice sushi for those prices.

:agreed: on the pasta dishes but the appetizers are supposed to be gross fried things and the price is not crazy unreasonable.

also you can enjoy the unlimited soup salad and breadsticks

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Look if you can't enjoy the food why can't you just not order it and enjoy the alcohol and conversation with friends.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Acne Rain posted:

Look if you can't enjoy the food why can't you just not order it and enjoy the alcohol and conversation with friends.

sometimes I want to eat a meal

Kyrie eleison posted:

There is no proof aside for the testimony of early Christians, the success of Christianity itself, and any subsequent miracles. We believe that miracles occur at every Mass, as the bread and wine is transubstantiated to the Body and Blood of Christ before our very eyes. Any scientific analysis will reveal it to have all of the properties of bread and wine, but in a similar way, we have Dr. Manhattan giving his opinion on the materially inobservable nature of life itself:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

PleasingFungus posted:

sometimes I want to eat a meal

like, it's super obvious that chain restaurants aren't anywhere near as good as great fresh cooked stuff but consider that for most of human history we ate unseasoned whatever we found in a random tree that was riddled with parasites, crappy chain food is fine enough, don't be weird

also enjoy the unlimited soup salad and breadsticks

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

theflyingorc posted:

like, it's super obvious that chain restaurants aren't anywhere near as good as great fresh cooked stuff but consider that for most of human history we ate unseasoned whatever we found in a random tree that was riddled with parasites, crappy chain food is fine enough, don't be weird

also enjoy the unlimited soup salad and breadsticks

For most of human history we didn't have medicine so go ahead and just rub some dirt on that Ebola, it is way better than the Black Plague. :jerkbag:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The question i posed wasn't eating vs not eating, it was not eating but engaging in other things vs coloring books and crayons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Look, morons, no one is saying chili's is high class but sometimes, as an adult, you have to do deal with things. Deal with it.

• Locked thread