Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2014/11/12/new-build-available-to-the-windows-insider-program/

Some known problems:

In some cases you may get a black screen when trying to log-in or unlock. The only option is to hold the power button to hard reboot.

You will be unable to connect to Distributed File System network locations.

Some systems may see disk growth of 20GB+ due to driver install duplication. On systems with low disk space this can block setup and cause a rollback to the previous build.

Skype calls will disconnect and Music will stop playing if those apps are minimized.

There are several known issues with screen sharing with Lync.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

Some systems may see disk growth of 20GB+ due to driver install duplication.

fuckin :lol:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

lmao

and I also see they have reached 1995 again and give you the option to reduce the three button start menu back to one button

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
If you see a problem, just click the smiley face feedback button in the upper right corner of IE and select “Send a Frown”.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

If you see a problem, just click the thumbs up feedback button in the upper right corner of IE and select "Send a thumbs down".

If you see a problem, just click the Like! feedback button in the upper right corner of IE and select "Dislike!".

Like how IE works? Rate us in the app store. Unhappy with something? Send us feedback.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
4, still not quite as good as start wandows ngrmadly

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

TOO FAST, TURN IT DOWN A NOTCH!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

4, still not quite as good as start wandows ngrmadly

i wish I would have taken a pic of that when my latitude did it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I ain't gonna hold lovely betas against anyone, all software is buggy as hell in betas. I have faith that when the time comes Microsoft will deliver a lovely release build.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Microsoft plans to announce a significant partnership on Tuesday with Spanish soccer team Real Madrid.

While the full details won’t be announced until tomorrow, it appears to be a combination technology and sponsorship deal along the lines of recent pacts Microsoft has made with other sports leagues and teams.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cremnob posted:

Microsoft plans to announce a significant partnership on Tuesday with Spanish soccer team Real Madrid.

While the full details won’t be announced until tomorrow, it appears to be a combination technology and sponsorship deal along the lines of recent pacts Microsoft has made with other sports leagues and teams.

will they be paying to train the players, coaches, and announcers so that they know what a "surface" is?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

prefect posted:

will they be paying to train the players, coaches, and announcers so that they know what a "surface" is?

renaming the stadium the bingabeu

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
how expensive has surface marketing been so far?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

how many diseases could bill and melinda gates have cured with that surface advertising money?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Phoenixan posted:

how expensive has surface marketing been so far?

when it launched two years ago or so i think they had $500 million on marketing alone. since then i wouldnt be shocked if the costs haven't added up to multiple billions

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

shadow puppet of a posted:

i like how the weather

haha i like how that too, OP

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the nfl deal on its own was $400 million or so

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

400m plus the cost of scrambling in week two to pay to get it placed onto the networks covering the nfl for actual product visibility and to stop it from being called 'an ipad'

i'm still amazed they forgot that part and thought they could do a sneaky end run around the people that pay billions to be the gatekeepers of football content

in other news a 5 year old in england became microsoft certified for workstations or something

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

in other news a 5 year old in england became microsoft certified for workstations or something

Do they not realize how horribly thus devalues the certificate? Or are they already glorified toilet paper?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my work is paying for sccm training

which is cool because my team deals with windows servers under literally no circumstance

pram
Jun 10, 2001
good use of training budget!!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pram posted:

good use of training budget!!
perhaps the training department was running out of training so everyone rushed to buy some

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
they're teaching you how bad windows servers are so you remember never to deploy them. money well spent imho

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I kinda like windows servers but I am a poop sysadmin from a butt so

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows servers are a fuckin JOKE

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Only found out about this because of butthurt cjs on Facebook. Had myself a hearty lol.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Trashman posted:

Only found out about this because of butthurt cjs on Facebook. Had myself a hearty lol.

same but a newspaper op

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

quote:

We also added platform support for H.265 HEVC for Windows 10 as well, and we’re not done here yet. More news to come on this later.

hmmm i might have to install this update

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

pram posted:

windows servers are a fuckin JOKE

let me just click some icons in a touchscreen ui to configure my servers lol

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i have 0 windows cjing experience and yet when i needed to change something on an appliance that ran windows server i was able to do it without consulting a single document

viva gui. viva having-relevant-stuff-in-one-place.

deth to cli cryptic poo poo

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
you are meant to do sysadmin from a couch, laying on your back using a tablet. idk why u all idiots don't get that microsoft is trying to help you become lazier, fatter and more stupid. heil ballmer, may his soul rest in piece.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

pagoe posted:

microsoft is trying to help you become lazier, fatter and more stupid.

is there even room for that to happen with windows admins?

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013

Cocoa Crispies posted:

is there even room for that to happen with windows admins?

its a saturated market for sure but theres always room for a big player like microsoft

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Do they not realize how horribly thus devalues the certificate? Or are they already glorified toilet paper?

uhh an mcitp in windows 7 support isn't a particularly high level cert

kid looks like hes goin balls out for his ccna though

edit: i remember when my county school system was super goddamn excited when this 15 year old kid got his MS server certs and gave him a job workin IT.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 18, 2014

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

deth to cli cryptic poo poo

ironic then that MS is switching to cli cryptic poo poo

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

incoherent posted:

Its the new microsoft logo.

I went to send a feedback thing and the feedback app crashed while just sitting at the logon prompt

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

there's no GUI power options when you RDP in, not even if you do ctrl+alt+end like you could with Win 7. It's logoff/disconnect only unless you get a popup prompting for a restart or you know how to do it at a command line

BangersInMyKnickers fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 18, 2014

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

shutdown -r -t 0 through an RDP session makes the entire computer hang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

click  in with your microsoft  surface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROTZLWKtQz4

• Locked thread