Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sir John Feelgood posted:

In third grade I moved to a new town. If you've ever experienced this, you know that you wind up hanging out with a lot of different people before you figure out who your real friends are. Well one of the people I hung out with in this trying-people-out phase was a kid named Brian. He had a big square head and was extremely shy and was always grimacing for some reason. Looking back there was probably something wrong with him. But he was one of the only kids in class with a Game Boy and Pokemon, so I invited him over because I didn't have a Game Boy and I wanted him to show me the game. We wound up sitting in my basement with him gripping the Game Boy and me just listening to him breathe. I tried to talk to him about the game but he would only let out a few words. Just totally focused on the game. Finally I asked him if I could play, and he very reluctantly handed me the Game Boy and started a New Game because he didn't want me playing his (fine) and told me very emphatically not to save. In the opening part of the game, I didn't know what to do. I was wandering around like a total noob (and I was one). I was lost. So I asked him, "Hey, Brian, can you help me out here?" And he told me I had to find Professor Oak's coffee. That's what I had to do. Find Oak's coffee. I was like, drat, OK, coffee, right. I spent like ten minutes wandering around trying to find his coffee, going in all the houses and stuff. Finally he offered to just do it for me so I handed him back the Game Boy. He didn't give it back to me and eventually his mom picked him up and took him home. Later on I found out of course that's not what you do. There's no freaking coffee. He was lying to me. He just wanted the game back. It was the biggest gaming lie I believed.

zen death robot posted:

You learned a valuable lesson

don't hang out with Brian

Acquire Currency! posted:

Yeah it's actually B+Down

Actually it's B+Up and then you rotate a full circle counter-clockwise each time the ball shakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If you swim far enough in a certain direction in Morrowind you encounter the biggest creature in the game, a giant sea monster. I tried this and the dude who told me said "nah you must have just swum in the wrong direction" so I checked the construction set and found no record of any such creature.

:goonsay:

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

KaptainKrunk posted:

That games as a whole would keep getting better

They did get better for a while, then the 32/64 bit era ruined it.

Iron Casanova fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 18, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Iron Casanova posted:

They did get better for while, then the 32/64 bit era ruined it.

:cripes:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Iron Casanova posted:

They did get better
I agree

quote:

for while, then the 32/64 bit era ruined it.

Not only is your grammar extremely hosed up, but so is your stupid rear end sad brain. Go kill yourself.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

They got better but once people learned how to design games in 3D things stagnated and here we are today.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

I agree

Not only is your grammar extremely hosed up, but so is your stupid rear end sad brain. Go kill yourself.

You thought the 32 bit era was good?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Iron Casanova posted:

You thought the 32 bit era was good?

Did you not have fun playing those games?

I mean yeah things have improved but how can someone not have enjoyed that era?

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Did you not have fun playing those games?

I mean yeah things have improved but how can someone not have enjoyed that era?

All of the games weren't crap.There was just too much emphasis on 3D, but not everyone could make good 3D games.Also factor in that not all genres work better in 3D, something the industry still struggles with today.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Iron Casanova posted:

All of the games weren't crap.There was just too much emphasis on 3D, but not everyone could make good 3D games.Also factor in that not all genres work better in 3D, something the industry still struggles with today.

Yeah, that makes sense. I did enjoy the spritework for the games that still used it like BoF 3 & IV from that era. That was incredible stuff.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
-That the XBOX was huge (it was normal size)
-That Xbox ONE loving sucks (its actually a really good buy at 350 dollars now)
-That Halo is gay (its actually one of the best FPS of all time, and with good reason)

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Probably that the wii u was a bad system, and not actually cool as hell.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
god pokemon

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

-That the XBOX was huge (it was normal size)
-That Xbox ONE loving sucks (its actually a really good buy at 350 dollars now)
-That Halo is gay (its actually one of the best FPS of all time, and with good reason)

Another gaming lie I believed: Halo 3 ODST is the worst Halo. IMO it's actually the best.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
that winners didn't do drugs

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Silver Striker posted:

Another gaming lie I believed: Halo 3 ODST is the worst Halo. IMO it's actually the best.

who would dare tell this lie

it even came w a separate disc that had halo 3 mp and all the map packs

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

who would dare tell this lie

it even came w a separate disc that had halo 3 mp and all the map packs

One of my co-workers thinks it is the worst. I was stunned when I discovered that. Honestly I loved the atmosphere of the city in ODST, wandering around, and trying to piece together what happened to the rest of your squad. It including Halo 3 MP and all the map packs was just the icing on an already good deal. I think if Destiny had been more like ODST in terms of atmosphere and level design it would have been one of the best games this year.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Cake :cool::cool::cool::xd:

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
Would rather engage w/ content about biggest gaming truths I discovered, OP. Thank you.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i believed that bungie still had the people that made halo in it,, but nobody who worked on halo works at bungie anymore

:(

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

That there's a second level in Sonic Spinball

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That you could get General Leo later on in FF6.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

seiferguy posted:

That you could get General Leo later on in FF6.

:eng101: You kinda can if you abuse the hell out of the Early Airship glitch but yeah I believed this too and spent a long time doing dumb poo poo to make it work. Same with the idea of doing something with Sigfried after you see him and his buddies in the WoR cave.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmao games are so freaking gay now!!!!!!!

*uses invisible magic to download games*

Waaaagh WTF is this garbage i need the CASE you IDIOT *wipes dick off on newgrounds.com hoodie*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Waaaagh WTF is this garbage i need the CASE you IDIOT *wipes dick off on newgrounds.com hoodie*

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

haha

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Widestancer posted:

:eng101: You kinda can if you abuse the hell out of the Early Airship glitch but yeah I believed this too and spent a long time doing dumb poo poo to make it work. Same with the idea of doing something with Sigfried after you see him and his buddies in the WoR cave.

Yeah I know but I didn't learn about that till earlier this year. Not that I would have figured it out as a kid, or done the airship glitch either :v:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

m bison yes

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

there was this kid in middle school (7th grade i think) who i guess had not outgrown making up just ridiculous poo poo like how he owned 300 genesis games or how he could do a standing backflip (dude was like 200 lbs). he told me that in road rash 2 you if the police officer came to bust you he had a shotgun you could snatch off of him and use against other riders.

i envy children today who can just take out their smartphone and factcheck these people in real time

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

i believed that fuckign brink would be a good game

Splash damage is making it, my friends said, they made enemy territory, they said

one of my friends actually rented a loving server for it lol

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I never got to believe in video game lies because I grew up with the internet, so I could just look up if something was horseshit. I feel left out :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
totally the nude code for tombraider 1.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
That you could see Samus naked in Smash Bros if you paused at the right moment if she was getting shocked.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Whorelord posted:

how was it that only one kid had a gameboy did you live in turkey or something
No, America. I mean he was one of the few in my elementary school class (i.e., my classroom) who had one. Let's say fifteen boys, fifteen girls in a class. Most of the boys not interested in games at all. Only a few kids with Game Boys.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Budget Dracula posted:

there was this kid in middle school (7th grade i think) who i guess had not outgrown making up just ridiculous poo poo like how he owned 300 genesis games or how he could do a standing backflip (dude was like 200 lbs). he told me that in road rash 2 you if the police officer came to bust you he had a shotgun you could snatch off of him and use against other riders.

that kid's name....... was GAbe Newell.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

zen death robot posted:

i think gabe is too old to have been in middle school when road rash 2 was out

his lies go deep.

Duane Walker
Sep 10, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i believed that bungie still had the people that made halo in it,, but nobody who worked on halo works at bungie anymore

:(

It's cool man I thought Destiny would be worth the $80 too.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. I did enjoy the spritework for the games that still used it like BoF 3 & IV from that era. That was incredible stuff.

That was the worst part, we could have had more good looking 2D games.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

That the Wii U gamepad is awful. It is actually the tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Chucktesla posted:

That the Wii U gamepad is awful. It is actually the tits
Actually, the PS4 controller is the tits.

Ben Kuchera posted:

It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller?

You’re a good controller, you sexy thing, you.

• Locked thread