Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

One is about the shitstorm

C'moooon fishman shirt.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Also Snake has a Big Boss costume now and that's pretty cool.

I must see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Commissar Ken posted:

C'moooon fishman shirt.
Did someone say Fishman shirt

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Commissar Ken posted:

I must see this.

http://imgur.com/a/0Mobn

Project M actually has a ton of cool costumes, I also really like their SNES style Captain Falcon.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Beef and Wools.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZskKA6jL9I8

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie surrendered to Japan, and instead decided to explore the other DLC and promptly degrade back to level 1.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The ending of the latest Dark Souls vid. :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey Matt, you guys are totally right. de Blob was a super underrated game.

You guys should do a playthrough.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm still surprised that Matt and Pat deconstructed and tore apart The Evil Within.

Especially compared to Markiplier/Pewds LP.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Grouchio posted:

I'm still surprised that Matt and Pat deconstructed and tore apart The Evil Within.

Especially compared to Markiplier/Pewds LP.

You say that as if you were expecting Markplier/Pewds to say anything constructive about the games they play without raising the volume of their voices. (I mean, maybe they do; I only watch Markiplier for FNAF shenanigans and Pewds not at all.)

Compendium fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 17, 2014

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm rapidly switching between not liking evil within and really being into it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

I'm rapidly switching between not liking evil within and really being into it

This is basically the normal experience, after a bit the whiplash will be so exhausting you just don't give a poo poo anymore, at least that's how it went for me.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Well now that it's being scary I'm super into it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hate it when podcasts allude to things they were talking about but didn't include in the recording, Idle Thumbs does it all the loving time :argh:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man, that ice storm poo poo sounds insane :stare:

Around here we get hurricanes but it's never been anything that dire.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Massachusetts had a really horrific ice storm a few years ago that basically decapitated the entire state's power grid, tearing down entire street's worth of trees and power lines. There was no power across the majority of the state outside Boston for almost a week. It was pretty hosed! Naturally we'd gotten rid of our wood stove a few years prior because we never used it.

I'll never forget driving down the road to our house and seeing a sea of headlights coming the opposite way, 60+ National Grid utility trucks who had finally made it to our neighborhood to fix the power. It was like something straight out of a movie, the finale where the much-needed reinforcements/rescue team/whatever shows up practically with the sounds of angels heralding their arrival.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 18, 2014

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Catching up on podcasts today and I have to give double cool guy points to Matt for being the only person besides myself that remembers Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs The Third Reich. Irrational's best games. gently caress they were good and dumb and campy and good.

Dexie posted:

Hey Matt, you guys are totally right. de Blob was a super underrated game.

You guys should do a playthrough.

De Blob was my favorite secret game on the Wii. Afterward I met my friend that introduced me to Matt's Flophouse stuff and early 2BF and turns out he had worked for THQ QA at the time that was being put out and he tested on the game. Said that Blue Tongue was really really great and you could tell they cared about their game and loved it a lot because they went out of their way to fix everything. EVERYTHING. Even the dumb little nothing stuff. Shame what happened to them.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 18, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rodyle posted:

Man, that ice storm poo poo sounds insane :stare:

Around here we get hurricanes but it's never been anything that dire.

My parents were caught in the part of the storm that hit Niagara Falls when I was a wee tot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jesus. That really is some Silent Hill poo poo

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Make sure to listen to today's podcast! When Liam talks about his week, he mentions a really tragic thing that happened, and Pat says something so stupid and offensive it made me want to punch him. But I didn't really say anything. Bonus points to those who pinpoint it!

Its like a game!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh dear, I'm hoping it's nothing too bad :(

Actually something small I've been wondering about is how come the sw1tcher's youtube icon is just the two guys anyway? I figured it would of updated to something with all 4 guys in it seeing as it's expanded so much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that was pretty bad. He seemed to not really have anything to say and probably thought he was lightening the mood, but gently caress man.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That wasn't a very fun game Matt.

Kinda agreeing that it sounded like he was trying to joke about it and lighten things but MAN talk about whiffing it.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh dear, I'm hoping it's nothing too bad :(

Actually something small I've been wondering about is how come the sw1tcher's youtube icon is just the two guys anyway? I figured it would of updated to something with all 4 guys in it seeing as it's expanded so much.

Just something we haven't gotten around to yet. I think it should be updated, but facebook icons are small, but also have to be immediately recognizable, so I don't think we can jam 4 of us on there.

Any suggestions?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just make it Zach.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

Just something we haven't gotten around to yet. I think it should be updated, but facebook icons are small, but also have to be immediately recognizable, so I don't think we can jam 4 of us on there.

Any suggestions?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Just make it Zach.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Any suggestions?

Good point, would suggest pixel art (I have a friend who does some good rear end stuff) but not sure how viable that is, I'm a big dumb idiot who thinks sprites and stuff would suit a video game channel.

(You weren't the only one to call George a Blanka monster as a aside)

Edit: Zach would also own.

Edit 2: Does the group even have a logo? (Actually dumb question as there is one on the site)

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 18, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Matt, have you heard the news that Frieza ISN'T defeated?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Matt, have you heard the news that Frieza ISN'T defeated?

Are you loving with me.

If you're not I hope it's handled just like those budokai games on the ps2. I remember one of them having this weird boardgame thing and they kept running out of villains so they just revived Frieza like 20 times and each time was accompanied by "I'll do better this time for sure!"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are you loving with me.

If you're not I hope it's handled just like those budokai games on the ps2. I remember one of them having this weird boardgame thing and they kept running out of villains so they just revived Frieza like 20 times and each time was accompanied by "I'll do better this time for sure!"

Man, that poo poo was fun. They had voice acted pre-battle spiels and everything, telling the story of just how done Goku was getting with having to kill Freeza and Cell for the hundredth time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Will Goku be able to defeat Frieza this time? Find out in the all new movie, Dragon Ball Z: The Fall of Frieza!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, that was pretty bad. He seemed to not really have anything to say and probably thought he was lightening the mood, but gently caress man.

I guess I wasn't paying attention because I was playing video games with the podcast in the background so I missed it. What was it?

edit: Oh, on a re-listen I guess that does count as tragic, I guess I really wasn't paying attention. I like the awkward silence for a few seconds after Pat dropped the joke.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 19, 2014

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Man, that poo poo was fun. They had voice acted pre-battle spiels and everything, telling the story of just how done Goku was getting with having to kill Freeza and Cell for the hundredth time.

I'm so lost on what happened to the Dragon Ball Z games. How have they managed to gently caress things up so badly? One of the games has a loving rock, paper, scissors match in it so every clash is a toss-up on who wins! How do you do that?? How do you ruin something so badly!?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

I'm so lost on what happened to the Dragon Ball Z games. How have they managed to gently caress things up so badly? One of the games has a loving rock, paper, scissors match in it so every clash is a toss-up on who wins! How do you do that?? How do you ruin something so badly!?
for the record, the rock paper scissors mechanic was present in the game with the board game story mode (budokai 2)

never trust a nostalgic nerd

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was actually in Budokai 3 for Dragon Rushes which were almost never used because they were dumb to try and hit.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

Make sure to listen to today's podcast! When Liam talks about his week, he mentions a really tragic thing that happened, and Pat says something so stupid and offensive it made me want to punch him. But I didn't really say anything. Bonus points to those who pinpoint it!

Its like a game!

I'm 99% sure I found it and was more shocked with what tragedy happened with Liam than what Pat said. Still, dude needs an empathy filter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

quakster posted:

for the record, the rock paper scissors mechanic was present in the game with the board game story mode (budokai 2)

never trust a nostalgic nerd

It's so dumb that I didn't think that it could possibly be from an earlier game. Or that someone would actually look at that mechanic and think "Yeah, let's bring this back" :psyduck:

For the record, I've never had a Playstation though so this is just me wondering what happened after seeing Ultimate Tenkaichi and just being blown away how bad the combat was.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

Its like a game!

Wait a second are you THE Matt from 2 best friends!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Grouchio posted:

Wait a second are you THE Matt from 2 best friends!?

He is yes.