Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Xenoletum posted:

The free network was only meant for new subscribers. They've blatantly said this numerous times. You made the choice to purchase all 6 months at once, you get six months of service. This is how things work. You don't buy a year of PSN/Xbox Live and then yell at Microsoft because you only used 2 months of it, do you?

Edit: Paypal is now processing WWE Payments as eChecks, meaning unless you explicitly cancel, leaving your account low on funds or attaching a junk card will not cancel the sub. Instead you'll eat an overdraft fee.
Anyone who subscribed for 6 months but are paying month-by-month are able to opt out, but anyone who just bought it in the chunk are completely stuck with the service until the end and don't get offered refunds or anything. Plus at least XBox Live and PSN attempt to give you good customer service, the WWE Network is loving garbage that's been contracted out to people who very barely speak English and are no goddamn help whatsoever even when you're telling them exactly what the issue is and how to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Astro7x posted:

I'm not a fan of Wrestlemania matches that are clearly a way to get everyone on the card so they get a WM payday.

Seeing Zach Rider get thrown over the top rope of a battle royal, or Eva Marie throw a single punch and spend the rest of the match on the ground of an all divas invitational really does nothing for me if that time can be filled with a great 1 on 1 match.

I kind of agree with you as far as match quality goes but for some of these people this is the only real PPV payoff they'll get all year and I'd hate to see that taken away.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
So are Canadians who don't have cable just kind of hosed, or did I miss something?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I really like the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale and I generally hate battle royales. It was good pacing, told a fun story, and getting to see Cesaro win the way he did was great. It's a shame what happened afterward, but that's really the fault of Vince McMahon's ADHD and doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the match at the time.

The Divas Invitational, on the other hand, was complete garbage.

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 18, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

revtoiletduck posted:

So are Canadians who don't have cable just kind of hosed, or did I miss something?

Nope, we're hosed unless you want to use a VPN to get the US Network.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Xenoletum posted:

The free network was only meant for new subscribers. They've blatantly said this numerous times. You made the choice to purchase all 6 months at once, you get six months of service. This is how things work. You don't buy a year of PSN/Xbox Live and then yell at Microsoft because you only used 2 months of it, do you?

Edit: Paypal is now processing WWE Payments as eChecks, meaning unless you explicitly cancel, leaving your account low on funds or attaching a junk card will not cancel the sub. Instead you'll eat an overdraft fee.

It's totally not the same thing though, he has a point... he's stupid for prepaying for the entire 6 months up front, but it's not his fault for not knowing they were going to go month-to-month so quickly within the first year, and be retroactive for existing subscriptions. You should be abel to get a credit card statement credit for remaining months.

And for those complaining about not getting November free, sorry, but that's sort of what happens when you are an early adopter. These services typically give you one free trial, and they've already offered a couple of them so far. You certainly don't think that you can keep canceling and resubscribing to Netflix and get a 2 week free trial each time, right?

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

triplexpac posted:

I'd be open to that if it works. I already use one with Netflix and NHL Gamecenter.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

revtoiletduck posted:

I'd be open to that if it works. I already use one with Netflix and NHL Gamecenter.

It does for many of us :canada: goons! Give it a try this month while it's HASHTAG FreeFreeFree.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

revtoiletduck posted:

Yeah it totally works, I've been using Unblock US with the Network since it started.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

I'm sort of in the same boat, in that I bought the network out of the gate. I'm still not very upset — the Network has mostly met my expectations for wrestling content, and at the price it's still a terrific bargain for me. That being said, if you think that the WWE hasn't handled this in pretty much the worst way possible when it comes to its most loyal fans, I don't know what to tell you. This launch was botched on almost every level, and the desperation plays they're making now to get their subscriber numbers alienate the existing subscribers. It broadcasts a pretty clear message that once you subscribe WWE is done thinking about you, which, honestly, is exactly the wrong sort of strategy for something that is billed month-to-month. Between that and the continued sluggish pace of new content being added, I wouldn't be surprised if they saw a lot of cancellations once the lock-up period is done.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Astro7x posted:

It's totally not the same thing though, he has a point... he's stupid for prepaying for the entire 6 months up front, but it's not his fault for not knowing they were going to go month-to-month so quickly within the first year, and be retroactive for existing subscriptions. You should be abel to get a credit card statement credit for remaining months.

And for those complaining about not getting November free, sorry, but that's sort of what happens when you are an early adopter. These services typically give you one free trial, and they've already offered a couple of them so far. You certainly don't think that you can keep canceling and resubscribing to Netflix and get a 2 week free trial each time, right?

I actually did that with netflix for like a year.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it totally works, I've been using Unblock US with the Network since it started.

I'm not Canadian, but I use Hola with mlb.tv, BBC, and ITV, and it works fine and has the advantage of being totally free.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

I'm not Canadian, but I use Hola with mlb.tv, BBC, and ITV, and it works fine and has the advantage of being totally free.

I use Hola and pay the five bucks for it. The premium service seems to play nicer with the Network for me.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

triplexpac posted:

Excellent. Unblock US is what I already use. I take you sign up using a US address and pay with paypal?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

the watchlist feature is now available via computer for the Network

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Also resume feature.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

the watchlist feature is now available via computer for the Network

YES.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Also resume feature.

DOUBLE YES.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan posted:

Also resume feature.

loving finally.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm glad the real network is finally launching after we paid to beta test it for them for nine months.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

triplexpac posted:

I really need to stop procrastinating and figure out this VPN bullshit. Canada isn't likely to get any less lovely about these things with Rogers/Shaw/Bell/Telus running everything.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

BGrifter posted:

I really need to stop procrastinating and figure out this VPN bullshit. Canada isn't likely to get any less lovely about these things with Rogers/Shaw/Bell/Telus running everything.

There are free alternatives that have been mentioned (like Hola) but personally I've had no problems with Unblock US. I like Unblock because you set it at the router level, so it works with any device on your wifi. Phones, laptops, tablets, whatever, it will all work and show whatever region's Netflix you want.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
From watching Judgment Day 2000 to Fully Loaded 2000 I totally forgot how long T and A was a tag team, also how loving over Lita was. I also must have blocked out the sheer amount of male on female violence :stare:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

OldTennisCourt posted:

From watching Judgment Day 2000 to Fully Loaded 2000 I totally forgot how long T and A was a tag team, also how loving over Lita was. I also must have blocked out the sheer amount of male on female violence :stare:

The worst is the face male on heel female violence, with the crowd & announcers cheering them on

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

The worst is the face male on heel female violence, with the crowd & announcers cheering them on

JR's seething hatred of heel females comes very close to eclipsing King in his worst moments. I mean in the 3 PPVs I've seen so far I've seen: Dudley's being cheered as heroes for smashing a woman through a table, Jericho forcibly kissing Stephanie and getting a huge pop, Bubba Ray nearly shoving his tongue all over a woman's face, JR using the term jezebel like 600 times and just straight up calling Trish a bitch, Albert throwing Lita around and Undertaker getting a mega pop for nearly chokeslamming Stephanie.

Holy poo poo WWF.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

The Attitude Era was a dark time for gender issues in wrestling. But you could argue that at least the women who could wrestle were allowed to do so.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Maybe I'm weird, but within the context of wrestling it doesn't bother me too much. In more realistic settings, seeing a guy hit his girlfriend is pretty uncomfortable, but wrestling is fake enough that seeing Stephanie Mcmahon take a rock bottom or something doesn't bug me. The Two-Man Power Trip beating Lita with a chair may have been pushing it.

I could do without some of the poo poo the commentators say, though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I guess my thinking is that whatever 1 v 1 lower midcard match they throw in there instead of a battle royal won't be very good. So I'd rather it be some kind of multi-man affair than yet another midcard 1 on 1 match in a 4 hour show.

Edit: Oh yeah, I watched that Entrance Theme documentary the other day. Can't believe they didn't include Real American but I guess it was done at a time when they hated Hogan for being in TNA or something.

Also no Bret Hart made me sad :smith:

They could do something novel like pay the people guaranteed money and not this dumb carny system that requires ten guys to show up to do one bump apiece or otherwise "Oh well I guess we can't pay you."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

They could do something novel like pay the people guaranteed money and not this dumb carny system that requires ten guys to show up to do one bump apiece or otherwise "Oh well I guess we can't pay you."

I wasn't really speaking to how WWE divides the Mania paydays, I was just saying that having a random multi-man match makes the card pacing better for me, since the rest is pretty much 1v1 matches.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

I wasn't really speaking to how WWE divides the Mania paydays, I was just saying that having a random multi-man match makes the card pacing better for me, since the rest is pretty much 1v1 matches.

Did you see Wrestlemania 2000? It's all multi-man matches.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Did you see Wrestlemania 2000? It's all multi-man matches.

It's also a really bad show

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's also a really bad show

It has two good matches slathered in what feels like 37 hours of nut-stompingly bad wrestling and booking.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Red posted:

It has two good matches slathered in what feels like 37 hours of nut-stompingly bad wrestling and booking.

The hardcore match being completely hosed up and then Hardcore subsequently calling Cole a shithead on air with JR calling him a "classless individual" are also funny as gently caress but not in a good way.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

triplexpac posted:

There are free alternatives that have been mentioned (like Hola) but personally I've had no problems with Unblock US. I like Unblock because you set it at the router level, so it works with any device on your wifi. Phones, laptops, tablets, whatever, it will all work and show whatever region's Netflix you want.

Yeah that looks pretty simple and it's nice you can do it at the router level, being able to use my Apple TV for the network/American Netflix is very appealing. I think I read they're unbundling HBO Go from a cable subscription in the states too, would be fantastic if I could buy that outright.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

The hardcore match being completely hosed up and then Hardcore subsequently calling Cole a shithead on air with JR calling him a "classless individual" are also funny as gently caress but not in a good way.

Other than the TLC, Wrestlemania 16 is a pretty good episode of Raw. Then Backlash finally had the Wrestlemania 16 main event.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Other than the TLC, Wrestlemania 16 is a pretty good episode of Raw. Then Backlash finally had the Wrestlemania 16 main event.

Judgment Day was pretty great too. Then King of the Ring was worse than Wrestlemania 2000 by having the most obvious King of the Ring winner ever and a...Hardcore Evening Gown Match.

My only comments for Fully Loaded 2000 so far is it has possibly the worst Titantron setup. Who the gently caress thought flashing the card for two matches for the entire show on huge screens next to the main screen was a good idea?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
The year 2000 had a lot of really good WWF PPVs. Odd that the flagship show was so lackluster.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Wrestlemania 2000 was the first wrestlemania season I experienced as a new WWF fan. I got into wrestling in 1996 when my brother showed me Nitro and watched Saturday Night with my grandma, but never got into WWF until 2000 for some reason. Though I do remember my brother showing me Undertaker and Kane breaking Vince's leg.

In late '99, Wrestlemania 2000 came out and I rented it. I loved it. For Christmas, I got the "Best of Raw Volume 1" VHS. Those two things made me want to watch the show. So I came in when Mankind was basically playing top babyface. WWF LiveWire was a recap show on Saturday mornings on USA, and I'd try to catch it at least once a week to stay on top of things, and I'd watch Raw when I could.

With Foley playing top face, I so badly wanted him to beat that piece of poo poo Triple H. He kept failing. Then he lost his retirement match and I almost gave up on wrestling. The Rock was cool, but he didn't have the great matches Foley had. When Linda came back and added Foley to the Mania match, I was beyond hyped.

I couldn't buy the PPV because my parents wouldn't let me, but I did wait excitedly for the next Raw when surely Mick Foley would rise above it all and finally beat that dastardly Triple H and claim the title that was rightfully his. I didn't have the internet to check who won and none of my friends were watching at the time.

What I'm saying is Wrestlemania 2000 sucked. But The Rock became the coolest thing ever afterward.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baby Babbeh posted:

The Attitude Era was a dark time for gender issues in wrestling. But you could argue that at least the women who could wrestle were allowed to do so.

There were pretty much zero women who could wrestle during the Attitude era. The women who could (or sort of could) came after except for Lita who sort of could.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Both the Watchlist and the Resume functions work beautifully. It's neat that you seem to be able to add a whole series (I guess like all of Countdown or all of Nitro) to your list at once, but I haven't tried that part yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Both the Watchlist and the Resume functions work beautifully. It's neat that you seem to be able to add a whole series (I guess like all of Countdown or all of Nitro) to your list at once, but I haven't tried that part yet.

Yeah, if you add the whole series of Nitro and Hardcore TV, then the Watchlist menu just pops up a link to each of them. It's just like browsing the Network normally, but with the list cut down to what interests you. You can go in and search by year, but it doesn't seem to do any sort of "play next" feature...