Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Hmm, we moved from 10 GB to 30 GB when they had the promotion, but we really would be fine with 15 GB, and it's $30 cheaper than 30 GB.

Argh, they also have a $150 promotion if you transfer a new smartphone line, which we did just yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Hmmmm, I have a 10GB plan, but when I go online 15GB is not shown as an option. I can go down to 6GB or up to 30GB (for $30 more). Anyone have any ideas?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

15 GB for 10 GB price starts Tuesday. 30 GB for 15 GB price is an existing promotion. So no 15 GB plan today.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Ha, I am an idiot. Thanks.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

How long is the $150 credit for porting a line good for? I'm trying to move my cousin from some $40/mo Walmart service to a $15/mo line on my plan. Even with a Moto G on next, she's saving ~$15/mo.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
I asked a few days ago about why I'm not getting a discount for my out-of-contract line, the answer was I'm not on the new mobileshare value.

I just changed it to that on the website and it shows both of my lines, even the one in contract until feb are $15 each. I was expecting $40 for the in-contract one? I don't want to call and ask and them be all like "oops our mistake, changing it to $40 for you".

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
If your contract was from before February 2014 (?) then you get a discount on it matching what a Next phone plan would when you switch to the mobile share plans.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I was really hoping for this, I was almost tempted to do the 30 GB plan but I just couldn't justify the expense when it's hard for me to use 10 GB, 15 is just extra icing to just be wasteful with data.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Hmm. I had the 10gig plan, but scooped up the 15-->30gig a few weeks back. Don't really need that much but planned on being reckless with tethering. Haven't used more than 12 gigs yet (with heavy tethering).

Can I just switch back to the 10gig and get 15 gigs? That would save me $30 a month and 15 really is enough...

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Well, you can switch to 10 GB today, and that will probably show as 15 GB tomorrow, so...

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

smackfu posted:

Well, you can switch to 10 GB today, and that will probably show as 15 GB tomorrow, so...

Pretty sure you have to switch your plan to a 15 GB plan tomorrow at the same cost as the current 10 GB plan. Why give people people free data indefinitely that they didn't care enough about to ask for now when you can maybe sell them on a more expensive plan after the promo is over because they didn't upgrade.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
I'm also in the "I upgraded to 15GB to get 30GB and now realize I would probably be fine with just 15GB" club. I'll go talk to the AT&T store close to me on Wednesday and come back with a trip report.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I've been on the 4 GB plan forever, I was going to get on the 6 because I was going over way to often out of my own stupidity but it basically cost the same to go on the 10 as I was paying already with my stupid overages so 10 was like, be stupid with data, pull up you Slingbox whenever just because. 15 is just awesome, for just one person I think it is the perfect balance between not spending a gently caress ton of money and never, ever worrying about data overages.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

If you are on the 30 GB plan, the 15 GB plan should now show up as something to switch to. And the 10 GB plan does not.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
If I switch to the 15GB plan from the 10GB plan, will AT&T raise the price on me later and then discontinue the 10GB plan? Is this just a way to get people onto more expensive plans?

I'm scared by the whole "limited time" part.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

echobucket posted:

If I switch to the 15GB plan from the 10GB plan, will AT&T raise the price on me later and then discontinue the 10GB plan? Is this just a way to get people onto more expensive plans?

I'm scared by the whole "limited time" part.

Same here.

I'd love to get more data, but don't want to get hit with a large increase in cost three months from now without any way to back out.

Especially since this is technically my GF's line and I didn't tell her I'm planing to up the data...because if there's no cost increase, who needs to know but me? All the data for me!!! :getin:)

(Considering before I got on the plan, her, her brother, and her mom used less than 5GB on average in a month, I don't think they'll care if thret

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The fine print says:

quote:

15GB Plan: Limited-time plan offer. Must sign up for or request to sign up for this promotional Mobile Share ValueSM plan. Select locations. Customers may remain on their promo plan after offer expires. Changes: After offer period ends, if you change your data amount, you will lose the promotional plan and standard Mobile Share Value data allotments and pricing will apply.

I understand being paranoid, but I don't really think AT&T is in a position where they can say, "we don't have a $100 family plan."

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

AT&T's online system seems to be getting crushed to death right now, but I do see the 15GB plan as an option.

Store people, I'm assuming you guys don't make any $$$ if I switch from 10-15GB in a store?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Another question for store people: when we signed up for a plan this weekend, there was a 30 week version of Next. What's up with that?

Nevermind, 10 seconds of Googling shows it's called Next 24:
http://about.att.com/story/att_gives_wireless_customers_one_more_way_to_save_with_att_next_24.html

Not a bad idea, really. Especially if you are buying an iPhone halfway through a release cycle.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I bought the Nexus 6 on Next 24. My wife will murder me if I try to get a new phone (as long as the Nexus 6 isn't broken) earlier than that anyway so it works out

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
I am on the 10GB plan, but going to AT&T's website it only gives me the option of going down to 6GB or up to 30GB or higher... it says there is new pricing for the 15GB plan but nowhere for me to actually change to it. Do I have to go to a store to do this?

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010

Celador posted:

I am on the 10GB plan, but going to AT&T's website it only gives me the option of going down to 6GB or up to 30GB or higher... it says there is new pricing for the 15GB plan but nowhere for me to actually change to it. Do I have to go to a store to do this?

Worked for me on the website. Under the Overview tab look down at the Group Shared Usage box, click "Change Rate Plan". It will have your current plan on the left (10 GB for me), and then what you want to change to on the right, by default it was comparing me to the 15 GB plan. Down one was 6 GB, and up one was 30 GB. From there just keep clicking continue until your plan is changed. You'll get a confirmation email.

Raimondo fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 18, 2014

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Mine says current plan is 10GB, and the "Compare to" on the right defaults to 30GB. Clicking it down jumps to 6GB and back up goes to 30GB. It totally skips any 15GB option for me.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Celador posted:

Mine says current plan is 10GB, and the "Compare to" on the right defaults to 30GB. Clicking it down jumps to 6GB and back up goes to 30GB. It totally skips any 15GB option for me.

Yeah, mine is now doing the same thing. :(

EDIT: Logged out and logged back in and it somehow worked, so yay I guess, 5 free gigs.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 18, 2014

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Maneki Neko posted:

AT&T's online system seems to be getting crushed to death right now, but I do see the 15GB plan as an option.

Store people, I'm assuming you guys don't make any $$$ if I switch from 10-15GB in a store?

Appreciate the thought. Unfortunately it's a liability so while we actually do make good money from plan changes, it isn't worth the job risk of doing over the phone. Unless you are buying a digital life system.

Funny that the systems got slammed, my store (heavy mall traffic) was slow as hell today. But to confirm: ATTS is extremely good at grandfathering overall, so anyone who gets the 15GB plan can keep it until they elect to switch away.

Interesting thing: ATTS Go Phone plans now throttle. So the $60 plan gives you 2.5GB of data and unlimited 2G speeds after that. So that is a really encouraging trend if you ask me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I got my iPhone 6 in October so I should be eligible for the $200 trade in. Wasn't I supposed to get an email about this? Can I do it at an ATT store?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Christoff posted:

I got my iPhone 6 in October so I should be eligible for the $200 trade in. Wasn't I supposed to get an email about this? Can I do it at an ATT store?

Yeah you're fine, go to any ATT store. I assume you have a 5.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
OK, looking for a little guidance here. I have a mobile share value plan and my father is on it with a 2013 motox. He has the phone insurance. He is traveling in Brazil and his phone was stolen.

What's my course of action? (I am the master account holder). Customer service to report it stolen? Or is there a better number?

Any way to tell what phone I will get from asuron seeing as the 2013 x is discontinued? I assume any phone I get from them will be SIM locked, can I unlock it? He was not on contract or next.

Thanks.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

emocrat posted:

OK, looking for a little guidance here. I have a mobile share value plan and my father is on it with a 2013 motox. He has the phone insurance. He is traveling in Brazil and his phone was stolen.

What's my course of action? (I am the master account holder). Customer service to report it stolen? Or is there a better number?

Any way to tell what phone I will get from asuron seeing as the 2013 x is discontinued? I assume any phone I get from them will be SIM locked, can I unlock it? He was not on contract or next.

Thanks.

Call customer service to report it stolen. Go to phoneclaim.com to file a claim. They probably will give you another Moto X first gen, it isn't that old yet and I would bet they have decent inventory. I would imagine you can file to get it unlocked then.

On another note: if anyone here wants to purchase a 6+ 64GB, AT&T is not even guaranteeing they will arrive by Christmas now.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

"It's not the size of the tower. It's the motion of the airwaves."
Lipstick Apathy

Duckman2008 posted:

On another note: if anyone here wants to purchase a 6+ 64GB, AT&T is not even guaranteeing they will arrive by Christmas now.

Already had a customer yell at me over that.

Yes, I control the global shortage of 64gb 6+'s and I purposefully wants your 13 year old to not get it for Christmas.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Beefstorm posted:

Yes, I control the global shortage of 64gb 6+'s and I purposefully wants your 13 year old to not get it for Christmas.

You are evil, man.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beefstorm posted:

Already had a customer yell at me over that.

He who controls the gigantic iPhones, controls the universe.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah you're fine, go to any ATT store. I assume you have a 5.

I just called to double check and she said I could but the credit could only be used for in store purchases like accessories and such and I asked her 3 different ways if I could use it to pay my bill and she said no?

-edit nvm called another store and they confirmed

Also used chat to try to get my upgrade fee waived. They mentioned at&T next and the no upgrade fees but regardless they only waived half and last time they waived the whole thing. Better than nothing I guess

- last edit. Painlessly turned in my old phone and got $200 credit towards my bills. Easy peasy.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 20, 2014

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

Raimondo posted:

Worked for me on the website. Under the Overview tab look down at the Group Shared Usage box, click "Change Rate Plan". It will have your current plan on the left (10 GB for me), and then what you want to change to on the right, by default it was comparing me to the 15 GB plan. Down one was 6 GB, and up one was 30 GB. From there just keep clicking continue until your plan is changed. You'll get a confirmation email.

So no downside to this, it's just a competitive freebee that you have to manually ask for to switch?

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Christoff posted:

I just called to double check and she said I could but the credit could only be used for in store purchases like accessories and such and I asked her 3 different ways if I could use it to pay my bill and she said no?

Corporate stores get the card that's good in-store or on your bill.

Third-party stores get the lovely "hope you want $200 of Otterboxes and car chargers" card.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

They were both corporate actually!

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010

OldPueblo posted:

So no downside to this, it's just a competitive freebee that you have to manually ask for to switch?

As far as I can tell it was a completely free upgrade. I haven't gotten my bill yet, so I don't know if there's some secret hidden charge for switching.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

OldPueblo posted:

My guess is that the goal is to get more lines on these shared data plans. If you have 15 GB instead of 10 GB, maybe you let your brother join, and AT&T gets $15 a month more.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

My guess is that the goal is to get more lines on these shared data plans. If you have 15 GB instead of 10 GB, maybe you let your brother join, and AT&T gets $15 a month more.

We were also probably losing customers to Sprints bajillion data plan, so it keeps customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwank
Nov 12, 2007

GUYS I DON'T SEE THE BIG DEAL HERE. WHY IS EVERYONE MAKING A FUSS OVER THIS????
:derp: :derp: :derp:

Duckman2008 posted:

We were also probably losing customers to Sprints bajillion data plan, so it keeps customers.

I sitting in on a conference call with Leanne Preibe about a week ago where she was cutting up on Sprint. I can pretty safely say that at least from the customer care side of things the Powers That Be aren't worried about Sprint.

They talk about T-Mobile, though, like an ex that started dating the quarterback.