Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I never said that he didn't keep it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I, for one, am actually really excited for Freeza. Regardless if he's funny or an actual threat.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Isn't that red aura around Freeza similar looking to the red one Goku had while in god mode? God Freeza, or refight with Bills where Goku rocks his poo poo, or both, or neither.

Fan boy speculation is fun.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

freeza is actually on the side of the z fighters the true evil has yet to be revealed

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know what'd be fantastic? If Frieza was revived and spent the rest of the series trying to kill every bad guy stronger than him to prove he was the evilest in the universe, causing everyone to mistake him for a good guy. And then he just never bothers to correct them, because good PR never hurt anyone. :allears:

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Freeza got the same chance to receive Goku's mercy. He spat in Goku's face. Twice. It'd be weird for him to do a face turn now.

Not to mention he committed planetary genocide at least twice.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 18, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, he'd basically be in the same position Vegeta was in the Frieza Saga. It'd just probably be funnier because Toriyama got his humor gland fixed between the end of Z and Battle of Gods.

Early Vegeta was also a total dick, yeah, but I always saw him as lower on the evil scale. Vegeta loved battle. He lacked morals, yes, but his real motivation was the same as Goku's. Freeza just wanted to rule and murder.

Admittedly, a lot of Vegeta's more human elements came after Toriyama decided to keep him, but then Freeza got the same chance to receive Goku's mercy. He spat in Goku's face. Twice. It'd be weird for him to do a face turn now.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know what'd be fantastic? If Frieza was revived and spent the rest of the series trying to kill every bad guy stronger than him to prove he was the evilest in the universe, causing everyone to mistake him for a good guy. And then he just never bothers to correct them, because good PR never hurt anyone. :allears:

This, I'd like.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I hope Kureeza is involved somehow

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

freeza and launch will be welcoming their first child at the end of the movie

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

oknope posted:

freeza and launch will be welcoming their first child at the end of the movie

Seems unlikely. Here's a 1200 word essay explaining why:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh wow that song that got posted is the same one TFS used for the Freeza scouter bit.

Did not know that. This Abridge series continues to surprise me. :v:

edit: I can see that. I mean crying out loud Goku befriended Buu!

And Buu took out a whole planet. If Buu can be be befriended, so can Freeza. :colbert:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 18, 2014

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Goku is pretty much the only hero who I could see giving Freeza a second chance, he gave one to Piccolo and Vegeta afterall. I just want to hear that conversation.

"Wait, you want to be my friend?"
"Yup"
"You know I murdered a child once, right?"
"Yeah"
"And blew up your best friend."
"Uh huh"
"And destroyed your home planet, killing billions.
"Yuppers"
"Infact, I've ordered genocides on hundreds, if not thousands, of planets!"
"Eh, that was just boys being boys!" :downs:
"...I don't have to live with Vegeta do I?"

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rhonne posted:

Goku is pretty much the only hero who I could see giving Freeza a second chance, he gave one to Piccolo and Vegeta afterall. I just want to hear that conversation.

"Wait, you want to be my friend?"
"Yup"
"You know I murdered a child once, right?"
"Yeah"
"And blew up your best friend."
"Uh huh"
"And destroyed your home planet, killing billions.
"Yuppers"
"Infact, I've ordered genocides on hundreds, if not thousands, of planets!"
"Eh, that was just boys being boys!" :downs:
"...I don't have to live with Vegeta do I?"

And then Freeza and Vegeta do the Bingo Song together. :allears:

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna be a boring nerd and hope that Freeza gets to be a credible threat for at least a portion of the movie. I likes me some Freeza :)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

We all know this movie is going to have Pan beat up freeza. :colbert:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hope freeza becomes great saiyaman's villain

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I've always suspected that Whis might be, you know. God-God. As such, he's probably the one who gave Beerus his powers in the first place. Maybe he senses that Beerus is getting too soft for the job and, oh hey, it just so happens that the next best guy for the job just got revived. How handy.

It's the only thing that makes sense if this is meant to be a more action-oriented flick. There are literally no other possibilities. None. Don't even try to think of one. I'm serious!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That actually sounds like a pretty plausible plot.

Frieza's goons wish him back to life, but he's too weak and ineffectual to do much to fight the Z-Fighters. Meanwhile, Beerus is just being a lazy poo poo and Whis decides to find a better God of Destruction. So he gives powers to Frieza, who seems to have an intense desire to destroy and now Goku has to beat Frieza with Beerus' god powers.

Which makes for a pretty decent hook, since Goku wasn't able to beat Beerus in Battle of the Gods, so you'd have to wonder if Goku would beat Frieza or if Whis would just take his powers away.

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012
I was thinking the plot might be that Frieza finally decided to learn what "training" was in hell and learned from some evil Kai-type guy and ends up a lot stronger that way. You know, a Dragonball Z plot that Cell never abused. Goku's new logo on his gi could either be from learning from Bills/Whis or, if the movie is more comedic anyway, maybe they go on an adventure in hell to find the guy who taught Frieza whatever unstoppable super move the movie makes a big deal out of. Because if there's one thing the series loves, it's quirky wacky mentor figures.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

oknope posted:

i hope freeza becomes great saiyaman's villain

I hope they finally reveal that Great Saiyaman was Future Trunks from yet another dimension

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Villains don't get bodies in hell; it was Toriyama's way of getting around "well this guy would just take over the afterlife," or, in the case of Cell, "this guy would just teleport out."

Now I'm going to be so disappointed if the movie isn't just Freeza constantly getting beat up, and it ending with him hanging out with Satan or something or singing bingo songs.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Darko posted:

Villains don't get bodies in hell; it was Toriyama's way of getting around "well this guy would just take over the afterlife,"

He should've told the anime team about that.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Darko posted:

Villains don't get bodies in hell; it was Toriyama's way of getting around "well this guy would just take over the afterlife," or, in the case of Cell, "this guy would just teleport out."

Now I'm going to be so disappointed if the movie isn't just Freeza constantly getting beat up, and it ending with him hanging out with Satan or something or singing bingo songs.

It's not just villains, it's most people. Goku (and his pals presumably) , had to get special permission.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

It's not just villains, it's most people. Goku (and his pals presumably) , had to get special permission.

Didn't Kami specifically ask that big red dude for permission?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Flytrap posted:

Didn't Kami specifically ask that big red dude for permission?

There's a pretty big plot hole there as well. I remember Goku's body disappearing after he died being a big deal, as it meant his body was being taken to heaven or something. That never came up again with any of the others who died, and I'm not about to get into the Ginyu Force.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That actually sounds like a pretty plausible plot.

No it's not, Whis is not characterized in any way as being dissatisfied with how his life is. He's actually the more patient of the two while Beerus is the one ready to lose his poo poo over silly stuff. Making Whis into this vindictive rear end in a top hat because Beerus isn't blowing up solar systems legit goes against his character that Battle of Gods established.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like that they're bringing back a previous villain and also involving the antagonists of the last movie. I didn't really care for the movies where they introduce a super bad guy we've never heard of and then he gets punched to death at the end by Goku and we never hear of him again.

This movie thing they're doing now feels more like it's following a continuity and we all know who Frieza is so they dont have to waste time building him up

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Beef Waifu posted:

No it's not, Whis is not characterized in any way as being dissatisfied with how his life is. He's actually the more patient of the two while Beerus is the one ready to lose his poo poo over silly stuff. Making Whis into this vindictive rear end in a top hat because Beerus isn't blowing up solar systems legit goes against his character that Battle of Gods established.

If Whis is actually the creator of the universe it doesn't have to be vindictive at all. Just his way to keep the trains running on time, you know? I could totally be way off the mark, though.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He should've told the anime team about that.

Toei doesn't care about continuity and just makes up poo poo all of the time (and that's where most of the plotholes come from).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Watch it be retconned that goku and frieza were tapping into godpower during their battle on namek and both of them were actually stronger than most of the buu saga cast.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I like it how the general consensus for the movie is 'what, seriously? THAT guy? He's the big bad?'

Frieza's become the running joke of the series, and all his credibility as a threat was washed aside with Goku's comment about how he 'wasn't a very good fight' in that dumb special they did years ago.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yo Goku was also quite good. Just everyone, chilling together, having a party. In fact, that's what the series should be from here on out. Having a party, Freeza shows up, Yamcha, Chauzu, Oolong, Puar, and Lunch team up to stop him. All friends at the end. Having a party, Cell shows up, Buu and he argue a bunch, 17 and 18 punch him in the face, all friends at the end.

Darko fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 18, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'd be fine with that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, does anyone else think Freeza's aura looks kind of like God Goku's?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It was a build up for a new form of Goku's that ultimately lost. If I wanted that, I could just watch SSJ3 be ineffectual in the Majin Buu Arc.

Except the focus of the movie is not about the fighting but the comedy? Which is excellent?

quote:

Oh no. They're going to make Frieza a joke again, aren't they? :smith:

Whether they go Freeza being a legitimate threat or completely not a threat it will be excellent I am sure.

Zzulu posted:

turns out frieza never trained in his life and now he's going to have a training montage and become 1000% stronger

I always assumed that he never trained and was just super strong as a default, similar to Supreme Kai. It'd be neat if that was confirmed and he did training in HFIL.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

1st Act: Freeza is revived via the dragon balls. Is so hilariously outclassed even Yamcha and Krillen end up taking pot shots at him. Goku sits at a table eating a bowl of noodles while his B-Team easily chumps the most powerful tyrant in the universe.

2nd Act: Freeza discovers the god mode button and presses it. Suddenly the Saiyans have to start doing things.

3rd Act: Goku needs a pee break, allowing Gohan to finish off Freeza. The movie ends with Vegeta deciding to grow a mustache, thus making his Ron Swanson-stache the last canon thing that happens in the DBZ universe.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

1st Act: Freeza is revived via the dragon balls. Is so hilariously outclassed even Yamcha and Krillen end up taking pot shots at him. Goku sits at a table eating a bowl of noodles while his B-Team easily chumps the most powerful tyrant in the universe.

2nd Act: Freeza discovers the god mode button and presses it. Suddenly the Saiyans have to start doing things.

3rd Act: Goku needs a pee break, allowing Gohan to finish off Freeza. The movie ends with Vegeta deciding to grow a mustache, thus making his Ron Swanson-stache the last canon thing that happens in the DBZ universe.

I still really want Vegeta to get his licks in, though. Motherfucker exterminated his race which he took immense pride in, and humiliated him utterly on Namek. I want Freeza to cry like a bitch after Vegeta is done with him.

"When you see your family in Hell, I want you to say... 'Like a bitch.'"

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Freeza is revived but then has to face his ultimate challenge... Earth driving school.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Goku did say that the next time somebody needed the god powers it would be Vegeta's turn.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Lord of Pie posted:

Freeza is revived but then has to face his ultimate challenge... Earth driving school.

I'd watch a whole movie about the DBZ cast trying to do normal things. I want to see Goku attempting to file taxes or Vegeta going to the bank to take out a loan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

"When you see your family in Hell, I want you to say... 'Like a bitch.'"

Was that line a callback to something? It went over my head when I watched it if it was

• Locked thread