Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Work had a group buy so I got:

WSM 22.5

One Touch Gold 22.5

and covers for the OTG and an older Genesis Silver B.

Gonna grill the gently caress out of poo poo because fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:
What do the point values mean blanket goons?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My wool socks are awesome so I imagine a blanket would be tits. Shame I live in Texas where it gets cold for maybe 30 days out the year

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Nephzinho posted:

Getting cold out and my dog won't eat enough food to put on a few warmth pounds, got the handsome little bastard a coat nicer than mine:

Scrolling down the thumbnail makes this look like a dong warmer.

I hope your wiener dog stays warm this winter.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

(Instead, I bought a bunch of old roadmaps and a vintage Boy Scout manual for various Christmas presents. I don't have pictures of any of them so you have to use your imagination.)

Wow, those are some nice maps.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
PYF Recent Purchases: Please, don't blanket-shame.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
I could tell you stories about blanket's shame.

Terrible stories.

Terrible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThaShaneTrain posted:

What do the point values mean blanket goons?

It's size.

So they didn't have to unfold them and let all the smallpox fall out when they traded.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

LTBS posted:

WSM 22.5

One Touch Gold 22.5

and covers for the OTG and an older Genesis Silver B.

Gonna grill the gently caress out of poo poo because fire.

Nice purchase. Come join us in here.

E: Actually I see you are already in there. Everyone else come join in.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Trastion posted:

E: Actually I see you are already in there. Everyone else come join in.

Are fish-smokers welcome too?

Camerons mini stovetop smoker

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

http://www.billywolfnyc.com/

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

LTBS posted:

Nice looking android.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Android 6.0 Mesquite.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

spog posted:

That looks like you couldn't take her nagging any more and finally snapped.

Yes, they were delicious, thank you for asking! :ssh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hudsons are nice but if you like something stiffer, go for a Pendelton. They trap heat like some space age polymer (or, you know, wool) but is a bit itchy.

gently caress. Don't leave tabs open.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nexus 6 finally available for Canucks

Being forced into the touchwiz browser to buy from Google play and then have to go through about four different apps to put the pic on imgur is why I am done with Samsung phones, despite the Note 4 looking technically superior.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just picked this up.

GTA 5 for PS4

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I bought a Moto 360 a few days ago and I should get it by end of day today. I got an open-box one for forty bucks off the original price. I'm crossing my fingers that it was simply returned because someone changed their mind and wasn't a display model because I'm pretty sure the batteries in those are totally shot from charging literally all the time.

Whatever the case, even though the insides are a little less powerful than other models, the 360 is the most attractive smartwatch out right now imo.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

CrackSpider posted:

totally shot from charging literally all the time.

I'm fairly certain being on the charger all the time has no affect on battery cycles.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CrackSpider posted:

I bought a Moto 360 a few days ago and I should get it by end of day today. I got an open-box one for forty bucks off the original price. I'm crossing my fingers that it was simply returned because someone changed their mind and wasn't a display model because I'm pretty sure the batteries in those are totally shot from charging literally all the time.

Whatever the case, even though the insides are a little less powerful than other models, the 360 is the most attractive smartwatch out right now imo.

Even if you don't like it, you can sell it to a poor not-American for a profit. I just got $325 US for mine, with some damage.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Pukestain Pal posted:

I'm fairly certain being on the charger all the time has no affect on battery cycles.

Is that so? That used to not be the case -- if your device was plugged in beyond being fully charged for too long it damaged the battery -- but perhaps I'm just not up-to-date on how battery technology has changed :blush: I guess those fears from days long past are still with me!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Today's lith-ion technology does a much better job at managing itself, and the devices will stop charging when they reach 100%.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Silver iPhone 5S, annoying to find 32GB model:

Otterbox Defender case to go with it:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
edit: double post

KingAsmo
Mar 18, 2009

woot fatigue posted:

His lithographs are a lot more "obtainable" than one would think, but are definitely not something you'd pick up unless you have some serious disposable income or are serious about collecting.

A 168x405mm, signed, edition of 30 of Montparnasse can be had for around $5,000-$10,000.
http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/photographs/andreas-gursky-montparnasse-porticus-frankfurt-1995-5111077-details.aspx

I picked up my print of Mercedes (Rastatt) 1993 back in 2006 for only $1200.

The original diasec c-prints are definitely worth checking out if you ever have a chance. A client of mine in Chicago has one of my favorites (Copan, Sau Paulo, 2002) hanging in their lobby across from a Jeff Wall lightbox and it takes up most of the wall.

Right now I'd give it all up for a reliable home network / internet connection.

I saw Montparnasse IRL and there is a hugely obvious seam running right down the middle, pretty shoddy craftsmanship IMHO.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Bottom Liner posted:

Today's lith-ion technology does a much better job at managing itself, and the devices will stop charging when they reach 100%.
You can still ruin them by never using the battery as intended. Takes a while though. I've got a laptop that I've used for three years virtually without ever going below 97% (at which point Windows thought it was time to top up again) and it went from being able to power the laptop for 6 hours to 1.5 hours tops.

It depends a lot on how intelligent the charger (or whatever controls it) is. On my new laptop I can set it not to restart charging before a decent percentage of the battery has been used, which supposedly is better for longevity.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

KingAsmo posted:

I saw Montparnasse IRL and there is a hugely obvious seam running right down the middle, pretty shoddy craftsmanship IMHO.

Rhein II also has some loving sloppy clone work, but that picture is poo poo all around anyways.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Rhein II also has some loving sloppy clone work, but that picture is poo poo all around anyways.

Awesome avatar/post combo.

Got a bag of the best japanese white rice that's grown in the states:

Beats the hell out of the rice you normally find in supermarkets like Calrose.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Nov 19, 2014

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah, opinions like that are what earned it :v:

But really, 4 million for this???

For content; I just rebought my favorite game

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

KingAsmo posted:

That sucks to hear. Montparnasse was during his pre-digital days so I'm wondering if it was a physical seam or a "seam" from retouching? If you're physically printing a multiple-negative panorama it's never going to be perfect. Also, the diasec mounting process (c-print face-mounted to plexi) is still very experimental and unproven in terms of longevity. Maybe it was something unique to that specific print?

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah I think it looks like absolute poo poo and wouldn't consider it acceptable for something I'm only charging $300 for. From what I recall his process at the time involved shooting 8x10 or 4x5, drum-scanning, then editing in Photoshop. Clone tools in 1999 certainly weren't what they used to be, and dealing with a 100+ megapixel file on a PowerMac G3 would be rage-inducing. So I give him some leeway for that.

I'm a huge fan of his work before he did a bunch of manipulation but a lot of his current work looks like it belongs on the front page of 500px instead of a gallery wall.

Also, whoever it was who asked for a higher-res stitch of Montparnasse, shoot me an email at info[at]bgillettephoto.com and I'll send you the file to use or post here. I don't want to be the one to post another photog's work.

Edit for Purchase Content:

I bought a Helmut Lang cashmere hoodie and track pants because I have poor impulse control.

http://www.helmutlang.com/core-cashmere-hoodie/E09HM506,default,pd.html?start=3&cgid=mens-sweaters

http://www.helmutlang.com/core-cashmere-pants/E09HM209,default,pd.html?start=15&cgid=mens-all

woot fatigue has a new favorite as of 06:16 on Nov 19, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Either that model has the most elongated pelvis in history or those are dangerously close to being 'drop crotch'

They are drop crotch sweat pants, and they're $600

I think you might be brain damaged :derp:

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Nov 19, 2014

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I got this

Went into the store looking for the Rumble 15 but the 75 was on sale at a really good price (for here) so I'm going to annoy the hell out of my neighbors from now on.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

Either that model has the most elongated pelvis in history or those are dangerously close to being 'drop crotch'

They are drop crotch sweat pants, and they're $600

I think you might be brain damaged :derp:

They're for sleepovers.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

gently caress the haters, this thing is probably the most comfortable poo poo ever. CASHMERE SWEATSUIT

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah I wouldn't wear them out but they look comfy as hell. Wish I had that kind of money to sling around, haha.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought 5 nights at a hotel on the Gold Coast for my wife and I to go on our first holiday in 5 years. Gonna go to a bunch of theme parks while we're there :dance:

Chow-King
May 24, 2003

"I could kiss you on the nuts."
Total shot in the dark but I remember one goon posting a commissioned piece of art. It was drawn up in a cartoony style with their two dogs being ridden by the owners. Anyone remember who did the artwork? Or hopefully that goon sees this and can tell me :x

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Flipperwaldt posted:

You can still ruin them by never using the battery as intended. Takes a while though. I've got a laptop that I've used for three years virtually without ever going below 97% (at which point Windows thought it was time to top up again) and it went from being able to power the laptop for 6 hours to 1.5 hours tops.

That's the heat. Warmth also damages a battery over time, and several years of running on the cable kills it as sure as normal charging because of the warmth.

Nexus 6, white, 64 GB. Arrives between 25th of November and 16th of December. Or sometime in 2015, who the gently caress knows. Google/Motorola/Media Markt for sure doesn't!

And getting the network in my parent's home up to a somewhat modern standard. 20 cm thick concrete/brickwalls sure suck for wifi signals.

Asus RT-AC56U

Asus RT-AC68U

Decius has a new favorite as of 11:15 on Nov 19, 2014

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Ran out of mustache wax, bought some more

yes, I am indeed an insufferable rear end in a top hat, how did you guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009