Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

I find regular Gurdy to be much easier and way, way less tedious. Dodging Gurdy's attacks is really simple and much better than constantly spawning flies.

If you do what BJ said the flies won't attack you and Gurdy won't spawn more than two or three of them. It literally spawns less enemies than regular Gurdy despite being the variant that only spawns enemies.

Crotch Bat posted:

Stopwatch is absolutely ridiculous. I'll be shocked if I ever lose a run where I get that in the shop.

Mananged one on the first floor and got a Holy Mantle with Azazel. I'm like "here is where I finally get Dark Boy". Then I see MissingNo and I have never seen it before so I grabbed it. :smith:

I still beat The Lamb on that run though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Man this run was just absolutely disgusting. I basically had every single damage up in the game, inculding polywhatshisname with the huge tears, the scythes, small rock etc. Also Monstros lung which made me charge really long, but everything died in one hit.

Wish I had found Tammys head or sad bombs just to see how huge the projectile would get.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I killed mom at 20:02 :smith:

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Can anyone who has completed this garbage Head Trauma challenge tell me how they did it? The complete lack of non-consumable pick ups make this thing an absolute zero fun chore, unless I'm missing something. This challenge and Solar System are just the worst.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Stokes posted:

Can anyone who has completed this garbage Head Trauma challenge tell me how they did it? The complete lack of non-consumable pick ups make this thing an absolute zero fun chore, unless I'm missing something. This challenge and Solar System are just the worst.

Get lucky. Get the coal. Then, :getin:

Solar System sucks. I like the idea of it, but after losing to it lives I just don't have the patience to try it again for awhile.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Stokes posted:

I did it by finding the Bible and a lot of patience. I also got coal near the end but it really didn't end up being a factor.

Solar system is Isaac distilled to its very essence: dodging. You have flying, which makes nearly every room easier, you just have to be very familiar with how to dodge every enemy (and cheese everything you can by hovering over rocks and pits).

Che Delilas fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 18, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I am so sick of Family Man, it is such a lovely challenge. Like what the gently caress, man. If it stopped at Mom or something that'd be one thing, but this is just stupid. I almost killed Isaac but of course I got hit by his stupid light thing, which is the worst attack to evade in the game.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Stokes posted:

I found the flat worm which instantly made things 100% better because now my shots actually hit.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Solar System is super easy if you get any other pickups (Meat Cube, Ball of Bandages) to surround you and you get BFF.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It took me a few tries of getting stuff like lipstick, but attack fly is pretty high damage and can get you past Mom alone even without BFF.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

dis astranagant posted:

The hell do you salvage a run where a reroll room gave you soy milk?

Double shot and/or proc items.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Solar System is actually ok compared to the other ones, I actually beat Mom fast enough to do the boss rush. Guppy's Head shows up fairly regularly too so that can help too.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Stokes posted:

I shot backwards when my brain could manage to keep that part straight, but what really helped was moving in a circle along with the tears. Then I'd have payloads of tears hitting enemies at the same time.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Quinctia posted:

I shot backwards when my brain could manage to keep that part straight, but what really helped was moving in a circle along with the tears. Then I'd have payloads of tears hitting enemies at the same time.

That's how I did it too. If you shoot backwards the tears intersect very close to your body behind you (and a lot faster than the first time they do in front of you) and then again when they come full circle. so you kind of have 2 hitboxes behind you.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I just got a die room that rerolls the entire floor on cellar one. Clear the floor, step on it. Another re-roll die room spawns. Clear floor again, hit it. Now I've got an XL cellar. I'm going to have something like 8 items between item rooms and bosses and I'm not even on the second floor yet.

M4G9
9AAV if you want to experience this madness for yourself.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Used the D20 in a shop, changed a buyable red heart to the Blue Map. Cool.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Oxyclean posted:

Get the coal. Then, :getin:

Two attempts after complaining, this happens. I should complain more often.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The real answer for dealing with the lovely, obnoxious challenges is to pray you get a dice room that rerolls you into an unstoppable death god. Or at least one by comparison to what the game gave you before.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

TheModernAmerican posted:

Leo with lucky rock is hilarious. I'm drowning in cash.

Try bringing the Card Against Humanity into the Boss Rush room with Petrified Poop as your trinket.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Cryohazard posted:

Try bringing the Card Against Humanity into the Boss Rush room with Petrified Poop as your trinket.

I got this combo but I was doing Slow Roll, which meant it took me like 6 seconds to clear a single poop. I farmed exactly as much money as I needed to buy what I wanted on that floor and said gently caress It to the rest.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kaethela posted:

I just got a die room that rerolls the entire floor on cellar one. Clear the floor, step on it. Another re-roll die room spawns. Clear floor again, hit it. Now I've got an XL cellar. I'm going to have something like 8 items between item rooms and bosses and I'm not even on the second floor yet.

M4G9
9AAV if you want to experience this madness for yourself.

I died anyway to some bullshit rooms in Sheol. :sigh:

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

This was an XL floor, but I still don't understand what happened.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Had a decent run with Maggie today with just one misstep, saw the blue flames in one of the god rooms and boom, really pissed off angel man. I had no idea you could piss in their cereal! Still, Mom's knife made short work of him as it did everyone else I came across.

Oh and the donation machine is a complete troll, with max cash and a dollar sitting in the arcade it jams after two pennies.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Trick Question posted:

This was an XL floor, but I still don't understand what happened.

What am I looking at?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kaethela posted:

What am I looking at?

Look where the bosses are.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

The real answer for dealing with the lovely, obnoxious challenges is to pray you get a dice room that rerolls you into an unstoppable death god. Or at least one by comparison to what the game gave you before.
I've pointed this out already but this is a really bad idea for any blindfold challenge (except maybe Beans since your items are so catastrophically bad anyway). You can't roll away from the blindfold and unless you luck into Lil Brimstone what you'll end up with will probably be worse.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you reroll on beans then you'll probably still have a high chance of loving yourself up unless you're confident in either directly killing everything with the normal bomb blast or skipping basically every room w/ a bomb on your way to the boss

basically just don't reroll blindfold challenges. the blindfold isn't an item, but a limitation. the items given to you are specifically picked to let you win.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Is there any way of seeing how many blue rocks I've blown up? I still have never seen the small rock.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
the iv bag is the worst thing ever added to the game ever

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
This literally loving happened last night while I was streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HTM2DMEv4

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is there any way of seeing how many blue rocks I've blown up? I still have never seen the small rock.

Nope, just keep blowing up more.

Once you get it though it's an incredibly common drop from dark rocks. If I get it in a run, I generally get it in the Caves/Catacombs at latest.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I've only ever used it to cheese the slot machine after it's dropped a few hearts. Free spins, big money!

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I'm pretty sure nothing beats the holy water for just being completely pointless. Soy milk at least has a point in that it hurts you, holy water doesn't even manage to do that.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Cainer posted:

Had a decent run with Maggie today with just one misstep, saw the blue flames in one of the god rooms and boom, really pissed off angel man. I had no idea you could piss in their cereal! Still, Mom's knife made short work of him as it did everyone else I came across.
For a good time, piss off two angels in a single run.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
wait a loving minute here I have mamas boy unlocked in game and no trophy. goddammit a cheevo glitched out on me

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

wait a loving minute here I have mamas boy unlocked in game and no trophy. goddammit a cheevo glitched out on me

Just wait until Dead Boy doesn't unlock. Also meaning you don't get the trophy.

Or item unlocks don't give you trophies.

Or Golden God doesn't give you a trophy.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Trick Question posted:

I'm pretty sure nothing beats the holy water for just being completely pointless. Soy milk at least has a point in that it hurts you, holy water doesn't even manage to do that.

Oh yeah, that item's a real piece of garbage. It would be fine if it was a thing that was like Bob's Brain that got tossed along with your tears and left some creep once per room. Not fantastic, but useful in the right situation. But needing to get hit for it to activate just makes it utter trash. Maybe if it could get hit by enemy bullets and break apart then it wouldn't be completely useless?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Uh, what? It's just a portable blood donation machine. If you have extra hearts you can convert them into money. It also works really well with Bloody Lust and getting into red challenge rooms. It's not the greatest item but it has its uses.

And it's not even new, it was in the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Cybershell posted:

This literally loving happened last night while I was streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HTM2DMEv4

With your setup the Guillotine was actually a good item, though? It's a huge orbital that blocks enemy shots and does ridiculous damage as a melee weapon. The reason it's normally unusably bad is that it totally fucks up your aim, but with Ludovico Technique that's not an issue.