Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
In regards to Mic talk, the Apple headphones that came with the iPhone 5 and up work wonderfully as audio + microphone for PS4.

My character from PS3 transferred over fine. He looks really different! They added a whole lot of detail to the models in this new version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Yeah I finally managed to transfer over. Time to get things done.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Is there some sort of secret to getting into GTAO w/ the ps4? My character transferred fine, and I even got a few trophies, but every time I try to get online it either times out or just sits on the loading screen forever.

Connections are real spotty all around right now. I got to play for a couple hours this morning and a ton of people were just getting dropped out of the blue by the server, then it dropped me and I went to bed. Just keep at it. I got some good luck entering Crew Sessions.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MrLonghair posted:

Yeah I finally managed to transfer over. Time to get things done.

Did you have to update version or did it just start working in-game?

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Feenix posted:

No patch for me, not yet. Are you on 1.03?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Yeah there was no new physical patch for me. Just checked. It worked.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Where do I find the setting that lets friends or clan members or whatever enter my car?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Character transfer from 360 to PS4 worked flawlessly.

Holy poo poo, the crew emblem is the cell phone's wallpaper, nice!

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Looks like im about to go trade in Destiny and hop back into the fray.... but I can't decide between this or Far Cry 4... I just miss chasing people down and making them upset...

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I did not get the pre-order bonus money to my 2013 transfer oh fuckit :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hahaha oh wow, forced first person racing is hilarious. I decided to kick it off with that off-road race they added for the Independence Day update, you know the one with all the foliage and jumping off a god drat mountain? Well it turns out being in a Bifta during that race is hilarious. You're just constantly driving face first into blind grass and trees and everyone was flying around and being flung in all directions. It turns out having a low hood in a race with limited visibility in FPS mode is bad! Give it a try, "Across the Wilderness" was loving hilarious in FPS mode. When everyone went off the mountain in first person (me being the only one in a car) I heard so many "OH gently caress poo poo AH!" from the voice chat.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Feenix posted:

Where do I find the setting that lets friends or clan members or whatever enter my car?

Hold select and scroll down in that menu, you'll find it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Hold select and scroll down in that menu, you'll find it.

Touchpad then?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Feenix posted:

Touchpad then?

Ah sorry, I don't have a PS4 or XBOX one so I can't help you there :v:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ah sorry, I don't have a PS4 or XBOX one so I can't help you there :v:

No worries, it probably is. I will check once GTAOnline stops timing out EVERY drat TIME!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I only had success doing "join crew", but even then it would be just 1-2 crewmembers. Awaiting the French weekend warriors so that I can get to pop some heads.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Joining GTA Online...Joining GTA Online...timed out. Ugh

The character creation screen was pretty cool. My dude was ugly as poo poo when he walked out before I started. I was a little shocked to be honest.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

This is what I've been waiting for.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know this is the ONLINE thread, but in general, why the gently caress are there still so few hairstyles for Franklin?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Seriously, folks. FPS racing. It's the best. It takes so long though to adjust to it but it can be really bonkers.

And yeah chalk me up as another person surprised at how ugly their character looked upon transfer. I thought my guy looked cool in PS3 but he walked in PS4 like a gremlin.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Visual range with the advanced scope on the standard level21 sniper rifle:

Dot rests at the border where player vehicles no longer render. Trying to snipe players around that range is difficult, the view is blurry due to filters and effects but that didn't keep me from taking out pilots in planes and helicopter passengers.

If anyone of you can take shots of this spot from the PS3 version and report back (player vehicle draw distance) I will be grateful.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Kelly posted:

Joining GTA Online...Joining GTA Online...timed out. Ugh

I wanted to play a little over lunch break at work just now, but yeah...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah it's not the Touchpad by the way. What takes the place of Select here? (PS4)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

Yeah it's not the Touchpad by the way. What takes the place of Select here? (PS4)

Hold the left of the touchpad, maybe even upper left.

Now how the heck does a normal human being do the grenade quick-throw by swiping up during combat? Did it with my nose..

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Hold anywhere on the touchpad to pull up the select menu. It's not a click.

How do I throw a sticky from a moving vehicle? I can't figure it out.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Feenix posted:

You just hold it anywhere, but you have to hold it for a few seconds before the menu pops up.

MrLonghair posted:

Hold the left of the touchpad, maybe even upper left.

Now how the heck does a normal human being do the grenade quick-throw by swiping up during combat? Did it with my nose..

Left on the d-pad while aiming also works.

Kelly posted:

Hold anywhere on the touchpad to pull up the select menu. It's not a click.

How do I throw a sticky from a moving vehicle? I can't figure it out.

Hold L1 to aim, then R1 to throw/shoot. But there's an option in settings to change it back to just L1 to fire.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Anyone else getting LOADS of timeouts?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, getting online is kind of a pain at the moment and when you do it's like a roulette to see how long you'll be able to play until it kicks you out. The biggest lobby I've been in so far is like 8 people.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
Can someone see if they added in x camera inversion to go along with the same y-inverted-only option like before? If the camera option are (inverted) and (not inverted) then that means the answer is "no". I know I'm a freak but it's important to me.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

SamuraiPaul posted:

Can someone see if they added in x camera inversion to go along with the same y-inverted-only option like before? If the camera option are (inverted) and (not inverted) then that means the answer is "no". I know I'm a freak but it's important to me.

There is no indication of what is inverted, other than the option to invert <on> <off> is present, and it doesn't appear what it might change for FPS mode.

I am sorry.

edit; I'm hopping on, and I will be around for like literally close to 36+ hours of gtao fun. I made a new chracter so I am looking for wins for racing, and perhaps some deathmatch fun? I wouldn't mind doing all sort of stuff just to round out the stat spectrum with air races and bicycling races.

Scyron57 on ps4. I can change characters later for rooftop rumble or whatever.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 19, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thanks for the info about the sticky throwing. I have to check out the settings I suppose.

Online is super flakey right now. I keep seeing people join then leave. Join, then leave. I also just quick stated a race and got dumped into a lobby with like 10 people for a race. When the race launched I was the only one in it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of Online (I did on PS3) but once I finally got online today I spawned into the world and before I took my first step I got ran over by a player who proceeded to go back and forth over me just as I was able to stand up. He did this about 5 times until I died. I couldn't get away.

I came back and shot him. Whatever, no bigs.

Then I found a guy in a tattoo parlor that I couldn't draw on/pull a gun out. Then he pulled a gun out and shot me in the tattoo parlor. ??

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
The_Maniac_Cop here. Has anyones game (PS4) crashed suddenly so far? I was driving around in a lobby full of goons and then it went to the "Unexpected Error" screen.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
So what are some "bad" vehicles that could be really fun to own? I made my new character but given I don't have the mad stacks, I am looking for some solid but affordable vehicles that can fill out 16 garage spots.

My main has all the nice super cars and all that, I am looking for kind of gimmick cars or maybe the underappreciated but still fun, or really ugly kind of vehicles.

I so far got a Vader, as my first vehicle from the tutorial, and I just purchased a faggio and would like to maybe get an elegy or 9F, after saving up a bit.

edit; I was eyeing the peyote, phoenix, and blista compact, for; muscle, classic, and compact spots.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Mash posted:

The_Maniac_Cop here. Has anyones game (PS4) crashed suddenly so far? I was driving around in a lobby full of goons and then it went to the "Unexpected Error" screen.

Yup, I had the exact same thing happen, crashed me straight to dashboard. I was jumping into a goon's car when it happened.
Connection is terrible tonight, which I honestly expected. Hopefully it gets back on course for this weekend. That's when I really get to enjoy online, without the threat of work in the morning and a frosty beverage or ten in hand.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Scyron posted:

So what are some "bad" vehicles that could be really fun to own? I made my new character but given I don't have the mad stacks, I am looking for some solid but affordable vehicles that can fill out 16 garage spots.

Vapid Stanier with some mods. It's very cheap and it's also the police interceptor model from GTA IV.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I forgot to ask, or note, are some of these going to be "have to find it" territory, or easy to buy from the phone?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Scyron posted:

I forgot to ask, or note, are some of these going to be "have to find it" territory, or easy to buy from the phone?

The Stanier is $10,000 on the sanandreassuperautos site

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Sultan RS is an incredibly fun sports car that's great for all-around driving, from off-road to city racing. You can't buy a Sultan, but you can find one by going to the Prison parking lot. If there isn't one there, then just keep switching lobbies until you get one. The Sultan becomes the Sultan RS after you put enough upgrades on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Policenaut posted:

The Sultan RS is an incredibly fun sports car that's great for all-around driving, from off-road to city racing. You can't buy a Sultan, but you can find one by going to the Prison parking lot. If there isn't one there, then just keep switching lobbies until you get one. The Sultan becomes the Sultan RS after you put enough upgrades on it.

I got one of those badboys on my main.

Though I might have to get another just cause of how nice they look after the upgrades.

• Locked thread