Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ignite Memories posted:

Yes. This is what they should have done.

They should have just left the drat pods in the codex in the first place, and then made a model for them knowing that some folks already had them, because that's what happens when you release rules without models.

Which is what they did with other kits. But my guess is that after their experience with the sales of tervigon and Thunderwolves they did a bit of analysis and came to the conclusion that they'd get hit with a big loss in releasing a kit when they'd been gazumped by third party sellers. The fact that model was an immobile blob with little in the way of in game effect after deployment probably also pushed them towards creating something a little more dynamic .

I'm similarly unhappy with the state of affairs in terms of loss of units from the codicies. It's a real bummer that GW are removing characters and units because there aren't models for them . But I point my finger at the third party sellers who decided to exploit the gapsin GW's. Product line to the point where the issue had to be tested in court.

Write or wrong, legal or illegal, the actions of chapter house et al have had a real impact on the way GW releases their rules and their models and the ways in which they promote things like scratch building or kit bashing. It's a disappointing state of affairs. But at the end of the day, a bunch of companies decided to trade off and exploit holes in the GW product line to the point that they went to court over it and GW has decided to plug those holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SRM posted:

Does anyone have the old bike banners? I need 3 or 4:

Oh God I like where this is going...

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

I got one. It's yours, no prob. Hit me up at REDACTED FOR SENSITIVE UNATCO INTEL

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 18, 2014

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Can HQ's deploy in a transport with a troop from a different detachment?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
only if wazdakka is making mycetic spores troops

edit: I think the answer is yes?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

CyberLord XP posted:

Yes, but only if they are battle brothers and the hq is an independent character.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Master Twig posted:

Yes, but only if they are battle brothers and the hq is an independent character.

Cool, I feel like there is much fun to be had with the 3 Big Meks, 1 Warboss, 1 Weirdboy formation.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

CyberLord XP posted:

Yes your archon can WWP a wave serpent full of fire dragons. :v:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Adepticon Team Tournament , is pretty awesome looking and has some interesting rules for the teams.

http://adepticon.org/wpfiles/2015/201540Kteam.pdf

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Seems like DA would have some fun there. One Azrael somewhere on the team suddenly creates Deathwing/Ravenwing troops across 2 boards at once, and all DA would be batting at LD10. What I'm saying is that DA got a bone thrown to them for once and I don't know how to react :v:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

BuffaloChicken posted:

Also, can anyone give me the exact height of the Tyrannocyte? I plan on using my existing models (with a bit of converting) but want to play honestly with what line of sight should be to the models.

Mine don't float like some wussy parade balloons, they crawl and drag their crippled wreckage through the earth in a super dirty feeding frenzy.

Your models are rad, don't modify them unless you're really excited about a new design or are dissatisfied how they look now.

You never modeled for advantage in the first place, now that they have shooting weapons your ability to see over intervening objects is impaired. Roll with it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Seems like DA would have some fun there. One Azrael somewhere on the team suddenly creates Deathwing/Ravenwing troops across 2 boards at once, and all DA would be batting at LD10. What I'm saying is that DA got a bone thrown to them for once and I don't know how to react :v:

So do Chaos Space Marines, with being able to take certain elites as troops. That's pretty great, plus they're straight up allowing Imperial Guard to be considered "traitor".

It looks like a fun format, I'm going to try and convince some people I know to go with it as I don't think it's sold out.

Here's a link to all the information about Adepticons rules etc.., they have a poo poo load of stuff going on.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/597233.page#7336728

I'm super stoked to attend. Registration is the 24th Monday.

I'll probably check the Exterminatus tourney out it's 3000 points EVERYTHING is allowed.

http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2015/201540Kexterminatus.pdf

This year was pretty cool, they had some really great looking models, I only got to go one day for a few hours due to work and school stuff. Still fun and huge!!

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 18, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Thanks for helping me source some banners, goons!

spacegoat posted:

Oh God I like where this is going...
I've been working on a bike squad for 2 months and they're almost done. I'm not thrilled with how they look, but I think they'll look real nice on the tabletop.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So how would one for example go about adopting new units to 2nd edition rules. I'm trying to keep occupied with things and I challenged my friend to a 2nd edition game with Chaos Daemons vs. his Tau.

Anyone know of any conversion charts etc..?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

BuffaloChicken posted:

My Exo-Armour Squats aren't as beefy as the Scrunturions above, but I think they're about right to easily pass as Terminators. Here's the GK Terminator squad, followed by the GK Terminator Librarian.

This is legitimately the coolest poo poo. Between these and the slam sector scrunts thread, I feel like I have a spiritual need to build a Scruntisition force.

If you don't have a blog or some sort of progress thread with pictures of all of your models as you complete them yet, you really should consider it. This is spectacular work and I want it to be easily accessible for inspiration later.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

koreban posted:

This is legitimately the coolest poo poo. Between these and the slam sector scrunts thread, I feel like I have a spiritual need to build a Scruntisition force.

If you don't have a blog or some sort of progress thread with pictures of all of your models as you complete them yet, you really should consider it. This is spectacular work and I want it to be easily accessible for inspiration later.
Thank you! I do post on Warseer, both because I like being able to look back on my old WIPs and because it helps having a log when I put out the word that I want to do commission work.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?376834-Verdekil-XVIII-Welcome-To-The-Jungle

If you want to to help with my scrunt-fund, I'm looking to sell an old army case. Served me very well when I needed to transport lots of awkwardly-shaped Tyranids, but I pretty much only play at home now and the case is taking up valuable space.

Open, showing room for a Codex (and with my personal info fuzzed out).

All the foam, with a Space Marine for sale.

You can see the website selling the case here:

http://www.saboldesigns.net/motorpool.html

Website shows it priced at $90 with all the trays, and $40 empty. Because there's some minor wear and the trays have been plucked, I'll sell it for $50 plus shipping. It really is a great case - if you're interested in picking it up, PM me or email p.h.dolan at gmail.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

BuffaloChicken posted:

If you want to to help with my scrunt-fund, I'm looking to sell an old army case. Served me very well when I needed to transport lots of awkwardly-shaped Tyranids, but I pretty much only play at home now and the case is taking up valuable space.

I'd love to be able to tell you I'd take it, however this month I'm dropping $2500 on medical bills ahead of budget preparations for Christmas for the wife and kids, so my 'hams budget is basically 0 until tax return time. Hopefully someone in the thread is looking for a case at a good price.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SRM posted:

Do you still need these? I have a bunch spare you're welcome to, PM me if you want em.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Cataphract posted:

So what should GW be doing in this scenario? Make a model that you admit people won't buy or Continue to not have a podding option for tyranids?

If you don't like the kit, fine, use your old scratch built stuff. No one will care. At least nid players have rules for pods again. That's cause for celebration.

This isn't the case of Necron pariahs being replaced by lych guard. Where GW invalidated an old kit. There was no old kit to invalidate in this scenario. Apart from a bunch of dinosaur egg toys.

Well, ideally they wouldn't be trying to play whack-a-mole with businesses that are such a miniscule fraction of their size their entire company isn't enough people to form a regulation basketball team. That would probably the smartest thing to do. I mean, seriously, how much do you think GW has spent litigating the Chapterhouse case alone? Is there any realistic chance that their losses of sales from 3rd-party retailers are even a meaningful fraction of that action alone? I can't imagine they are. It's the same reason the RIAA/MPAA litigating cases against internet pirates is stupid- it's not profitable, it doesn't meaningfully deter anyone, and it makes them look bad to the community.

But apart from that? They have lots of options that don't include rewriting a major part of the fluff for one of their biggest races. They could do like they did with the Webway Portal and make buying a "spore" an upgrade option with no model representation (since the Spore is essentially destroyed on impact.) They could've released a spore model that wasn't as-or-more expensive as the critters it's designed to carry but still looks decent- GW is certainly good enough with plastic molds that they can manage something like that. I think you overestimate the number of people who had other spores and wouldn't buy a GW one if it came out and looked good while not breaking the bank- the same issue existed with the Drop Pod when it was released in 4th edition, but I think you can safely say those are selling well enough.

Players don't give a gently caress if GW invalidated one of their own kits or someone else's- what people care about is if GW is making the models they own and have used useless, so I would say it is exactly analogous to the Pariah situation from a customer perspective.

Cataphract posted:

I'm similarly unhappy with the state of affairs in terms of loss of units from the codicies. It's a real bummer that GW are removing characters and units because there aren't models for them . But I point my finger at the third party sellers who decided to exploit the gapsin GW's.

But that's absurd, because no third-party retailer was making sculpts of named characters that lacked models (aside from stuff like the Primarchs, which didn't even have rules and thus could hardly be considered a thing.) If GW is removing characters, it's either because their protectiveness of their IP has inflated into outright paranoia or because they want to remove characters for other reasons; no rational concern for their product IP could possibly be the cause.

Hollismason posted:

So how would one for example go about adopting new units to 2nd edition rules. I'm trying to keep occupied with things and I challenged my friend to a 2nd edition game with Chaos Daemons vs. his Tau.

It would be really hard because there's not actually any specific "translation" that you could do in a lot of cases, because what units are capable or represent has not really stayed the same. I mean, look at something like the Cyclone Missile Launcher- it used to be a missile-spewing ripple-fire weapon, now it's basically just two regular Missile Launchers strapped together. You can also look at things like Plasma, which went from a weapon that had to recharge to one that might just randomly explode. Units, psychic powers, and other options are all much the same way, so there's not really a good way to say what stuff "should" be in 2ed representation.

Looking at the Fantasy stats for stuff would be some guideline for extrapolating Movement values and such; you could also look to what some weapon equivalents in the modern game are to figure out what their old-fashioned versions might be like (for example, heavy weapons almost always do multiple wounds, penetration value is calculated off your other weapon stats, wounds values in general were a bit higher, etc.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
30K troops question...

I am looking at a couple of potions for starting a 30K army.

Option 1 is to go the ebay rescue route. £20 gets me 10 or more troopers, already assembled, that I could cut the bolters and heads off of if I wanted, and maybe even the shoulder pads if I don't want to freehand Heresy-era designs on them. I could also just cut the barrels off the bolters and glue on thin styrene tubing, and maybe cut off the ammo clip and add on drum magazines. (The cool thing (and this was explained to me by Bulbasaur, Ghost Hand and others) is that the various 'marks' of armor are just the official armor designations, there are dozens or hundreds of other types of armor styles so it's pretty wide open as to what the armor 'has' to look like. Which is handy for bitz buyers!)

Anyway, Option 2 is to get lots of new bits, which of course is a bit more expensive:
- FW legion heads
- CSM torsos (cheap!)
- FW shoulder pads
- CSM backpacks (cheap!)
- boltguns & heavy weapons
- Kromlech pouches
- Kromlech running legs and standing legs

Option 2 is of course more expensive (about £100 for 20 I think, plus weapons) and you'll notice that the list above doesn't include arms. FW sells packs of 10 weapons which look pretty cool, but the guns don't have right hands on the grips, and the new Tactical Marine arms don't include the right hands. How can I get around this? I'm not very familiar with all the different Space Marine bitz so I just need a bit of guidance here, if someone can help out.

I'm basically debating whether to start slowly collecting the bitz I need to make a fully new army, or do the same thing I've done so far and rescue/convert dudes off ebay.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Can you make an ok Space Wolf list without using any miniatures that were released after 2nd ed? I am ok with named characters that didn't have rules prior to 2nd ed but not things like thunder wolves and the dog head flyer. Space Wolves is one release I just didn't pay any attention to. The idea is to make an army entirely from the old SW metals.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Big Willy Style posted:

Can you make an ok Space Wolf list without using any miniatures that were released after 2nd ed? I am ok with named characters that didn't have rules prior to 2nd ed but not things like thunder wolves and the dog head flyer. Space Wolves is one release I just didn't pay any attention to. The idea is to make an army entirely from the old SW metals.

Gee I wouldn't know anything about that

The Marines in boxes list is still perfectly functional. Grey Hunters in Rhinos are still fine, the only real thing I think you'd be missing out on are Land Raiders to transport big squads or Terminator squads. It'll be tough to deal with aircraft as well. I think you can do just fine without Thunderwolves or the flying longship.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Will he be okay without Space Santa's Sled though?

jeroti
Feb 26, 2009

Fear not the darkness, fear that which the darkness hides.

AbusePuppy posted:

OK, so here's some thoughts:

-Do you have, or could you get, something to stand in for a Chronos? One of the very nasty DE tricks from the Coven supplement is a formation consisting of a Talos, a Chronos, and a Haemonculus (as a single unit.) By adding a Webway Portal to the Haemo you can bring them all down on the enemy's face as a very nasty surprise.

-If you can get more Raiders/Venoms that would be good for you. Spamming out cheap transports is one of the main strengths of the DE army these days.

-If you have more Reavers, definitely add them in. I would go with units of six (two Cluster Caltrop, two Heat Lance) as the ideal setup.

-Necrons could be a good addition to things as well. Ideally you'd bring along a Command Barge with all the fixins, a Ghost Ark or Night Scythe loaded with guys, and an Annihilation Barge (totaling ~600 or 700pts) to fill out a big chunk of your list.

-A big block of Warriors with a pair of Dark Lances hiding behind an Aegis Line isn't the worst thing in the world and would give you some options for deploying them as well (coming down with a Webway Portal, etc.)

-Your Archon absolutely should have a Webway Portal. His setup right now (presumably he goes with the Incubi?) is... unexciting to me; honestly, I would dump the Phantasm and maybe the Huskblade (it scares MCs a bit, but that's basically it) and go with a Blaster and maybe an Agonizer if you really wanna maintain fighting ability, which wouldn't be terrible. If you really wanna keep the Huskblade- because I admit it's a super-cool and I loved them last edition- at least give him a Soul Trap so he has a chance of ever being anything but S3 with it.

-I would probably dump the Incubi. They're kinda just not all that good.

-The Apoc game sounds like an absolute loving disaster in the making and the usual sort of "Imperial players can bring all toys and use all things, xenos go get hosed" sort of nonsense. Dark Eldar don't even have a superheavy of their own (and no, the Phantom/Revenant don't count.)

The only thing I could possibly use as a Chronos is my tomb stalker, which is pretty big. The manager at the GW store isn't too keen on letting people proxy stuff in store events either.

I made some changes with your advice. I removed the CC stuff from the Archon and put him in one of the raiders with a WWP. I dropped the Incubi and replaced them with a squad of Trueborn with 4 blasters in a venom. I added in another 10man raider squad as well as beefed up the Reavers. I had to lose a couple blasters on my warriors and the Talos as well to make up the points. I don't own 7 blaster models so having that many wasn't going to work for me anyways.

Here's my changed list. For the apoc game I'm thinking of dropping a raider squad and maybe some toys and just tossing in my Transcendent C'tan. Or maybe adding in an overlord on a barge, warriors in an ark and an annihilation barge.

New list is 1498pts

* Archon
Blaster,Shadow field, Webway portal

* Kabalite Trueborn
5x Kabalite Trueborn 4x Blaster
Venom
2x Splinter Cannon

* Kabalite Warriors
9x Kabalite Warrior
Blaster
Raider
Dark Lance, Splinter Racks

* Kabalite Warriors
10x Kabalite Warrior
Splinter cannon
Raider

* Kabalite Warriors
10x Kabalite Warrior
Splinter cannon
Raider

* Razorwing Jetfighter
2 Dark Lances , 4x Monoscythe Missile, Splinter Cannon

* Reavers
6x Reaver
2x Cluster caltrops, 2x Heat lance

* Scourges
5x Scourges
4x Haywire Blaster

* Ravager
3x Dark Lance

* Ravager
3x Dark Lance

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

That's looking pretty solid. If you can field a Transcendent C'tan in the Apoc game, absolutely do go for it- they are brutal, brutal models and might even help make up for all the Imperial superheavies flitting around. You definitely want Wave of Withering for one of his powers; if you wanna go whole hog on it, a second Wave makes him pretty monstrous. Sky of Falling Stars (the barrage 6 one) and Antimatter Meteor are both pretty good, with Transdimensional Maelstrom coming in a close third. Seismic Shockwave is definitely my favorite of the other set of abilities, though Transliminal Slide has its uses.

Oh, and if you're going that route, taking Nemessor Zandrekh or a Solar Pulse Cryptek is very handy, since giving him 3+ cover is nice and Zandrekh has a ton of good abilities to slap onto him (Hit and Run, Tank Hunters, Stealth, etc.)

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

jeroti posted:

The only thing I could possibly use as a Chronos is my tomb stalker, which is pretty big. The manager at the GW store isn't too keen on letting people proxy stuff in store events either.

I made some changes with your advice. I removed the CC stuff from the Archon and put him in one of the raiders with a WWP. I dropped the Incubi and replaced them with a squad of Trueborn with 4 blasters in a venom. I added in another 10man raider squad as well as beefed up the Reavers. I had to lose a couple blasters on my warriors and the Talos as well to make up the points. I don't own 7 blaster models so having that many wasn't going to work for me anyways.

Here's my changed list. For the apoc game I'm thinking of dropping a raider squad and maybe some toys and just tossing in my Transcendent C'tan. Or maybe adding in an overlord on a barge, warriors in an ark and an annihilation barge.

New list is 1498pts

* Archon
Blaster,Shadow field, Webway portal

* Kabalite Trueborn
5x Kabalite Trueborn 4x Blaster
Venom
2x Splinter Cannon

* Kabalite Warriors
9x Kabalite Warrior
Blaster
Raider

* Kabalite Warriors
10x Kabalite Warrior
Splinter cannon
Raider

* Kabalite Warriors
10x Kabalite Warrior
Splinter cannon
Raider

* Razorwing Jetfighter
2 Dark Lances , 4x Monoscythe Missile, Splinter Cannon

* Reavers
6x Reaver
2x Cluster caltrops, 2x Heat lance

* Scourges
5x Scourges
4x Haywire Blaster

* Ravager
3x Dark Lance

* Ravager
3x Dark Lance

This is a much better list, but there are a few things I think you should try and find points for. I think you should give the Archon some sort of CC weapon so he doesn't just bounce off marines. I also think you should find the points to put night shields on your boats and jet; their AV won't hold up, but 3+ jinks will. I would drop the scourges to afford this. You have 11 lances and 6 blasters to tackle armor, so the haywire blasters are kinda gravy. Also, with only 5 T3 4+ models, that unit is likely to get shot off the board before causing much if any trouble. If my math is right, dropping them and a warrior should give you enough to put shields on all your boats and give your archon a huskblade and soul trap.

Note another option is to drop the archon entirely and bring a haem instead. You'll lose the blaster and 2++, but you'll buff one unit's PfP, giving them, at the least, a 5+ FNP when they arrive. And you'll free up at least enough points to put night shields on the ravagers.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Big Willy Style posted:

As someone who's making a Tyranid list without any miniatures that were released after 2nd Ed, gently caress you. :smithicide:

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Ugh, I ordered what I thought were resin flyer bases with skulls on them and ended up with resin 60 mm bases with skulls on them - somehow looked at the photo and decided it was an oval rather than a circle. Redoing my search it looks like resin flyer bases cost $20 apiece? Jesus. Think I need to just find a cheap seller of tiny skulls and just scatter those on the bases instead.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Limiting your amy by some theme (be it time period, historical theme, some adherence to fiction, etc) is really neat but god dang does it make a few things really frustrating. I still need to get a Thunderbolt for my Valhallans because Valkyries don't fit the WW2 theme and Hydras (and Thunderbolts too) take up those valuable heavy slots that my tanks and bassies live in. Squeezing in that counts-as Stalker in my Ultras was pretty necessary too, and it's kinda bending the rules a little bit but it works well enough.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

krushgroove posted:

I am looking at a couple of options for starting a 30K army.

I'm basically debating whether to start slowly collecting the bitz I need to make a fully new army, or do the same thing I've done so far and rescue/convert dudes off ebay.

You have a few other options:
  • Buy ALL bits and models exclusively on ebay. GW has a lovely policy for their flagship product, but it doesn’t stop bits companies from selling forgeworld bits. With some patience you can score some good deals and there are some already assembled and painted armies that sell at discounts.
  • Buy kits from forgeworld, keep the guns, arms, and legs… and then sell everything else on ebay for a lot of money. This will drive the cost down and you can use cheaper GW plastics for things like the chest and head.
  • Communism

It really depends on which army you want to play and how you want your troopers to look. As you can see from my guys, I am rocking CSM backpacks, chests, and heads with MK3 everything else. This lets me drive the cost down in a lot of clever ways. Playing a conquest era shattered legion, you could easily buy 40 marines from ebay on the cheap and then sprinkle in some forgeworld upgrayedd bits.

If you are hard for some other particular look your options will be much more limited.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Direwolf posted:

Ugh, I ordered what I thought were resin flyer bases with skulls on them and ended up with resin 60 mm bases with skulls on them - somehow looked at the photo and decided it was an oval rather than a circle. Redoing my search it looks like resin flyer bases cost $20 apiece? Jesus. Think I need to just find a cheap seller of tiny skulls and just scatter those on the bases instead.
Buy Instamold/Oyumaru. You can make extremely easy press-molds off those 60mm bases and have unlimited skulls forever, for infinite bases. I made a lot of the following greenstuff details with Oyumaru press molds.

Tiny Mechanicus shield icon:

Squat mask:

Catachan logo:

Lion shoulderpad:

It's one of the best tools a hobbyist can have. Just search "oyumaru" on ebay!

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

I feel like this is a really dumb question but I have never bought any SM bikes before and am looking into it. Can not find a definite answer and was wondering if the robed SM legs in the Ravenwing set came molded to the bike or if it came separate like the torso?

Thanks in advance and also on a side note, if you are getting rid of any SM bikes send me a PM!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The Ravenwing robed legs are separate. The Ravenwing set is the normal bikes with a ravenwing sprue for legs. The Ravenwing Knights set has separate robed legs too, but a different bike altogether. The only ones molded on are in the Dark Vengeance set.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stanyer89 posted:

I feel like this is a really dumb question but I have never bought any SM bikes before and am looking into it. Can not find a definite answer and was wondering if the robed SM legs in the Ravenwing set came molded to the bike or if it came separate like the torso?

Thanks in advance and also on a side note, if you are getting rid of any SM bikes send me a PM!

There are actually two different sets of robed legs floating around. One is on the older Ravenwing upgrade sprue and the robes are part of the legs and don't include any bike parts. They'll work just fine with normal bikes as that is what they were designed for. The other set is in the Black Knights box and while those legs are separate as well, they include the exhausts. So they wouldn't work for a normal bike without some modification.

Edit: Aaaand I got beat.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Also the GW site is actually pretty good at posting pictures of the sprues for newer kits. I was gonna go check my actual bits box for those newer Ravenwing legs but GW posted them first :v:

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

BuffaloChicken posted:

Also, can anyone give me the exact height of the Tyrannocyte? I plan on using my existing models (with a bit of converting) but want to play honestly with what line of sight should be to the models.

Mine don't float like some wussy parade balloons, they crawl and drag their crippled wreckage through the earth in a super dirty feeding frenzy.

It's about as tall as a Harpy on its flying stand in the main body, with the claws coming up above that.

... Yeah. Just measured it. 7 1/2 inches from the base to the "mouth" - the claws won't count for LOS.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BuffaloChicken posted:

Catachan logo:

Yes. YES. YES! This is the best thing, right here.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Dave Brookshaw posted:

Just measured it. 7 1/2 inches from the base to the "mouth" - the claws won't count for LOS.
Thank you! I'll probably keep using all the old obsolete Codex rules for the time being, since my brother doesn't mind, but in the future I might convert them to be a little more "Tyrannocyte" and a little less "Mycetic Spore" by adding the proper base size, some extra height, and the appropriate guns.

AbusePuppy posted:

Yes. YES. YES! This is the best thing, right here.
Appreciate that - I ordered a Jurassic Park fence-style terrain kit, and the guy who laser-cut the kit liked my dinosaur Catachan so much that he made some laser-cut tokens with that logo as a free surprise. Here's the photo that inspired it.

Here's the Jurassic Park fence kit unpainted:

I was able to use Oyumaru to replicate the design in greenstuff and used it on the hood of a Catachan Jeep terrain piece.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Goddamn buffchix, if I somehow end up in NYC for more than a day I need to hit you up and play against your sweet armies on your awesome terrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

• Locked thread