Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

skipdogg posted:

Is anyone even close to the current PVE top progression reward? I'm at like ~95K right now, with 34 hours to go. Only 5 people in my bracket have topped 160K so far. I'm at the point where only 2 of the essential nodes in Hard are worth fighting, the rest of them... forget it. I can cruise through Normal though with minimal health pack usage.

No way. At least my bracket is such that hitting the two least bullshit essential nodes in Hard is enough to keep me in the top 10. Lets me maintain my streak of not spending a cent on this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I've been top 10 in the normal sub brackets, and top 50 in the hard for the entire PVE so far, sitting in the low 40's in the event bracket which will be nice. I can use the 2 Falcon covers. I'm only sitting at 132.5K points though, 160 may be a stretch as I have a bunch of actual work to do today.

It seems like the normal nodes are getting easier though and point totals are dropping, the hard nodes are going up, but the hard essential nodes are worth 1700+ pts a pop.

I don't have any Hulk black covers though, so I have to push for top 100 in the PVP bracket as well. Why do I play this stupid game?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

skipdogg posted:

Is anyone even close to the current PVE top progression reward? I'm at like ~95K right now, with 34 hours to go. Only 5 people in my bracket have topped 160K so far. I'm at the point where only 2 of the essential nodes in Hard are worth fighting, the rest of them... forget it. I can cruise through Normal though with minimal health pack usage.

I'm currently number 1 in my bracket for stage 3, but only 14 for the overall event. I didn't play the second stage much because I don't own a Hulk.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me

skipdogg posted:

I'm at #2 in my bracket with ~217k points. I really need that XForce Black and I have this week off of work. I'm doing well just hitting the top and left hard essentials and a full sweep of normal mode every 3 hours.

With the hard nodes, my best team has been Captain America, Grey Suit Black Widow and Hood. Good color coverage and once you get either 11 red or purple it's all over.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
I got the last X-Force black cover I needed from one of the tokens I got from the last Simulator round. Now I have him fully covered and just below level 200 (meaning just below the stats of a maxed 3 star, as far as match damage goes. He costs so... much... ISO...).

I've been going through with Hulk, GBW and Hood. Hulk is mostly there to block GBW and, on rare occasions, use his red. Cap has been my backup when I can't use Hulk or Widow.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, I JUST started playing this game cause I wanted a puzzle time waster thing. I bought two hero card things with my first gold coins or whatever, one of them was an Uncommon (i think, 2 stars, level 15) Human Torch and the other is a Legendary (again, i think, 4 stars, level 75) X-Force Wolverine.

That level 75 Wolverine is GODLIKE compared to everything else I have or have even seen. Did I beat the game?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

So, I JUST started playing this game cause I wanted a puzzle time waster thing. I bought two hero card things with my first gold coins or whatever, one of them was an Uncommon (i think, 2 stars, level 15) Human Torch and the other is a Legendary (again, i think, 4 stars, level 75) X-Force Wolverine.

That level 75 Wolverine is GODLIKE compared to everything else I have or have even seen. Did I beat the game?

Ahahahaa, no, unlike PAD or other phone games where you can indeed beat the game if you get a nice pull, in MPQ you will need to get another 12 covers for your X-force to max his skills and then spend months playing just to get enough ISO to level him up.

Unless, you know :10bux:

But he is indeed a pretty nice boost at the start, so just enjoy playing with him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's better ways to use the gold coins than buying cards though, like team slots.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

trucutru posted:

Ahahahaa, no, unlike PAD or other phone games where you can indeed beat the game if you get a nice pull, in MPQ you will need to get another 12 covers for your X-force to max his skills and then spend months playing just to get enough ISO to level him up.

Unless, you know :10bux:

But he is indeed a pretty nice boost at the start, so just enjoy playing with him.
Yeah, I didn't think I'd really "beaten the game", but it really seems to me that getting a legendary level 75 dude as early as I did breaks the game WIDE open for me for a while.

Is there an alliance I can join? The game claims I get stuff for doing so.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
The game doesn't work on Android devices running 5.0 so I guess I'm out until they fix it.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

Yeah, I didn't think I'd really "beaten the game", but it really seems to me that getting a legendary level 75 dude as early as I did breaks the game WIDE open for me for a while.

Is there an alliance I can join? The game claims I get stuff for doing so.

He'll be useful for you in the early story bits, but as someone mentioned: stop spending HP on packs. Use them for slots. Very soon you're going to be rapidly accumulating heroes (without spending HP) and without slots for them in your roster they dry up after a week.

e: to give you a better idea about the power of that lvl 75 character: you'll quickly accumulate 1-star covers and once they are max-covered and leveled (which won't take long), they'll be way more powerful than he is, since all he really brings to the table right now is match-3 damage, decent hp, and a puny 1-cover power.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 19, 2014

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I came back for some goddamn reason. Haven't played since.. I guess the Hulk event? I've been fumbling around trying to get a feel for it again. Have they really not advanced the story at all? That's a bit surprising. There's so much going on now, though, and I missed a bazillion characters. Also, my friends have been busy and I logged in to about 20k in crystals and a half dozen recruit tokens. I got Captain Marvel and Falcon from dicking around, which is kinda neat but I feel like I'll never have enough stuff to get them fighting fit. I'm still running around with my Wolverine/Thor/Original Black Widow combo and it's winning me fights.

A few questions- why in every single verses match I've encountered does it have the powered up character plus a couple of level 2's like Storm and Iron Man? Are these "dead" accounts that it's pulling up? Or is it a ploy to draw in easy retaliation wins?

Should I be selling off my old lovely stuff that I'll never use unless forced to make room for new good people- I.E., Bullseye and that blonde "Not Black Widow" whose name is so insignificant I can't remember it? It seems like if they're needed they give you one to use. I think I'm at 24 slots from playing beforehand, and most of my dudes that I actually use are in the 60-70 range.

These random bonuses I'm getting- team powers or something- are they one-time-use only?

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

shadok posted:

The game doesn't work on Android devices running 5.0 so I guess I'm out until they fix it.

Ah, I guess that explains why mine has just been crashing today.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

I came back for some goddamn reason. Haven't played since.. I guess the Hulk event? I've been fumbling around trying to get a feel for it again. Have they really not advanced the story at all? That's a bit surprising. There's so much going on now, though, and I missed a bazillion characters. Also, my friends have been busy and I logged in to about 20k in crystals and a half dozen recruit tokens. I got Captain Marvel and Falcon from dicking around, which is kinda neat but I feel like I'll never have enough stuff to get them fighting fit. I'm still running around with my Wolverine/Thor/Original Black Widow combo and it's winning me fights.

A few questions- why in every single verses match I've encountered does it have the powered up character plus a couple of level 2's like Storm and Iron Man? Are these "dead" accounts that it's pulling up? Or is it a ploy to draw in easy retaliation wins?

Should I be selling off my old lovely stuff that I'll never use unless forced to make room for new good people- I.E., Bullseye and that blonde "Not Black Widow" whose name is so insignificant I can't remember it? It seems like if they're needed they give you one to use. I think I'm at 24 slots from playing beforehand, and most of my dudes that I actually use are in the 60-70 range.

These random bonuses I'm getting- team powers or something- are they one-time-use only?

Check out this guide on who to keep and who to ditch:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

But the short answer to your question is yes, get rid of lovely not-black widow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

fishtobaskets posted:

Check out this guide on who to keep and who to ditch:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

But the short answer to your question is yes, get rid of lovely not-black widow.

Nice, thanks

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Looks like they have changed their business model from "milk the whales" to "milk the whales and also release characters at a ridiculous pace to get normal people to buy roster slots"

Next character is Groot + Rocket so enjoy having yet another *** that you will never use because you can't get them covered and leveled up!

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

In the first few minutes of each new versus match, the game can't match you with a real player because nobody has played yet. So they have a few seed accounts with level 1 or level 20 characters you can fight. You'll see the same names over and over again (FreeRangeCage, ChopStuck, Pyromantic, FrownyJonah), and you'll see that their event score is always 0. Enjoy the easy kills. There's a point in advancement (unless they've fixed matchmaking in the last patch) where you'll have maxed 2-stars but only low-and-mid-level 3-stars in your roster, and the game constantly puts you up against maxed 3-stars that you cannot beat. So those fake accounts are your only way to win any PVP at all.

New Leaf posted:

Yes.

shadok fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 19, 2014

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Syrinxx posted:

Looks like they have changed their business model from "milk the whales" to "milk the whales and also release characters at a ridiculous pace to get normal people to buy roster slots"

Next character is Groot + Rocket so enjoy having yet another *** that you will never use because you can't get them covered and leveled up!

Frankly I'm surprised at their restraint, selling them as a single character.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Everything Counts posted:

The alternative would have been to name all three of Groot's abilities "I am Groot".

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The three skills would be "I am Groot?" "I AM GROOT!" and "WE are Groot".

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was thinking "I am Groot", "I AM Groot", and "I am GROOT".

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They are leaving money on the table here.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

shadok posted:

I was thinking "I am Groot", "I AM Groot", and "I am GROOT!!!!!".
Added a little emphasis there. The last one would be the high-powered attack, most likely a red ability.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Syrinxx posted:

I'm sitting at 49 slots and would probably need another 10-12 had I bothered to get any of the last dozen 3*s they released. It's been absurdly out of control for a really long time. Anyone who spends money on this game is an idiot.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Falcon, A. Wolvie, & Johnny Storm is fun as hell in the new PVE. poo poo goes down FAST.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Well that sucks. The Hulk event is bugged for me. I won 10 battles and I get the points and immediatly have them taken away. I'm still at 0.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I'm pretty disappointed with the game being unplayable on lollipop, I haven't been able to play in like 4 days and now I'm going to miss out on Groot. I wish they would allow us phone people to connect to the steam version so I could at least play.

Syrinxx posted:

You forgot to mention Gamora is coming right after them.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

Everything Counts posted:

Haha don't worry, they're releasing Gamora next week apparently.

So the general consensus is to sell Devil Dinosaur right? I've only got enough points for one more slot right now.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

21st Cherry boy posted:

Haha don't worry, they're releasing Gamora next week apparently.

So the general consensus is to sell Devil Dinosaur right? I've only got enough points for one more slot right now.

Devil Dino is a beast when fully covered and leveled. If you just have a single cover or two and you need the room I would dump him. Mine is 1/1/3 and he can't do poo poo for damage.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Level up Prehistoric Arms.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT
I have an iPhone and Galaxy Note and play on the Note. I'm going to be getting a new phone and this one will be an Android. Will I be able to play on the same account on the phone and tablet? I've convinced myself that this will work because they'll be the same OS (because I won't get Lollipop or the new phone for a few weeks at least). I thought I'd read somewhere that people have synced accounts between an iPhone and iPad. Is that true? Does it work?

Like I need more opportunity to play this dumb game.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
When I got a new phone it synced to my account, so switching between android devices should work in theory.

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010

Devi posted:

I have an iPhone and Galaxy Note and play on the Note. I'm going to be getting a new phone and this one will be an Android. Will I be able to play on the same account on the phone and tablet? I've convinced myself that this will work because they'll be the same OS (because I won't get Lollipop or the new phone for a few weeks at least). I thought I'd read somewhere that people have synced accounts between an iPhone and iPad. Is that true? Does it work?

Like I need more opportunity to play this dumb game.

If you have synched with facebook I think it is a lot easier but I did it by opening a support ticket email on both devices which then had my deviceID. From my original device I finished the ticket saying I want this account to be synched with that new deviceID. It works really well.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been playing this on my Nexus 10 tablet, backed up to Facebook. When the Lollipop 5.0 upgrade killed MPQ on that device, I installed it on my Galaxy Nexus phone and synced to the same Facebook profile. It worked fine and I lost no progress. I assume I could now switch between the two devices, but I can't test it until they patch the game for Android 5.

Basically, you want to make sure the game is backed up to Facebook on device 1. Then make sure the Facebook app is installed on device 2 and is set to the same profile. Install MPQ on device 2. It'll force you to play a couple of tutorial games that don't seem to be skippable. Eventually you'll be able to access the settings and you can check "back up to Facebook". When you do, it will detect the existing save and ask you to confirm that you want to overwrite the device's local progress with the saved game.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

My wife started playing the Hulk event and noticed she's not accumulating points. She won 2 or 3 matches and her point total still says zero. Is this happening to anyone else?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

head58 posted:

My wife started playing the Hulk event and noticed she's not accumulating points. She won 2 or 3 matches and her point total still says zero. Is this happening to anyone else?

I got stuck at 71 points for a few matches. At first, I though it was just being a little slow updating. I reloaded the game and it worked from there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I didnt get points from my first two matches. Some hiccups with the custom start time thing?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I had same issue, lost a bunch of points

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm advancing in rank in the event by not doing anything. Maybe I'm getting all your points? I went from 61 to 13 somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
What's the Hulk even giving out for top 100? I haven't entered yet because I want to pick the last ending time but it's glitchy and won't let me.