Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Reverse Flash! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ruh roh

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What a loving show.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I missed the stinger, but what I did see was a very suspicious red and yellow blur.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Carlosologist posted:

I think that has to be Firestorm if nobody's dying or being attacked

Yeah Heat Wave just has a fire gun, like Captain Cold has an ice gun, he's not actually on fire.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Solaris Knight posted:

I missed the stinger, but what I did see was a very suspicious red and yellow blur.

Reverse Flash/Zoom just threatened Joe to stop investigating or he'll kill Iris.

You'd think Joe would put it together that just as he told Wells he's not going to stop he's getting threatened.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The Flash and Reverse Flash stuff was great, but the rest of it was kind of meh.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DC TV hitting ALL the right notes. Grodd, Boxing Glove Arrow, and now Zoom? :allears:

Give us the Rogues. We're ready :getin:

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
The weakest villain so far, which in turn made for a weaker episode? The Mist was sort of underwritten, but he wasn't meant to be a villain with personal stakes. Girder/Tony was a dumb dude, but in a way that didn't make enough sense (like, he'd have a nicer place than the foundry, right?)--I get what they want to do with the high school setting for the last fight, but it just takes that bad guy out of being a character we can understand.

During the episode, I realized that having Iris being interested in the "impossible" from the very beginning would've made her a more compelling character
and it would immediately give Joe a reason for wanting Barry to not tell her anything--that, coupled with Zoom's threatning Joe finally gives him a
good reason for wanting to protect his daughter.

I'm also liking the stakes raising up in the show. There's a bit of secret identity drama (that should fold pretty soon) in the cast, but there is a larger
issue of the metahuman secret. It's the *real* secret identity stakes of the show--what if the public at large discovers there are superpowered people, not
a crazy army like last year in Starling, but dudes who can turn into mist and kill you? That would get connected to Star Labs REAL FAST and put their whole
operation in danger--and when you find out about the Meta-Prison? That's even worse!

Not the best episode, but pretty effective course-correction for characters if that holds.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Scyantific posted:

DC TV hitting ALL the right notes . . .Boxing Glove Arrow

Say what? :siren:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Best line of the episode:

Thawne: "What kind of tool steal a yellow Humvee?"

West: "What kind of tool buys a yellow Humvee?"

Amen, Joe. Amen.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Say what? :siren:

Yah man, the whole Arrow thread collectively lost their poo poo during last week's episode when it happened.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Supersonic punch is the price Tin Man pays for dropping Old Glory :911:

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Wells has to be Zoom now. There is no other explanation there.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

LordNad posted:

Wells has to be Zoom now. There is no other explanation there.

I'm hesitant to make that leap based solely on one thing (spoilers probably):

There were some on-set shots of Barry fighting Reverse Flash, complete with the yellow outfit, in an upcoming episode and it definitely wasn't Welles in the suit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holy gently caress that ending stinger :flashfap:

Also :laugh: putting more people in the prison. This guy was a dick, but he doesn't deserve loving life in prison(where no one feeds him).

And of course Iris is going to keep writing her blog despite being put in very real danger. Iris you are the worst.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ComposerGuy posted:

I'm hesitant just based on the fact that telegraphing it this much this early in the season makes it seems like an obvious red herring.

It's cool how quickly the plot line is progressing though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Binary Logic posted:

Supersonic punch, baby!

Great special effects in that sequence.
Good call!

The punch didn't quite knock him out because Cisco couldn't account for that stupid fire door being in the way. Good thing Iris was there!

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also :laugh: putting more people in the prison. This guy was a dick, but he doesn't deserve loving life in prison(where no one feeds him).

Well on top of grand theft auto the multiple stolen ATM's and kidnapping. There is also multiple attempted murder charges when he tried to run the kid and other cops over. Also it's not said whether he killed the two cops guarding Iris. I mean he might not have gotten life but something pretty close to it.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

ComposerGuy posted:

There were some on-set shots of Barry fighting Reverse Flash, complete with the yellow outfit, in an upcoming episode and it definitely wasn't Welles in the suit

Could have been a stunt man

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Holy gently caress that ending stinger :flashfap:

And of course Iris is going to keep writing her blog despite being put in very real danger. Iris you are the worst.

What else are you going to do with the Man of Steel :laugh:? He can't go to regular prison. I agree it's a dick move to shove him in no lunch supermax but there really isn't a better way to deal with him at the moment.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Scyantific posted:

Yah man, the whole Arrow thread collectively lost their poo poo during last week's episode when it happened.

Holy poo poo I guess I am behind :aaaaa:

Also that loving ending stinger. There is no way that HG Wells (:haw:) isn't Zoom now.

I can't decide if I want his Tessa Morgan background to be some cold-blooded killing of the actual Harrison Wells in order to procure an identity in the current time though.

". . . When did you get into town?" Best line of the episode, and I love seeing a TV cop that's actually on the ball. Joe West is the best. :3:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LordNad posted:

no lunch supermax

:golfclap:

WarLocke posted:

". . . When did you get into town?" Best line of the episode, and I love seeing a TV cop that's actually on the ball. Joe West is the best. :3:

Joe would've figured out Oliver is the Arrow in 5 minutes. :colbert: A much better detective than Lance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I found it odd that Eddie Thawne was training Barry to be better when that's Hunter Zolomon's M.O.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Rhyno posted:

I found it odd that Eddie Thawne was training Barry to be better when that's Hunter Zolomon's M.O.

Honestly, I wouldn't count on them keeping the two characters separate. Zolomon's motivation is a lot easier for "drama" and basically provides exactly the kind CW shows normally go for.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Joe would've figured out Oliver is the Arrow in 5 minutes. :colbert: A much better detective than Lance.

In the crossover episode it turns out that West and Lance went to the academy together and Joe beat Lance at every cop metric.

e: Regarding the Wells/Thawne stuff, there were multiple Zooms in the comics right? They could use Wells as an initial big bad (thus taking him off Team Flash and forcing Barry into more of a leadership role) and then later on Thawne gets speed powers (given by Wells? :tinfoil:) and becomes Zoom II or whatever?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

e X posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't count on them keeping the two characters separate. Zolomon's motivation is a lot easier for "drama" and basically provides exactly the kind CW shows normally go for.

We already know they're going to be mixing up Wally and Barry. Tonight was a Wally villain and Linda Park is coming along as well.

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011
Let me just get this out of the way first, I love this show. That being said, is anyone else noticing and getting tired of the same wide-angle effect shots being used? I know it can't be cheap, but it's just something I've been noticing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Eddie is Reverse Flash, Wells is his Grandson!

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
What I found most interesting is the fact that with Wells giving Joe his backstory, they decided to also have Thawne give Barry his backstory.

Is Thawne's name a red herring? So intrigued.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

LordNad posted:

Could have been a stunt man

What else are you going to do with the Man of Steel :laugh:? He can't go to regular prison. I agree it's a dick move to shove him in no lunch supermax but there really isn't a better way to deal with him at the moment.

Give him to Waller for conscription into the Suicide Squad.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:golfclap:

Am I the only person who's of the mind that Lance totally knows, at least on a subconscious level, but is being willfully dense in order to keep things simple?

Similarly, Gordon TOTALLY knows that Bruce is Batman.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jesus Christ Barry, are you loving retarded? Lets just pull our mask to any loving guy who tries to murder you.

Detective Dad is still the best. Never give up chase every lead. Keep drinking scotch with a villain, it rules.

Good job Caitlyn pointing out Barry is being creepy as the Flash stalking Iris. LEt it go, dude.

I hope Eddie doesn't go evil for stupid reasons. He's like Captain Awesome from Chuck, except less awesome. A good guy who is good at everything.

Ollie should get royalties for coming up with the Flash :colbert:

Iris may have had some ground to stand on previously writing her blog, but it literally brought a super villain, albeit the lamest ducks of one, to her doorstep and got her rear end kidnapped.

That stinger :suspense:

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 19, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DoctorWhat posted:

Am I the only person who's of the mind that Lance totally knows, at least on a subconscious level, but is being willfully dense in order to keep things simple?

Similarly, Gordon TOTALLY knows that Bruce is Batman.

That's my working theory as well. "Officially I don't know, and I don't want anything to do with straining that facade."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My baseless speculation is that Thawne is Wells. He gets super speed in the future and ends up in the past after killing Nora, where he takes the identity of a doctor who died in a car crash.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

That stinger :suspense:

So we've clearly got the makings of either a fight through time as breadcrumbs are left behind since a lot of that streak was red at the beginning or Zoom/Reverse Flash is trying to ensure Barry becomes the Flash and stays that way. The Thawne being a Red Herring theory is getting more and more likely since, at this point, he'd never threaten Iris.

Aphrodite posted:

My baseless speculation is that Thawne is Wells. He gets super speed in the future and ends up in the past after killing Nora, where he takes the identity of a doctor who died in a car crash.
Edit: Wild theory: Wells is Barry after losing his speed.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I'm not even sure the crash was an accident. :tinfoil:

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

The Lord Bude posted:

Give him to Waller for conscription into the Suicide Squad.

She hasn't made contact with him so presumably Barry doesn't know about Argus or the SS. So that's not a viable option for him at the moment.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit: Wild theory: Wells is Barry after losing his speed.

Barry sure got all murdery after the Crisis then.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Barry sure got all murdery after the Crisis then.

I could think of a number of things that would push him over the edge. Up to and including the death of loved ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Xelkelvos posted:

I could think of a number of things that would push him over the edge. Up to and including the death of loved ones.

Zolomon is future Barry who couldn't save his loved ones and goes back in time to make himself a better hero :eng101:

• Locked thread