Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
What happened to clan wars? Why do I feel like everyone stopped giving a poo poo before it even started?

Also how's Far Cry 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yamacruiser
Sep 28, 2011

I am the one who knocks!

Wazzit posted:

What happened to clan wars? Why do I feel like everyone stopped giving a poo poo before it even started?

Also how's Far Cry 4.

Last I heard clan wars was pushed back. I believe the general consensus was they probably didn't have it working on time.

Also, imho, far cry 4 is awesome. It is essentially far cry 3 but with better graphics and more stuff. Game play is almost exactly the same.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I can't stop seeing the bad guy as Pete White but other than that fc4 is solid. Don't pay money for it though

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

What if I paid money for Call of Duty??

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Then you should play it with me so I can be carried to victory. Rippable.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Christoff posted:

how's exo ping on domination?

I feel like the best exo for domination should be the trophy system, but since it's such a late unlock I haven't had the opportunity to really try it out yet.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is there any point to prestiging once I've unlocked all my custom slots?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Gordon Shumway posted:

I feel like the best exo for domination should be the trophy system, but since it's such a late unlock I haven't had the opportunity to really try it out yet.

It's very good in Momentum, where the point explodes approximately "constantly."

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

The Merry Marauder posted:

It's very good in Momentum, where the point explodes approximately "constantly."

Last night was the first time I've played Momentum with you and the other guys and lmao at racking up 20+ assists each game by default launching two stuns over the point each life.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Gordon Shumway posted:

It's good. It more or less obsoletes Flak Jacket for objective modes; allowing you to keep actual, useful perks.
And it lasts, even without overcharge. Best part is you can activate it with a 'nade already at your feet, and it'll kill it.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Anyone want to help me finish out my cheevos in ExoSurvival?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Yamacruiser posted:

Last I heard clan wars was pushed back. I believe the general consensus was they probably didn't have it working on time.

Hilarious. Not surprising considering this is Beachhead we are talking about.

I assume they got another third party developer to make the COD app because the emblem editor seems well made and there's no fuckin way Beachhead is competent to make something working as intended. I was surprised when it pushed my emblem to the game with no problems and didn't delete my custom classes or something.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i still can't get over the fact that i can't name my bal27 build "BAL" because of profanity

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
please NWS your BAL posts thanks

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
:nws:I'll be so happy when the BAL get's nerfed.:nws:

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
I wonder how they'll go about nerfing it. It's not significantly superior to the other ARs, but I guess they could nerf the hipfire and make SMGs kinda worth using. A ROF nerf would probably be heavy-handed.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

They should just buff everything and nerf the ripped turret.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Just Nerf the bals hip fire accuracy

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
No BAL nerf, y'all should just get better.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone use a lot of SMGs? I like the mp11 and kf5. After using them without laser sight for hip firing I'm wondering if it's really needed and I'm better off with foregrip or something

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I haven't cashed in my MK14 drops in the remote chance that they actually buff that gun to be something worth using. It'd be nice if I'd get a drop for a gun that I actually use.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I haven't cashed in my MK14 drops in the remote chance that they actually buff that gun to be something worth using. It'd be nice if I'd get a drop for a gun that I actually use.
You must be utterly terrible, it's great. I wish I could INCREASE the recoil when zoomed with it because it's just like the M14 from MW2 - it's easy to put 4 rounds into the wall just above the shoulder on either side of a target's head, and the spread never gets big enough to nick and OHK them. If you can keep a bead on the target long enough to pull the trigger once or twice though, it's a murder machine. I probably have my second most skeet kills from the MK14, right behind the bulldog.

Unfortunately I haven't found an MK14 drop that reduces the accuracy slightly while keeping the other stats I want. :(

Christoff posted:

Anyone use a lot of SMGs? I like the mp11 and kf5. After using them without laser sight for hip firing I'm wondering if it's really needed and I'm better off with foregrip or something
I loved the MP11, and took off the laser sight after I had a good enough feel for its spread and center, that I could use that point for something else such as a grenade etc. I never put foregrip etc on them though because that might gently caress up the spread-hitbox I keep in my mind for that gun. ;)

Also the Tommy Gun rules, I got the Speakeasy and it's great for taking people out in midair or prolongued close encounter gunfights.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 19, 2014

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Wish all you nerds were playing right now.

Oh and the mk14 is bad in this game but I use it a ton.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I personally can't stand the BAL. You have to be shooting for a bit for it to get to the "overpowered" part of the spread and even then you should get the kill before then.

Like whenever I'm killed by it i don't think "I wouldent have died if that guy weren't using the BAL" I think "oh look that guy has a BAL, that's the forth one this match"

Overall, other than the shotguns and LMGs/Heavy Weapons being terrible, I'd say this is one of the more balanced iteration s of COD we've gotten

If only we could go back to the days of "everything is broken, but these few things are the most busted" of MW2 :sigh:

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Christoff posted:

I really like the KF5, I use it with a foregrip+silencer+extended mag+scavenger and basically shoot at anything and everything. The gun hip fires pretty good but it shines in close ranges ADS in my opinion. Especially in objective game modes, pre fire spots you think they may be. Kind of a basic idea but you can really use this to your advantage with this setup. Nice thing about the scavenger is you can just dump your mags every single time.

Chocolate fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 19, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

penis bandana posted:

Oh and the mk14 is bad in this game but I use it a ton.

I do too. In fact, i kept it for my prestige.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

penis bandana posted:

Xbox Live is making GBS threads itself at the moment.

Sorry, "Access is Limited"

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
FYI guys, BOYS has GOLD tags now.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

The Machinima Man posted:

FYI guys, BOYS has GOLD tags now.

How many more must die to sate the WELL GOD's hunger, you monster?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

SilentW posted:

How many more must die to sate the WELL GOD's hunger, you monster?

Depends. 200 times in one match? I'd say 200 more must die.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

The Merry Marauder posted:

Xbox Live is making GBS threads itself at the moment.

Sorry, "Access is Limited"

Seems to be working at the moment

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

quote:

Affected services:

Accessing or retrieving data stored using cloud storage

Joining other Xbox Live members in online games

Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing

Sending text messages to other Xbox Live members

Unlocking achievements

i.e. "everything"

Couldn't get into MP, myself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wazzit posted:

They should just buff everything and nerf the ripped turret.

Mk. 14 - three hits to kill at point blank; never forget. :argh:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Chocolate posted:

I really like the KF5, I use it with a foregrip+silencer+extended mag+scavenger and basically shoot at anything and everything. The gun hip fires pretty good but it shines in close ranges ADS in my opinion. Especially in objective game modes, pre fire spots you think they may be. Kind of a basic idea but you can really use this to your advantage with this setup. Nice thing about the scavenger is you can just dump your mags every single time.

Yeah it is pretty fun. The mp11 is great for true run and gun close quarters like a loon but such few maps cater to it. I just want it to be like the mp7 :(

I can never manage enough double kills to get extended mags before i prestige lol. The time allotted to get them is so low.

It is pretty good with silencer. Are you running it with low profile and blast suppressor? I really like lightweight on SMGs but it's definitely not required

Post your kf5/mp11 builds itt

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

All COD games start as assault rifle games because they're the easiest weapons to use on unfamiliar maps and all COD games start with awful connection issues because only hardcore players buy the game and continue to play it at launch, connections improve around Christmas because there's a wider sample size for peer-to-peer matchmaking.

Like 2/3 shotguns and gently caress, the KNIFE are all completely viable ways to play and I can do really well with all three. SMGs need a buff, the ARs dont really need a nerf. gently caress LMGs they've always been a nerd weapon anyway

Also how about that fuckin' Spike Drone

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Spike drone equals this things going to make noise and blow up, but you're gonna be fine.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Rei_ posted:

gently caress LMGs they've always been a nerd weapon anyway

uhhhhhhhhh, mods?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've been playing a lot of HCKC and this game is a lot more fun when every gun is easily viable, even little wiener lasers or shotguns with garbage range, they're all viable in HC.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

The Berzerker posted:

I've been playing a lot of HCKC and this game is a lot more fun when every gun is easily viable, even little wiener lasers or shotguns with garbage range, they're all viable in HC.

You're telling me it's better in hardcore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

Mk. 14 - three hits to kill at point blank; never forget. :argh:
This makes me so sad. Even in HC it's kind of a turd: too long to ads, requiring multiple shots to kill. What did you do, Sledgehammer? :(

• Locked thread