Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

watho posted:

It's him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He's actually Pat pulling an elaborate ruse. It's the podcast version of Sting hiding behind a Sting mask.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HOLY gently caress

Anyways pleased to meet you Matt! Tell me, how was ACUnity? Are you psyched for the next season of Jojo this winter? Do you do movie riffs sometimes?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Grouchio posted:

HOLY gently caress

Anyways pleased to meet you Matt! Tell me, how was ACUnity? Are you psyched for the next season of Jojo this winter? Do you do movie riffs sometimes?

u suck

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I ask an internet celebrity questions and you poo poo all over me. Who do you think you are?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Grouchio posted:

I ask an internet celebrity questions and you poo poo all over me. Who do you think you are?

Calm down.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually, I'm Pat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

The average SA poster. Hi welcome to Something Awful prepare to be shat on at any moment here and you'll be fine. Otherwise you're going to spend all of your time on this website worked up into a bigger frenzy than a dog hearing the doorbell ring.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This always happens. I do something nice like talk a girl out of committing suicide and the world craps on my feelings.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't do this.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grouchio posted:

This always happens. I do something nice like talk a girl out of committing suicide and the world craps on my feelings.

Grouchio posted:

I'm still surprised that Matt and Pat deconstructed and tore apart The Evil Within.

Especially compared to Markiplier/Pewds LP.

Hope that helps

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hope that helps
At least I can tolerate their shenanigans.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You also think Tokyo Ghoul is good and totally not overrated.

I'm enjoying the Evil Within play through by the way! The small callbacks and the spooky poo poo is really fun even if the game itself is kinda subpar so far, but it might surprise me yet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Compendium posted:

You also think Tokyo Ghoul is good and totally not overrated.

I'm enjoying the Evil Within play through by the way! The small callbacks and the spooky poo poo is really fun even if the game itself is kinda subpar so far, but it might surprise me yet.

To be fair the range in quality of things I read these days is rather wide. I just like talking about that series sometimes.

And yes I enjoy the evil within play throughs as well.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Grouchio posted:

:eyepop:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Watch out boys, got a cool guy over here.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I wonder if this is why pat hates us...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Talked with a friend about the icon thing and he wanted to do something just for funsies (just seein if there is a way to get the 4 in a small block)

Just what he's doin now :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt, please put the Cube Ninja homebrew storyline in the news docket next week.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

Matt, please put the Cube Ninja homebrew storyline in the news docket next week.

Especially Amazon's out of stock message that boils down to "why is this game sold out we don't understand"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I wonder if this is why pat hates us...
sa is a hilarious trainwreck

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

quakster posted:

you talk as if NeoGAF isn't a hilarious trainwreck as well

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
At least we can take kind solace in the fact that we're not the Giant Bomb thread.

Yet.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Hey Matt, how niche are you guys willing to consider for fighting games for Fisticuffs(or just for normal videos)?

Would you do weird doujin games like the Touhou fighting games?(Immaterial and Missing Power is a legit fascinating fightgame) Bizarre rip-offs like Tattoo Assassins? Regular crazy bullshit like Power Instinct? Or just plain licensed games like the One Piece of Kinnikuman fighting games for things you might not familiar with?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A Meat posted:

Hey Matt, how niche are you guys willing to consider for fighting games for Fisticuffs(or just for normal videos)?

Would you do weird doujin games like the Touhou fighting games?(Immaterial and Missing Power is a legit fascinating fightgame) Bizarre rip-offs like Tattoo Assassins? Regular crazy bullshit like Power Instinct? Or just plain licensed games like the One Piece of Kinnikuman fighting games for things you might not familiar with?

I think it was said before that it has to pass a woolie test on if it's worth the time or something like that.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Talked with a friend about the icon thing and he wanted to do something just for funsies (just seein if there is a way to get the 4 in a small block)

Just what he's doin now :v:

I don't understand, why is the axe in Matt's hand and not at the bottom of a chasm?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think it was said before that it has to pass a woolie test on if it's worth the time or something like that.
Yeah, Woolie controls Scrublords and decides who lives and who dies. So if it doesn't have a slightly-to-massively OP grappler you're out of luck.

Roach Warehouse posted:

I don't understand, why is the axe in Matt's hand and not at the bottom of a chasm?
One comes before the other. Also, that sprite reminds me of Sonic Battle on GBA for some weird reason.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quakster posted:

Nah It's just a trainwreck.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Kins posted:

Yeah, Woolie controls Scrublords and decides who lives and who dies. So if it doesn't have a slightly-to-massively OP grappler you're out of luck.

So why haven't they played Melty Blood yet. Play Melty.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
When we run out of great to decent fighting games for Fisticuffs (which should be soon) we'll move onto Saturday Night Scrublords, I think.

That pixel art of me is sick!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I figured it would be best to show you now before Pat and the others show up. It's important to get the leader done first after all.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

A Meat posted:

I think anything with a broken boss character Woolie can secretly practice with is fair game.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheRealestMatt posted:

When we run out of great to decent fighting games for Fisticuffs (which should be soon) we'll move onto Saturday Night Scrublords, I think.

That pixel art of me is sick!

I can't wait for the Dong Dong Never Die episode.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heads up but Swery said that the D4 soundtrack will be up tomorrow at some point.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

It's not that you asked an internet celebrity questions, its that two of your three questions can be answered by 1. listening to this weeks podcast matt just told the thread to listen to, and 2. digging around on their website for a couple minutes.

edit: Actually, I had a hard time finding this because its not under any tags.. but I'm pretty sure this is the only movie riff they've done

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/super-best-friends-watch-samurai-cop/

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

At least he's not as bad as that other weirdo we had in here a few months ago legit asking Matt if Pat was a drug addict :wtc:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Saturday Night Scrublords

Yessssssss, finally some time for War Gods and Fighters Destiny to shine!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Heads up but Swery said that the D4 soundtrack will be up tomorrow at some point.

I'm going to buy five copies.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Strange Quark posted:

I'm going to buy five copies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnm5ClGdkjo

God, this song is so fuckin' good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watching the Korra finale and I have to say I find something hilarious about this giant monster using tiny monsters as a attack. "Yeah you understand it's a budget thing when you see one guy using other guys for a attack."

Here I thought they liked the Wonderful 101 :v:. Also man Woolie sounds drained.

Edit: Yeouch, at about the halfway mark the commentary gets really far ahead of the game audio, like by a full 10 seconds.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 20, 2014