Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Roshen posted:

There are no plans at this time to offer The Darkened Sea as free content on the test server.

Players that have purchased this expansion will be able to play in The Darkened Sea content on all servers, including test server.

Looks like having people post on eqlive about free expansions and gold on test every couple weeks finally paid off.

lol, people literally asking for their FV raid copies to get transferred to live.

quote:

I am taking advantage of the great gear copy on test.
But I am also All access with TDS.
I would like a transfer off TEST if everyone is going to leave.
I understand that if I leave with what I have , this may cause a bit of an imbalance, but I hope whoever is in charge of this decision if it gets made,, would understand that I bought Kronos from S.O.E. and farmed tons of Plat to afford the perk of having that gear on test.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

That's great, not only do I not have to worry about accidentally leveling one of my SKs to 100 but also means more victims in Grounds.

I bought TDS for the only account I plan on playing legit anyway.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Too bad, can't log on like a fart in the wind and try to find content to break. I like logging in once in a while but I'm not paying for it.

Also love the whole 'I PAID FOR THIS!!!!' part of transferring off. Sure we'll let your raid geared, xp pots/clickies out the rear end raid copy off. Surely having a bunch of clueless mongs in raid gear with zillions in plat and various sellable items loose on live servers will be good for the game.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 12, 2014

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Test coming down today for a patch, god what I wouldn't give for them to disable testcopying from FV with it.

Darkhand is LoB pretty much done now or are you guys going to keep raiding old poo poo forever?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Uhhh well I'd like to say we are looking to beat Tower of Rot and see what happens, but tuesday we had the lowest turn out in a very long time. We went to WK1 wiped once, then beat it, but the instance evaporated with the chest unlooted.

Many people are pissed and won't buy the expansion so yeah we're done at any "serious" capacity. loving sucks.

I should be happy it gives me an excuse to play on live but this seriously sucked the EQ life out of me, for now.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 12, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

RIP LoB.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
RIP.

You guys should all just come play P99 with me and Zliz, it's pretty fun

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I want to do something fun to end it with a bang. What would be cool? I'm thinking of like a no armor tov romp or something

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Lemme know when and I'll reinstall and log in for the big anti-celebration :toot:

It should be something NToV related just because of our history with that god-forsaken zone

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Even though I got booted eons ago I'll hop on to troll your raid or whatever too.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

What kind of logic goes into that mentality, seriously. I know I already said it to you in game but I can't fathom how someone can think of themselves as a serious raider then refuse to buy an expansion and quit over it. I've seen so much insecurity from LoB people in general chat in the past about how they're 'just the same' as live raiders and their ridiculous Test perks mean nothing, then to act like children over this is like seeing someone get slapped with a wet trout.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Mostly because you're attempting to equate an entire guild to the 2-3 people in it who troll General chat. For the most part LoB doesn't even really like those people. Everybody else doesn't care enough to pay that much money to play the game, so they didn't and thus the raid attendance dropped. 90% of the guild doesn't even join General chat, just a couple people who troll because they're bored and a couple who whine because they're little baby-men who base their self-worth off of EQ and their "roleplay experience"

FWIW more might've been willing to pay if the xpac wasn't a steaming pile of poo poo

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 13, 2014

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Nah, LoB is easy as poo poo to troll, say one negative thing about them and half the guild joins general chat to froth at the mouth about how they're the best on Test and totally don't have it easy mode raiding and still manage to be complete fuckups.

I mean I'm objectively a bad person since I'll train anybody who looks at me the wrong way but even I can take part of ridiculing other Bad People who got their comeuppance. Sucks for Darkhand though, he deserves better.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 13, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

FWIW more might've been willing to pay if the xpac wasn't a steaming pile of poo poo

Yeah, unless you're in a real raiding guild that cares about clearing new raids, this expansion is such a waste of money.

And even for raiders, it's more that we're stuck with the choice of get the expansion or quit.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
I just copied all my toons from Cazic Thule over the weekend. Was looking forward to double xp and free gold/xpacs.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

They'll probably end up giving it to Test eventually, it was just stupid for them to have let Test get this way to begin with, we have like 5x the population of Fippy for crying out loud.

People actually started treating Test as a real server with both the raidcopying and advertising all over to just come play on Test and get everything for free and I guess they wanted to start tapping the mine that Test could provide.

edit: did I mention Test? TEST TEST TEST

edit edit: Someone DDoSing SOE? Got DC'd on all accounts and the website isn't even working now. Nevermind fixed.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 13, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Elidroth said in an unrelated thread that the expansion sold well. It was in response to Kelefane, who he hates. And I do too, just because it's Kelefane. But you have to wonder if forcing Test to buy TDS really means it sold well.

SOE would have filed chapter 11 years ago if you couldn't box in Everquest.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Elidroth said in an unrelated thread that the expansion sold well. It was in response to Kelefane, who he hates. And I do too, just because it's Kelefane. But you have to wonder if forcing Test to buy TDS really means it sold well.

If Kelefane keeps predicting the death of everquest for another 10 years, be might end up being right. Elidroth can't be trusted for correct info, esp since the post he was replying to said that it didn't sell well AND sold less than 10k copies. Subscribers numbers are something that's been well guarded for a long time now.

Midnight City posted:

People actually started treating Test as a real server with both the raidcopying and advertising all over to just come play on Test and get everything for free and I guess they wanted to start tapping the mine that Test could provide.

edit: did I mention Test? TEST TEST TEST

Yep, the open recruiting of FREE GOLD AND EXPANSIONS is what caused this. Now Test gets to pay for this shitheap of an expansion, too.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Yep, the open recruiting of FREE GOLD AND EXPANSIONS is what caused this. Now Test gets to pay for this shitheap of an expansion, too.

But we won't :smugdog:

Kelefane posted a big I'M QUITTING thread on EGN, got trolled, and kept posting in it until people suckered him into talking about using MQ2, so if you guys hate him that much you can go get his characters banned :v:

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

70mb patch tonight with a lot of what looks to be big changes that probably should've been figured out before they actually released TDS.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

What are the meaningful ones? I glanced at the patch notes but since I haven't actually tried TDS, all that stood out were the port/bind changes that 100% only happened because of jetz0r and them making extra sure they'd fully murdered HAs in every possible way

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
At first glance HAs are totally hosed now, the mobs in them give little exp and the completion gives you the bulk of it. There's also an NPC that gives out some quest to do four random HAs and I imagine that gives you a bigger chunk of exp. That in itself is a good idea, but you can't lesson burn in HAs anymore since the mobs give less exp which is really bad, and stupid too. And dumb.

TDS sounds like it will give decent exp all around, and the horrible melee resist has been changed to reasonable levels.

The best part for me by far is that wizard mercs will finally cast no matter what stance they are on and will not get braindead and stand still if you engage a mob out of range.

The patch doesn't really change anything huge. They haven't addressed spell drops, or the lack of chests in missions, which I thought would be really loving obvious. Either that's coming in the next patch, or it intended "to lengthen the experience and Fun Value of TDS."

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

What are the meaningful ones? I glanced at the patch notes but since I haven't actually tried TDS, all that stood out were the port/bind changes that 100% only happened because of jetz0r and them making extra sure they'd fully murdered HAs in every possible way

I am claiming the following patch note lines

- Fixed some NPCs in Degmar that were not intended to see through invisiblity. This includes Degmar guards and determined diggers. Degmar guardians and Degmar archers continue to see through invisibility, as intended.

- Players may now bind in Brother Island, Thuliasaur Island, and the Tempest Temple.

I reported this in beta, but who knows if elidroth read that.
- Druid - Hastened Recall - Added tertiary recall ranks 4, 5, and 6.

Node posted:

The patch doesn't really change anything huge. They haven't addressed spell drops, or the lack of chests in missions, which I thought would be really loving obvious. Either that's coming in the next patch, or it intended "to lengthen the experience and Fun Value of TDS."

Yeah, TDS is still awful. I still have no place to solo. All I can tell from changes is that they're either trying to ruin the game or have literally no clue what it's like to play EQ.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Give all the other zones 2-3 raids, add mission chests, add HAs to the zones missing them, add hard mode to missions and HAs, add an anniversary Solteris raid. TDS goes from trash-tier to Legacy of Ykesha tier?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Give all the other zones 2-3 raids, add mission chests, add HAs to the zones missing them, add hard mode to missions and HAs, add an anniversary Solteris raid. TDS goes from trash-tier to Legacy of Ykesha tier?

That would be at least (7*2 + 7) raids. They had time to make 5+2, kinda. I doubt they could get one raid per a zone, plus a Solteris remake done by anniversary. New raids need to be pushed live around/before April/May, to avoid going live in summer dead time like PoWar.

I didn't pay a LOT of attention to new NPC spells in beta, but I don't remember seeing anything indicating that more raids were being worked on. Beta isn't allowing patches anymore, but the last version of my eqgame.exe lists the same zones it has been.

interiorwalltest Wall Wall Wall burnedwoods The Burned Woods pomischief The Plane of Mischief plhpirateshipint Pirate Ship tempesttemple Tempest Temple degmar Degmar, the Lost Castle thuliasaur Thuliasaur Island endlesscaverns Caverns of Endless Song dredge Combine Dredge kattacastrumb Katta Castrum: Deluge brotherisland Brother Island arxmentis Arx Mentis exalted Exalted Paineel arginhiz Argin-Hiz towerofrot Tower of Rot plhbixieint Bixie Hive thevoidh ethernere Ethernere Tainted West Karana deadhills The Dead Hills bixiewarfront Bixie Warfront neriakd Neriak - Fourth Gate

PoM and Burned Woods have been there since RoF. They're either instances, or abandoned projects. Exalted showed up around the time that AH, rot and some of the TDS zones showed up. Unlike RoF and CotF, there's no indication of another tier being planned for TDS gear or focuses. But there IS a chance that Exalted shows up convo style as a T3 for us.

Given that they're doubling down on the exp nerfs, this game is hosed. There's certainly a path that EQ could take over the next 5 months to not be horrible, but I don't see any indication that this dev team wants to go that way.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Oh, I know they aren't going to add any more raids, at least a large amount of them. I was brainstorming on what could elevate TDS one tier above poo poo.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I have some characters stuck at level 90. Is it worth doing HA's, with all the radical changes to them, for the next 10 levels?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bahanahab posted:

I have some characters stuck at level 90. Is it worth doing HA's, with all the radical changes to them, for the next 10 levels?

It just means that it is less effective to use smaller parties. I did one yesterday on my 89 shm and half of the exp I got came from the turn in. The other half was 100% xp potted on test. Without test/pot the xp would be pretty abysmal. Total it was just over 25% of a level, so that leaves something to be desired.

e: that's in a level 100 HA, too. so the xp should have been a lot better

Setset fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 14, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

The only way, after the new patch, that you even get xp from them is if you have a massive chunk of time to play. You have to get the quest from the guy to do 4x HAs as a daily, and finish them all. You can no longer grind XP from a single HA in any meaningful way. You can't burn lesson in them anymore regardless of how long you have to play since the double xp doesn't apply to the HA completion XP hit, just the mob kills which have had their xp reduced.

I would not personally ever run an HA again at this point

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

The only way, after the new patch, that you even get xp from them is if you have a massive chunk of time to play. You have to get the quest from the guy to do 4x HAs as a daily, and finish them all. You can no longer grind XP from a single HA in any meaningful way. You can't burn lesson in them anymore regardless of how long you have to play since the double xp doesn't apply to the HA completion XP hit, just the mob kills which have had their xp reduced.

He gives a bonus for each/any HA on his list. Not for completing ALL of them.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

So where is the cool guy Lesson burn spot? I guess Argin? HA changes are soooooooooo dumb. They were wildly successful for a reason, then SOE takes a poo poo on the players actually using them. People want to bump in some exp before doing other cool poo poo, not XP literally all day for weeks. Decisions like this are why people pick up the new WoW expansions., XP and gear at the same time??!! Who knew??!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
NeriakD around the Queen's Palace might be okay as long as you don't pull the Queen's room. It's densely packed inside, but I'm not sure if you would run out of mobs or not.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Anybody know what you're supposed to do in the OoW raid trial Mastery of Foresight? Alla just says to kill the 6 dragorn on the platforms and you win, I did that and it failed me with a 3 hour lockout so trial and error is going to be dumb. I know there's no real reason to be doing it, just want to do it.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah it's an emote encounter like Hatchet etc. I haven't actually done it recently since there's no benefit to winning it these days, so I'm just going to guess failing the emotes prevents you from brute forcing it or you wouldn't be having issues.

Assuming you really can't just ignore the emotes b/c of brute force and are trying to box it, filter the emotes to a separate chat window and focus on those. Each box will have to move/not-move/duck/etc depending on the emote. It's not a super-intense emote fight, but if you can't just ignore them, you'll have to pay attention to them and deal with whatever they ask before you worry about doing damage or whatever.

@darkhand - someone who will remain nameless but isn't hard to figure out is paying me to use Kodaji month to month as of a few hours ago. I made him swear not to say a word in any channel while on Kod, but go ahead and boot Kod out of guild or whatever please, rather not have my character associated with anything he happens to say and I don't have the game installed right now to log in and do it myself.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

@darkhand - someone who will remain nameless but isn't hard to figure out is paying me to use Kodaji month to month as of a few hours ago. I made him swear not to say a word in any channel while on Kod, but go ahead and boot Kod out of guild or whatever please, rather not have my character associated with anything he happens to say and I don't have the game installed right now to log in and do it myself.

Too late, kodaji has been roleplaying with rbd for hours.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Too late, kodaji has been roleplaying with rbd for hours.

ahahaha this is probably true, but I TRIED.

I have no idea why said person wanted to pay me money every month for Kod since Kod's worse as sheer pixel numbers than he has access to for sure, but I'm not gonna turn down free Paypal monthly bill for something I'm not even using regardless~ I'm pretty sure I mentioned said person wanting Kodaji a while back in this very thread when I moved to Chile, so not like it's a big secret anyway. Only thing he could've wanted out of Kod was reputation, so I'd rather that not be tied to LoB in any way since I love those kids and would rather troll them myself.

I didn't let him change the email or anything on the account, so I can always just jack it back if said person who's highly outspoken on the forums happens to start using Kod as his new soapbox. I'll remain my own rear end in a top hat, thanks.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What is the current state of monks? I think I'm level 94 or so and have a t5 healer merc and 5 or 6k AA. Moloed a lot in the valley till I stopped about 9 months ago.

Any new poo poo I need to get ASAP or fancy quests etc?

I'm guessing there's little point to buying the current expansion from all the comments saying that it blows.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Found the problem with raid Trial of Foresight and GM confirmed it's bugged, problem is that as soon as one person dies you immediately fail. I didn't notice it the first time because I killed the last guy a split second after one of the bots died so I thought I might've killed too fast, tried again killing slow and as soon as the level 65 died it auto failed.

MrTheDevious posted:

I have no idea why said person wanted to pay me money every month for Kod since Kod's worse as sheer pixel numbers than he has access to for sure, but I'm not gonna turn down free Paypal monthly bill for something I'm not even using regardless

Just when I thought goons couldn't get any weirder.

Tai posted:

What is the current state of monks? I think I'm level 94 or so and have a t5 healer merc and 5 or 6k AA. Moloed a lot in the valley till I stopped about 9 months ago.

I'm not 100% but the general opinion I saw was monks kinda sucked in the HoT-VoA era but starting with RoF they became real good again, so you have that to look forward to. If you're on Test look me up and I'll PL you so you can skip the bullshit era.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 19, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
So I bought a shirt from J!NX as part of SOE's Birthday thing and they gave me a code that gives you a bunch of free stuff in most of their games. I'm a Planetside 2 player but the item that it gives for that is something that pretty much everyone among us has, so I figured I'd give the code to you guys. Funny enough this thread seems to be the most active out of all of the Everquest threads.

The code grants you:

-Proximity Mine Pack (Everquest Landmark)
-Stormwind Komodo Mount (Everquest 2)
-Ognit's Mini Dirigible Device (Everquest)
-J!NX t-shirt (H1Z1)
-NS-11P platinum-plated assault rifle and J!NX decal (Planetside 2)

TF72-XCPK-KGCA-RAD9-32E4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Midnight City posted:

Found the problem with raid Trial of Foresight and GM confirmed it's bugged, problem is that as soon as one person dies you immediately fail. I didn't notice it the first time because I killed the last guy a split second after one of the bots died so I thought I might've killed too fast, tried again killing slow and as soon as the level 65 died it auto failed.

Just when I thought goons couldn't get any weirder.

I'm not 100% but the general opinion I saw was monks kinda sucked in the HoT-VoA era but starting with RoF they became real good again, so you have that to look forward to. If you're on Test look me up and I'll PL you so you can skip the bullshit era.

It's not a goon but it is one of the strangest people on Test, which is saying a whole lot :v:

Monks are great now, they just had DPS issues for a while, so go take his PL and you'll like the class. You probably will anyway since the monks=suck issue was really only a raid thing

Somebody grab that awesome code for sure, that dirigible is fun :3: