Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

iOS 8.1.1 has just been released, so NOW the jailbreak is on it's deathbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Here's hoping my jailbreak woes don't require another restore then.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
The new version of LittleBrother supports contact images in the Messages app and I'm so happy I could squeal.

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001
Is Apple still signing 8.1? I put off updating/re-JBing my iPad a little too long.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

el_caballo posted:

Is Apple still signing 8.1? I put off updating/re-JBing my iPad a little too long.

As of this moment they are still signing but that could change anytime..

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
What are the odds of someone jailbreaking 7.1.2? As the last version the iPhone 4 is gonna get, it's a good target.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Pangu works on that as well. My iphone 4 is on jb 7.1.2 right now.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Javid posted:

What are the odds of someone jailbreaking 7.1.2? As the last version the iPhone 4 is gonna get, it's a good target.

Effectively zero.

There's a small minute chance a hobbyist could release one, but again it's extremely unlikely that will ever happen.

The big players are no doubt taking a break awaiting the first iOS 9 beta to begin working on the next jailbreak.

It's not going to happen.

This is just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I'm probably more right than wrong..

Edit: I didn't realize pangu worked for it..so you're in luck dude!!!

I still think this could be applied to iOS 8. I don't think we'll see another jailbreak for iOS 8.

decypher fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 18, 2014

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Sweet. I'm on 7.1.0 or something and already good and jailbroken but it'd be nice to be current.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
That's the only single redeeming thing coming out of apple's absurdly short obsolescence timeline - your device will always be jailbreakable on its latest possible firmware.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Actually, I would be pretty surprised if another jailbreak doesn't come out in the 8.x.x line. Maybe not 8.1.1, or soon, but we probably have a long time until 9 comes out.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Well my phone should ship within the next 1-2 days so hopefully I can still JB when it gets here :(

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Less incentive/excuse to upgrade to a 6 or 6+. First it was the money, now its the size/carrier issues. I may stick with my 5S for a bit. Feel like I'm getting old.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

EconOutlines posted:

Less incentive/excuse to upgrade to a 6 or 6+. First it was the money, now its the size/carrier issues. I may stick with my 5S for a bit. Feel like I'm getting old.

Man, I have a 5 and my plan is to hold on until the 7.

If you can't make it two years with a phone then you've got problems. I'm just extreme so I want to make it 4 years.

Each successful generation is making it easier and easier to keep the phone longer. The performance gains aren't as radical anymore. Making it four years with an iPhone 4 would have been tough, but people did it. Doing it with an iPhone 5 or above will be a walk in the park.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I'm much the same. My i5 still runs like the day I got it even with ios8.1 on it. I don't do much in it other than light browsing and some txting. Maybe music if I'm commuting to work.
Can't justify the price of a new phone that I wouldn't see the benefit of other than a bigger screen. I use my iPad for that anyway.

But I totally see how someone with an iPhone 4 would be itching to upgrade.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Moose-Alini posted:

Actually, I would be pretty surprised if another jailbreak doesn't come out in the 8.x.x line. Maybe not 8.1.1, or soon, but we probably have a long time until 9 comes out.

I remember when iOS 7.1.x came out, people were saying jailbreaking would never happen again. And now we have jailbreaks for iOS 7.x.x AND 8.

It will happen, it just takes time. If there's a will (and a bunch of Chinese hackers), there's a way.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

8.1.1 is already cracked: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/11/19/ih8sn0w-8-1-1-jailbreak/

This doesn't mean too much for the time being, but hey

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah it is pretty funny that for the last couple years every jailbreak was the last jailbreak. And then one of the jailbreak dudes went to work for apple, right?

Yet they still keep coming out, heh. At this point I don't think an ios won't be jailbroken.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

How would Apple get new features if there wasn't jailbreaks.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

TheMightyHandful posted:

How would Apple get new features if there wasn't jailbreaks.

Android users

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I remember agreeing with all the talk in this thread that it would be upwards of six months before 8 was jailbroken. There's usually a public jailbreak as soon as an iOS comes out, then Apple patches a few times, then another jailbreak comes out when it looks like Apple is done with the major version.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Some power user tell me some cool/innovative/interesting things to use Activator for. It's so hugely featured that it takes a while to dive into. Right now I just have "double click sleep" to toggle the flashlight because that's one I used way back in the day.

What cool new features/integration does Activator have these days?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Some power user tell me some cool/innovative/interesting things to use Activator for. It's so hugely featured that it takes a while to dive into. Right now I just have "double click sleep" to toggle the flashlight because that's one I used way back in the day.

I have created a custom menu tied to my power button: long press brings up a menu for Respring/Reboot/Safe Mode/Shut down.

Swiping left or right on the status bar dims and brightens the backlight.

A tap on the screen with three fingers brings up a tweak menu.

When I connect to my car's bluetooth I have certain settings turn on/off.

Those are the ones I can think of off top of my head.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

long press vol+ next track
long press vol- previous track

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I set long hold volume up/down to be next/previous track. Disabled sleep/shutdown button when phone is locked.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Does anyone have the iPad3,1_8.1_12B410_Restore.ipsw they can share with me? Looks like appldnd.apple.com is down at the moment and I know they're going to close the signing window soon.

e: VVV I found a mirror, but that is weird. I used Chrome and Firefox to no avail.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 20, 2014

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

ibntumart posted:

Does anyone have the iPad3,1_8.1_12B410_Restore.ipsw they can share with me? Looks like appldnd.apple.com is down at the moment and I know they're going to close the signing window soon.

I just checked and I'm able to download it using their direct link: http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS8.1/031-09018.20141020.FTd5f/iPad3,1_8.1_12B410_Restore.ipsw

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
red vs blue dot gif
Weird. I found him the same link but it was throwing out errors for me in firefox. Checked in Chrome and it started downloading immediately.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know their way around Springtomize 3 better than me?

I just JB'd my iPad Air and was going through my normal selections; selected "Hide Dock" instead of "Hide Background". The issue is that my Cydia icon was on the dock & I already had Springtomize configured to hide its own icon. How do I get the dock back?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Anyone know their way around Springtomize 3 better than me?

I just JB'd my iPad Air and was going through my normal selections; selected "Hide Dock" instead of "Hide Background". The issue is that my Cydia icon was on the dock & I already had Springtomize configured to hide its own icon. How do I get the dock back?

Able to access them from a Spotlight search?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

spongeworthy posted:

Able to access them from a Spotlight search?

A firm grasp of the obvious, I do not possess. Thanks...that was all I needed to do.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I just discovered springtomize and I love it. Uninstalled most of my other tweaks, cause this does them better. Fixed my problem with how messed up more than 4 icons on the dock looked on 6+, however lock screen animations kept making my screen go black and not come back with less than a respring. Like as if I had no backlight and couldn't see anything at all.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Is there any jailbreak app that will let me set per-app quiet hours? I have a few apps I use for work and I don't want notifications from them outside work hours.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

kitten smoothie posted:

Is there any jailbreak app that will let me set per-app quiet hours? I have a few apps I use for work and I don't want notifications from them outside work hours.

None that I know of. Used to be a tweak called Abstergo that would let you set reminders for notifications and such, but I'm not sure of its current status.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Push for Gmail is updated and out for iOS 8

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Doesn't the Gmail app already do push?

Is there any tweak to require Touch ID only after a set amount of time like the passcode? 5, 10 mins etc. You can set a passcode to do that but when you add Touch ID it greys it out

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Christoff posted:

Doesn't the Gmail app already do push?
Yes. Push for Gmail must just skim off the notifications to the official Gmail app and use them to trigger Mail.app to fetch.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Why not just use the gmail app

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

goodness posted:

Why not just use the gmail app

No unified inbox with non-gmail accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

No unified inbox with non-gmail accounts.

I guess that would be for people who have to use something else for work? You can forward those all to gmail too.

• Locked thread