Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
Prediction: Terezi will at some point click her heels together while thinking of John's phrase and end up in the new alpha timeline/the past with all memories intact. She'll direct John's use of retcon powers to save as many people as possible. The price may be her own life.

Maybe none of that will happen, but I have a hard time believing Jade's shoes aren't on her feet for a reason beyond mere ruby deliciousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Bilirubin posted:

And I'd hoped she'd get her tiger

She basically can't. The only quest beds we know of are on your planet, on Skaia, or in your moon's core. None of those exist for her anymore, and if they did she's 3+ years away from all of them.

No more trolls will ever god tier without John loving with their session.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

She basically can't. The only quest beds we know of are on your planet, on Skaia, or in your moon's core. None of those exist for her anymore, and if they did she's 3+ years away from all of them.

Couldn't Kanaya get it now, in the past, on LOFAF?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Well that depends on whether they can use other people's quest beds. Terezi still probably couldn't but in THEORY Kanaya could potentially use Jade's?

Beaten.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

glowing-fish posted:

I am kind of proud of myself because I actually guessed something right! When Terezi was asking John to come up with a phrase, I was thinking "I wonder if it is going to be some type of title drop?" and indeed, it was.

I also am not sure that Terezi really did fail. I think she succeeded, but just didn't want to tell John what she was doing.

"some kind of title drop"
???

it's a the wizard of oz quote

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

There's no place like homestuck.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Moddington posted:

There's no place like homestuck.

Thank god.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Homestuck fact: if you watch all the important flashes in a row they sync up perfectly with Dark Side Of The Moon

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

First of all, goddamnit John, when someone is beating herself up and is saying that she's wasted her life, you don't just say "I guess you're right."
Re: Terezi's mindy thing, that fizzle sound effect sure seeemd to imply a power failure to me.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 19, 2014

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am now thinking that instead of John immediately fixing everything his first retcon will be to somehow inspire Terezi who will then come up with the plan to save the day.

I still hope that she somehow gets a tiger. Maybe she'll somehow enter a dream bubble with a mind quest crypt.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
If trolls went god tier, the t-shirts sales would drop

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

If trolls went god tier, the t-shirts sales would drop

But sales of god tier hoodies would spike.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

curiousTerminal posted:

Roxy could easily conjure one up if told to by a certain big rear end goddess of the night.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just realized, the last few panels are a call back to when Terezi let Vriska go way back in Act 5. And that moment turned out to just be one possible future Terezi was viewing thanks to Mind Powers. I wonder if this is the same case?

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

GloriousDemon posted:

Roxy could easily conjure one up if told to by a certain big rear end goddess of the night.

Yeah, ever since Roxy's void crap has been revealed to be able to conjure things that no longer exist in the universe, I always assumed she'd create quest beds for the trolls.

I might be sad if that isn't the case to be honest.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I just realized, the last few panels are a call back to when Terezi let Vriska go way back in Act 5. And that moment turned out to just be one possible future Terezi was viewing thanks to Mind Powers. I wonder if this is the same case?

Well, this is the story of how John died.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RZApublican posted:

And that's not something the seer would allow?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh, that's a neat visual callback. It'd be pretty cool if we follow things and they go disastrously, leading to death, only to snap back to Terezi Mind-Seeing the situation and telling John something else instead.

Although yeah, John, come on, stop shrugging off all your suicidally depressed friends. Get better at helping people already.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
John is only good if he has another character to enable him, he should've taken Terezi with him.

e: also lol @ u guys who thinks it'll be Terezi hiding her own death. If anything, she'd be hiding Roxy's.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

WAR FOOT posted:

John is only good if he has another character to enable him, he should've taken Terezi with him.

e: also lol @ u guys who thinks it'll be Terezi hiding her own death. If anything, she'd be hiding Roxy's.

She's hiding John's. Fixing everything is going to get him killed.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Eiba posted:

Wait, what? This... wasn't a twist.

Literally everyone saw it coming because all the characters have explicitly stated this to be the plan half a dozen times each.

At this point the twist would be if John doesn't fix things.

Who says it's going to be anything even approaching simple? "Fix everything" isn't a plan, it's a goal. Fixing things might have some ridiculous consequences! Maybe he'll go for the full reversion, maybe he'll mess something up and erase everything while also modifying some reality variable from prior to this mess, maybe he'll cause a massive paradox and Homestuck will end, appropriately, with every event in the story being utterly meaningless, and unable to actually progress from the point it's at.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Is it weird that of all character interactions and relations in Homestuck, I feel most strongly about John and Roxy?

They just seem to get on really well, I just want them to hang out and be happy with each other for a while!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

But John was awful in Act 5 and all he did was have people enable him.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Maybe it's just too early in the morning, but I'm not getting what the deal with the phrase was. Terezi's powers are based on decisions, right? Vriska stays / goes, Dave calls heads or tails, that sort of thing. Was the point to have John decide something?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Is it weird that of all character interactions and relations in Homestuck, I feel most strongly about John and Roxy?

They just seem to get on really well, I just want them to hang out and be happy with each other for a while!

I'm glad more people are realizing that shipping is actually friggin' epic :mrgw:

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Well, "there's no place like home" was supposed to get Dorothy out of Oz, right? If John uses a code phrase to signal that he failed, maybe she can use it to search through timelines to find one that's good enough.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

With the way this update ended, the next panel will obviously be Terezi smiling at the camera with an "just according to keikaku" face.

keikaku means plan

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm glad more people are realizing that shipping is actually friggin' epic :mrgw:

I didn't choose to ship JohnxRoxy, it just has to be this way.

Because everyone else is dead.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

When has this ever stopped shipping.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What are you trying to say? Are you some kind of ghost racist? Do you consider ecotoplasmic love unnatural!!?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Bobulus posted:

Maybe it's just too early in the morning, but I'm not getting what the deal with the phrase was. Terezi's powers are based on decisions, right? Vriska stays / goes, Dave calls heads or tails, that sort of thing. Was the point to have John decide something?

That's a good point. John doesn't often make decisions for himself, he just goes with the flow. Maybe that's why Terezi's powers wouldn't work here?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

You don't gotta make excuses brother. It's a good ship...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

But Terezi isn't dead yet.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Bobulus posted:

I'm ninety-eight percent certain that the deal is that she wanted to link her current mindstate to that phrase somehow so that later on John could say "There's no place like home" in the past (presumably to Past Terezi) and then have the benefit of Terezi's advice again.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Maybe it fizzled because John will forget the phrase. :haw:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Terezi's Seer of Mind power failed because she can only see forward down paths. She cannot see down potentials, only maybe's. She can't backtrack at all.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Iny posted:

I'm ninety-eight percent certain that the deal is that she wanted to link her current mindstate to that phrase somehow so that later on John could say "There's no place like home" in the past (presumably to Past Terezi) and then have the benefit of Terezi's advice again.

Oh. Ohhhh. It's a bookmark for this timeline. It's derived from the unique conditions of this timeline. You are totally right. Its so past Terezi can find this timeline among the multitude of possible ones. Which is important so she can learn from it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

RZApublican posted:

But Terezi isn't dead yet.

Come on dude you of all people should know interspecies funnybusiness is verboten.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RZApublican posted:

John Dies At The End?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MonsieurChoc posted:

John Dies At The End?

Coincidentally Homestuck is also a story where John dies at the beginning.