Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TyrantWD posted:

The show already has a six year plan, with year six supposed to be the only season not mirrored with flashbacks.

Season 6 should just do ridiculous cutaways like Family Guy does..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've said the last scene of season five's flashback will be Ollie lighting the signal fire.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Feenix posted:

Season 6 should just do ridiculous cutaways like Family Guy does..

"I haven't seen anything so horrific since that time I saw Conway Twitty live!"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay I've marathoned this show recently (should have done it earlier) and I'm only on episode 3 of season 3 so I'll be back later but I just realised something and I have to share it.

Verdant means green. The name has been bothering me the whole time and I just realised it now.

Also hooray for John Barrowman. More of him is always good.

e: oh my goodness they start every previously on with Sara getting shot, this is getting silly

e2: oh my god they did a boxing glove arrow! :neckbeard: It was so quick I had to rewind to check, but it was totally worth it.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 17, 2014

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

McDragon posted:

e2: oh my god they did a boxing glove arrow! :neckbeard: It was so quick I had to rewind to check, but it was totally worth it.

Yeah, the thread was freaking out for like half a page when it happened.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Technogeek posted:

Yeah, the thread was freaking out for like half a page when it happened.

I just caught up to that part of the thread. Glad to see it wasn't just me.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I was at NC Comiccon this weekend and Barrowman was there. Someone asked him how he felt about being cast as the father of someone so close to his own age, and his was response was basically "I know something you don't, keep watching."

I'm guessing he's been in a Lazarus pit more than once maybe?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Could be, but I wouldn't assume Lazarus Pits even exist in this universe until they actually show one. They're still being careful about how much they dive into the more fantastical elements of the comics on Arrow, especially since they have a whole other show to do that stuff on now.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Barrowman met up with the League of Assassins after the death of his wife. I think someone would have noticed if he came back younger all of a sudden.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Gilok posted:

I was at NC Comiccon this weekend and Barrowman was there. Someone asked him how he felt about being cast as the father of someone so close to his own age, and his was response was basically "I know something you don't, keep watching."

Did I miss this? Who's father is he that's near his own age? Thea is certainly not, Tommy (unless they're talking about the actor himself, and even then I can't believe it's that close)?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barrowman is only 14 years older than Colin O'Donoghue.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"only" 14 years. AHaha.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, but Colin was playing a character who was probably around 25-27.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
IIRC both Oliver and Tommy were born in 1985. If Merlyn were to be about the same age as Barrowman (47), he'd have been pretty young when Tommy was born but it would be completely possible. It's a bit of a cheat since Colin Donnell is actually 32, but it's by no means the most ridiculous age stretch on television.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The question was pretty obviously about the actors, not the characters.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gilok posted:

Barrowman obviously thinks he's still playing the immortal Captain Jack Harkness.

Alternately, Tommy Merlyn's father was actually Ollie's dad?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Gilok posted:

Confirmed, Merlyn is actually Jack Harkness

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tommy is Oliver's kid, accidentally gets caught up in the Flash crossover and ends up in the Glades 24 years ago.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hcreight posted:

IIRC both Oliver and Tommy were born in 1985. If Merlyn were to be about the same age as Barrowman (47), he'd have been pretty young when Tommy was born but it would be completely possible. It's a bit of a cheat since Colin Donnell is actually 32, but it's by no means the most ridiculous age stretch on television.

Amell's also in his early 30s. Jamey Sheridan can't be that much older, right....oh, wow, he's in his 60s? I was not expecting that.

Susanna Thompson's 56, which makes a lot of sense. Interesting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hangedman1984 posted:

Confirmed, Merlyn is actually Jack Harkness

Checks out.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Checks out.

No, I'm sorry, it doesn't. He hasn't tried to have sex with anyone!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Thea's whole arc depends on the fact he did :smug:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
One person. Offscreen.

Captain Jack would have impregnated half the DC universe by now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

One person. Offscreen.

Why do you think the LoA is after him.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Why do you think the LoA is after him.

League of rear end.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Aphrodite posted:

I copy/pasted his name from your post so I could Google him and was very confused when I didn't get the Colin I expected. Colin Donnel is Tommy Merly, Colin O'Donoghue is Captain Hook on Once Upon a Time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Epi Lepi posted:

I copy/pasted his name from your post so I could Google him and was very confused when I didn't get the Colin I expected. Colin Donnel is Tommy Merly, Colin O'Donoghue is Captain Hook on Once Upon a Time.

Oops. At least I got the first name right.

Turns out there's only a year between them though, so close enough.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Phylodox posted:

One person. Offscreen.

When we saw Tommy in the China flashback this season he was talking to Malcolm on the phone and told him to stop banging his yoga instructor or whatnot, implying that he's somewhat of a womanizer.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I watched some comic-con panel where Barrowman said that he had his own head-canon about Merlyn having Tommy when he was a teenager and that forcing him to step up and be an adult, so when he saw Tommy acting so immature into his twenties he was just constantly disappointed by him.

in the same thing Barrowman said that he Donnel knew each other before the show because they tried out for the same parts on Broadway a lot.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I hope they explain why the League of Assassins let Merlyn leave after 2 years but wouldn't let Sarah go.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wezlar posted:

I hope they explain why the League of Assassins let Merlyn leave after 2 years but wouldn't let Sarah go.

Was he in the League for only 2 years? IIRC he left Starling after his wife was murdered and I recall him telling Tommy that he was too young to understand it.

Edit:
Palmer's doing the salmon ladder!:neckbeard:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 19, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Scyantific posted:

Edit:
Palmer's doing the salmon ladder!

Stephen Amell seems like a decent guy and is super buff, but he doesn't stand a chance against Brandon Routh for the battle of my heart. :allears::3::allears:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Paul Anthony has been cast as Rainbow Raider/Chroma for the big crossover

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Wezlar posted:

Go watch 2x13 again. The League released Merlyn, but Sara ran away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Was he in the League for only 2 years? IIRC he left Starling after his wife was murdered and I recall him telling Tommy that he was too young to understand it.

Edit:
Palmer's doing the salmon ladder!:neckbeard:

Go find the videos of Routh working out for Superman Returns. He was loving huge.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Wezlar posted:

Nyssa wasn't dating Merlyn.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Senerio posted:

Nyssa wasn't dating Merlyn.

or was she? :tinfoil:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

When Merlyn was feeling pretty tired he invited Nyssa to watch I love lucy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The whole earth quake machine thing seems like it would have been a ras al ghul p plan anyway. If anything he's angry that Merlyn failed to destroy the entire city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

The whole earth quake machine thing seems like it would have been a ras al ghul p plan anyway. If anything he's angry that Merlyn failed to destroy the entire city.

They literally said it wasn't a Ras plan back in season 1 or whatever.

• Locked thread