Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robostac
Sep 23, 2009
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

Basically you have to download the latest system software onto a usb stick and put that in once the hard drive has been swapped. I don't think there is anyway to easily just transfer the old contents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

Dumb question, but do I need to transfer all my stuff off the old hard drive if I replace it (I'm guessing I just re-download all my digital stuff), or is the OS and stuff on another drive or something?

I had to go through and redownload and reinstall my games and stuff but the biggest pain in the rear end was just getting the correct version of the firmware and that was only because I wasn't paying attention. The 2.02 update you'll want is like, 700 megabytes instead of the one that's 200. Just put it on a flash drive and start up the PS4 after installing the new hard drive.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
e: ^^^ I did this same exact thing. You can find it here

Davincie posted:

what i care most about for da:i is how deep/fun the base building stuff is
I haven't gotten that far yet, but from what I understand you can customize all kinds of poo poo in it, and if you max out characters in MP and promote them, they become background NCP's in there which sounds pretty cool.

e2: VVV Yes, as far as I know you can go right to MP

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 19, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Important DA:I question:

I've never played the last 2 games. I like these types of games in theory but do not have the time to really invest myself in a deep RPG world.

I rented DA:I from Gamefly.

Can I: Go right into Multiplayer without needing to do any/x number of hours of Campaign?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Rinkles posted:

Can I give my digital download GTA V preorder benefits to someone else? I'm guessing no.

Mine came in my box, on a little printed card, so I would imagine so and yes, I'll take it.

This is a huge week for PS4 titles, so many games came out! A wealth of option finally! I gamefly'd Unity, got GTA5, on the fence over getting DA: and Farcry 4 on PC or PS4 - so many options

vvvvv - Oh, duh, drat, didn't even see the digital part

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 19, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If you bought GTA 5 off the PSN then your pre-order bonuses appear as free downloads in the in-game PlayStation Store, so I don't think you can give them away.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Feenix posted:

Important DA:I question:

I've never played the last 2 games. I like these types of games in theory but do not have the time to really invest myself in a deep RPG world.

I rented DA:I from Gamefly.

Can I: Go right into Multiplayer without needing to do any/x number of hours of Campaign?
Yes. These bad people are trying to stop you from saving the world. You are a member of team good squad. Some of these monsters come from portals.

Literally all you need to know. Just read the attack descriptions. Always buff you and your team.

SolitarySolidarity
Dec 29, 2012

Evolve. Control. Combine.

Floridiot posted:

U.S. is getting Injustice Ultimate Edition next month for PS4. This was announced weeks ago.

I bought a retail copy of Injustice Ultimate Edition and still have it installed. Can I "purchase" the digital edition when it's free on PS+ and avoid that long trek over to my system when I want launch it after playing something else? Will the digital edition make me redownload the game or can I use my retail installation?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

robostac posted:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

Basically you have to download the latest system software onto a usb stick and put that in once the hard drive has been swapped. I don't think there is anyway to easily just transfer the old contents.

There will be soon. It almost made 2.0.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

SolitarySolidarity posted:

I bought a retail copy of Injustice Ultimate Edition and still have it installed. Can I "purchase" the digital edition when it's free on PS+ and avoid that long trek over to my system when I want launch it after playing something else? Will the digital edition make me redownload the game or can I use my retail installation?

You will have to delete your disc install and re-download the game, but otherwise yes.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

Feenix posted:

Lamar is positively the best.

He's so angry he's not employee of the month, it's fantastic.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
WHen are they going to make a new resistance game. Where is game.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Squelch Hardon posted:

WHen are they going to make a new resistance game. Where is game.

I kinda respect a series that does a trilogy or whatever and then leaves it at that.

Also the games weren't that great...

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I'm not a huge fan of the series, but playing the third game in co-op was fun, and it would be great if they made an HD remaster of the series so I could try the 8-player online co-op.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
1 and 3 were amazing, and I look forward to 4

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
All I want to do is Bro-Op in FC4 or GTAO in GTAV. Neither's online works right now. Come the gently caress on...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I got Injustice at launch and now I irrationally feel like PS+ has significantly devalued my collection.

Come on Sony, let Knack drop and give the PS4 mascot a second wind

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Kill Knack.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Squelch Hardon posted:

1 and 3 were amazing, and I look forward to 4

History suggests that's the one you shouldn't be looking forward to.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They're probably saving Knack for early next year when they wanna start to build up hype for the Knack 2 E3 reveal.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They're just gonna skip straight to Knack Karting Khampionship.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

God drat it, Naughty Dog. Where's my Uncarted?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

homeless snail posted:

They're just gonna skip straight to Knack Karting Khampionship.

The Kollector's Edition komes with a komplimentary Knack keykhain!

Policenaut posted:

God drat it, Naughty Dog. Where's my Uncarted?

Seriously! They're breaking the formula dammit. Unless that's what Uncharted 4 really is.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
We need more MK/CTR themed racers.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone else played DA:I Multiplayer?

Is it me or is it really bad? Like "Why don't we just play Diablo 3 instead?" bad.

[edit] I'll grant you I've only played one round... and I was the Elven 'wizard'.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
How many hours in does it take before GTA5 starts to actually get good?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

katkillad2 posted:

It's always good? It gets great several hours in though. First Heist, maybe?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

katkillad2 posted:

It's not that good of a game in single-player. A beautifully realised world that is just dull as dishwater to actually play missions and poo poo in.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Feenix posted:

It's always good? It gets great several hours in though. First Heist, maybe?

Yeah, if you ain't digging it after the first heist, give up.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I mean it gets more fun as you unlock more stuff to gently caress around with, but yeah if you're not liking it at all after the first heist you probably never will.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

This is my second time and I got the feeling that I remember all this crap from playing it a year ago. It's getting a little better after the first heist. I'm also just paying more attention to all the side crap there is to do. Plus I figured out how to get my preorder $500,000 in story mode so I'm having fun spendin' cash like mad.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Feenix posted:

Anyone else played DA:I Multiplayer?

Is it me or is it really bad? Like "Why don't we just play Diablo 3 instead?" bad.

[edit] I'll grant you I've only played one round... and I was the Elven 'wizard'.
I played a couple of matches that ended in team wipes. It's way slower than ME3 MP, but I found I kinda started getting the hang of things after a bit. Probably won't ever match ME3's MP, but will probably get better as people learn what works best.

revolther
May 27, 2008
So how do I buy/use the harpoon gun in Far Cry 4? I've entered the code, downloaded 2 pieces of dlc, done the H mission meeting Hurk as a character. No impaler harpoon gun in any store menus.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
Are you only able to shareplay with one other person at a time? I was thinking about getting the new You Don't Know Jack, and since it's only local co-op, wanted to know if I could shareplay the game with 4 people.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

revolther posted:

So how do I buy/use the harpoon gun in Far Cry 4? I've entered the code, downloaded 2 pieces of dlc, done the H mission meeting Hurk as a character. No impaler harpoon gun in any store menus.

The first H mission where you meet him and he's all pissed because he couldn't bust up in there like Clint Eastwood isn't part of the DLC. I forgot to enter the code on my first playthrough, but I still got that one. There's 3 or 4 separate missions as part of a campaign when you start the Hurk missions. I'd imagine they'll pop up later in the game, but I honestly don't know. I beat it, and then was like wait a minute, where's my goddamn harpoon ahhhh dammit.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

CousinKevin posted:

Are you only able to shareplay with one other person at a time? I was thinking about getting the new You Don't Know Jack, and since it's only local co-op, wanted to know if I could shareplay the game with 4 people.

Just one. But Fibbage is made for what you're looking at... stream it, and people join in with their cell phones.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

It's not that good of a game in single-player. A beautifully realised world that is just dull as dishwater to actually play missions and poo poo in.
Wow, I disagree. I think it's one of the best single-player experiences I've ever had. And I think Online is a horrible slog of the exact same missions over and over again that takes too long to progress. I got tired of Online at like Level 20 and haven't played it since. Maybe Heists will bring me back in.

Gimp Fack posted:

Plus I figured out how to get my preorder $500,000 in story mode so I'm having fun spendin' cash like mad.
Does it all go to one person, or does it split between them?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Does it all go to one person, or does it split between them?

It all went to Franklin for me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

It's good right off the bat. If you don't like it right away you won't like it period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandworms
Sep 22, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

Dumb question, but do I need to transfer all my stuff off the old hard drive if I replace it (I'm guessing I just re-download all my digital stuff), or is the OS and stuff on another drive or something?

Yeah you redownload your games to the new drive. In theory all your saves should be saved to the cloud (if you're a ps+ member) but a bunch of mine didn't save so I copied all my saves on a usb drive. You should also save any screenshots/videos that way too.

sandworms fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 20, 2014

• Locked thread