Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Are we mocking Daredevil because he's blind? You guys are so insensitive. If any blind person with a screen reader were to stumble into this thread I bet they'd be insulted. To make up for it here are some images that are in no way mocking daredevil being blind:

I don't remember the Punisher having an invisible girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gaz-L posted:

Huh. You think she added the text herself, or did she get that custom-made?

I'm more interested in how Murdock got a shirt that said I'm not Daredevil.

Also, it seems kind of insane that people would assume he's faking being blind, what, a blind guy can't fight crime?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

I'm more interested in how Murdock got a shirt that said I'm not Daredevil.

Also, it seems kind of insane that people would assume he's faking being blind, what, a blind guy can't fight crime?

Hey, Dr Ed on the Flash tv show relies on people assuming a guy in a wheelchair can't murder anyone as an alibi. Superheroes are weird.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

muscles like this? posted:

There was also that panel from right after his identity got revealed where a random guy asks Daredevil what color his shirt is.

Yep, that's a particular favorite of mine.

Daredevil (Vol 2) #35

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, that's a particular favorite of mine.

Daredevil (Vol 2) #35

I've seen this before, what's his response?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

IUG posted:

I've seen this before, what's his response?

Daredevil says nothing and leaves. The dude's like "See? He didn't answer my question."

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Goscinny and Uderzo ploting an Asterix issue. Don't know where it's from sadly.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Sweet merciful Zeus, what is this from?!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The Gutters.

A really terrible webcomic.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

Vincent posted:

Goscinny and Uderzo ploting an Asterix issue. Don't know where it's from sadly.

It's from an issue of Pilote just before the release of Asterix and Cleopatra. You can see the mention of the beer pints on the cover of the album :

My father used to have some old issues of Pilote from 1964/65, it was a pretty awesome magazine.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

The Gutters.

A really terrible webcomic.

You say that, but then the very next page is this:

Now I don't know who to believe!?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Kharmakazy posted:

Now I don't know who to believe!

Believe Waterhaul. The Gutters lives up down to its name in every way.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Kharmakazy posted:

Gutters has many fantastic strips. Like all webcomics, when it's good it's very good.
Their very first one which shows the two Captain America's talking while a load of characters run through New York is wonderful. Not least because you can see the Tick and Arthur in the background.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kharmakazy posted:

That's just a drawing of the cast of Denver. It's not even a joke. It's just "Hey, remember this?"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If he had let the cover stand on its own instead of splattering :smug: HEY COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY YOU'RE WELCOME :smug: text over it that joke would be exponentially better.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Zero to the power of ten is still zero, though.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yeah, you can sort of tell it all by the text on that page.

"We'd ask for royalties, but chances are that our grandchildren will never see a penny."

You want paying for... telling them they should reboot a certain franchise then drawing a picture of it? Or am I missing something and you bought the rights to Denver at some point?

It might be considered a reference to how creators of certain iconic characters get kinda screwed over (I.e. Superman), but considering the writer is Ryan Sohmer and he's done the exact same thing to other webcomic authours... I forget the details, but this isn't the terrible webcomics thread, so meh.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
NEW AVENGERS #26:

Bentley 23 has PLANS.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This whole "artists don't know how to draw a toddler" thing is getting out of hand.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eh. Val and Franklin have bounced between 2 and like 14 (and those brief periods where adult Val shows up) for decades.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Eh. Val and Franklin have bounced between 2 and like 14 (and those brief periods where adult Val shows up) for decades.

She also makes Val-bots as seen in the Fantastic Four Annual.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Valeria Richards is the one person in the entire universe who can respond to a call from Doom with "what took you so long" and completely skate on it.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Elfface posted:

Yeah, you can sort of tell it all by the text on that page.

"We'd ask for royalties, but chances are that our grandchildren will never see a penny."

You want paying for... telling them they should reboot a certain franchise then drawing a picture of it? Or am I missing something and you bought the rights to Denver at some point?

It might be considered a reference to how creators of certain iconic characters get kinda screwed over (I.e. Superman), but considering the writer is Ryan Sohmer and he's done the exact same thing to other webcomic authours... I forget the details, but this isn't the terrible webcomics thread, so meh.

Sounds like a pretty direct reference to the Kirby heirs suing Marvel. Yeah, it makes no sense in the context of him suggesting they release a licensed comic.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

This whole "artists don't know how to draw a toddler" thing is getting out of hand.
They make toddlers look ten years old. Any female over ten is automatically transformed into a supermodel.
I think Molly Hayes may have been the only one to escape this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

They make toddlers look ten years old. Any female over ten is automatically transformed into a supermodel.
I think Molly Hayes may have been the only one to escape this.

Yeah, well, if you're drawing the Runaways you've gotta have some handle on age.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont look up when Molly comes back from the future.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
See also: the Mike Higgins/Tom Morgan run on Power Pack. After 50-plus issues of people like June Brigman, Brent Anderson, and Jon Bogdanove, and well before Gurihiru, all of whom actually know how to draw children, suddenly the kids looked like... well...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
...I will say that it's not unheard of for young children to have that kind of musculature if pressed towards it.

However, usually experts are uncertain on long-term health issues when that occurs.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Axis has its problems, but anyone who includes it into the "worst events" thread is full of poo poo, purely because of Axis: Carnage. This is from the second issue.

For those out of the loop, a magic/psychic whammy has caused a bunch of heroes and villains to switch alignment. Now Carnage feels the need to be a superhero, but because he's a redneck psychopath, he honest to God has no idea what that really means. He kidnaps a reporter to help him figure out how to be a better hero.

I wish I could read an Axis: Carnage/Incorruptible team-up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Hobgoblin mini has been pretty solid as well. Those two books and Superior Iron Man #1 have made the event almost worthwhile.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Gavok posted:

Axis has its problems, but anyone who includes it into the "worst events" thread is full of poo poo, purely because of Axis: Carnage. This is from the second issue.

For those out of the loop, a magic/psychic whammy has caused a bunch of heroes and villains to switch alignment. Now Carnage feels the need to be a superhero, but because he's a redneck psychopath, he honest to God has no idea what that really means. He kidnaps a reporter to help him figure out how to be a better hero.

I wish I could read an Axis: Carnage/Incorruptible team-up.

Oh my god. I had no idea this was a thing, why am I not reading this? Is the hobgoblin one played for laughs as well?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Leper Residue posted:

Oh my god. I had no idea this was a thing, why am I not reading this? Is the hobgoblin one played for laughs as well?

Yes. The Hobgoblin one consists of him creating successors to Z-List heroes and turning a fight with the Hypno Hustler into an anti-bullying PSA for the news cameras.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Leper Residue posted:

Yes, and fills a hole in my heart that Superior Foes left. One of a bad guy doing self serving things that are morally corrupt. In Hobgoblin's case, it's abusing people's desire to be super heroes to scam them out of money and/or make them his minions. I will say that while it's good, it's not Superior Foes good.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

SilverSupernova posted:

Yes. The Hobgoblin one consists of him creating successors to Z-List heroes and turning a fight with the Hypno Hustler into an anti-bullying PSA for the news cameras.

Well your description made me laugh out loud from just the idea of it, so I guess I need to start getting these.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #1

Ditko digs and Terry and the Pirates jokes. It's a good issue. :allears:

Vincent fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 20, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Vincent posted:

Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #1

Ditko digs :allears:

Wow what amazing timing.
Just posted like yesterday or something.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Yes, and fills a hole in my heart that Superior Foes left. One of a bad guy doing self serving things that are morally corrupt. In Hobgoblin's case, it's abusing people's desire to be super heroes to scam them out of money and/or make them his minions. I will say that while it's good, it's not Superior Foes good.

Superiour Foes of Spider-Man is still going though...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah the tie ins are great, but the main book was an utter waste of time and money. I dont know how you can ruin a simple idea like 'punch an giant psychic nazi for a whole comic' but there you go.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Oh yeah the tie ins are great, but the main book was an utter waste of time and money. I dont know how you can ruin a simple idea like 'punch an giant psychic nazi for a whole comic' but there you go.

It's just one big setup for a pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I was really psyched at the first issue or two of Axis. Seriously, it had a psychic Nazi, a big fight, heroes teaming up - it was like someone had said "you know what? We need comic books to return to how they used to be. We need fun. Mindless, two-fisted, four-colour fun."

And then it went off the rails and I'm disappointed, as usual.

Speaking of bad renditions of kids in comic books, I'm still weirded the gently caress out by the harsh shifts between the two artists they had on Avengers Undercover.

Same character. But with two artists alternating on the issues, it was like... I don't even know what the gently caress.

• Locked thread