Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Captain Quack posted:

Would an immortal saiyan have some sort of infinity zenkai?
Get beaten, regenerate, stronger, got beaten, regenerate, stronger...

My guess is he'd use the time to try and become a Super Saiyan. Considering his tactics on Namek though, one could probably assume he'd achieve said end via repeated zenkai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How does immortality even work in Dragon Ball Z anyways?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

TheKingofSprings posted:

How does immortality even work in Dragon Ball Z anyways?

Same as anywhere else. You can not die. I think Garlic Junior is the one person to actually make the most obvious wish in the universe.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Immortality could actually make a saiyan weak as poo poo if it prevents them from getting injured.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

sharktamer posted:

Immortality could actually make a saiyan weak as poo poo if it prevents them from getting injured.

That would be an amusing sidestory in something like DBM.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Schubalts posted:

Same as anywhere else. You can not die. I think Garlic Junior is the one person to actually make the most obvious wish in the universe.

Garlic Jr is the only one to do it, in filler. So technically we neither know how it works or even if the Dragonballs could actually do it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

sharktamer posted:

Muscles never grow stronger because theyre never strained.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

This makes me :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctd84NLgTxw

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Listen Vegeta owns, it's not his fault Toryiama poo poo the bed in the cell saga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, it'd really suck for Vegeta if he wished for immortality and then Frieza broke out one of those Kienzan things and cut him in half.

Then Vegeta gets to spend the rest of his immortal life bleeding out in Frieza's dungeon.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, it'd really suck for Vegeta if he wished for immortality and then Frieza broke out one of those Kienzan things and cut him in half.

Then Vegeta gets to spend the rest of his immortal life bleeding out in Frieza's dungeon.

It's pretty well-proven that the Kienzan is only useful for hurting yourself, though.

MastG
May 25, 2014

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's pretty well-proven that the Kienzan is only useful for hurting yourself, though.

Only if they're purple and you try to fly them manually.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
People keep talking up Multiverse, where do I start with that?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Solaris Knight posted:

People keep talking up Multiverse, where do I start with that?

From the beginning. Though be warned: it's pretty much just a drawn "what-if" fanfic, and the writers are very obviously not native English speakers.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Neo_Crimson posted:

From the beginning. Though be warned: it's pretty much just a drawn "what-if" fanfic, and the writers are very obviously not native English speakers.

I'm looking at the layout and it hurts my eyes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Prison Warden posted:

Garlic Jr is the only one to do it, in filler. So technically we neither know how it works or even if the Dragonballs could actually do it.

I enjoyed how his filler arc acknowledged that Piccolo had been through the Freeza saga, so he (and probably Gohan and maybe even Krilin) was considerably more powerful than him, but his immortality meant they just couldn't finish him off.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Haha the newest page in DBM.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Bushmaori posted:

I think everyone's reaction can be summed up as :haw:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Bushmaori posted:

:ughh:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

it feels like its been a long time since the last DBA episode

:negative:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

dr.acula posted:

it feels like its been a long time since the last DBA episode

:negative:

According to the recent podcast, the episode will be out very soon.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

This Budokai 3 lets play will tide me over until then I suppose. I forgot how awesome the menu screen was for that game.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

dr.acula posted:

This Budokai 3 lets play will tide me over until then I suppose. I forgot how awesome the menu screen was for that game.

Is it any good? Link, then.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Judging by tweets from the editor and how the progress bar is going on teamfourstar.com, it looks like they're trying to hit this Sunday or so.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

VanSandman posted:

Is it any good? Link, then.

Its on the teamfourstar front page right now but its not nearly long enough, its only 1 part.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I plan to buy the seasons four couch potato watching. Haven't seen the show since I was a teenager... What's the consensus on Kai? Worth it, or just buy the full fledged seasons? An abridged version sounds great but did it turn out good?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Well I haven't seen any of the Buu stuff, but I liked Kai a lot. I know a lot of people miss some of the filler, but overall I'm glad it was removed. It certainly moves a hell of a lot faster.

Besides, any of the filler you miss can probably be found easily enough in online clips.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

OMGzKakaniz posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I plan to buy the seasons four couch potato watching. Haven't seen the show since I was a teenager... What's the consensus on Kai? Worth it, or just buy the full fledged seasons? An abridged version sounds great but did it turn out good?

Kai is much better than the original.

The abridged series is really good, but the humor from early season 1 is pretty dated, since they started 6 years ago. It's still worth watching if you're familiar with the series.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how the opening for the Buu Arc in Kai literally spoils the whole arc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJXzA_GcTZ8

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like how the opening for the Buu Arc in Kai literally spoils the whole arc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJXzA_GcTZ8

All the openings are spoilers in kai.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hmm, I suppose that's true. The Saiyan and Android openings don't really spoil the endings of their arcs, though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Some Numbers posted:

Kai is much better than the original.

The abridged series is really good, but the humor from early season 1 is pretty dated, since they started 6 years ago. It's still worth watching if you're familiar with the series.

What I find most interesting about early DBZA is how, even then, TFS's style was still considerably more developed than other big abridged series projects out there. Just look at Yugioh Abridged from around that time. You can barely compare them.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Most OPs spoil the current arc.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

What I find most interesting about early DBZA is how, even then, TFS's style was still considerably more developed than other big abridged series projects out there. Just look at Yugioh Abridged from around that time. You can barely compare them.

I think that's at least partially that everyone involved had a bunch of abridging experience. Also, Taka, Lani and Kaiser are really good at writing comedy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Spoiling DBZ at this point is like spoiling Star Wars.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Spoiling DBZ at this point is like spoiling Star Wars.

A real dick move considering how rare it'd be to find someone who doesn't know?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wow that intro straight up spoils every fight except for the Spirit Bomb finish, and practically in order too. That's amazing.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

OMGzKakaniz posted:

Unless you're extremely nostalgic for the soundtrack or the filler (you probably aren't,) Kai is the one to watch. Scenes are much better paced, the art has been remastered, the dialog has been rewritten, and the voice cast all has 10 more years of experience and are just overall much nicer.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Of course the ED starts with Gohan face down in the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Thanks for the info everyone. Ordering the seasons tonight. Really pumped to watch them and I adored rereading the manga so hearing it follows that relatively closely makes me happy. I hardly remember the show besides what my memory serves me, which I probably incorrect on things.

• Locked thread