Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ela
Jan 10, 2011
Honestly that scene was pretty funny, Hook staring blindly at Emma, Prince Charming all like 'awesome I get to save someone' - pushes Hook out the way but casually stays to stare at the pole. It does also look like he headbutted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Rumple will make the best big bad next season.

Macaluso posted:

The only problem I have is I wish they had just went ahead and made the rock troll look more like he did in the movie. I understand why they tried to make him look more realistic but his look doesn't work that well, even if he's animated fine.

I love how Papa Troll is completely nonplussed about covering up the murder/disappearance of two princesses.

"I lost both my sisters today."
"What happened to them?"
"I can't say. Just make everybody forget they ever existed. :ninja:"

"Alright."

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Captain Mog posted:

Disney is actually about as gay friendly as they come. They've been holding gay days at Disney World

Disney is very gay friendly but the "gay days" at the parks aren't actually held or sponsored by them. It's just a particular day of the year the gay community decided "Let's all go to Disneyland!" Not that Disney minds, not only due to them being gay friendly but it's good money. Also, whenever the homophobes try to get up on arms about it or threaten to boycott until they stop having "gay day" Disney gets to say, "Sorry assholes, it's not us!"

Edit: sorry to quote from so far back, I somehow thought I was at the end of the thread.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 12, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Tonight is the two-hour long episode :dance:

And it's not even the finale to the Frozen half season, drat.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

Sober posted:

Tonight is the two-hour long episode :dance:

And it's not even the finale to the Frozen half season, drat.

Wait, what? No! I have a perfectly orchestrated Sunday night! Once--> Walking Dead--> Cutthroat Kitchen
You can't mess with my viewing schedule!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

foxatee posted:

Wait, what? No! I have a perfectly orchestrated Sunday night! Once--> Walking Dead--> Cutthroat Kitchen
You can't mess with my viewing schedule!
You and I might be the only people who watch both OUAT and Walking Dead. Seriously.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sober posted:

You and I might be the only people who watch both OUAT and Walking Dead. Seriously.

I assume you watch Once after Walking Dead to get the taste of garbage out of your mouth?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sober posted:

OUAT - Walking Dead - Talking Dead.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I hope Marian dies because Hood and Regina are one hot couple.

Also does Elsa only have one dress? That's pretty gross.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Rumple you magnificent bastard.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

legoman727 posted:

Rumple you magnificent bastard.

Yes, his return to form has been wonderful :allears:

I'm a little confused as to why he hasn't used the hat on the Ice Queen, though.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Yes, his return to form has been wonderful :allears:

I'm a little confused as to why he hasn't used the hat on the Ice Queen, though.

I was wondering the same. This show make no sense sometimes.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

foxatee posted:

I was wondering the same. This show make no sense sometimes.

I wonder if the power has to be given willingly? I doubt he could just trick the snow queen into launching an ice ball into the hat or something.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Captain Mog posted:

I wonder if the power has to be given willingly? I doubt he could just trick the snow queen into launching an ice ball into the hat or something.

No, he definitely took The Apprentice against his free will.

I'm glad Killian finally did what no one on the show seems able to do, which is plainly admit all the secrets that have been going on. Too bad it was in a voicemail that Emma will never hear.

And the shattered sight aspect is finally happening. I've been waiting all season for that mirror to break again!

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Also on the OUaT/Walking Dead combo guys

Emma getting Jubilee fireworks powers was hilarious.

The Charmings are still the worst. It's a shame Hook is now a puppet too.

As for a finale, I reckon Emma & Elsa will beat Ice Queen and Regina will also figure out how to unfreeze people. Elsa will go back home and unfreeze Anna with the help of the apprentice.

Of course all magic has a price and the price for Elsa going home is Maleficent coming back.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Well, Anna still had a heartbeat, so I don't think she can still be frozen. Although, I admit the timeline would work better if she was "frozen" and stopped aging (since Elsa was trapped in the bottle for a few decades--would be pretty awkward if Anna is now 60 or something).

Also the apprentice can create magical doorways to different realms? Yet the Dark One can't. Yet the Dark One (and the previous Dark One) just hilariously swat the apprentice aside every time he gets in the way.

Why is magic so inconsistent in this show :arghfist:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Merlinicus posted:

Also the apprentice can create magical doorways to different realms? Yet the Dark One can't. Yet the Dark One (and the previous Dark One) just hilariously swat the apprentice aside every time he gets in the way.

I mean, different kinds of magic do different things, it makes perfect sense that the Dark One can beat the crap out of Human Mickey, but Mickey is really good at drawing doors.

It all falls apart if you think about magic too hard, but that one guy can beat up another guy but can't do everything he can do isn't an inconsistency.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

I just hope they explain why Ingrid looks exactly the same in present-day Storybrooke than she did 30 years ago in Arendelle/The Enchanted Forest. Because that's been bothering me for a while now. Maybe ice magic preserves the body and keeps it from aging?

And they can really just write Charming and Snow out of the show and I don't think anyone would even notice. I can't think of a single thing either of them have contributed to the story this season. Regina spent 80% of the time so far in her magic cave and still managed to get more done than either of them combined.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I was thinking about it, and I think everyone feels like they are setting up Rumple to be the big bad for the second half of the season right? It sure feels like they are building up to that hardcore.

However I think all the Rumple stuff may be a misdirection. I think the villain for the second half of the season is going to be the sorcerer. They have gone out of their way to make sure you never ever see the Sorcerer and until this episode we didn't know any of his wants or motivations or anything. We've never met him, we've ONLY met the apprentice. But he very specifically made that deal with the Snow Queen (through the apprentice of course), and I think it was more than just wanting to keep The Dark One away from the hat.

I mean Rumple is still very clearly going villainous again (although his motive seems to be not wanting to be controlled by the dagger at all anymore, so it doesn't feel flat out evil), but I think we're going to see the appearance of the sorcerer himself soon.

I wonder if they'll still call him Yensid :v:

Merlinicus posted:

Well, Anna still had a heartbeat, so I don't think she can still be frozen. Although, I admit the timeline would work better if she was "frozen" and stopped aging (since Elsa was trapped in the bottle for a few decades--would be pretty awkward if Anna is now 60 or something).

I dunno, I kind of feel like Once does a really good job with how they handle magic. Different people have different magic so while the apprentice can make tacky door portals, he's still not as powerful as Rumple. Regina and Emma are both powerful magic users, but they have totally different kinds of magic. I never really feel like "oh what the gently caress that would NEVER happen" with the exception of Charming's drunk driving dad story which was so stupid I'm pretending it never happened in the canon.

I also think they are very good at being consistent with, what seems to be, two of the biggest magic rules: Love is basically the most powerful form of magic there is, and magic always coming with a price. It never feels like say, Harry Potter where you question why they just didn't loving use X to stop Voldemort or whatever other than the story said so.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 18, 2014

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Interesting two-parter.

Elizabeth Mitchell is so gorgeous. You can tell she's going to age like Audrey Hepburn, always beautiful.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I dunno, I kind of feel like Once does a really good job with how they handle magic. Different people have different magic so while the apprentice can make tacky door portals, he's still not as powerful as Rumple. Regina and Emma are both powerful magic users, but they have totally different kinds of magic. I never really feel like "oh what the gently caress that would NEVER happen" with the exception of Charming's drunk driving dad story which was so stupid I'm pretending it never happened in the canon.

I also think they are very good at being consistent with, what seems to be, two of the biggest magic rules: Love is basically the most powerful form of magic there is, and magic always coming with a price. It never feels like say, Harry Potter where you question why they just didn't loving use X to stop Voldemort or whatever other than the story said so.

Eh I don't actually care that much, but I'm not sure I'd say that they're usually consistent with magical powers. Ice Queen has ice magic, but can still magic puff of smoke teleport. Also she was using rock troll memory magic, which doesn't seem very ice magicky.

But I do agree that I don't think it ever gets in the way of the story, so in that sense it is handled well.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Merlinicus posted:

Eh I don't actually care that much, but I'm not sure I'd say that they're usually consistent with magical powers. Ice Queen has ice magic, but can still magic puff of smoke teleport. Also she was using rock troll memory magic, which doesn't seem very ice magicky.

But I do agree that I don't think it ever gets in the way of the story, so in that sense it is handled well.

Perhaps ice wizards can use a few other spells, friend!

I mean, yeah, there's a point at which you go "The Dark one should have probably known about the White Rabbit, so the whole Curse thing was probably a doofus idea on his part," but I think you're trying too hard.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011
I was genuinely terrified Rumple was just going to kill Hook and be done, at least as a puppet he has a chance of surviving this ordeal! "Talking Phone" love him.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I hope the Regina/Robin thing works out because that scene really shows how Regina is. always. scowling. That scene made me go "holy poo poo its like she's two different people and I like this second one".

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Kraps posted:

I hope the Regina/Robin thing works out because that scene really shows how Regina is. always. scowling. That scene made me go "holy poo poo its like she's two different people and I like this second one".

http://i.imgur.com/qhzllvY.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Kn1pxg5.gif

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tupping Liberty posted:

Elizabeth Mitchell is so gorgeous. You can tell she's going to age like Audrey Hepburn, always beautiful.

Every scene she's in has a gratuitous cleavage shot and its never not :swoon:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm glad she's gotten work, after Lost it seems like everything she's done has been canceled. And yes, I love this show for all the cleavage.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Regina is the cleavage queen and don't you forget it

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I hate to admit this, but the Frozen storyline is confusing the hell out of me. I think I missed an episode, because I am completely unclear about the timelines.

In Storybrooke Present, Elsa showed up looking for Anna.
In Arendelle Past, the Snow Queen is chasing after Elsa to be part of her sisterhood or whatever. She just froze Kristoff and Anna and ran off with Elsa in the vase?

Where did the whole thing with Belle fit in? That was part of the Arendelle Past story?

And, so now, we know that Anna has shown up in Arendelle safe and sound in Arendelle Present, but Elsa is still in Storybrooke looking for her? And she doesn't remember that apparently Anna turned on her and trapped her in the vase in Arendelle Past because of the Snow Queen's neediness?

I was seriously trying to puzzle this out and realized I have no earthly clue what's what.

GreenNight posted:

I'm glad she's gotten work, after Lost it seems like everything she's done has been canceled. And yes, I love this show for all the cleavage.

Elizabeth Mitchell has gotten hotter the older she gets. But yeah, Regina is the cleavage queen!

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I love how everyone now knows where Regina's secret cave of evil sorcery is and just pop in to see her whenever they feel like it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Kelly posted:

I hate to admit this, but the Frozen storyline is confusing the hell out of me. I think I missed an episode, because I am completely unclear about the timelines.

In Storybrooke Present, Elsa showed up looking for Anna.
In Arendelle Past, the Snow Queen is chasing after Elsa to be part of her sisterhood or whatever. She just froze Kristoff and Anna and ran off with Elsa in the vase?

Where did the whole thing with Belle fit in? That was part of the Arendelle Past story?

And, so now, we know that Anna has shown up in Arendelle safe and sound in Arendelle Present, but Elsa is still in Storybrooke looking for her? And she doesn't remember that apparently Anna turned on her and trapped her in the vase in Arendelle Past because of the Snow Queen's neediness?

Timeline as I understand it:

Frozen: The Movie
Anna goes to Enchanted Forest, acquires hat
Elsa finds urn, frees Snow Queen
Anna returns from Enchanted Forest, goes on adventure with Belle
Snow Queen captures Anna
Elsa springs Anna, Snow Queen freezes Anna, traps Elsa in Urn
Sorcerer sends Snow Queen to 80s
[insert something here]
Snow Queen meets Emma at orphanage
Wicked Witch dies, freeing Elsa (?)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Well the last part is mostly Emma's fault, she brought Elsa's vase from the past into the present, well got it sucked into the time portal or whatever. Not like the ~30 or so extra years at that point really mattered anyway.

Also there were set photos of next week and Anna and Kristoff are unfrozen somehow and Blackbeard shows up.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Timeline as I understand it:

Frozen: The Movie
Anna goes to Enchanted Forest, acquires hat
Elsa finds urn, frees Snow Queen
Anna returns from Enchanted Forest, goes on adventure with Belle
Snow Queen captures Anna
Elsa springs Anna, Snow Queen freezes Anna, traps Elsa in Urn
*The Snow Queen erases Elsa's memories of ever meeting her so she can try again to be besties
Sorcerer sends Snow Queen to 80s
Snow Queen meets Emma at orphanage
Wicked Witch dies, freeing Elsa (?)

I added an extra line, since if you missed that part a lot of the later timeline is even more confusing. All the times Anna's showed up in Storybrooke it's actually been an illusion.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Sober posted:

Well the last part is mostly Emma's fault, she brought Elsa's vase from the past into the present, well got it sucked into the time portal or whatever. Not like the ~30 or so extra years at that point really mattered anyway.

Rumple had the vase in with collections of magic stuff that he didn't understand/couldn't control.

I don't know if that's relevant.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rumple stole the urn and used it to try and get Elsa to give him the Fantasia hat. She was about to before the Apprentice said they found the third sister and assured her that the three would be reunited so she gave him the hat and went to the 80s and Rumple was stuck with an urn cage he had no use for either forgot about or just lied about*.

*The only thing that ever confuses me in this show is whether people are under a memory loss curse at any given moment or if they're just lying. It seems like a 50/50 crap shoot and stuff like Belle knowing Ana kind of comes out of nowhere.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think everyone forgot this show came back on tonight.

This episode ended in such a loving dire way, drat. The final shot of Snow and Charming letting go of each other's hand and looking at each other with such contempt is one of the more gut punching things the show has done. I mean even with those two characters just kind of becoming boring and going through the motions while other characters do interesting things, that was a pretty :smith: way to end an episode.

Also unless I missed it and they moved her body, Marian is still in that room that Henry is now locked inside right? The new spell could undo her being frozen, and I imagine she didn't get the shattered sight stuff into her eyes, what with being frozen over. So I imagine that's going to be play a part.

Am I just stupid with TV writing, or does Once just do a really good job of making the audience be like "how the gently caress are they gonna get out of this?" because I think that all the time with this show and like seriously how are they gonna get out of this?

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

What got me was Hook saying goodbye to Emma. I actually had tears in my eyes!

Robin Hood said something about Marion and his son being in a safe place, so I guess he moved them?

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
The next episode is going to be bonkers. Everyone trying to kill literally everyone. So great.

The necklace ended up being the wishing star...where did Anna get that from again? This episode made it seem like the parents got it from Blackbeard, but that wouldn't work because the parents didn't make it back from that trip :v:

I'm moderately certain the plot actually makes sense on this point, but I don't remember from the earlier episodes.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I had not known this thread existed. Spent the better part of this night after OuaT catching myself up. Oh geez, the Snow/Wonderland gif had me dying of laughter, much needed after the practical happiness-sucker this episode was. EVERY couple, save Rumple/Belle, ripped apart by this latest bit of fuckery. Kind of feel bad for Kristoff and Anna. They barely got out of dying for about the third time, only to go to a strange land and yay, be promised death again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Merlinicus posted:

The next episode is going to be bonkers. Everyone trying to kill literally everyone. So great.

The necklace ended up being the wishing star...where did Anna get that from again? This episode made it seem like the parents got it from Blackbeard, but that wouldn't work because the parents didn't make it back from that trip :v:

I'm moderately certain the plot actually makes sense on this point, but I don't remember from the earlier episodes.

According to Elsa, she found it amongst their mother's things, soooo... No idea.

• Locked thread