Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I don't think you're looking far enough to the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Actually I have a similar request: supernatural pirates. Preferably demonic/possessed ones but any flavour of not-quite-mortal evil seafarers will do.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

theironjef posted:

Man don't go calling some moe anime 14 year old in a jacket a legitimate pirate captain. Can I get some legitimate pirate captains in this thread please?

At least the pirate looks legitimate.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That guy isn't less of joke, though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

theironjef posted:

Man don't go calling some moe anime 14 year old in a jacket a legitimate pirate captain. Can I get some legitimate pirate captains in this thread please?
I think they're talking about the guy in the green hat in the back.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

theironjef posted:

I'm sure at least some of these dudes are the captain.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

:catstare:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

The text at the bottom of this image led me to this page and it is, uh, I don't even know.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Dick Burglar posted:

The text at the bottom of this image led me to this page and it is, uh, I don't even know.

Despite the weirdly inflammatory language of it, plenty of that site seems to be somewhat on point in regards to history, but this is just from a click glance.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Kinda reminds me of the time when I attempted to research how much contact medieval Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa had and instead found a book claiming Vikings were actually African and that everyone with the nickname 'the Black' was actually black.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

AXE COP posted:

Actually I have a similar request: supernatural pirates. Preferably demonic/possessed ones but any flavour of not-quite-mortal evil seafarers will do.

Theoretically he's some kind of soldier, and hes not on a boat, but with a little cropping he'd fit right in.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So I'm running a game of Lasers & Feelings, and I need some art for the crew's ship! If you don't know what L&F is, it's basically a light game riffing on classic Star Trek. The ship is a small cruiser, with fast engines and a fighter bay. The entire crew is 8 people, for more size reference.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
While I probably don't have an exact match, I do have some other light cruiser looking ships that could work:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'm a fan of the art direction for Warframe and am looking forward to the Gunslinger themed one that's in development.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

homerlaw posted:

Despite the weirdly inflammatory language of it, plenty of that site seems to be somewhat on point in regards to history, but this is just from a click glance.

Europe was ruled by black people but this truth has been suppressed today? The author's argument is that all these different depictions of St. Maurice are misattributed and are actually the black rulers of the Holy Roman Empire. White people are actually albinos from Central Asia who took Europe from the black skinned Europeans and rewrote history.

There is an argument to be made that there were more people of African or Middle Eastern descent running around Europe in the Middle Ages but the author's claims are pretty crazy.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Europe was ruled by black people but this truth has been suppressed today? The author's argument is that all these different depictions of St. Maurice are misattributed and are actually the black rulers of the Holy Roman Empire. White people are actually albinos from Central Asia who took Europe from the black skinned Europeans and rewrote history.

There is an argument to be made that there were more people of African or Middle Eastern descent running around Europe in the Middle Ages but the author's claims are pretty crazy.

Yeah, the author quotes a pretty defensible argument about why Saint Maurice is probably a myth (the David Woods bit) but that's clearly not their original work. They also claim that Ulrich von Hutten was black without anything more than "deep research", which I haven't seen proposed anywhere else. Honestly, the fact that it's written like a threatening chain e-mail is a big give-away.

For all its conspiracy-theory abrasiveness, the website does sometimes cite interesting/reputable texts. And hey, the pictures are usable regardless. There's a nice gallery of the Hawaiian royal family, some early 1900s Korean photographs, a ton of references for Midwestern Native Americans, etc. It's like a museum where the curator won't stop talking about 9/11 being an inside job.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
I would like to request cool pics of Imps, and other devilish creatures.

Also familiars, if anyone has those.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Posting a link to Sam Bosma's website. There's some pretty fantastic art on the website. The black and white stuff is a lot more traditional fantasy with some stylistic takes on things while the illustrations are just all around great.

Some samples:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

AXE COP posted:

It's always really difficult not to post pictures of LeChuck when someone asks for something like this.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

The prism-sword is my favouritest thing.

I'm going to be playing in a game set in Not-India. Anyone got any good art of mythic Asian/Indian heroes? Preferably bare-fisted, shirtless and yelling!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

AXE COP posted:

Well there's always Cervantes, from Soul Calibur...

..but you can't go past the Dread Ghost Zombie Demon Pirate LeChuck.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

mechanicalFactory posted:

While I probably don't have an exact match, I do have some other light cruiser looking ships that could work:

These are all pretty great. Thanks!

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
I was digging through the mess of random bookmarks I've accumulated over the years doing some housecleaning and found a blog full of improvised firearms perfect for anything post-apocalyptic.

http://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
I would like to see something a bit unusual: Show me your best spooky horses.

I'm looking for a mount(read: "Celestial Warhorse") image for my Paladin in my 5e game, and I want something that's spooky but not necessarily scary. Something that says "Oh poo poo that's a loving weird-rear end horse!" but not "OH gently caress KILL THAT MONSTER HORSE!"

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
How about a qilin?

from here

or this one

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

AAAAAAAAAAAND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!
WILL ALWAYS LOVE
YOUOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUOOOUUUUUU!!

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
I somehow managed to miss that pice. That bard is supposed to be this Halfling, and they look nothing alike.

The vomit singing looks like Jerry Seinfeld for some reason.

What's the deal with orcs?
        /

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
The barf bard: new character concept found.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
That's cuz the photoshopped over face is from the cover of the high elves codex from warhammer, although I think it fits better personally.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Motherfucker posted:

That's cuz the photoshopped over face is from the cover of the high elves codex from warhammer, although I think it fits better personally.

Noted.

Original image:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Motherfucker posted:

This is also a photoshop (or maybe :thejoke:).

Original art:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Barf Bards know the terrible secret of the Brown Note.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

So where did Jerry Seinfelf come from?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Inverse Icarus posted:

Jerry Seinfelf sprouted from the ether fully formed, ready to be photoshopped onto other elves. There is no distinct origin point.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Inverse Icarus posted:

It's classified :ssh:

Pathfinder: Ultimate Campaign

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, I'd go shirtless under my vestbelt if I had a rockin' halfling bod.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Good god, put a bag of holding over his head.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

Lem gets around.

edit for content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Does the llama spit attack blind? Important question if I'm going to have a character ride one into battle.