Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So I picked up a Holiday Box earlier and have decided it should be my go-to, since it can easily fit every deck I want to bring with me in itself, rather than squeezing 3 different size and shape boxes in my bag. Does anyone have suggestions for a durable backpack that will take a holiday box and a 2 binder's (the hardback ultra pro ones) without looking hideous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Yeah it seems like it's at least a decent sideboard option in Sultai decks to bring in for the mirror/UB control/other slower matchups where the tempo loss doesn't matter as much and the inevitability boost is a nice trump.

I might actually sideboard it in the Sultai deck I'm building not gonna lie

But that's mainly because I'm really cheap and don't want to buy better cards

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It's I Love You! vs. HAUMPH in the finals of The First Ever Legacy Cube

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

DoctorOozy posted:

I am off to Texas for X-mass with my wifes family and have had the ok to find a store for a holiday FNM on December 26th!

We will be about 40 miles from San Antonio so does anyone have a recommended store and can advise as to what format it will be on the 26th?

North south east west? If you aren't north of San antonio come play with us at Dragons Lair.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Boco_T posted:

He keeps stealing my precious goblins, this would be awful if they cost me more than 1-2 mana each

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Boco_T posted:

I have both twitch open, I wish I love you could have heard Cheon's groan when he played that arc trail

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

forbidden lesbian posted:

I have both twitch open, I wish I love you could have heard Cheon's groan when he played that arc trail

I would tell you to tell him IM SORRY but you can't, no one can. We have been forever silenced

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
If Grixis Durdle isn't a viable Legacy Cube archetype, then I'm gonna lose pretty bad.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Cheon's reaction to the G2 Spikeshot was great too.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
"OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? That is insane!" -Paul Cheon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I Love You! posted:

I would tell you to tell him IM SORRY but you can't, no one can. We have been forever silenced

OH trust me, he's going to want you to apologize more for that spikeshot elder.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Boco_T posted:

"OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? That is insane!" -Paul Cheon

I had it in hand the whole time teehee

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I Love You! posted:

If only I'd cheated green earlier in the draft, even though my end result is probably Good Enough.

A winner is you! Nice work

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
What did he have in hand i managed to resist the temptation of opening up his stream after the game was over because Bad Manner

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I Love You! posted:

What did he have in hand i managed to resist the temptation of opening up his stream after the game was over because Bad Manner

oust and a land

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

An Oust and an Island

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I Love You! posted:

He had an oust and a bunch of Islands

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Poor little guy, I like Paul but those games probably hurt a lot to be on the receiving end of

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh hey, you're audio was fine for the match, if you were worried.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Oh hey, you're audio was fine for the match, if you were worried.

Ah, cool. It's hard to make myself pay too much attention when everything is all borked anyway.

Thanks for watching errone, I'll probably do another cube in a few minutes if my GF is busy with studies for the rest of the night (she probably is soooo). I'm def better at cube than I am at standard so it feels good playing a format I know I'm favored in instead of bashing my head into a metagame I only kind of know.

Cube is fun. Even dumb cube is fun. Sulfuric Vortex is OP.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Do another cube I'll watch it, i can't sleep and i dont have to get up early in the morning soooo

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Just built my first ever Legacy Cube deck. Red/white durdle with all of the land destruction and removal. I have Banishing Light, O-ring, Journey to Nowhere AND Faith's Fetters. Also Armageddon, Ajani Vengeant, Avalanche Riders, Molten Rain, and Wasteland. I don't know if it's any good but it's going to be super fun to play.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
DOIN IT, vintage masters packs here I come~

https://www.twitch.tv/tedsternator

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Just built my first ever Legacy Cube deck. Red/white durdle with all of the land destruction and removal. I have Banishing Light, O-ring, Journey to Nowhere AND Faith's Fetters. Also Armageddon, Ajani Vengeant, Avalanche Riders, Molten Rain, and Wasteland. I don't know if it's any good but it's going to be super fun to play.

Armageddon is not a durdle card! It does not really fit with the rest of your stuff probably (except PWs)!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Grixis Durdle = not viable.

Also, I forgot the reason I don't play Cube. Because it costs 3 times what it should just to play a game with cards I can't keep.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Chat is back up by the way

Also Cheon is drafting a sweet deck(or at least a deck I like)

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Elyv posted:

Chat is back up by the way

Also Cheon is drafting a sweet deck(or at least a deck I like)

Alas, I shall not play him again this day.

Definitely enjoyed you guys filling me in after the facts on his frustration/comments though :)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I Love You! posted:

Armageddon is not a durdle card! It does not really fit with the rest of your stuff probably (except PWs)!

Yeah I'm figuring this out. I took it to go with walkers and Greater Gargadon. I guess it's not THAT durdly a deck; my game plan is to answer everything until I can resolve a big threat, then throw the frisbee on the roof. Neat format.

edit: aaaaaaand I just lost a game I had in hand because I misclicked. Seriously. Had lethal. Two misclicks in a row, too, either would have won me the game. Yes, I definitely want to Faith's Fetters my own Plains instead of his only blocker.

This is actually kinda bumming me out since I lost the match. I had him, guys. Had him. Game 1 I had all the answers, except I lost with him on 6 and tapped out and with me having 6 power of attackers because I didn't Fetters his blocker. Game 2 I was doing well and then I hit a run of land while he drew Mirari's Wake and then Miracle Entreat the Angels for X=10. Didn't see any Oblivion Ring or Banishing Light to deal with his Awakening Zone or Wake :(. Cube is still fun but losing like that kinda chaps me-- had I won game 1 we would have gone to 3 with me on the play, and I liked my chances vs. him.

double edit: aaaand I just F6'd through my turn. Man, I am on tilt today.

triple edit: molten rain'd my own mountain, again, costing me the win. i swear i am not normally like this guys.

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 20, 2014

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Buddy of mine wants to get back into MTG for the first time in like 15 years. I'm stoked to help him with that but he wants to draft this Friday and Khans is crazy. So I'm trying to pull off some Pygmalion for Nerds poo poo here and get him up to speed as much as I can.

Any suggestions? I'm gonna write something up but I need to make sure he understands the parts of the turn to at least some degree, a little bit about the stack, at least some basic pointers for draft, and a broad outline of how Khans works. If anyone's done any of this stuff super elegantly already it'd save me some time and grief I'm sure.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

I wrote up a a Khans draft primer about a month ago for a few new players I drafted with. It doesn't say anything about turn structure, but it does go over the basics of a draft, the BREAD acronym (I used BREAST = Bomb, Removal, Evasion, Ability, Synergy, The Rest), the Morph mechanic, and each clan and their mechanics.

If you want to use it as a guideline for your own primer, or just use it straight-up, I can send it your way.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sure thing. Just paste the link or pm me.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Speaking of ghosting streams, you guys should have been watching Frank Lepore's stream last night where he played someone who was unwittingly ghosting him and then typed Frank's hand into the chat to be like "whoa haha oops, I'm watching you play me" and Frank flipped out on cam for the next 20 minutes, both out loud to us and in the match chat to his opponent, cursing him out repeatedly and just completely losing his poo poo at someone having the nerve to ghost his stream in a Legacy 2-man or whatever pointless room he was playing in. It was hilarious and pathetic to watch and confirmed every negative feeling I have towards him as a magic player.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Finished my draft 2-1. Armageddon was a complete all star every time I cast it; I won the game almost immediately each time. Having it and Wrath of God in the same deck is p cool. Council's Judgment, Journey to Nowhere, O-ring, Banishing Light, Warleader's Helix, Flame Slash, and Molten Rain for removal, and Linvala, Inferno Titan, Avalanche Riders, Grim Lavamancer, Student of Battle, Flickerwisp, and Thundermaw Hellkite for creatures. I had Sorin, Solemn Visitor, Ajani Goldmane, Ajani Vengeant, and Chandra Pyromaster for walkers. For lands I had plenty of duals (mostly RW but also some RB and a Temple of Silence), Wasteland and Volrath's Stronghold. There was some more various stuff in all of those categories that I forget, but that was the basics. In one game I had turn 3 Molten Rain, turn 4 Avalanche Riders, turn 5 Wasteland. Felt good. :feelsgood:

Dungeon Ecology posted:

I wrote up a a Khans draft primer about a month ago for a few new players I drafted with. It doesn't say anything about turn structure, but it does go over the basics of a draft, the BREAD acronym (I used BREAST = Bomb, Removal, Evasion, Ability, Synergy, The Rest), the Morph mechanic, and each clan and their mechanics.

If you want to use it as a guideline for your own primer, or just use it straight-up, I can send it your way.

Yeah I'd like this too.

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 20, 2014

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH

Dungeon Ecology posted:

I too am interested.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Speaking of ghosting streams, you guys should have been watching Frank Lepore's stream last night where he played someone who was unwittingly ghosting him and then typed Frank's hand into the chat to be like "whoa haha oops, I'm watching you play me" and Frank flipped out on cam for the next 20 minutes, both out loud to us and in the match chat to his opponent, cursing him out repeatedly and just completely losing his poo poo at someone having the nerve to ghost his stream in a Legacy 2-man or whatever pointless room he was playing in. It was hilarious and pathetic to watch and confirmed every negative feeling I have towards him as a magic player.

It was pretty sad. I totally understand being mad about it, especially considering the guy wrote his hand down and sent it to him, but he was going off for like 20 minutes.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Sure thing. Just paste the link or pm me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8tKZMqSmYukLVFWSFpNWE13ZHc/view?usp=sharing
Feel free to save it and use it at your leisure. I'm going to remove the link in a little bit so my spergy, try-hard wizard poker guide isn't hosted for all to see.
Keep in mind, it's for beginners, so I tend to gloss over anything that involves the stack or priority (for example, exactly when Morphs can and can't be flipped.) Feel free to use it, or I guess critique it.

Dungeon Ecology fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 20, 2014

oryx
Nov 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tonights South Park was about magic?!?

Should be streaming live tomorrow: http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s18e08-cock-magic

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

suicidesteve posted:

It was pretty sad. I totally understand being mad about it, especially considering the guy wrote his hand down and sent it to him, but he was going off for like 20 minutes.
Whenever a person is in a situation like he or she should think to themselves "what would LSV do?"

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Spiderdrake posted:

Whenever a person is in a situation like he or she should think to themselves "what would LSV do?"

I think everyone should just always do that all the time. I would hate people who share our hobby so much less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Could LSV move a window over to block his cards so the stream doesn't see it? And then laugh and comment that he can't see his own cards? Cuz that'd own.

• Locked thread