Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I can't even believe how many people didn't hate the Battle Frontier. :raise: The Maison is the same drat thing, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Good. Gambling to get TMs sucks. :colbert:

But gambling just to waste time is great!

Also dolls

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
We haven't had gambling for like 2 or 3 generations now, not sure why people are surprised the game corner is closed

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What is this?! A Battle Tower for ants?!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

I can't even believe how many people didn't hate the Battle Frontier. :raise: The Maison is the same drat thing, guys.

Battle Frontier in both Emerald and Pt/Hg/Ss were great fun, had a ton of variety and was a good challenge as well.

The Maison is a good challenge, but it's just battling, there's nothing else to it, no rented Pokemon, or choosing the right room, or climbing a pyramid.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Good. Gambling to get TMs sucks. :colbert:

Wait, there are people who didn't just buy 4000 coins outright after the E4?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

Didn't battle frontier have other modes of battle? Like Roulette battles and stuff where your pokemon got random buffs, and/or you got random pokemon.

Or was that the DPPt Battle thing?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

The Battle Frontier was at least interesting thanks to all the different battle styles. To be honest, I hope this means they spent more time on interesting end-game content like the Looker missions. Something besides "battle your way through several hundred trainers in a variety of facilities" would be great.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I just want online battle * back. It sucks I can't co-op battle tower with my buddies across country.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Did anyone pick up a spare Diancie code from Gamestop? *Oops I broke a rule?*

If you have one, good for you.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 19, 2014

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Dabir posted:

What is this?! A Battle Tower for ants?!

:golfclap:

You know what you actually be nice? 6 pokes single battle online

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'd send you some real money over the internet for it.

Don't do this.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Nooo, I don't have a Sableye to transfer over. Anyone happens to have a safari zone with it so I can catch one with prankster?

If its still matters- i have a fire safari with charmeleon.

cancerianmoth fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 20, 2014

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

LAY-ZX posted:

I would literally rather have an updated Battle Frontier than pokemon following you again, poo poo owned.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Solumin posted:

To be honest, I hope this means they spent more time on interesting end-game content like the Looker missions. Something besides "battle your way through several hundred trainers in a variety of facilities" would be great.

I don't know, I think I prefer the latter, though would obviously want both. The former would be a variety of things you'd do one time and then could never do again. The latter is a variety of things you can take on as many times as you want with a large variety of teams. Just, variety and replayability everywhere.

I'm guessing Nintendo's argument for not devoting dev-time to it would be how easy it is to online battle now, but to me those are two different things. The sorts of teams I'll use and the styles offered by the older battle facilities are just inherently different modes of play and, if anything, I'd make an argument for adding an online component to them rather than hoping the current online components can replace the want for them.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Actually I might just pick up my team during the game...although I will transfer a shiny Pikachu and a Celebi from pokebank. I never trained a team for a playthrough before anyway.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I am Reverend posted:

I would literally rather have an updated Battle Frontier than pokemon following you again, poo poo owned.

I think you should leave now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I am Reverend posted:

Your mans following you around is the most adorable thing if you don't agree you're a hitler.

Tonlim
Jan 4, 2014

Literally The Worst posted:

Your mans following you around is the most adorable thing if you don't agree you're a hitler.

Then call me Adolf good sir :colbert:.

HGSS was slow as gently caress to play, and the cutesy novelty value of a pokémon buddy out in the field quickly turned into an annoyance since it added extra animations when you got on and off your bike.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

LAY-ZX posted:

Don't do this.

I'm reminded of that guy who came here once and talked about paying for ebay pokesav services lmao

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tonlim posted:

Then call me Adolf good sir :colbert:.

HGSS was slow as gently caress to play, and the cutesy novelty value of a pokémon buddy out in the field quickly turned into an annoyance since it added extra animations when you got on and off your bike.

Oh no I can't speedrun my slave fight simulator, this outweighs the dopeness of having a sweet crocodile following me everywhere!

I bet you think the right choice of remake is AS

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMej__yTmE

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

I bet you think the right choice of remake is AS

You sound like a land lover.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Looking through the list of items from the data dump, there doesn't seem to be anything like a "Rayquazanite" or any sort of mega stone for Rayquaza to mega evolve with.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zuzie posted:

Looking through the list of items from the data dump, there doesn't seem to be anything like a "Rayquazanite" or any sort of mega stone for Rayquaza to mega evolve with.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70613798

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

imagine a mega choice banded rayquaza- ITS OVER 9000!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MacheteZombie posted:

You sound like a land lover.

Fish fucker

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Lanark posted:

Not at all, because I have an extra! I don't have PMs, but post your email and I'll send it over.

Holy poo poo, thanks!

Got it!

Pentaro fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 20, 2014

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

mabels big day posted:

imagine a mega choice banded rayquaza- ITS OVER 9000!!

I see.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Looks like there's a patch for the Bank to enable compatibility with ORAS. Any word on if it's buggy?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Looks like there's a patch for the Bank to enable compatibility with ORAS. Any word on if it's buggy?

Been fine for me so far.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

:getin:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Interesting thing is the Meteorite you get from Mt. Chimney starts to slowly become a Mega Stone.

...Deoxytite?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

It's male, try again. :colbert:

Crosspeice posted:

Interesting thing is the Meteorite you get from Mt. Chimney starts to slowly become a Mega Stone.

...Deoxytite?

Are those the only two colors? If there's also a red I'd be more tempted to believe it's your starter's.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I'm so jealous of every single aspect of your dumb rabbit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I'm so jealous of you right now.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Oh my God. I'm fighting the urge to fail finals because I spent two weeks getting nazi uberpokemons of the new megas

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Sorry to interrupt rabbit praise, but does anyone know if that recent patched fixed the cloning glitch?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

It's male, try again.

It's like Poison, it's whatever gender you want her to be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Night Blade posted:

It's like Poison, it's whatever gender you want her to be!

How dare you disrespect his gender presentation. Now throw him in the trash and get a new one.

• Locked thread