Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Regy Rusty posted:

BY all day every day. You'll beat it in less than half the time.

Holy poo poo thank you, I completely forgot about her C2 :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Thanks to this thread I learned about Cia's C2 (YX) and man is it nice for clearing out hordes of low level monsters.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hip-thrust to victory.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spectacle Rock posted:

Thanks to this thread I learned about Cia's C2 (YX) and man is it nice for clearing out hordes of low level monsters. everything

Cia stomps own. Huge area, easy juggles, fast, and solid damage. Never not stomp.*

*Unless you are using her C4 on giant bosses. Cia is the best character.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 20, 2014

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

chumbler posted:

CiaVolga is the best character.

what's that i'm sorry i can't hear you over my super-long fire breath that clears out an entire keep in one fell swoop

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I actually prefer Cia's C3 over C4. The Links seem to peter out fast so I have to get close, but she is rooted during summoning so she's a sitting duck. C3 lets me throw my balls in people's faces without being so close.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Wild Knight posted:

what's that i'm sorry i can't hear you over my super-long fire breath that clears out an entire keep in one fell swoop

Volga is also the hardest to fight against, I just can't do Wizzro's level 2 weapon because there's no healing and Volga comes along and fucks me up.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I actually prefer Cia's C3 over C4. The Links seem to peter out fast so I have to get close, but she is rooted during summoning so she's a sitting duck. C3 lets me throw my balls in people's faces without being so close.

Yeah but C4 let's you melt weak gauges like butter.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

Taear posted:

Volga is also the hardest to fight against, I just can't do Wizzro's level 2 weapon because there's no healing and Volga comes along and fucks me up.

I had some trouble with that one too. It's not just Volga, either. A bunch of Moblins follow him around, so you have to deal with their fat asses too. Everything seems to have a hard time blocking Wizzro's attacks, though, so my best advice is to keep out of Volga's spear range and attack him relentlessly. If you can get the Moblins bunched together with him, you can juggle them all into a C5 or hit them with a special. If Volga transforms, just run away.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It should be known that his basic combo juggles enemies and his death ray (I think it's C4?) absolutely melts them. Not their weak points, mind, it actually just does a poo poo ton of damage straight up. Wizzro is all about spacing. Keep your distance with juggles and use the laser whenever possible. He's super strong.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is there a trick to Lana's lv 3 Summoning Gate mission? She's on lv 61 and has a 4* lv 2 gate, but I can't win fast enough. The Dinolfoses and Aerolfoses take forfuckingever to kill, and a bunch of them run into your base right after you kill the officers and open the enemy base. I can't deal with all of them plus Impa, and then beat Link in under 15 minutes. I don't know what to do.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You don't want or need to kill all the Dinolfos in the final horde. They're not going to capture your base. Fight them and the mooks with them until you get to 1000+ kills and leave to go fight Link/get your last couple hundred kills.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Twitch is playing Hyrule Warriors.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

There's no way to restart an adventure map other than suiciding or quitting/restarting, right? Just had my final skulltula vanish when I was 5 feet away.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I've been trying a few level 2 weapon levels for people I don't use very much and I really can't do some, like Ghairim (I can't even spell his name) because there just aren't enough enemies to get to 1200 kills in 15 minutes. I'm not even sure what to do about this other than maybe pad out fighting in keeps but there's not even very many enemies in those either!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Taear posted:

I've been trying a few level 2 weapon levels for people I don't use very much and I really can't do some, like Ghairim (I can't even spell his name) because there just aren't enough enemies to get to 1200 kills in 15 minutes. I'm not even sure what to do about this other than maybe pad out fighting in keeps but there's not even very many enemies in those either!

Do note that fighting the boss in their keep usually racks up another 150-200+ kills but yeah, some of those maps are very sparse.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Taear posted:

Attack the Cucco.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Attack the Cucco.

I did, I was at about 1070 by the end. I tried to pad it out but I ended up killing the end boss just before I could kill enough enemies.

The most frustrating thing about the entire game is it feels like such a titanic waste of your time if you don't get an A, especially if it was a hard fought level. Seventeen minutes wasted doing the Ganon level 3 weapon just to fail because I took seventeen minutes instead of fifteen, hurrah. Or even when it's 15 minutes and X seconds, that's probably the worst.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You do get to retain your drops and XP if you finish a map and get a B though, so your next attempt will be easier. I mean it is kinda a waste of time, but the whole game is a grindy time waster.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

You do get to retain your drops and XP if you finish a map and get a B though, so your next attempt will be easier. I mean it is kinda a waste of time, but the whole game is a grindy time waster.

For the most part though the XP and drops don't make much of a difference. I guess it's starting to feel like for me the stuff I have got left I really need a second person present who isn't going to take a lot of damage. If only there was a cheat that let you play whoever you want on every level, I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

...The only way this is gonna work is to try and treat it as though they're the AI-give a 'command'(Take this base, engage target') and let the player go to it.

The game's too fast-paced for individual button presses to work.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

There ya go. A weapon for Zelda, and Link as...the Postman. :-|

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Imp or Twili, Midna is still content to chill on that wolf.

Curious as Hell what Z's now weapon is gonna be.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I wonder what they mean by Twilight Princess themed

Also hope we can buy the pre-order costumes on the 27th too

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Every level is finding little tear drops and killing beetles. I HOPE

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

POSTMAN OUTFIT

THE TINGLE DREAM LIVES

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tingle wasn't even in TP anyway

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What items are really even available for Zelda's new weapon? Only things I can think of are the dominion rod or maybe magic cape.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The Phantom Armor

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
UMMM Tetrapower?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

chumbler posted:

What items are really even available for Zelda's new weapon? Only things I can think of are the dominion rod or maybe magic cape.

Does it have to be TP related? If not she should get the animal flute from Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Does it have to be TP related? If not she should get the animal flute from Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

I'd imagine it would have to be from something else. I mean, TP is where she got the rapier. Unless they're gonna give her a cloak that lets her explode all over people or something.

Weapon to turn her into puppet Zelda?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

So it's the Summoning gate except sometimes you are stuck with Moosh instead of the kangaroo that punches whirlwinds.

I am still bitter that I got Moosh instead of the kangaroo that punches whirlwinds. :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

So it's the Summoning gate except sometimes you are stuck with Moosh instead of the kangaroo that punches whirlwinds.

I am still bitter that I got Moosh instead of the kangaroo that punches whirlwinds. :(

Stuck with moosh? Stuck with Moosh? I regret saving your network link today.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I don't think they're going to make any Oracles references myself

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

He is an adorable fat flying bear and all but the other dudes did cooler stuff :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Twilight Midna riding on a giant wolf is all it takes to sell me on this new character.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What's another weapon from Twilight Princess that isn't already in Hyrule Warriors?

Ummm... Ummm... Uhhhh...

The iron boots!!!!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What's another weapon from Twilight Princess that isn't already in Hyrule Warriors?

Ummm... Ummm... Uhhhh...

The iron boots!!!!!

drat it all, now I'm going to be disappointed when we don't get kung fu Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

mabels big day posted:

True that! Moosh is adorable.

• Locked thread