Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
So at SAMs club bored as as poo poo, and they tell me the battery doesn't need to be replaced, just charged. Well duh, it won't keep a charge past like 2 days that's why I wanted an agm battery.....

I'm not mad at the tech, he is just trying to save me some money, I know the battery shouldn't be bad, the car is a 2013.

loving vw, I guess this is what we get for winning ww2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

alternate.eago posted:

loving vw, I guess this is what we get for winning ww2.

If the Nazis won, VW would be GM. And imagine how bad their cars would be then.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Would they actively try to kill you, or would it be the smarter way of slowly draining your wallet, but giving you features you want, but never work correctly?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

alternate.eago posted:

Would they actively try to kill you, or would it be the smarter way of slowly draining your wallet, but giving you features you want, but never work correctly?
This is a hypothetical exercise about car companies in an alternate universe where Nazi Germnay was victorious in World War II, and you have to ask if they would be actively trying to kill you?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I decided to disburse myself of some projects so I can focus on one, so my 63 VW project is for sale. :( I'll put together an AI Marketplace ad too. I'm not really bummed as much as I really should buy projects that require less body work.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

Holy poo poo that's criminal. I'm so sorry man.

No poo poo. We trust our lives to these people and have the gall to low-ball their pay? WTF?
Never mind that the ambulance service will charge you $1000 for a ride...

e: FB, many times.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I'm at a trans-Siberian orchestra concert and I'm browsing SA. When did they get so horrible?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The ambulance siren has been installed in the beetle!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

I'm at a trans-Siberian orchestra concert and I'm browsing SA. When did they get so horrible?

saves me from even thinking about getting tickets when they swing through here in a couple of weeks

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Beethoven's Last Night was their peak. They were awesome.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

rscott posted:

saves me from even thinking about getting tickets when they swing through here in a couple of weeks

They still have sweet guitar riffs but it's like once every 10 minutes interspersed with some dude literally standing and talking about a little kid opening letters. There was also some weird blues tangent that turned into a led zeppelin song for 30 seconds?

"Creative freedom"

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 204 days!)

Got a #1 cyl misfire in Cheby before I replaced plugs and wires. It must have had old gas or been fed leftover naptha. Cleared error, replaced wires and some rather old plugs. That 5.7L Vortec loves 87 octane, but runs all day on 85.5 with no complaints (only found in less-desirable-than-711-will-build-here locations. Put a few hundred miles on it this week. If it was a 2x4, I'd probably keep it. As it is, may keep it through the winter to haul stuff (hopefully out).

Adiabatic posted:

They still have sweet guitar riffs but it's like once every 10 minutes interspersed with some dude literally standing and talking about a little kid opening letters. There was also some weird blues tangent that turned into a led zeppelin song for 30 seconds?

"Creative freedom"

Maybe they were reading this thread.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I just updated my insurance information at a concert.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Adiabatic posted:

"Creative freedom"

God I loving hate that. No, dimmu borgir, I do not want to listen to some dude give a speech about a dragon in a black cave of ice, I want to hear some fuckin' music. Dammit.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Darchangel posted:

No poo poo. We trust our lives to these people and have the gall to low-ball their pay? WTF?
Never mind that the ambulance service will charge you $1000 for a ride...

e: FB, many times.

Let me tell you about aviation and the pay in that industry...you might be surprised just how terribly pilots and flight attendants are paid.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Holy loving poo poo i forgot to unfriend her mom because of poo poo and she just texts me again saying that i need to stop burning the love letters I find because my ex wont forgive me for it when she finds out

I said word for word give me one loving reason I should care

E: hahahahhahahaha because shes really sick and may regret it later well guess what bitch thats called dealing with consequences for your actions

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 20, 2014

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Adiabatic posted:

I'm at a Judas Priest and Steel Panther concert. It's wonderful.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Holy loving poo poo i forgot to unfriend her mom because of poo poo and she just texts me again saying that i need to stop burning the love letters I find because my ex wont forgive me for it when she finds out

I said word for word give me one loving reason I should care

E: hahahahhahahaha because shes really sick and may regret it later well guess what bitch thats called dealing with consequences for your actions

What did she think taking a break to see and possibly sleep with another person meant?

I'd expect my signifiicant other to completely cut me out of their life if I did something like that.

What are you, a trampoline?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly they're lucky the extent of the burning has so far been limited to the love letters. I pitched the storage unit idea at the mom because if Im supposed to have any sort of peace I need to stop staring at all her stuff every second I'm home.

Kinda hope they decide itll be too costly to move te bed and couch though because god drat they comfy. Plus th whole I threw my bed out to make room part.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

So I work at a Toyota stealership, and sometimes I have to cover the receptionist's breaks. The amount of phone calls I've taken that went something like "Yes, hi, I'd like to schedule an appointment for service, my tire light came on and they need to be filled up" is...disheartening.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Motronic posted:

I was making like $13.50 or so as an EMT-D nearly 20 years ago in eastern PA. $9.60 is criminally low.

I completely agree. I was sourcing from sfbay Craigslist from ambulance company du jour for our local 9.60 as well. 9.60 doesn't pay for poo poo in San Francisco.

T-Square posted:

So I work at a Toyota stealership, and sometimes I have to cover the receptionist's breaks. The amount of phone calls I've taken that went something like "Yes, hi, I'd like to schedule an appointment for service, my tire light came on and they need to be filled up" is...disheartening.

They probably want genuine Toyota tire fluid.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

My '64 Chevy is sitting in the driveway under four feet of snow. It won't fit in the garage, as my dads el Camino and skylark have taken up residence in my garage.

I rent my grandparents old house from my parents. The past few years I had the Chevy and my dd impreza in the garage for winter. You'd think they'd knock a few bucks off rent for losing the two car garage during a MI winter.

Although judging by the recent poo poo in this thread I don't have any reason to bitch. But I will anyway, because thirsty Wednesday owns.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

ExecuDork posted:

This is a hypothetical exercise about car companies in an alternate universe where Nazi Germnay was victorious in World War II, and you have to ask if they would be actively trying to kill you?
Hypothetically,
I'm just asking, I'm white and like half German so, legitimate question here....
Also that was over half a century ago by that time they should have stomped out all hope with their Hugo Boss boots by now one would think.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oops

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Wow..no offense meant at all 13", but drat..your life is reading as depressing as gently caress, yet you keep on out of a seeming cussedness for giving no shits..keep on keeping on dude, removing her and her things from your life is the only thing you can do..

So our staff meeting regarding our grievances was cancelled last minute last Friday. The rest of the staff and I all participated in an impromptu meeting of our own though..boss said that we were in danger of being written up for insubordination for all "conspiring together".

The new meeting is scheduled for Dec 1st at 2PM. I get off work no earlier than 9AM, will be asleep no earlier than noon..won't be able to get back to sleep before 5PM if I'm lucky and will have to be back here at 11PM that night.

This job is rapidly becoming not worth the extra headaches caused by lovely supervision, uncaring regulations and horrible pay. (I know the feels of more and more responsibilities being foisted on you yet having things like sick time, paid time off and holiday bonuses taken away)

gently caress the mental healthcare bullshit in this country.

We found out we won't be getting our holiday bonuses this year. For the first time ever. Between my wife and I, that's over three hundred dollars lost for the holidays.

I'm starting to look around for something else. It's hard to find something that I can work with my limited use of my left hand. But maybe I need to suck that poo poo up and just try harder. Because this poo poo is starting to follow ALL of us home and this chickenshit company isn't worth that.

Tl;dr: One employee not doing his job, lying on his timesheets and doing blatantly illegal poo poo and not being held accountable for it is causing 4 of my female coworkers and I to seriously contemplate filing Hostile Work Environment grievances. gently caress Not-For-Profit (in name only) community based residential mental health services!

No only could a client stab you in the face, your bosses will stab you in the back while you're on the ground dying!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Three days off of work so far, expecting 2 more feet later today. While shoveling we saw a bunch of people walking with sleds to the nearest grocery store over a mile away. Most came back with beer.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Do whatcha gotta do. Just remember there's people here for you.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Cakefool posted:

I thought the whole point of tinder was finding fuckbuddies? No need to be coy about it, if you end up hooking up again because you get on, bonus.

I had more luck with getting a relationship from tinder than on an actual dating site.
I'm done with dating for a while though because it has put too big of a dent in the finances.
Back to the safety of drinking beer alone in front of the glow of a computer screen for a while.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
gently caress waking up two hours after you go to bed thinking about work poo poo you gotta do two days from now.

E:

spookykid fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 20, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

LOL @ pulling *PRE-TERMED* 3 CAT7 and 1 power cables over 200ft with multiple 90* bends through 1.5" smurf tube.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
pre-termed meaning pre-terminated? So female RJ45 already in place?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Day and a half lost trying to fix the vehicle from yesterday.
Almost positive that there is damage to the ground for some EL inverters which is somehow causing them to generate noise which is being picked up by the intercom.
I can't say I understand how that happens but I've laid a second intercom harness in the vehicle and connected it to it's own battery.
It all works fine until the inverters are powered up.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

LOL @ pulling *PRE-TERMED* 3 CAT7 and 1 power cables over 200ft with multiple 90* bends through 1.5" smurf tube.

Just stagger tape them and pull. Stop whining.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Trip report: New battery is awesome, and it starts the car sooooo fast compared to the old one. I think the old one was just surface charging, and putting it on a charger for a day didn't help, so glad I got a new battery.

Today needs to be over already. I just got to work and I'm so bored. There is gonna be a lot of posts from me today.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

bolind posted:

pre-termed meaning pre-terminated? So female RJ45 already in place?

They are crazy expensive CAT7 jacks that had a set tolerance at the factory so we can't snip 'em.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

T-Square posted:

I'm amazed people would waste their time to go to a dealer to deal with single absolute easiest maintenance item on a car.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BraveUlysses posted:

I'm amazed people would waste their time to go to a dealer to deal with single absolute easiest maintenance item on a car.

haha my coworker was complaining that the TPMS light on his new TC was on. I was like just throw some air in it and got back "but they're NITROGEN filled and blah blah blah" :downs:

Whoever figured out that they can sell people "special" air for their tires at a huge markup deserves a medal and a swift kick in the nuts, in that order.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Seriously. My tires are 77% nitrogen right now. Someone way overpaid for that poo poo.

(it was me, at a gas station air compressor. Those fuckers know they have you over a barrel.)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I used to just put air in my tires whenever my TPMS light came in. Turns out, I actually had a bad TPMS sensor, which is probably why it kept turning on.

I know this is a little late but I never understood the appeal of the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I like rock and I like classical, just not together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

It's looking like my 12 mile commute isn't long enough for the TPMS to do its thing and alert that it can't communicate with the senors (my winter wheels don't have any). I might be able to go all winter without the light coming on.

• Locked thread