Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a gif of the supersonic punch simulation that had Barry die in a nice puff of red mist? That cracked me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I like to imagine that Wonder Woman gets really annoyed at Justice League meetings by Flash, Arrow and Batman with their voice disguising antics.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

hiddenriverninja posted:

I like to imagine that Wonder Woman gets really annoyed at Justice League meetings by Flash, Arrow and Batman with their voice disguising antics.

Everyone knows each others' identities in the JLA at the founding level.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://dctvuniverse.com/2014/11/editorials-villains-ten-rogues-i-want-the-flash-to-announce/

Thawne as Cobalt Blue?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drifter posted:

Chloe WAS one of the best things about smallville, I'll grant you that.

And then became the worst.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Aphrodite posted:

I think Thawne is really too big a name to use as a red herring. That's like having a fakeout Lex Luthor for Superman.

HENRY JAMES OLSON

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

And then became the worst.

Lana was always the worst followed by Clark

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So Girder roided up and killed a couple guys. It's still loving unconscionable to put him in a closet sized cell for life with no due process, no attempt to deal with actual authorities, and then taunt him about it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's in a terrorist luxury apartment :colbert:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mr. Snerdley, have you heard the latest about Club Flashmo?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

greatn posted:

So Girder roided up and killed a couple guys. It's still loving unconscionable to put him in a closet sized cell for life with no due process, no attempt to deal with actual authorities, and then taunt him about it.
Nah it's badass.

I like how they obviated Barry's reason not to tell Iris his identity (i.e. she's already in danger, if anything she'd probably be safer if she knew), so at this point it's more about Barry just being creepy and kind of getting off on their secret meetings.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder if Joe West going to Welles is what gives him the idea to go back in time to kill her, creating a stable time loop.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Deep Winter posted:

Man, anybody who hasn't heard it needs to youtube Jim's Big Ego's The Ballad of Barry Allen.

And you see a blur around you fly, but it takes too long, it seems so slow to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMe1qlyuMXQ

I can't believe you didn't provide a link. :colbert:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

This show has yet to disappoint me.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I think a brief conversation about the Villain Guantanomo would be a good thing.

Since what they're really doing is stalling for time, trying to figure out how to break it to the world at large that hey, holy poo poo, we've got mutants roaming around.

Of course, has already implied that ARGUS and Waller are aware of metahumans, so...

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I think, like many things associated with Wells, the hidden jail is a pretty bad idea that Barry (and C&C) just haven't given enough thought to. I would expect it to blow up in their faces pretty spectacularly one of these days...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

jng2058 posted:

I think, like many things associated with Wells, the hidden jail is a pretty bad idea that Barry (and C&C) just haven't given enough thought to. I would expect it to blow up in their faces pretty spectacularly one of these days...

Yeah what if someone staged a Prison Break. :downsrim:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah what if someone staged a Prison Break. :downsrim:

Save that for a later season when Captain Cold, Heatwave? and the Clock king are all captured in no lunch supermax. Also the guy that played C note and the warden.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Save that for a later season when Captain Cold, Heatwave? and the Clock king are all captured in no lunch supermax. Also the guy that played C note and the warden.

Can't forget Count Vertigo. And, hell, might as well give poor Sucre a role too. Can't have the band back together without some bitch whining about his Maricruz, can we?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

jng2058 posted:

It'd be interesting to watch if say, the police found about it, called out the questionable ethics, and then asked where the hell they got the idea from. Then everyone awkwardly looks at Joe...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
just realised, Clancy brown is Lex Luthor in Lego Batman 3

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
They might do something with it eventually, but the show isn't just going to randomly have a Wire-esque episode where the cast seriously discusses the ramifications of their plan and dissects the morality of unjust imprisonment for 42 minutes before realizing that they're all horrible monsters who are doing terrible things. It's a goofy, super lighthearted comic book show on the CW. They decided to use the prison thing because it lets them keep the whole metahuman thing under wraps for as long as they want while avoiding having to write awkward/inconvenient death scenes every episode. Or, basically, stop thinking about it so much.

Also I'm still having a blast watching this but I can't wait for the crossover episodes. I think the villains have been the weakest part of the show so far and having Nick Tarabay show up for an episode or two will do the show a lot of good. It's been fine in these first few episodes since the show is obviously focusing on Barry's development/origin, but hopefully the villains (or at least the actors they get to play them) start improving once the show gets most of that out of the way and inevitably gets more procedural.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Was the guy "covered in flames" that Iris mentioned Firestorm or some other Human Torch-esque character I'm unaware of?

VDay posted:

Also I'm still having a blast watching this but I can't wait for the crossover episodes. I think the villains have been the weakest part of the show so far and having Nick Tarabay show up for an episode or two will do the show a lot of good. It's been fine in these first few episodes since the show is obviously focusing on Barry's development/origin, but hopefully the villains (or at least the actors they get to play them) start improving once the show gets most of that out of the way and inevitably gets more procedural.

Wells has been a pretty great villain so far. Either way, your fears will be put at ease once Grodd takes the center stage. :getin:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It'll be Firestorm for sure.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Firestorm is supposed to show up after the crossover isn't he? They said something about his character showing up in December or something like that.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Haven't seen this posted yet: first-look photos and synopsis for the crossover, part 1.

Rainbow Raider confirmed, complete with goofy name. :neckbeard:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

VDay posted:

They might do something with it eventually, but the show isn't just going to randomly have a Wire-esque episode where the cast seriously discusses the ramifications of their plan and dissects the morality of unjust imprisonment for 42 minutes before realizing that they're all horrible monsters who are doing terrible things. It's a goofy, super lighthearted comic book show on the CW. They decided to use the prison thing because it lets them keep the whole metahuman thing under wraps for as long as they want while avoiding having to write awkward/inconvenient death scenes every episode. Or, basically, stop thinking about it so much.

Oh there will be no be moral debate about it, I agree with you there. However, if they don't do the Supervillain Prison Break with all of Barry's locked up foes loose all at once, I'll be shocked.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

With Captain Cold already forming the Rogues I can't imagine he won't be breaking more of them out of the prison eventually.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Spergatory posted:

Haven't seen this posted yet: first-look photos and synopsis for the crossover, part 1.

Rainbow Raider confirmed, complete with goofy name. :neckbeard:

Is that... a boomerang? :eyepop:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Deep Winter posted:

Is that... a boomerang? :eyepop:

You don't watch Arrow, do you?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Is Multiplex in the Pipeline? I thought he actually died.

He didn't, he popped off one last copy while Barry was distracted and then faked his own death.

... :colbert:

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Scyantific posted:

You don't watch Arrow, do you?

No, it's on my to-do list. Is captain boomerang already a thing?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

just realised, Clancy brown is Lex Luthor in Lego Batman 3

Um, yeah? He was Lex in the second game too. And in a million cartoons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deep Winter posted:

No, it's on my to-do list. Is captain boomerang already a thing?

He just showed up in last night's episode and is played by Nick Tarabay.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Cobalt Blue is stupid. Thawne should be Zoom and Wells can be Abra Kadabra

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Cobalt Blue is stupid. Thawne should be Zoom and Wells can be Abra Kadabra

As long as we get this in the show

The newest episode has also confirmed that there will be a fight between Zoom and Flash that goes through time.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
What, no mention of the 10,000 pound Flash issue? They might as well throw fetishists a bone, give them something to work with.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Um, yeah? He was Lex in the second game too. And in a million cartoons.

In the same week, I saw Clancy Brown as General Eiling on The Flash, and then in Sleepy Hollow, we get flashbacks of him raising his son in Superman comics. Then I watched a rerun of the criminally short lived series Dan Vs. on Hulu and he voiced a Superman knock-off character. The man can't escape superheroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rasczak posted:

He didn't, he popped off one last copy while Barry was distracted and then faked his own death.

... :colbert:

Oh yeah, that reminds, the character of the week didn't die this time. Progress!

• Locked thread