Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think that little pattycake ditty was TUF's low point. Not jizz sushi, not the takedown on concrete, not any of the various Armenian shanking threats, not the upper-decker, not Nam Phan's onanism, not "Lemme bang, bro!" I'm sure I forgot a ton, but still. :rolleyes:

E: wait, nah, it doesn't beat Jason Guida missing weight on day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Randa is pretty cool and I like her a lot after popping Felice's bubble and beating up Tecia Torres.

And yeah this poo poo about Carla and Felice complaining about her wanting to train is loving retarded.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wise Learned Man posted:

I think that little pattycake ditty was TUF's low point. Not jizz sushi

Just gonna remind you of this

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This is running way over, my DVR already stopped. Glad I watched live?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

WELP good season Felice

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ahahahahahahhaah feels just as good watching it again.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hahahaha, that lovely episode was almost worth the payoff.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Wise Learned Man posted:

Hahahaha, that lovely episode was almost worth the payoff.

Yeah the finish is so worth it and I hope Randa takes Carla's arm home with her at some point now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That armbar was cool as hell and I like that it made Felice feel like poo poo.

an cow
Mar 18, 2002

This post may lower your reputation
Kaaarma Feliiice

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Vote Sweeper 2000 posted:

Kaaarma Feliiice

:siren:

I loved that. "Don't worry you're next."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lol did Randa actually have flight issues or did Carla and Randa get into an altercation at the Fox studio

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

1st AD posted:

Lol did Randa actually have flight issues or did Carla and Randa get into an altercation at the Fox studio

The weather is insane right now in the north so it is likely.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

34% of FSN viewers who care enough to vote in a poll think Randa is going to Kelvin her way through this tournament.

If there wasn't RoseJo waiting in the wings, I'd agree with those 7 people.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

34% of FSN viewers who care enough to vote in a poll think Randa is going to Kelvin her way through this tournament.

If there wasn't RoseJo waiting in the wings, I'd agree with those 7 people.

I could see Randa wrestlefucking Rose

And holy gently caress Carla comes off soooo badly. Just shut up already.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 20, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I had to turn off FS1 because Carla and Randa went on forever, but next week has Conor McGregor guest starring and then the fight preview has Penne and Daly landing awful looking punches on each other.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

With how much time Carla and Randa got, I could see them being the final and the UFC wanted some extra sizzle to the finale.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Randa owns. Felice sucks. Carla looks like the Mexican offspring of John Clayton.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

I had to turn off FS1 because Carla and Randa went on forever, but next week has Conor McGregor guest starring and then the fight preview has Penne and Daly landing awful looking punches on each other.

I don't think that they'd bring Conor out if Daly lost... would they? What would Conor say to the woman who had beaten his stablemate? Well, lots of funny poo poo, but not the kinds of stuff the UFC would want said about someone who they're trying to promote.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I mean Conor is in the episode, i.e. he visited Daly right after murdering Diego Brandão.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
gently caress you Felice Herrig. I swear, TUF is the best gauge for whether or not you should hate or love a fighter. Jojo and Randa for life.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-ultimate-fighter/story/tuf-talk-randa-markos-carla-esparza-needs-to-grow-up-111914

randa on tuf talk

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

ahaha that was the best possible ending. It took me a sec to even register that Felice was tapping and realize what was going on. I was pretty optimistic going into the fight though given that fairly neutral people like Aisling and Joanne were like "oh yeah, Randa is way better than her" while Carla and Penne were the only ones pumping Felice's tires.

It would be kind of cool if Carla and Jessica both lose their quarterfinal matchups too though I dunno if that's likely.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

A Tecia/Aisling semifinal fight would be kind of underwhelming because it's guaranteed to be a ton of ugly punching and kicks

Carla may be annoying but she at least has the best takedown entries and I can enjoy watching that

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm a little more than halfway through this episode and couldn't take the pressure of not knowing whether Felice gets her rear end handed to herself or backs up all the dumb drama with a win, ruining my TUF viewing experience with the outcome, so I spoiled the outcome through this thread and now a huge load is off my back and I'm relaxed as hell watching this fight commence.

I can already feel the :smug: tug at the corners of my mouth.

/edit:
Oh god, I hope she complains about the finish and calls it totally unjust and undeserved.

Haha, it's beautiful.

"Don't worry, you're next." Ice-loving gold.

Did she say that to Jessica Penne? I can barely put 7 names to faces this season, only the goon favorites, irish/scottish sweethearts and drama queens.

So Aisling is fighting the one that Randa said "You're next" to, then?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 20, 2014

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm a little more than halfway through this episode and couldn't take the pressure of not knowing whether Felice gets her rear end handed to herself or backs up all the dumb drama with a win, ruining my TUF viewing experience with the outcome, so I spoiled the outcome through this thread and now a huge load is off my back and I'm relaxed as hell watching this fight commence.

I can already feel the :smug: tug at the corners of my mouth.

/edit:
Oh god, I hope she complains about the finish and calls it totally unjust and undeserved.

Haha, it's beautiful.

"Don't worry, you're next." Ice-loving gold.

Did she say that to Jessica Penne? I can barely put 7 names to faces this season, only the goon favorites, irish/scottish sweethearts and drama queens.

So Aisling is fighting the one that Randa said "You're next" to, then?

The one Randa said you're next to is the #1 seed, Carla Esparza. Carla is fighting Tecia Torres (#3 seed, beaten by Randa in the first round, re-entered the tournament after Justine Kish pulled out injured, was switched to Team Pettis by Dana and ended up fighting former teammate Bec Rawlings last episode) next. Aisling is fighting Jessica Penne (the one who wanted a nose job because she was teased about it).

I thought no one came out of this episode not looking catty as hell. I guess it was sort of inevitable when 7 of 8 on one team ended up in the next round.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
randa's bubble burst, 'i've got something to show you', and 'you're next' was all rad as gently caress but holy cats batman.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Why do 3 of the 4 cool fighters have to be on the same side of the bracket? Jojo-Rose is going to break my heart, and before it has a chance to heal I'm going to have to deal with Randa-Jojo/Rose. Why can't any of the awful fighters have to fight each other? Jessica is too quiet for it to be satisfying if she has to fight Carla.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The comments Carla & Felice are getting on Facebook are some of the most honest and brutal I've ever read about WMMA. They've really hurt their individual brands.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I could be remembering this wrong, but wasn't Randa the one who abstained from the vote. So how exactly is she going back on her word.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The whole concept is a joke anyways, this isn't Congress and they're not making any binding decisions here.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I liked how Carla was going "you disobeyed the coach!" like a child tattling in school and then Pettis was like uh, I don't give a poo poo.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I could be remembering this wrong, but wasn't Randa the one who abstained from the vote. So how exactly is she going back on her word.

Yeah she basically said that she was happy with how they were training before and didn't think they needed to change anything. But I guess she didn't vote and her side "lost" so she was supposed to sit at home for most of the day instead of training, or something.

Also Angela Magana's twitter is a total train wreck, good lord. The last 24 hours is full of stuff about Randa being a psycho, Joanne being fake, talking about how bullying is part of MMA and if you don't like it you should get out, and also a badly photoshopped photo of her beating Aisling by "first round armbar" :laffo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Angela is a loving psycho so I'm not surprised at all by that

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

1st AD posted:

Magaņa is weapons-grade crazy :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This kinda sums it up the reactions:

And this is the cherry on top for me. The drama queens being all smug on Twitter before losing because they trust in being portrayed in the most beneficial way by the production crew and then being outraged when, somehow, the opposite happens.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
That was a really cool sub Randa did. The other girl said afterwards that she was winning the fight until she got caught by the sub but I think she's an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah at best it was a stalemate but it's pretty telling that she got instantly tapped the minute Randa ended up on top.

• Locked thread