Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

As far as woman-impressing factor goes, an ST is like a 2/10 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

All bikes only impress dudes, this is scientific fact

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All bikes only impress dudes, this is scientific fact

That you believe this says a lot about you or your bikes. :smith:

I'm sorry. :glomp:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Chichevache posted:

That you believe this says a lot about you or your bikes. :smith:

I'm sorry. :glomp:

Scooter rider detected.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

Scooter rider detected.

American scooter rider. In Europe a scooter is almost as much of a chick magnet as a tiny moustache or smoking cigarettes.

*edit*

Wait, you're saying he rides scooters, right?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dunno man, I had a gsxr, which should have been a chick magnet, but attracted about 5 dudes asking questions every time I drove it

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
While I agree that a bike can be a "chick magnet," keep in mind it's the BIKE and rarely YOU. Think it through. You're a nasty, smelly, grungy, bug-splattered gently caress with Nick Nolte helmet hair, sitting by yourself in a faraway bar where the most current track on the jukebox is Hey Ya! by Outkast. No one is riding off into the sunset with your loner rear end, unless they have a death wish, outstanding warrant, or seven teeth.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I dunno man, I had a gsxr, which should have been a chick magnet, but attracted about 5 dudes asking questions every time I drove it

Talked about riding but said 'drove': Not a real rider.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
N'th-ing the "only dudes care about your dumb bike" thing.

nsaP posted:

Talked about riding but said 'drove': Not a real rider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xbZt9-xtuU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Marv Hushman posted:

While I agree that a bike can be a "chick magnet," keep in mind it's the BIKE and rarely YOU. Think it through. You're a nasty, smelly, grungy, bug-splattered gently caress with Nick Nolte helmet hair, sitting by yourself in a faraway bar where the most current track on the jukebox is Hey Ya! by Outkast. No one is riding off into the sunset with your loner rear end, unless they have a death wish, outstanding warrant, or seven teeth.

nSap and I have great hair when we take our helmets off. :smuggo:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My current girlfriend told me that when she saw my ZRX was when she decided she'd try get in my pants.

Chichevache posted:

If nsaP has great hair then I shudder to imagine what yours is like :v:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Party in the front, business in the back. :haw:

short as hell so it doesn't get messed up by the helmet

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I have a beard now, it legitimizes my bun. Buzzfeed told me so.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Until you post a picture of yourself I'm going to visualize you as Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Chichevache posted:

short as hell so it doesn't get messed up by the helmet
Buzz cut 4 lyfe.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Until you post a picture of yourself I'm going to visualize you as the big lebowski

FTFY.

Collateral Damage posted:

Buzz cut 4 lyfe.

Yeah this. Helmets preclude any kind of hair 'style' AFAIK. Not that I ever had one to start with.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Creepy Real Dolls :wtc:. Sweet Odin, you own a Ducati, just go out and meet real women. :psyboom:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Marxalot posted:

N'th-ing the "only dudes care about your dumb bike" thing.

lol if your bike has never played a part in you getting laid at least once :dukedog:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I've been approached by women asking about the bike. Granted, I've been approached by weird dudes at the gas station a lot more often.

Edit: my wife loves the fact that I ride and thinks it's hot

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Chichevache posted:

Agreed, buzz is helmet proof. I can't do it though, I suspect there's a Squidward skull 'neath the locks.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

hot sauce posted:

lol if your bike has never played a part in you getting laid at least once :dukedog:

I've layed 'er down, if that's what you mean.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
The only time a grown woman noticed my VFR was when she pulled me over in a speed trap.

Although I did have an 8-year old girl take a photo of me riding from the back seat of her dad's car once. I'm thinking she probably showed it to her friends and laughed about the ugly man on the bright yellow bike. :smith:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Considering I've been told (by both him & her) that a guy got laid thanks to a raid in World of warcraft, I'd say anything is possible.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

I got a nice compliment the other day. I had stopped at Best Buy to pick up a router on the way home from work and while I was standing in line with all my gear on, helmet in hand, she smiled at me and said I looked like a superhero. It made me feel pretty good :blush:

An unrelated note, riding a white bike has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that people think you are a cop and pull over out of your way. The disadvantage is people think you are a cop and do not pull over out of your way choosing to slow down to 10 below the limit.

Batcat! Batcat!
Dec 21, 2009

Haven't been on a bike in 2 months as of today.

Used to ride every day, miss it so much :smith:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
When even the pope recons dude on dude action is a okay, you've gotta wonder if a lil' gas stop jo session isn't all that crazy of an experience. You know, just as an experiment.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Considering I've been told (by both him & her) that a guy got laid thanks to a raid in World of warcraft, I'd say anything is possible.

WoW strange isn't worth it man. You've been on the internet long enough to know that.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

The only thing my bike attracts is middle aged business men.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Lexorin posted:

The only thing my bike attracts is middle aged business men.

sexy middle aged businessmen?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Your bike has great synergy, FYI. Let's circle back and roundtable. Assets and whatnot.

Yeah, mostly dudes like my bike. My wife is happy that it makes me happy, and as long as I don't hurt myself KOW she doesn't really care that much.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Day Man posted:

I've been approached by women asking about the bike. Granted, I've been approached by weird dudes at the gas station a lot more often.

Edit: my wife loves the fact that I ride and thinks it's hot

I've caught women checking me out while on the bike, but if they say anything, it's almost always about the gear. Probably the best compliment I got once was not directed to me, but to my wife. One November, a couple of years back, I went to vote. Most of the voting volunteers are retirees, but there were two pretty good-looking women there. They didn't say anything other than "hi" and a smile, but unbeknownst to me, they were friends of my wife. When she came in later to vote, they were talking about the "hot guy in all leather".

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

The only women that have cared about my bike have also been riders so it wasn't going to gain any points or whatever.
My usual attire is faded to pink jacket, yellow helmet and beat riding pants and boots so I can't even pull the super hero look off.
A friends boyfriend once called my jacket badass because it was so beat looking. Guess that almost kinda counts.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Bugdrvr posted:

The only women that have cared about my bike have also been riders so it wasn't going to gain any points or whatever.

Chicks that ride get points from me; why wouldn't dudes that ride get points from chicks that ride?

The only points that matter to dudes that ride should be chick points from chicks that ride pointing at dudes riding dudes.

Chicks and dudes: what are you gonna do?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I think the point is that the sort of person who is sexually attracted to bikers is attracted because of the person (or at least the idealised version of them). Nobody's going to go "Well I was going to gently caress that biker but I've just realised they've got the base model Panigale, not the R".

It's like someone who's attracted to nurses isn't going to go "Eh actually they're only a phlebotomist". (A terrible comparison but literally the only one I could come up with that didn't gross me out)

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I think the point is that the sort of person who is sexually attracted to bikers is attracted because of the person (or at least the idealised version of them). Nobody's going to go "Well I was going to gently caress that biker but I've just realised they've got the base model Panigale, not the R".

It's like someone who's attracted to nurses isn't going to go "Eh actually they're only a phlebotomist". (A terrible comparison but literally the only one I could come up with that didn't gross me out)

Do you have fat, hairy, Harley riders in the UK?

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

captainOrbital posted:

Chicks that ride get points from me; why wouldn't dudes that ride get points from chicks that ride?

The only points that matter to dudes that ride should be chick points from chicks that ride pointing at dudes riding dudes.

Agreed.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

MoraleHazard posted:

Do you have fat, hairy, Harley riders in the UK?

Yeah, and they're a surprisingly common fantasy for women. But so are sports bikers in one-piece leathers, so there's that. Nobody fantasises about Sam Browne belts though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Marv Hushman posted:

Agreed, buzz is helmet proof. I can't do it though, I suspect there's a Squidward skull 'neath the locks.

Not a buzz for me. More like the Nazi soldiers in Inglorious Basterds, short and slicked back.

KARMA! posted:

When even the pope recons dude on dude action is a okay, you've gotta wonder if a lil' gas stop jo session isn't all that crazy of an experience. You know, just as an experiment.

I live in Southern California.:wmwink:

No homo.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 20, 2014

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yall sound like a bunch of horny nerdy 12-year-old boys.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
And you sound like a 40-year-old graphic designer with 4 kids who's frustrated that he can't ride when it's 12 degrees out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

Girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls who do girls like they're boys?