Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just used a Moon card and ended up in a secret room where the only exit was into a curse room. No bombs, no health. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Panniculus Rift posted:

Does 9 lives still work for you guys with the Lost? I picked it up on a Lost run, but died at the first hit without coming back.

Yes, I had a run earlier today where I picked it up and it worked fine. It just didn't show how many lives I had left because there's no health bar to put the x9 next to.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Gnawed Leaf, Demon Baby, Gemini, and absolutely no damage upgrades aka how I beat everything up through the Chest while reading a book.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm definitely getting addicted to angel rooms now that the Lost's unlocks are in them, especially with Isaac where you can reroll the key to another item for a guaranteed one and chance at two great items. I got the goat head on floor one and actually completed the body/mind/soul+godhead combo together with the 20/20s and a bunch of other sick upgrades, then rolled dad's key with my last d6 roll on the chest. So I got to take on Mega Satan, and the aura from the godhead tears alone killed everything before it managed to attack even once.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I beat the boss rush room, is there a boss rush with womb bosses?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
No, but I would love a boss rush after beating mega satan fast enough that would have every boss, ???/Lamb included, all in a row.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thing I learned: if you use the D4 enough eventually it just breaks and you don't have anything, just base stats. It was fun while it lasted though!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

AnonSpore posted:

I'm definitely getting addicted to angel rooms now that the Lost's unlocks are in them, especially with Isaac where you can reroll the key to another item for a guaranteed one and chance at two great items. I got the goat head on floor one and actually completed the body/mind/soul+godhead combo together with the 20/20s and a bunch of other sick upgrades, then rolled dad's key with my last d6 roll on the chest. So I got to take on Mega Satan, and the aura from the godhead tears alone killed everything before it managed to attack even once.

In a run like that, I recommend going and defeating the boss of that floor before megasatan, just because you can.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Ariong posted:

In a run like that, I recommend going and defeating the boss of that floor before megasatan, just because you can.

Oh yeah, I went and laughed in the blue baby's face while what few tears he managed to fire literally bounced off of my Soul-enhanced body before taking on Mega Satan.

Lankster NZ
Jul 21, 2007

So I just came across the most bullshit room in the womb. I was playing as Eden and had massive piercing, freeze tears that would wipe out rooms with ease and guppy's paw with 5 red heart containers to use it on in case health became an issue. So I thought I'd have an easy win, but no.

I walk into a 2x2 room and am instantly sucked toward the center by four vacuum/magnet statues. This wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't two rows of spikes and at least four laser eyeballs surrounding them. But ok Ive got guppy's paw so I use that to get blue hearts and I figure it will be easily enough health to get me through. Nope, the game says gently caress you and mom's hands come down and grab me out of the room.
This was the only route to the exit so I tried 4 more times, every one getting grabbed by the hands and losing more and more health until I eventually ran out of blue hearts and died.
I even tried just running to the lower door and using a bomb to escape since I had crazy high speed but the room is just way too chaotic having to fight against the magnets while avoiding lasers, spikes and hands was just too much.

Anyone else come across this stupid loving room? First time Ive been truly pissed at the game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Beat the lamb on my first try, it wasn't too hard, tiny planet was actually pretty helpful.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

My loss streak with The Lost is somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 now. Granted, that's with a lot of early suicides to Curse Rooms if they happen to start next to the first room trying for a lucky Dead Cat, but still, definitely questioning my sanity right about now.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Tar Ball
Little Gish
Spider Bite
Hourglass

What are you trying to tell me, game?

HPKT
SBPS

Slowdown seed central.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 20, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That reminds me, is there actually not a Gish transformation in the game? I was really expecting it once I saw that there was more than one gish-related item now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

So was a way to replace the OST with the old Danny tunes ever figured out?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Volt Catfish posted:

So was a way to replace the OST with the old Danny tunes ever figured out?

Yes.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Rollersnake posted:

Is there a cap to how many little followers you can get on one playthrough? I think the most I've ever had at once is three, tops. :psyduck:

Nope.

BFF is secretly the best item in this game. :getin:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hot drat thank you

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

IPECAC and Tiny Planet have exactly as much synergy as you'd imagine. Cricket's Body didn't exactly help either.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

IPECAC and Tiny Planet have exactly as much synergy as you'd imagine. Cricket's Body didn't exactly help either.

I actually ran into both those items in my successful Lost run to the Lamb. So I made the right call not picking them both up?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Let's put it this way: I completed suicide king with no rerolls, but I was unable to clear even a single room with that combo (admittedly that room contained The Bloat).

Cricket's Head is also pretty bad with IPECAC if you don't have Pyromaniac. It's cool but the distance and direction of the secondary explosions are extremely unpredictable.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Why do people in this thread write ipecac in all-caps sometimes?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

EvilMike posted:

Why do people in this thread write ipecac in all-caps sometimes?

Because the flash version did.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
Any recommendations on making the Beans! challenge easier? Yes you start off with 99 Butt Bombs but that doesn't go nearly so far with the Bean's slow recharge rate.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Tried a bit of eden, first run had damage at 1 pip and it was terrible. Second run had damage maxed from the start and I got brimstone a bit later, with tammys head from the womb. Was quite a different experience.

I didn't get any unlocks from the boss rush though, wonder why.

Yeah page four column 9 row 2 is not there :(

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 20, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man normally It Lives isn't that hard for me but gently caress if it spawns that stupid asteroid boss I just take a ton of hits. Trying to dodge bullets with a bunch of spiders running around is infuriating. I just lost a great Demo Man run because of that poo poo.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toothache posted:

Any recommendations on making the Beans! challenge easier? Yes you start off with 99 Butt Bombs but that doesn't go nearly so far with the Bean's slow recharge rate.

Survive until you find something that allows you to kill enemies blindfolded on its own (e.g. brimstone baby) or something that synergizes with having 99 bombs like the lucky rock or something. Find all secret rooms, bomb mushrooms and skulls, abuse the hell out of your starting arsenal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Toothache posted:

Yes they do, just be patient. You can just wander around rooms while the Bean recharges, don't waste bombs on enemies unless you have to. Don't bother exploring floors, either. Try to find the boss room right away, there's no point to looking for a shop after you find the boss door. If you know a boss door is in one direction it is sometimes more cost efficient to bomb a door than it is to take on the enemies in the room. Followers, Infestation 1/2, Distant Admiration/Forever Alone, and Daddy Longlegs are all very helpful as well. Even Guppy's Hairball can be useful.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yes they do, just be patient. You can just wander around rooms while the Bean recharges, don't waste bombs on enemies unless you have to. Don't bother exploring floors, either. Try to find the boss room right away, there's no point to looking for a shop after you find the boss door. If you know a boss door is in one direction it is sometimes more cost efficient to bomb a door than it is to take on the enemies in the room. Followers, Infestation 1/2, Distant Admiration/Forever Alone, and Daddy Longlegs are all very helpful as well. Even Guppy's Hairball can be useful.
Also, there's always the "gently caress this challenge" option of holding down "R" until you start next to a cursed room, checking it for a teleport to Satan, and repeating the process until either 'Lil Brimstone or Mom's Knife are there to grab. Assuming you have them unlocked, anyway.

Random Hajile fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 20, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Beans! wouldn't be half as bad if your space bar item didn't recharge so slow. You spend so much time just walking around doing nothing.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Things that apparently proc Pyromania:

Satan Stomps, rendering me functionally invincible on the last stage of Satan. The feet also apparently don't deal contact damage, very useful, gamed it for a full health refill before Dark Room.
Any ground pound attack that does the thing where it spits rocks at you, and it apparently procs Pyromania incredibly rapidly, I found this out when an adversary slammed into me in the Dark Room only to instantly refill every single heart container I had, went from like 3 to full in a loving second.

knowledge thus gained, that was how Pyromania carried an otherwise absolutely mediocre run to a Hard Mode Dark Room clear. Doesn't matter how poo poo your damage is if you can't actually die!

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Do the multi-shot items (20/20, Inner Eye, Mutant Spider) still not synergize with each other? :(

Internet Kraken posted:

Beans! wouldn't be half as bad if your space bar item didn't recharge so slow. You spend so much time just walking around doing nothing.

Yeah, it should really be more like the Candle recharge in the original Binding Of Isaac. TBH, I don't really understand why the Battery is even needed for the challenge; Ed said that the Bean would have Candle-like recharge, and the only thing like that in the final game is the goddamn non-damaging Butter Bean.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

The feet also apparently don't deal contact damage, very useful

This is also very useful because if YOU have contact damage, you can kill Satan by running into his feet after they stomp. :getin:

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
So if you have the 9volt and pick up two batteries it doesn't give you two charges?

At least I think, I can't tell the green from the slightly similar shade of green.

I do not understand how game devs think they can just ignore colorblindness. It was fine in base Isaac when everything was bright and cartoony but I can't tell what's going on half the loving time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LaughMyselfTo posted:

This is also very useful because if YOU have contact damage, you can kill Satan by running into his feet after they stomp. :getin:

Satan and Mom are both hilarious when you have the Gnawed Leaf for exactly this reason. All you have to do is sit still.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
I've had my character drop bombs without me doing anything since the release. It's probably my keyboard, but I don't know for sure. It sometimes happens once per run, sometimes several times on a floor. It's been a nuisance, but it hasn't ruined my runs so far.

But holy gently caress goddamn I just had my first promising Lost run (5-6 damage upgrades, toxic tears, gnawed leaf etc) and while I was concentrating on some enemies and not getting hit a bomb was dropped on my feet.

... And I didn't notice until it was too late. :negative:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

TheModernAmerican posted:

So if you have the 9volt and pick up two batteries it doesn't give you two charges?

At least I think, I can't tell the green from the slightly similar shade of green.

I do not understand how game devs think they can just ignore colorblindness. It was fine in base Isaac when everything was bright and cartoony but I can't tell what's going on half the loving time.

The 9 volt just gives you one pip after using your charge. The other battery item you're thinking of does fill to full with two battery consumables.

That said, it sort of annoys me because even with the overcharge battery, if you pick up a battery consumable with 5 pips on your item, you only get 1 pip leaving you at one full bar, instead of 6 pips leaving you at one bar plus 5 pips to the full orange charge.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Wugga posted:

I've had my character drop bombs without me doing anything since the release. It's probably my keyboard, but I don't know for sure. It sometimes happens once per run, sometimes several times on a floor. It's been a nuisance, but it hasn't ruined my runs so far.

But holy gently caress goddamn I just had my first promising Lost run (5-6 damage upgrades, toxic tears, gnawed leaf etc) and while I was concentrating on some enemies and not getting hit a bomb was dropped on my feet.

... And I didn't notice until it was too late. :negative:

Sounds like a sticky keyboard or something under a movement key that can flick the "E" key when you're roaming. Pop the keys up and clean it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is taking Number one a good idea with Brimstone?

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

AnonSpore posted:

The 9 volt just gives you one pip after using your charge. The other battery item you're thinking of does fill to full with two battery consumables.

That said, it sort of annoys me because even with the overcharge battery, if you pick up a battery consumable with 5 pips on your item, you only get 1 pip leaving you at one full bar, instead of 6 pips leaving you at one bar plus 5 pips to the full orange charge.

Oh my bad, it was the other battery item. It might have filled up twice but the "orange" second bar is almost identical to the normal color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Kurtofan posted:

Is taking Number one a good idea with Brimstone?

Yes, because doesn't matter at all with Brimstone because Brimstone gives you infinity range. Less range * infinity = Still infinity.