Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Deadpool posted:

Why book the band at all when you can do their material better than them?

Hell, why not go all the way and just play songs from a good band instead of U2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

As if naming yourself "good voice" didn't belie how generic and bland your music was enough. :lol:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

raditts posted:

Hell, why not go all the way and just play songs from a good band instead of U2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBRYsAfchkY

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

It was great news until I saw they had ditched the idea of doing it as a prequel. Luther finished in just the right place, and I really don't want to know what happens after that. Luther has his personal life repeatedly wrecked because he can't stop caring about people. What kind of sadist wants to watch him fall back into that after achieving a well-earned happy ending?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fresh on the heels of GSN's successful "Skin Wars," they're following up by developing a companion piece: "Steampunk'd"

quote:

STEAMPUNK’D is a wildly creative competition series featuring talented artists, designers and inventors who create “Steampunk,” a popular genre of science fiction and fantasy that fuses modern technology and Victorian Age aesthetics to turn everyday objects into works of art. Contestants will be challenged to marry objects from the past and present in order to create futuristic designs and inventions. Dramatic reveals each week will build to a grand finale of a fully Steampunk'd world, so get ready for "before" and "after" like none you've ever seen before! STEAMPUNK’D is executive produced by Kimberly Belcher Ehrhard, John Ehrhard (“Hogan Knows Best,” “Miami Social”) and Lauren Stevens of Pink Sneakers Productions.

:ughh:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Fresh on the heels of GSN's successful "Skin Wars," they're following up by developing a companion piece: "Steampunk'd"

Expected a Victorian-themed prank show hosted by Ashton Kutcher. Left disappointed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fargo's Allison Tolman is going to guest star in the second season of Review. Also, you know, second season of Review.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I didn't know this but Honey Boo Boo got cancelled because the mother started dating a pedophile who had recently been let out of jail, but more than that, he was put in jail for actually raping one of Honey Boo Boo's sisters.

:smithicide:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The most American way that show could have possibly ended.

e: Given that it's a loving Toddlers and Tiaras spinoff I can't imagine anyone was actually surprised by this.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ravane posted:

I didn't know this but Honey Boo Boo got cancelled because the mother started dating a pedophile who had recently been let out of jail, but more than that, he was put in jail for actually raping one of Honey Boo Boo's sisters.

I knew the first part, but the second part was somehow unreported when the news first broke. :stare:

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Ravane posted:

Don't forget that he's the bio-dad of another one of her sisters!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Deadpool posted:

Holy poo poo, Fallon sounds more like Bono than Bono has in over a decade. :monocle:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

aw gently caress, i guess i like jimmy fallon. poo poo.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

This is great news! Steampunk appeals to the exact kind of turbonerds who think that The Big Bang Theory is "nerd blackface" and rage against "casual" gamers, so if we're lucky this will get enough mainstream popularity that the steampunkers will abandon their fandom in droves as a result.

Aye Doc posted:

aw gently caress, i guess i like jimmy fallon. poo poo.

People keep giving him poo poo for stuff he did on SNL years ago but I like him as a talkshow host because he follows thew Craig Ferguson model where it's laid back and people just goof around and have fun. He's not trying way too hard to go viral like Jimmy Kimmel or doing the tired old structured interviews like Leno.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ravane posted:

You forgot the fact that the father of one of the other kids is already in jail for sexual exploitation of a minor. Honey Boo Boo is basically pedo central on basic cable apparently.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

People keep giving him poo poo for stuff he did on SNL years ago but I like him as a talkshow host because he follows thew Craig Ferguson model where it's laid back and people just goof around and have fun. He's not trying way too hard to go viral like Jimmy Kimmel or doing the tired old structured interviews like Leno.

this makes it even funnier that Fallon seems to go viral constantly and Kimmel never does. the youtube frontpage always has a new Fallon bit or three for me and the last Kimmel thing I remember seeing is the kids crying about Christmas presents or something

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Aye Doc posted:

this makes it even funnier that Fallon seems to go viral constantly and Kimmel never does. the youtube frontpage always has a new Fallon bit or three for me and the last Kimmel thing I remember seeing is the kids crying about Christmas presents or something

The last of Kimmel's that I remember seeing was when he staged footage of a wolf running around the halls of a hotel and uploaded it saying that it had happened in Sochi, which is dumb as hell because Sochi already had so much genuine hilarity.

Before that was Movie: The Movie which was only noteworthy for how the amount of celebrities involved in it was inversely proportional to the number of actual jokes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3NwB9PLxss

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Irish Joe posted:

Your point that the Batman show should reference Batman less?

I don't think that's the killer argument you think it is.

I'm saying it needs to be more subtle and less on the nose. Every now and again, a direct reference is fine, but not on a constant basis.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Aye Doc posted:

I don't really watch late night shows anymore, but anytime I'm shown a Fallon clip I'm entertained. Doesn't hurt that half of them are the Roots being awesome.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

After seeing Daniel Radcliffe's Alphabet Aerobics video, I ended up spending a few hours watching Fallon clips. Why didn't anyone tell me that Fallon actually got funny at some point?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

JohnSherman posted:

After seeing Daniel Radcliffe's Alphabet Aerobics video, I ended up spending a few hours watching Fallon clips. Why didn't anyone tell me that Fallon actually got funny at some point?
I always enjoyed Fallon but he's not one of those people that can keep a straight face. So fortunately he now is a talk show host instead.

I mean how many times was Fallon able to keep a straight face during a single Weekend Update back on SNL? I'm sure it was never. He's a goof, and a funny one at that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Man it's been 10 years since Fallon was a cast member on SNL. Time flies.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Netflix picked up Longmire for a 4th season :unsmith:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/11/19/longmire-netflix-fourth-season/19296317/

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Remember when Jimmy Fallon was on Band of Brothers

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mu Zeta posted:

Remember when Jimmy Fallon everyone was on Band of Brothers

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

This is very good news.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Which seasons of The X-Files are worth watching?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Josh Lyman posted:

1 through 6 are great. I thought 7 was dogshit, and I haven't watched the last two as a result (though I heard that 9 was decent).

edit: scratch that, 7 is still ok, 8 is the season that made me quit watching.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 20, 2014

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

A better question is "which episodes are worth watching". The over-arching plot they start developing is pretty lovely compared to the show's really great monster of the week episodes.

"X-Cops" is easily the best and everyone should watch it. Also "Home" and "Jose Chung's From Outer Space".

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

precision posted:

A better question is "which episodes are worth watching". The over-arching plot they start developing is pretty lovely compared to the show's really great monster of the week episodes.

"X-Cops" is easily the best and everyone should watch it. Also "Home" and "Jose Chung's From Outer Space".
So I should just watch this? http://www.empireonline.com/features/greatest-x-files-episodes

For reference, the 20 episodes they chose are:

Season 1, Episode 1 Pilot
Season 1, Episode 3 Squeeze
Season 1, Episode 8 Ice
Season 1, Episode 13 Beyond the Sea

Season 2, Episode 5 Duane Barry
Season 2, Episode 8 One Breath
Season 2, Episode 14 Die Hand Die Verletzt

Season 3, Episode 2 Paper Clip
Season 3, Episode 4 Clyde Bruckman's Final Response
Season 3, Episode 10 731
Season 3, Episode 12 War of the Cprophages
Season 3, Episode 15 Piper Maru

Season 4, Episode 2 Home
Season 4, Episode 7 Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
Season 4, Episode 20 Small Potatoes

Season 5, Episode 5 The Post-Modern Prometheus
Season 5, Episode 12 Bad Blood (Gillian Anderson's favorite ep)

Season 6, Episode 2 Drive
Season 6, Episode 3 Triangle

Season 7, Episode 12 X-Cops

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 20, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Whatever you do, watch "Squeeze".

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Just watch everything through seven and listen along to the X-Files podcast Kumail Nanjiani is doing. He has an incredible talent for choosing good guests and really appreciates a lot in most of the episodes. Plus he reads the Usenet postings made about the episode the night each aired, and they're hilarious.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Of course they did, it's not called Shortmire.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hey yo if you listen to podcasts: You need to listen to Serial, it's fuckin incredible

if you don't listen to podcasts: You need to listen to Serial, it's fuckin incredible

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't approve of exploiting real life tragedies for entertainment.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
That's called "the News".

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Toxxupation posted:

hey yo if you listen to podcasts: You need to listen to Serial, it's fuckin incredible

if you don't listen to podcasts: You need to listen to Serial, it's fuckin incredible

Boring and unfunny

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Toxxupation posted:

http://www.clickhole.com/article/superfan-man-has-agreed-be-murdered-ensure-second--1443

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I want to like you Mindy Project but you have the worst ADR I have ever seen in a loving show in the history of a Show of Shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

GoutPatrol posted:

I want to like you Mindy Project...

Jesus. Why?

• Locked thread